• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8188 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 312

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 310 311 312 313 314 665 Next
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 22 2013 04:54 GMT
#6221
On February 22 2013 12:58 JingleHell wrote:Duty-Bound Dead, for one. Cheap one drop, can't block, unblockable.


Tormented Soul.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 22 2013 05:08 GMT
#6222
On February 22 2013 13:54 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 12:58 JingleHell wrote:Duty-Bound Dead, for one. Cheap one drop, can't block, unblockable.


Tormented Soul.


Right. Got it confused with one of the exalted triggers I ran with it.
Trotske
Profile Joined August 2010
410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 13:53:24
February 22 2013 13:45 GMT
#6223
On February 22 2013 12:58 JingleHell wrote:
Hey Trotske, just a thought, if you were wanting to play Dimir and take big advantage of ciphering nuisance cards, there's actually some excellent options for slipping them through quickly, now that I've thought about it a bit more.

(In light of the knowledge bomb Judicator dropped, I'm taking a step back in my thought processes, and discounting less cards)

Duty-Bound Dead, for one. Cheap one drop, can't block, unblockable. Great for slipping a Paranoid Delusions onto. Also good would be Cloudfin Raptor, Flying + Evolve 1drop, evasion, gets bigger over time, makes him a decent target for both Cipher and spot removal.

In particular, I'd look to have ways to keep them from swinging for a lot early, since your best strategy going cheap with that concept would be to mill to turn 5 with Paranoid Delusions, preferably ciphered onto as many evasives as you can, and drop Consuming aberration. Vampire Nighthawk is a solid 3 drop for that, it's an absurd card anyway, and lifegain is good when you're slow.

Also, weird as it may sound, ciphering onto an activated keyrune could stop a lot of sorcery speed removal, also being evasive, but it's hard on your mana. Or, if you wanted to go faster, a playset of Duskmantle Guild Mage, so that you could, theoretically, cipher paranoid on turns 2-3, and activate turn 4 to do 6 damage, followed by dropping the Aberration turn 5 to swing for whatever's left if they can't counter.

I'm sure there's a few holes in the line, and making it really nasty probably requires a bigger card base, but it could be entertaining. A splash of green would give you some other cute options down the road, like Rancor, which is never bad when you want to deal damage to players.

Oh. And Death's Approach would be amazing Sorcery speed spot removal with a mill deck.


Hey thanks I'm actually going for some red green stuff now but Thanks. my local store does some Thursday night events sometimes and Last night I went and traded a bit.

Here is my current deck
+ Show Spoiler +
Lands
--------
Stomping Group x 3
Gruul guildgate x 1
Mountain x 8
Forest x 10
--------
Creatures
--------
Experiment one x 4
Slaughterhorn x 2
Ghor-clan Rampager x 4
Borborygmos Enraged x 1
Zhur-taa Swine x 2
Disciple of the Old Ways x 2
Rubblebelt raiders x 1
Burning tree emissary x 2
Strangleroot geist x 1
gyre sage x 1
skarrg guildmage x 2
--------
Instants / sorceries
--------
Signal the clans x 2
Frenzied tilling x 1
Mugging x 2
Forced adaptation x 2
Alpha authority x 1
Verdant haven x 1
Searing spear x 4
Rancor x 3
--------
Sideboard
--------
Serene Remembrance x 1
Pit fight x 2
Gruul Charm x 2
Hellraiser goblin x 2
Ground assault x 3
Naturalize x 2
Triumph of ferocity x 2
Scullcrack x 1


Would love to know what you guys think / any thing that you guys know won't work well together that I threw in.

There is a FNM draft tonight I might go to but I am defiantly going to Game day and Thought I might try this deck out. Anything that I should look for to trade would be a great help I really don't know all the cards.

Also what kind of deck would this be called? midrange?

Also A store I went to gave me Deadbridge goliath last week when They didn't have enough people to draft is it worth putting in ? Really not sure about this card.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 22 2013 14:04 GMT
#6224
Dreadbridge is fine. Also, you have too many sorceries/instants/enchantments in that deck.
Get it by your hands...
Trotske
Profile Joined August 2010
410 Posts
February 22 2013 14:22 GMT
#6225
On February 22 2013 23:04 Judicator wrote:
Dreadbridge is fine. Also, you have too many sorceries/instants/enchantments in that deck.


