• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:41
CEST 22:41
KST 05:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9043 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 562

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 560 561 562 563 564 665 Next
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
September 21 2014 21:41 GMT
#11221
Had a really disappointing day for the 2nd day of sealed at the shop today. They ran out of Abzan and Mardu, and I really wanted to go Mardu. I ended up picking Sultai since I did Temur yesterday.

My pool was not favorable for my BUG Sultai clan. I ended up just saying fugg it and gambled with 5 colors and all the mana fixing I could get. If I wasn't against an aggro deck I did well. Played two aggro decks and went 1-2, didn't bother playing the final round. No money cards either, unless Narset, Enlightened Master (jeskai) foil is worth anything. Promo card was the cat demon Rakshasha. I didn't have a good mix of delve cards, and enablers to make it work so gave up on that. An altogether pretty lousy experience. Wish I could have just gone Mardu - damn shop didn't foresee so many people picking Abzan and Mardu this weekend and ran out of stock.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-21 22:35:10
September 21 2014 22:34 GMT
#11222
On September 22 2014 06:41 EscPlan9 wrote:
Had a really disappointing day for the 2nd day of sealed at the shop today. They ran out of Abzan and Mardu, and I really wanted to go Mardu. I ended up picking Sultai since I did Temur yesterday.

My pool was not favorable for my BUG Sultai clan. I ended up just saying fugg it and gambled with 5 colors and all the mana fixing I could get. If I wasn't against an aggro deck I did well. Played two aggro decks and went 1-2, didn't bother playing the final round. No money cards either, unless Narset, Enlightened Master (jeskai) foil is worth anything. Promo card was the cat demon Rakshasha. I didn't have a good mix of delve cards, and enablers to make it work so gave up on that. An altogether pretty lousy experience. Wish I could have just gone Mardu - damn shop didn't foresee so many people picking Abzan and Mardu this weekend and ran out of stock.


That's not how it works, Wizards send out packs based on the previous set's pre-release. This means that if your store pulled in weak numbers for M15 pre-release, their numbers would get cut for this one. This is obviously is a shit system but its not the shops fault, they can't foresee anything and even if they did, they can't do anything about it.

So Sultani Ascendency maybe worth building around and definitely makes me want to play the card in a control shell. So it'll be interesting to test in this format.
Get it by your hands...
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-21 22:53:26
September 21 2014 22:47 GMT
#11223
Went to a Midnight release, my first magic event ever. We were 34 people so it was decided we played 7 games each.

Wanted Abzan because they seemed to be the strongest clan but apparently everyone else thought so too, so they ran out way before it was my turn to pick (I was in the middle of the line).

Picked up Mardu instead. Received a Ankle Shanker as my promo rare and then opened a Sorin, combined with alot of goblin tokens i managed to take 2 decisive victories against two Temur players, (2-0,2-0). Then i barely beat a Abzan player (2-1). The fourth round i went up against a Jeskai player who was also 3-0. He was really good and beat me (2-1)

After that i had the bad fortune of going up against both the store owners who both naturally played Abzan and I lost against them both (2-1),(2-0). So being at (3-3) I had to win my last match to get a prize. I went up against a Jeskai player and won an easy 2-0, which secured me 11th place with a end result of (10-7) and got the 3rd price pool reward, 3 boosters. Overall i was happy with the event, but going to bed 10 in the morning wasn't optimal, and i was really sleepy and hungry during the event.

I really liked the clans, i think they all we're played out uniquely. Shame that i never got to play against Sultai, i think a fast aggressive Mardu would defiantly have a edge against a lategame Sultai player since i wrecked midgame Temur.

Never played 3 colours before and i was pleasantly surprised it went so well, almost never saw anyone have problems with mana, the dual, triple and fetch lands really helped.
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 21 2014 23:06 GMT
#11224
On September 22 2014 07:47 Zorgaz wrote:
Went to a Midnight release, my first magic event ever. We were 34 people so it was decided we played 7 games each.

Wanted Abzan because they seemed to be the strongest clan but apparently everyone else thought so too, so they ran out way before it was my turn to pick (I was in the middle of the line).

