• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:15
CEST 02:15
KST 09:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9501 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 314

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 665 Next
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
February 23 2013 07:52 GMT
#6261
Looking to get into Pauper on MTGO with a little green stompy, need the following cards.

Creatures
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Quirion Ranger
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
4 Young Wolf
3 Shinen of Life's Roar
3 Silhana Ledgewalker
3 Wild Mongrel
4 Scattershot Archer


Spells
3 Gather Courage
4 Groundswell
3 Hunger of the Howlpack
4 Rancor
4 Vines of Vastwood
2 Serene Heart
3 Gleeful Sabotage
4 Hornet Sting
2 Viridian Longbow
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
February 23 2013 08:49 GMT
#6262
On February 23 2013 15:43 Risen wrote:
Top 8 split. Finished undefeated. Ezez

Edit:

Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 09:16 Salivanth wrote:
Planar Cleansing over Terminus is a very interesting idea, and I mean "interesting" in the kindest possible way. I'd try it myself, but since I run Detention Spheres and seven planeswalkers in my Esper, it probably wouldn't be very smart of me


Detention sphere hits garruk or his tokens. Planar cleansing hits both. Both land on T6 after a T5 garruk.


I'm not saying Planar Cleansing is bad in my deck because I can handle anything with Detention Spheres, I'm saying Planar Cleansing is bad in my deck because in order to play it, I'm forced to destroy my own Detention Spheres and planeswalkers.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 16:51:15
February 23 2013 16:48 GMT
#6263
Ohhhh, yeah Jace is there to eat the hits in my deck. XD Poor guy :<

Think for gameday today I'm moving the planar cleansings to the side and bringing in two terminus.

A card I was really, really, really disappointed in was restoration angel. It just didn't seem to be what I wanted it to be... ever. It was just ok. Leaving them in, though. Can't really hold one nights' performance against them.

Edit: Or I could just go to 1 resto angel and have 2 terminus in the main. I think I like that.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 17:13:50
February 23 2013 17:11 GMT
#6264
Meh fuck game day, I just went 0-3 to drawing 10 non-mana producing spells (5 of them in a ~22 turn game) over the course of 6 games lost. Won 1 game where my deck showed up, but meh.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 23 2013 17:15 GMT
#6265
I have liked the 1 of Resto Angel in my deck. Very much so.
Get it by your hands...
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
February 23 2013 17:21 GMT
#6266
On February 24 2013 02:11 deth2munkies wrote:
Meh fuck game day, I just went 0-3 to drawing 10 non-mana producing spells (5 of them in a ~22 turn game) over the course of 6 games lost. Won 1 game where my deck showed up, but meh.


My game day was quite similar Fortunately I won the draft my group decided to do after quickly getting the constructed bit over with. Managed to trade some good cards for my constructed deck as well, all in all I had a fun day
Go big, or go home!
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 17:25:57
February 23 2013 17:25 GMT
#6267
On February 24 2013 02:11 deth2munkies wrote:
Meh fuck game day, I just went 0-3 to drawing 10 non-mana producing spells (5 of them in a ~22 turn game) over the course of 6 games lost. Won 1 game where my deck showed up, but meh.


You're kidding, right? Game day at my shop won't be happening for hours. Of course, they run a very sensible set of hours for the clientele, noon till sometime after midnight-ish, with no real rush on chasing people out the door.

In other news, went 2-1 drafting Dimir last night, courtesy of the tiebreakers, hit 4th in the pod for one pack. Best finish yet.

Probably would have done better, but my first round was against a guy who drafted 5 madcap skills, a holy mantle, and assorted cheap boros drops. In a draft, I didn't make it past turn 5 either game.

The other two matches, Lord of the Void and Undercity Plague served me fairly well after some stalling and milling with Basilica Screechers and Paranoid Delusions. Match 2 game 2, I manascrewed my opponent and ground him down with the Plague, and Match 3 Game 2, I managed to swing 2 times against Orzhov with Lord of the Void, stealing 2 decent defenders to stall, cutting him down to just a couple of Extorts a turn, hit 1 life, extorted him back with one of his own when I countered a spell to keep him from finishing it with the triggers at the end of my turn, and he drew a land, so even with 16 life on the counter, I finished with by milling him out with 7 in the air.