Any suggestions what to pull? but more so Why I should pull them? Thanks for any help :D!
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
February 22 2013 15:01 GMT
#6226
So I'm planning to run this Boros list tomorrow at the game day, but I'm looking for some advice still. I feel like the Daring Skyjek are probably the weakest card in the deck and I'm considering to replace them. The options I have available are: Doomed Travelers, Gather the Townsfolks, Firefist Stikers, Guildmages, Truefire Paladins or Pillar of Flames. Thoughts/opinions?
+ Show Spoiler [The Deck] +

//22 lands:
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Clifftop Retreat
2 Slayer's Stronghold
4 Mountain
8 Plains

//30 Creatures:
4 Boros Elite
4 Champions of the Parish
2 Legion Loyalist
4 Wojek Halbardiers
4 Lightning Maulers
3 Daring Skyjek
1 Ash Zealot
1 Thalia
3 Silverblade Paladin
4 Boros Reckoner

//8 Spells
4 Boros Charm
4 Searing Spear

Go big, or go home!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 22 2013 15:06 GMT
#6227
Creature Enchantments or Enchant Aura - Creatures are typically bad because they are negative card economy if the creature dies, which is to say fairly often. Any card that kills a creature with an enchantment on it nets one more card.

So say you have a creature with a Forced Adaptation on it, and your opponent kills the creature, you not only lose a creature, but you lose the enchantment as well. Therefore, the opponent spent 1 card to kill 2 cards, bad card economy for you; the term is called a 2 for 1.

Rancor is an exception since it returns to your hand after it goes to the graveyard, and the effect is really powerful as is.

Frenzied Tilling is too slow in the 5 slot.
Verdant Haven is kind of meh, its okay but not the best.
I would take everything out of that section except the Rancors and Spears. Add in Pit Fight, Pillar of Flame, Far Seek, and some other cards.
Get it by your hands...
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 15:08:26
February 22 2013 15:07 GMT
#6228
On February 23 2013 00:01 Tarias wrote:
So I'm planning to run this Boros list tomorrow at the game day, but I'm looking for some advice still. I feel like the Daring Skyjek are probably the weakest card in the deck and I'm considering to replace them. The options I have available are: Doomed Travelers, Gather the Townsfolks, Firefist Stikers, Guildmages, Truefire Paladins or Pillar of Flames. Thoughts/opinions?
+ Show Spoiler [The Deck] +

//22 lands:
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Clifftop Retreat
2 Slayer's Stronghold
4 Mountain
8 Plains

//30 Creatures:
4 Boros Elite
4 Champions of the Parish
2 Legion Loyalist
4 Wojek Halbardiers
4 Lightning Maulers
3 Daring Skyjek
1 Ash Zealot
1 Thalia
3 Silverblade Paladin
4 Boros Reckoner

//8 Spells
4 Boros Charm
4 Searing Spear



Doomed Travelers are best. Legion Loyalist is a sideboard card. Gather the Townsfolk not that great. You will need to play a Boros Guildgate.

Edit:

FFS double posted again instead of appending to the previous post.
Get it by your hands...
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 22 2013 15:09 GMT
#6229
On February 22 2013 23:22 Trotske wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:04 Judicator wrote:
Dreadbridge is fine. Also, you have too many sorceries/instants/enchantments in that deck.


Any suggestions what to pull? but more so Why I should pull them? Thanks for any help :D!


Frenzied tilling is kind of meh.

Ironically, I'm now slightly excited about the possibility of the other idea, and contemplating building a deck around Paranoid Delusions, evasive creatures, and Duskmantle Guildmage to turn mill into life loss.

It's a slightly slower concept than raw aggro, so it probably needs some counterspells and spot removal, but Death's Approach can work as sorc speed with the milling.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
February 22 2013 15:24 GMT
#6230
On February 23 2013 00:07 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 00:01 Tarias wrote:
So I'm planning to run this Boros list tomorrow at the game day, but I'm looking for some advice still. I feel like the Daring Skyjek are probably the weakest card in the deck and I'm considering to replace them. The options I have available are: Doomed Travelers, Gather the Townsfolks, Firefist Stikers, Guildmages, Truefire Paladins or Pillar of Flames. Thoughts/opinions?
+ Show Spoiler [The Deck] +

//22 lands:
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Clifftop Retreat
2 Slayer's Stronghold
4 Mountain
8 Plains

//30 Creatures:
4 Boros Elite
4 Champions of the Parish
2 Legion Loyalist
4 Wojek Halbardiers
4 Lightning Maulers
3 Daring Skyjek
1 Ash Zealot
1 Thalia
3 Silverblade Paladin
4 Boros Reckoner

//8 Spells
4 Boros Charm
4 Searing Spear



Doomed Travelers are best. Legion Loyalist is a sideboard card. Gather the Townsfolk not that great. You will need to play a Boros Guildgate.