Picked up Mardu instead. Received a Ankle Shanker as my promo rare and then opened a Sorin, combined with alot of goblin tokens i managed to take 2 decisive victories against two Temur players, (2-0,2-0). Then i barely beat a Abzan player (2-1). The fourth round i went up against a Jeskai player who was also 3-0. He was really good and beat me (2-1)

After that i had the bad fortune of going up against both the store owners who both naturally played Abzan and I lost against them both (2-1),(2-0). So being at (3-3) I had to win my last match to get a prize. I went up against a Jeskai player and won an easy 2-0, which secured me 11th place with a end result of (10-7) and got the 3rd price pool reward, 3 boosters. Overall i was happy with the event, but going to bed 10 in the morning wasn't optimal, and i was really sleepy and hungry during the event.

I really liked the clans, i think they all we're played out uniquely. Shame that i never got to play against Sultai, i think a fast aggressive Mardu would defiantly have a edge against a lategame Sultai player since i wrecked midgame Temur.

Never played 3 colours before and i was pleasantly surprised it went so well, almost never saw anyone have problems with mana, the dual, triple and fetch lands really helped.


7 rounds for 34 people is not how tournaments are supposed to work...
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 21 2014 23:12 GMT
#11225
On September 22 2014 08:06 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 07:47 Zorgaz wrote:
Went to a Midnight release, my first magic event ever. We were 34 people so it was decided we played 7 games each.

Wanted Abzan because they seemed to be the strongest clan but apparently everyone else thought so too, so they ran out way before it was my turn to pick (I was in the middle of the line).

Picked up Mardu instead. Received a Ankle Shanker as my promo rare and then opened a Sorin, combined with alot of goblin tokens i managed to take 2 decisive victories against two Temur players, (2-0,2-0). Then i barely beat a Abzan player (2-1). The fourth round i went up against a Jeskai player who was also 3-0. He was really good and beat me (2-1)

After that i had the bad fortune of going up against both the store owners who both naturally played Abzan and I lost against them both (2-1),(2-0). So being at (3-3) I had to win my last match to get a prize. I went up against a Jeskai player and won an easy 2-0, which secured me 11th place with a end result of (10-7) and got the 3rd price pool reward, 3 boosters. Overall i was happy with the event, but going to bed 10 in the morning wasn't optimal, and i was really sleepy and hungry during the event.

I really liked the clans, i think they all we're played out uniquely. Shame that i never got to play against Sultai, i think a fast aggressive Mardu would defiantly have a edge against a lategame Sultai player since i wrecked midgame Temur.

Never played 3 colours before and i was pleasantly surprised it went so well, almost never saw anyone have problems with mana, the dual, triple and fetch lands really helped.


7 rounds for 34 people is not how tournaments are supposed to work...


You can set it to however many you want it to be, but yes that's far less than ideal.
Get it by your hands...
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
September 22 2014 00:05 GMT
#11226
Went to my shop's event today, same story as others Abzan/Mardu sold out so I attempted Jeskai for fun. Pulled an Ashcloud Phoenix in my packs and promptly went 1-2, 1-2, 0-2 and dropped. had 25 ish people and was going to be 5 rounds but everything was winding down for the most part. Won a door prize and pulled Jace the Living Guildpact (m15) out of that as well.

Had a lot of fun, met some people, hopefully will be able to go more often.
In Inca we trust
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 02:01:09
September 22 2014 02:00 GMT
#11227
The suggested # of rounds for 34 is 6. Still a lot but jeez 7 is just insane for that many people. Although I guess if it wasn't a cut to top 8 then it is ok...Still very odd though.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 22 2014 02:40 GMT
#11228
On September 22 2014 11:00 DEN1ED wrote:
The suggested # of rounds for 34 is 6. Still a lot but jeez 7 is just insane for that many people. Although I guess if it wasn't a cut to top 8 then it is ok...Still very odd though.


TBH, if my store has less than 100 people for a prerelease (it usually does), it's just 3 rounds prize support based on record. Gets everyone home by 5 AM and a lot more people walking out with packs. Less miserable.

I have played in (and X-0'd) a 7 round prerelease w/o cut to top 8 and it was quite miserable.
GoSuNamhciR
Profile Joined May 2010
126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 06:30:22
September 22 2014 06:25 GMT
#11229
For my pre-release I made Mardu midrange with an excessive amount of combat tricks. 2 Bloodsoaked Champions + 3 of the White Pro from color +1/+1 counter cards with 2 blowout cards (sac 2 creatures for 9B delve). I only lost 2 games the entire pre release and it was in the Ro4 in a split loss, he had too much spot removal for me and was pretty much the direct counter to my combat trick oriented deck..