I also got a reckoner, loyalist, and rubblebelt raiders between a pack I bought, the pack I won, and the draft itself.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 23 2013 17:31 GMT
#6268
On February 24 2013 02:15 Judicator wrote:
I have liked the 1 of Resto Angel in my deck. Very much so.


Do you put two more in the side? Or do you have something else there? I don't remember your list >.<
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 23 2013 17:32 GMT
#6269
I put 1 main, 2 board. The Angel is very good early for blocking, late game for Snapcaster/Augur interactions. Still prefer 1.
Get it by your hands...
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 17:40:36
February 23 2013 17:36 GMT
#6270
On February 24 2013 02:32 Judicator wrote:
I put 1 main, 2 board. The Angel is very good early for blocking, late game for Snapcaster/Augur interactions. Still prefer 1.


What do you bring them in against? I'm doing it because I felt like they'd be better in the side against an agro heavy field since I was siding them out almost every agro matchup I had :S

Edit: Also last night I just conceded the reanimator matchup and dropped the rest in peace for a Tamiyo.

+ Show Spoiler +

MB
CREATURES
4 Augur of Bolas
3 Restoration Angel
2 Snapcaster Mage
INSTANTS
4 Azorius Charm
1 Cyclonic Rift
2 Devour Flesh
2 Dissipate
3 Sphinx's Revelation
3 Think Twice
1 Ultimate Price
SORCERIES
2 Planar Cleansing
4 Supreme Verdict
PLANESWALKERS
2 Jace, Architect of Thought
LANDS
4 Drowned Catacomb
1 Ghost Quarter
4 Glacial Fortress
2 Godless Shrine
4 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
4 Isolated Chapel
3 Nephalia Drownyard
1 Plains
2 Watery Grave

and

SB
2 Witchbane Orb
2 Angel of Serenity
1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 Dispel
2 Negate
1 Psychic Spiral
2 Jace, Memory Adept
4 Terminus


I have two slots open since the terminus are main now. Fighting for the spots are 2 resto angels and 1 Tamiyo, or anything else you feel like my sideboard needs.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
February 23 2013 17:40 GMT
#6271
On February 24 2013 02:36 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2013 02:32 Judicator wrote:
I put 1 main, 2 board. The Angel is very good early for blocking, late game for Snapcaster/Augur interactions. Still prefer 1.


What do you bring them in against? I'm doing it because I felt like they'd be better in the side against an agro heavy field since I was siding them out almost every agro matchup I had :S


In my experience (playing a boros aggro list with a bunch of reckoners) the restoration angel is one of the few cards that deals with the reckoners without it being a 2 for 1. It also blocks pretty much every other creature in my deck (hellriders, conscripts, thalia, ash zealot etc.). Obviously my local metagame is quite different from yours, probably a lot smaller and with less card value going around, but it seems good to me.
Go big, or go home!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 17:45:54
February 23 2013 17:41 GMT
#6272
I board them in against Aggro and midrange, aggro for blockers because its better than dissipates and think twices, midrange because it has so much versatility for the situation, angel threatens their Garruk lines albeit not as effective as Cleansing but still good, plays around Fury and Reckoners and rebuys spells off of Snaps and Augurs.

Dunno what you are siding in for aggro then.

Edit:

Your list just looks off altogether, weird numbers for certain cards.

I am running:

Still some cards I don't like and want to change, but its roughly where I want to be.
It's also what I am taking to Gameday.

+ Show Spoiler +


// Lands
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
4 [M13] Glacial Fortress
4 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
1 [RTR] Island (1)
1 [AVR] Swamp (3)
1 [M13] Plains (4)
3 [GTC] Watery Grave
3 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
1 [GTC] Godless Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [M13] Augur of Bolas
1 [AVR] Restoration Angel

// Spells
3 [RTR] Sphinx's Revelation
1 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
4 [RTR] Supreme Verdict
3 [ISD] Dissipate
1 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
1 [GTC] Devour Flesh
2 [GTC] Dimir Charm
2 [DKA] Tragic Slip
2 [RTR] Ultimate Price
2 [ISD] Forbidden Alchemy
1 [AVR] Terminus
2 [RTR] Azorius Charm
1 [RTR] Detention Sphere
3 [ISD] Think Twice

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
SB: 1 [AVR] Restoration Angel
SB: 1 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
SB: 1 [GTC] Devour Flesh
SB: 2 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [GTC] Obzedat, Ghost Council
SB: 1 [RTR] Dispel
SB: 2 [M13] Negate
SB: 1 [DKA] Curse of Echoes
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
SB: 2 [RTR] Rest in Peace
SB: 1 [ISD] Witchbane Orb
Get it by your hands...
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 17:47:17
February 23 2013 17:46 GMT
#6273
Was literally just going +4 Terminus -2 dissipate, -2 angel. You're saying now that I will be going +2 Terminus main I should have the 2 restos in the side and go -2 Dissipate, -2 Think Twice, +2 resto angel, +2 Terminus for that matchup? I can dig that.