Edit:

FFS double posted again instead of appending to the previous post.


So something like
-3 Skyjek
-2 Loyalist to sideboard
+4 Doomed Travelers
+1 plains or guildgate

would be good right?
Go big, or go home!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 22 2013 15:43 GMT
#6231
Drop a mountain for a Guildgate imo.

Need some kind of burn spell like 2 Brimstones would be alright.

22 lands is where you want to be for that deck.
Get it by your hands...
Trotske
Profile Joined August 2010
410 Posts
February 22 2013 16:31 GMT
#6232
On February 23 2013 00:09 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2013 23:22 Trotske wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:04 Judicator wrote:
Dreadbridge is fine. Also, you have too many sorceries/instants/enchantments in that deck.


Any suggestions what to pull? but more so Why I should pull them? Thanks for any help :D!


Frenzied tilling is kind of meh.

Ironically, I'm now slightly excited about the possibility of the other idea, and contemplating building a deck around Paranoid Delusions, evasive creatures, and Duskmantle Guildmage to turn mill into life loss.

It's a slightly slower concept than raw aggro, so it probably needs some counterspells and spot removal, but Death's Approach can work as sorc speed with the milling.



Found this deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dimir-aggro-mill-gatecrash/

Seemed like a cool idea. kinda not cheap unless you have some of these cards though
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 17:33:12
February 22 2013 17:19 GMT
#6233
On February 23 2013 01:31 Trotske wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 00:09 JingleHell wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:22 Trotske wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:04 Judicator wrote:
Dreadbridge is fine. Also, you have too many sorceries/instants/enchantments in that deck.


Any suggestions what to pull? but more so Why I should pull them? Thanks for any help :D!


Frenzied tilling is kind of meh.

Ironically, I'm now slightly excited about the possibility of the other idea, and contemplating building a deck around Paranoid Delusions, evasive creatures, and Duskmantle Guildmage to turn mill into life loss.

It's a slightly slower concept than raw aggro, so it probably needs some counterspells and spot removal, but Death's Approach can work as sorc speed with the milling.



Found this deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dimir-aggro-mill-gatecrash/

Seemed like a cool idea. kinda not cheap unless you have some of these cards though


Yeah, that's pretty awesome.

In that theme, how does this list sound?

3 Tormented Soul
3 Cloudfin Raptor
4 Duskmantle Guildmage
2 Basilica Screecher
4 Paranoid Delusions
4 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Sage's Row Denizen
4 Psychic Strike
2 Dispel
3 Grisly Spectacle
3 Consuming Aberration
3 Spell Rupture

//Sideboard
SB: 3 Death's Approach
SB: 2 Crosstown Courier
SB: 2 Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
SB: 2 Devour Flesh
SB: 2 Tragic Slip

Yes, the SB isn't full yet, I'll figure something out for the rest of it. Obviously there'd be lands in there too. Various evasive creatures, including some lifelink and extort options just to go that much better with the notion of being slightly passive aggressive about just watching your opponent die.

Consuming Aberration is in there to respond to the inevitable board wipe. (Assuming you use some sort of counter to force them to snap it for the first successful trigger.) Drop a giant wincon of doom on their face.

And, specifically, does the novelty factor seem like it would make it more potentially effective than a bad Gruul list? Too bad that Mindcrank card isn't Standard legal, it'd be death loop with Duskmantle Guildmage.

And, just as a different thought for everyone's inner Johnny: Xathrid Gorgon + Hellkite Tyrant. Rakdos artifacts.
Trotske
Profile Joined August 2010
410 Posts
February 22 2013 17:35 GMT
#6234
On February 23 2013 02:19 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 01:31 Trotske wrote:
On February 23 2013 00:09 JingleHell wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:22 Trotske wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:04 Judicator wrote:
Dreadbridge is fine. Also, you have too many sorceries/instants/enchantments in that deck.


Any suggestions what to pull? but more so Why I should pull them? Thanks for any help :D!


Frenzied tilling is kind of meh.

Ironically, I'm now slightly excited about the possibility of the other idea, and contemplating building a deck around Paranoid Delusions, evasive creatures, and Duskmantle Guildmage to turn mill into life loss.

It's a slightly slower concept than raw aggro, so it probably needs some counterspells and spot removal, but Death's Approach can work as sorc speed with the milling.



Found this deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dimir-aggro-mill-gatecrash/

Seemed like a cool idea. kinda not cheap unless you have some of these cards though


Yeah, that's pretty awesome.

In that theme, how does this list sound?