This format is a lot of fun... It wasn't like theros pre release which was heavily decided on luck based on cracking bombs, but more of the skill of building your mana base and color costs just right. I leaned a lot on black and red with the Mardu mini burning tree for huge explosions, I had 4 of em so I would go off pretty fast on turn 4-6 and usually end the game there. Jeskai was pretty much a joke for my deck to beat because of the double sac card, I just had to play around cancel.

All I can say is that Bloodsoaked Champion is the real deal, and I have been working feverishly building a list that revolves around him and other aggro all stars given to us by this set. I am really expecting to see Aggro and Junk (Abzan) midranges absolutely dominate until next set. The tools given for those archetypes are pretty insane.

I would say the biggest mistakes I saw from new players with the new set were mana issues, I had basically a free win due to obvious bad deck building that would not be an issue in mono colored sets. Also a guy overdelved against me for no reason and couldn't cast his Dig through time once he drew it and probably was the reason I won.
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 23:18:09
September 22 2014 23:14 GMT
#11230
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advises.

I'm trying to get back into magic casually with a friend with maybe the intention of playing some local events in the future (probably not anytime soon tho). Yesterday I went to a local shop and bought myself a M15 deckbuilder toolkit as a startup since I've read that it's a good deal for a new/returning player who don't have any cards. I was expecting to also buy a M14 deckbuilder toolkit but sadly they didn't have any left.

I'm planning on spending another 20-30$ on more cards for now but I'm not entirely sure what to buy. Should I try to get a M14 toolkit like I was planning to do or my money would be better spent on either another M15 toolkit (since it will probably give me some duplicate which might help out to build a better deck?) or just some booster packs? And if I should buy some booster packs, which one should I go for or it doesn't really matter? I was wondering if certain expansions/core set would help me better than others. I also heard that the fat/clash/intro packs aren't that great, so I guess these won't be what I'm looking for expect if someone could convince me that it could be a good buy. And what about trying to find a deck that have some cards that I already have and just buying the needed cards as singles? But I guess this probably won't work since the cards from the M15 toolkit don't seem to be very good and are probably not even used in decent/competitive decks. I also bet that with 20-30$, I'll most likely won't have enough to buy singles for a decent deck.

So far I'm kinda happy with the M15 toolkit since it didn't cost much, had 4 booster packs in it (dragon maze, theros, born of the gods and M15 core set which in itself cost like 12$ alone) and had 5 rares cards in the semi-randomized cards (1 of each color and sadly, I bet these rares aren't even that great outside of casual play) but the repartition of the cards wasn't what I was expecting just like I wasn't expecting that the 125 semi-randomized cards had cards from the Theros block, I taught it was only from the M15 core set. I have more black cards than the other colors, white/blue/green has about the same amount and a low amount of red cards. I was also a bit disappointed that some colors had such a low number of creatures/spells but then again, I guess for 20$ you don't have to expect something really great. So I'm starting to doubt that buying another toolkit would be a good idea.

So yeah, if some people could help me make a decision, it would be greatly appreciated since I'm really not sure where to go from now. I understand that it can be a difficult question to answer and it might have been answered more than 1 time but with the amount of pages this thread has, searching for it is mostly a pain. Sorry about that and thanks beforehand for helping out. Btw, if you need any infos on what I have, what I plan to do or whatever else, feel free to ask.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24802 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 23:20:44
September 22 2014 23:19 GMT
#11231
DPK you are going to get roughly the same advice that this thread has provided the many people who have asked similar questions before you. What are you looking to get out of your Magic cards? What do you plan to do with them?

"I'm trying to get back into magic casually with a friend with maybe the intention of playing some local events in the future (probably not anytime soon tho)."

If you just want to play casually with your friend, then you can obviously do whatever you want. If you think you will want to start entering low-level magic events, then you need to decide what types you are planning on participating in. If you are just going to draft whatever the newest set is at Friday Night Magic (which is designed to be good for newer or returning players since you don't need to have anything ahead of time) then you don't even need to buy any cards. You can start accumulating them as you draft, and take your time deciding if you want to buy booster boxes or anything else down the road.

The help you get will be the most useful once you decide, and share with us exactly what you want to do in MTG.

edit: If your goal is to play standard, but not for a while, then there's not much point in buying cards now as they will cycle out in less than two years.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-23 00:21:33
September 23 2014 00:18 GMT
#11232
On September 23 2014 08:14 DPK wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advises.