Edit: And I'm trying to tailor my list to be heavily anti-agro MB b/c that's literally 80% of my meta.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
February 23 2013 17:47 GMT
#6274
anyone have a cockatrice and willing to play?
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 17:56:52
February 23 2013 17:56 GMT
#6275
I board out:

1x 5-Jace
2x Think Twice
3x Dissipates

For:

2 Angels
2 Terminus
1 Ghost Council
1 Dispel

Usually though, another Devour Flesh gets added and Tamiyo comes out.

Edit:

For my list. I don't know how yours play since you are removal light. I am more UB shell and yours seems more UW shell.
Get it by your hands...
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 19:12:11
February 23 2013 18:41 GMT
#6276
I think you're right about me being a U/W shell with black splash for neph/light removal. I usually stall the board with augurs which is why I feel comfortable being a little removal light. I don't think I'll ever be able to run less than 4 of these guys. They clog up the board or eat removal, and then even when they whiff they're still digging me to the action that I need.

Edit: The deck I'm taking to gameday.

+ Show Spoiler +

MB
CREATURES
4 Augur of Bolas
1 Restoration Angel
2 Snapcaster Mage
INSTANTS
3 Azorius Charm
1 Cyclonic Rift
2 Devour Flesh
2 Dimir Charm
1 Dissipate
3 Sphinx's Revelation
3 Think Twice
1 Ultimate Price
SORCERIES
2 Planar Cleansing
4 Supreme Verdict
2 Terminus
PLANESWALKERS
2 Jace, Architect of Thought
LANDS
4 Drowned Catacomb
1 Ghost Quarter
4 Glacial Fortress
2 Godless Shrine
4 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
4 Isolated Chapel
3 Nephalia Drownyard
1 Plains
2 Watery Grave

and

SB
2 Angel of Serenity
1 Dispel
2 Jace, Memory Adept
2 Negate
1 Psychic Spiral
2 Restoration Angel
1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
2 Terminus
2 Witchbane Orb

Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
February 23 2013 19:27 GMT
#6277
Streams for GP Quebec and Charlotte on twitch, Quebec one has quite amazing video quality.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 24 2013 05:30 GMT
#6278
Ugh... variance got me once I hit the top 4 :/ 0-2 to some R/W nonsense. Just got overrun through augur > azo charm > resto angel > supreme > terminus game 1. Don't quite know how he got there but I proceeded to draw nothing. Game 2 was more of the same augur > blah blah stabilize on 9 life sphinx's rev on his end step > boros charm (extorted off a blind obedience) > boros charm. Sigh...
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
February 24 2013 07:11 GMT
#6279
My Br Zombies decided to stop being such a temperamental bitch for the night and ended up sweeping without dropping a single game, even won a mull to 4 in the top 8.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 24 2013 07:19 GMT
#6280
On February 24 2013 14:30 Risen wrote:
Ugh... variance got me once I hit the top 4 :/ 0-2 to some R/W nonsense. Just got overrun through augur > azo charm > resto angel > supreme > terminus game 1. Don't quite know how he got there but I proceeded to draw nothing. Game 2 was more of the same augur > blah blah stabilize on 9 life sphinx's rev on his end step > boros charm (extorted off a blind obedience) > boros charm. Sigh...

No kidding, I had a game where I had 5 turns to draw to a 6 outer starting on turn 11, didn't get there.
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft276
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft276
ViBE145
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1825
Artosis 620
Shuttle 544
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever701
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5649
Other Games
summit1g7867
shahzam597
JimRising 545
C9.Mang0208
Maynarde125
ArmadaUGS72
Trikslyr48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen130
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 45m
Stellar Fest
12h 45m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.