3 Tormented Soul
3 Cloudfin Raptor
4 Duskmantle Guildmage
2 Basilica Screecher
4 Paranoid Delusions
4 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Sage's Row Denizen
4 Psychic Strike
2 Dispel
3 Grisly Spectacle
3 Consuming Aberration
3 Spell Rupture

//Sideboard
SB: 3 Death's Approach
SB: 2 Crosstown Courier
SB: 2 Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
SB: 2 Devour Flesh
SB: 2 Tragic Slip

Yes, the SB isn't full yet, I'll figure something out for the rest of it. Obviously there'd be lands in there too. Various evasive creatures, including some lifelink and extort options just to go that much better with the notion of being slightly passive aggressive about just watching your opponent die.

Consuming Aberration is in there to respond to the inevitable board wipe. (Assuming you use some sort of counter to force them to snap it for the first successful trigger.) Drop a giant wincon of doom on their face.

And, specifically, does the novelty factor seem like it would make it more potentially effective than a bad Gruul list? Too bad that Mindcrank card isn't Standard legal, it'd be death loop with Duskmantle Guildmage.


Arent you trying to do too many things with that list? I mean if you are going to mill for damage you don't really have a ton of mill type stuff.

I would use balustrade spy over the schrechers for sure.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 22 2013 17:36 GMT
#6235
A few comments:

1) run all 4 tormented souls.
2) Spell rupture is probably unplayable in that deck. At most you will be asking them to pay... 2 extra mana? and usually only 1.
3) Sage's Row Denizen won't trigger all that often in your deck. I'm not sure I like it here.

Otherwise, look for a Nephalia's Drownyard or 2 to add to your list when making the manabase. Be aware that Pyschic Spiral is a card. Note that Crosstown Courier, while decent in your deck, is NOT a sideboard card. It isn't a large enough effect when it is good, basically. I'd put some in the main, and take them out when bad. Also note that when milling your opponents, it is generally advisable to run some kind of Graveyard hate in your sideboard just in case you run into decks that abuse their own graveyard (snapcaster mage is so good vs this deck).

I still think the concept of "aggro-mill" is awful but I'm trying to help make the deck better inside the chosen constraints
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 22 2013 17:40 GMT
#6236
On February 23 2013 02:35 Trotske wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 02:19 JingleHell wrote:
On February 23 2013 01:31 Trotske wrote:
On February 23 2013 00:09 JingleHell wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:22 Trotske wrote:
On February 22 2013 23:04 Judicator wrote:
Dreadbridge is fine. Also, you have too many sorceries/instants/enchantments in that deck.


Any suggestions what to pull? but more so Why I should pull them? Thanks for any help :D!


Frenzied tilling is kind of meh.

Ironically, I'm now slightly excited about the possibility of the other idea, and contemplating building a deck around Paranoid Delusions, evasive creatures, and Duskmantle Guildmage to turn mill into life loss.

It's a slightly slower concept than raw aggro, so it probably needs some counterspells and spot removal, but Death's Approach can work as sorc speed with the milling.



Found this deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dimir-aggro-mill-gatecrash/

Seemed like a cool idea. kinda not cheap unless you have some of these cards though


Yeah, that's pretty awesome.

In that theme, how does this list sound?

3 Tormented Soul
3 Cloudfin Raptor
4 Duskmantle Guildmage
2 Basilica Screecher
4 Paranoid Delusions
4 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Sage's Row Denizen
4 Psychic Strike
2 Dispel
3 Grisly Spectacle
3 Consuming Aberration
3 Spell Rupture

//Sideboard
SB: 3 Death's Approach
SB: 2 Crosstown Courier
SB: 2 Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
SB: 2 Devour Flesh
SB: 2 Tragic Slip

Yes, the SB isn't full yet, I'll figure something out for the rest of it. Obviously there'd be lands in there too. Various evasive creatures, including some lifelink and extort options just to go that much better with the notion of being slightly passive aggressive about just watching your opponent die.

Consuming Aberration is in there to respond to the inevitable board wipe. (Assuming you use some sort of counter to force them to snap it for the first successful trigger.) Drop a giant wincon of doom on their face.

And, specifically, does the novelty factor seem like it would make it more potentially effective than a bad Gruul list? Too bad that Mindcrank card isn't Standard legal, it'd be death loop with Duskmantle Guildmage.


Arent you trying to do too many things with that list? I mean if you are going to mill for damage you don't really have a ton of mill type stuff.

I would use balustrade spy over the schrechers for sure.


Not trying to do too many things really, it's more a bait and switch, or a response to expected responses. There's no way a purely aggro Dimir deck will do what I want it to do, so I add the Milling for value. The Extort/Lifelink triggers just give me some good ways to add to that sort of hassle.