I'm trying to get back into magic casually with a friend with maybe the intention of playing some local events in the future (probably not anytime soon tho). Yesterday I went to a local shop and bought myself a M15 deckbuilder toolkit as a startup since I've read that it's a good deal for a new/returning player who don't have any cards.


I'm in the same boat as you, I would just go to drafts/sealed events for now until you accumulate cards you can trade for once you figure out what style of deck you want to play! The draft/sealed are a great way to relearn how to play and should get you some cards from the current standard block (if that is what you want to play) and hopefully you pull some decent cards to trade for. I'm personally investing most of my Magic money into Khans events and Khans intro packs/boosters since I would like to be playing a decent-ish (as in able to take some FNM top 4s or something) standard deck in about 6mos - year.
In Inca we trust
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
September 23 2014 00:38 GMT
#11233
Yeah that's one of the thing I didn't really 100% figured out yet. One thing for sure is that for now, I plan on just playing with a friend casually without spending too much money into the game and see how much we'll play. If we end up playing often, I might start spending more money into it and start entering low-level magic events.

I doubt I'll start by playing draft since I'm terrible at deckbuilding and I don't even know how it works. Standard sounds like the most popular format but I don't like the fact that some cards becomes irrelevant after only 2 years. So I guess Modern might be the one I would be interested in playing and probably try draft at a certain point. But then again, I have no clue about the cost the be somewhat competitive in all these formats and that would probably be the number one deciding factor in which format to choose. I also guess that playing both draft/modern can be good since you're able to accumulate cards from draft and then use them for playing modern?

So basically, I would like to know what would be the best way to spend 20-30$ that would help me build better decks right now (considering I only have the M15 deckbuilder toolkit) and down the road when I might start playing Modern since it will most likely be the format I'll play.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-23 01:33:02
September 23 2014 01:28 GMT
#11234
On September 23 2014 09:38 DPK wrote:
Yeah that's one of the thing I didn't really 100% figured out yet. One thing for sure is that for now, I plan on just playing with a friend casually without spending too much money into the game and see how much we'll play. If we end up playing often, I might start spending more money into it and start entering low-level magic events.

I doubt I'll start by playing draft since I'm terrible at deckbuilding and I don't even know how it works. Standard sounds like the most popular format but I don't like the fact that some cards becomes irrelevant after only 2 years. So I guess Modern might be the one I would be interested in playing and probably try draft at a certain point. But then again, I have no clue about the cost the be somewhat competitive in all these formats and that would probably be the number one deciding factor in which format to choose. I also guess that playing both draft/modern can be good since you're able to accumulate cards from draft and then use them for playing modern?

So basically, I would like to know what would be the best way to spend 20-30$ that would help me build better decks right now (considering I only have the M15 deckbuilder toolkit) and down the road when I might start playing Modern since it will most likely be the format I'll play.


Check what format is popular around you, otherwise you'll end up with a deck for a format that nobody plays. Draft isn't as hard as you think and most stores have friendly people. We in this thread try to help as well (ask micronesia). 20-30 bucks isn't a whole lot in standard and even less in modern unless you are a godly trader.

Edit: One of the most memorable moments in MtG for me was GP Louisville when I beat a mono-red player running Phoenixes over Reckoners which if people remember was a 15-25 dollar card. Since I was running UW and maindeck last breaths, I asked why he made that call, he just dropped: "Cause of money". Pretty sad shit considering in the back of my head I know he probably spent a considerable portion of his dispensable income to come to GP Louisville to play standard only to go 1-2 drop with a sub-optimal deck (Red by far was the cheapest deck at the time).
Get it by your hands...
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 23 2014 01:41 GMT
#11235
Made advanced in just over 3 months. Fuck yeah. The amount of misinformation about prereleases and how shops run them is hilarious. Was my shop's first prerelease and we were very nearly sold out after just the midnight event. 33 people joined. Wizards only sees fit to send 40 boxes to shops running their first prerelease no matter what numbers have been showing up for FNMs (we were at around 16-18 consistently for an entire month beforehand). We'll sell out and cap for our next prerelease as well since they only increase the amount they send by a moderate amount. Zzz

Sultai Ascendancy was the most busted thing I've ever seen at a prerelease. I think it might see standard play. It's just that good if you can cast it T3/T4. Mardu and Abzan took 1/2 split at the shop, but only because in the previous round the Sultai player never got a single green mana (and still almost won, in spite of the Abzan player having the khan, turtle, and the 1/1 soldier spitter for W). Everyone seemed like they had a blast, though. Can't wait for Friday to draft it. I feel like Sultai colors (UB in general moreso than G) are very underrated by the playerbase.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
September 23 2014 01:49 GMT
#11236
On September 23 2014 10:28 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2014 09:38 DPK wrote:
Yeah that's one of the thing I didn't really 100% figured out yet. One thing for sure is that for now, I plan on just playing with a friend casually without spending too much money into the game and see how much we'll play. If we end up playing often, I might start spending more money into it and start entering low-level magic events.

I doubt I'll start by playing draft since I'm terrible at deckbuilding and I don't even know how it works. Standard sounds like the most popular format but I don't like the fact that some cards becomes irrelevant after only 2 years. So I guess Modern might be the one I would be interested in playing and probably try draft at a certain point. But then again, I have no clue about the cost the be somewhat competitive in all these formats and that would probably be the number one deciding factor in which format to choose. I also guess that playing both draft/modern can be good since you're able to accumulate cards from draft and then use them for playing modern?

So basically, I would like to know what would be the best way to spend 20-30$ that would help me build better decks right now (considering I only have the M15 deckbuilder toolkit) and down the road when I might start playing Modern since it will most likely be the format I'll play.


Check what format is popular around you, otherwise you'll end up with a deck for a format that nobody plays. Draft isn't as hard as you think and most stores have friendly people. We in this thread try to help as well (ask micronesia). 20-30 bucks isn't a whole lot in standard and even less in modern unless you are a godly trader.

Edit: One of the most memorable moments in MtG for me was GP Louisville when I beat a mono-red player running Phoenixes over Reckoners which if people remember was a 15-25 dollar card. Since I was running UW and maindeck last breaths, I asked why he made that call, he just dropped: "Cause of money". Pretty sad shit considering in the back of my head I know he probably spent a considerable portion of his dispensable income to come to GP Louisville to play standard only to go 1-2 drop with a sub-optimal deck (Red by far was the cheapest deck at the time).


That's what I've been doing today and it's a mix of standard/draft/modern. I know that 20-30 bucks is pretty much nothing when it comes to MTG but I would like to spend my money as wisely as possible and in a way that would benefit me the most down the road if I decide to play some modern events at some point.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 23 2014 01:50 GMT
#11237
I played that card in 2HG, it felt like I was playing with a Top and sometimes it felt like I was playing with Sylvan Library. I had the Pits card so if I ever resolved t3 Ascendancy I can literally play for alpha strike the rest of the game with enough removal spells.

I think it's playable in standard simply because we are losing Abrupt Decay and I think this card is much better than a turn 3 Divination if it sticks. The problem is whether you want to play this or Courser and Courser is still a better card, but it works well with Courser. It's worth a test at the very least if nothing else.
Get it by your hands...
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24802 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-23 02:02:25
September 23 2014 02:02 GMT
#11238
DPK, if money is a big concern, but you still want to make a constructed deck... you should probably stick to monocolor. Good multicolor mana sources can get expensive in a hurry.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-23 02:57:10
September 23 2014 02:56 GMT
#11239
I've tried sultai ascendancy on and off in bug delve-r and it feels good. Dunno what to cut for it.

Got to team draft but a guy on my team felt ill and dropped. My initial thoughts are the green morphs are awesome, white might be overdrafted with abzan/mardu prerelease on the brain, and 2 drops are king.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
September 23 2014 08:03 GMT
#11240
Has anyone tried Treasure Cruise in Legacy?
Prev 1 560 561 562 563 564 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O80
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason109
Railgan 62
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16091
Dewaltoss 143
Hyuk 116
firebathero 103
ZZZero.O 80
Mini 22
Terrorterran 18
Dota 2
febbydoto29
League of Legends
Doublelift2857
Counter-Strike
Fnx 931
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5751
crisheroes1020
Other Games
summit1g5779
FrodaN2685
fl0m923
Beastyqt848
mouzStarbuck416
KnowMe336
ArmadaUGS128
ToD110
Mew2King55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1210
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 105
• Adnapsc2 27
• Letter143
• musti20045 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• 80smullet 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 11408
Other Games
• imaqtpie871
• Shiphtur233
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 19m
INu's Battles
15h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.