Since the first phase is hassling them with mill triggers on evasive creatures, a Bonfire, Verdict, or Terminus is an obvious answer, once they realize that's what's happening. They wouldn't want to waste those until they realize that it's going to kill them to hold their wipes, not on little creatures.

When that happens, I have a response planned, which is usually a good thing.

Counters and spot removal are by necessity, since a hard aggro deck would just kill me before I put the clock on them.

It's only doing specific things, there's just a lot of pieces that need to be in motion to do those things. Kinda like a clock. All those springs and gears aren't doing different things, they're just contributing to the desired goal in different ways.

Or at least, that's the hope.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 17:49:33
February 22 2013 17:42 GMT
#6237
God dammit thought I hit edit. Sorry for double post.

On February 23 2013 02:36 Sn0_Man wrote:
A few comments:

1) run all 4 tormented souls.
2) Spell rupture is probably unplayable in that deck. At most you will be asking them to pay... 2 extra mana? and usually only 1.
3) Sage's Row Denizen won't trigger all that often in your deck. I'm not sure I like it here.

Otherwise, look for a Nephalia's Drownyard or 2 to add to your list when making the manabase. Be aware that Pyschic Spiral is a card. Note that Crosstown Courier, while decent in your deck, is NOT a sideboard card. It isn't a large enough effect when it is good, basically. I'd put some in the main, and take them out when bad. Also note that when milling your opponents, it is generally advisable to run some kind of Graveyard hate in your sideboard just in case you run into decks that abuse their own graveyard (snapcaster mage is so good vs this deck).

I still think the concept of "aggro-mill" is awful but I'm trying to help make the deck better inside the chosen constraints


I'm paranoid about the Denizens too, for the exact same reason. Can you suggest a different blue 3 drop that fits what I'm trying to do? I mean, I guess Deathcult Rogues fit, and work better for mana, but still. Eh, probably better.

Spell rupture, likewise paranoid, but I need something to disrupt "just got 5 mana, here comes Thragtusk".

And please, play Psychic Spiral. Tap 3 for Duskmantle in response. GG.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 22 2013 18:01 GMT
#6238
Search gatherer for blue 3-drops

Syncopate is likely better than spell rupture but it is still awkward.

On February 23 2013 02:42 JingleHell wrote:
And please, play Psychic Spiral. Tap 3 for Duskmantle in response. GG.


Thats... Not how it works?
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 18:34:01
February 22 2013 18:09 GMT
#6239
On February 23 2013 03:01 Sn0_Man wrote:
Search gatherer for blue 3-drops

Syncopate is likely better than spell rupture but it is still awkward.

Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 02:42 JingleHell wrote:
And please, play Psychic Spiral. Tap 3 for Duskmantle in response. GG.


Thats... Not how it works?


Oh, wait, missed the "Target Player". Right.

Well, Psychic Spiral would be a problem for me, guess that's another reason to have various counter spells on hand. Syncopate would be cute for that one, to be sure. Only got one of it, might pick up spares and stick them in, stick the ruptures into SB for decks I need more control against. At least, until and unless I put together a better SB.

By the way, does Tragic Slip seem awkward in this deck to you, too? It seems vaguely inconvenient, unless I chump first.

How does Selhoff Occultist sound? Could probably pick some of those up cheap.
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
February 22 2013 18:36 GMT
#6240
On February 23 2013 03:09 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 03:01 Sn0_Man wrote:
Search gatherer for blue 3-drops

Syncopate is likely better than spell rupture but it is still awkward.

On February 23 2013 02:42 JingleHell wrote:
And please, play Psychic Spiral. Tap 3 for Duskmantle in response. GG.


Thats... Not how it works?


Oh, wait, missed the "Target Player". Right.

Well, Psychic Spiral would be a problem for me, guess that's another reason to have various counter spells on hand. Syncopate would be cute for that one, to be sure. Only got one of it, might pick up spares and stick them in, stick the ruptures into SB for decks I need more control against. At least, until and unless I put together a better SB.

By the way, does Tragic Slip seem awkward in this deck to you, too? It seems vaguely inconvenient, unless I chump first.


Also, even if it did work that way, why would a deck designed to control the game not be able to deal with a 2/2 and then cast a spell suicidally? If you are getting psychic spiraled, chances are your opponent has plenty of land in play, multiple answers in hand and that the game has actually been over for several turns. Your best option is not to get to that point in the first place.

I think you were making good progress on the GR agro list and really starting to evaluate cards and matchups better. I would recommend sticking with that for a bit.
Prev 1 310 311 312 313 314 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 33m
Stellar Fest
11h 33m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.