• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:35
CEST 21:35
KST 04:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8750 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 139

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 665 Next
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 27 2012 17:54 GMT
#2761
After testing, I've come to the conclusion that a turbofog/rites deck doesn't work because it requires more, better ways to draw cards that don't exist in the format yet...ahh well, here's hoping AVR gives us a Font of Mythos or something...
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 21:28:50
February 27 2012 21:06 GMT
#2762
.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
February 27 2012 23:18 GMT
#2763
Melira Pod or BW Hate Bears. What do I play in modern.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 27 2012 23:24 GMT
#2764
On February 28 2012 08:18 Cixah wrote:
Melira Pod or BW Hate Bears. What do I play in modern.



Pod if you want to win, Hate Bears if you want your opponents to be pissed off.

As the guy who just admitted to testing a turbofog deck, guess which camp I fall in?
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
February 28 2012 05:33 GMT
#2765
Melira Pod is also pretty cheap! Some of the pricey cards are Noble Hierarch, Chord of Calling and Kitchen Finks. The other pieces are like 2-4 dollar cards, except lands, of course.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
February 29 2012 01:56 GMT
#2766
Melira Pod is also very reliant on you memorizing your deck list. You HAVE to know every card in your 60 at all times. Especially post board so you dont try and fetch something that isnt there anymore. Beyond that it's extremely easy to play and get the hang of. I have a few friends who play the deck and absolutely love it.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 05:50:03
February 29 2012 05:40 GMT
#2767
I was just asked this:
Say player A is at 2 life and player B is at 2 life. Player A attacks with an unblocked 4/4 creature, player B uses harms way to redirect 2 of that damage to player A, what is the outcome.
I said player B wins but I am not sure.
edit: so it looks like harms way does something in response to the creature dealing damage, so the harms way damage is dealt first?
I can already see the ending
insourcecertainty
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States142 Posts
February 29 2012 06:16 GMT
#2768
I just won a match in a swiss draft tournament. My first win ever!
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 29 2012 06:34 GMT
#2769
On February 29 2012 15:16 insourcecertainty wrote:
I just won a match in a swiss draft tournament. My first win ever!


Grats, hope you get a lot more
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
February 29 2012 08:06 GMT
#2770
On February 29 2012 14:40 DCLXVI wrote:
I was just asked this:
Say player A is at 2 life and player B is at 2 life. Player A attacks with an unblocked 4/4 creature, player B uses harms way to redirect 2 of that damage to player A, what is the outcome.
I said player B wins but I am not sure.
edit: so it looks like harms way does something in response to the creature dealing damage, so the harms way damage is dealt first?


The way i read the card is "The next two damage" but combat damage is dealt simultaneously so I think the judge would say the game would end in a draw as 2 damage would be dealt to each player at the same time.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
March 03 2012 19:45 GMT
#2771
I went to play mtg thursday at the university (No FNM in marquette ) and I managed to take a game off a tempered steel and would have won another if I had lived one more turn with my Black-Red "Aggro with the best cards you have in your collection because you just got back into to Magic and splash white for a Sorin of Innistad" and it was fun. They all love magic and have binders full of foils and do play 200-300$ decks.
I have about 70-80$ to spend on cards and I was going to play Burning Vengeance. Does anyone have a good decklist for it?
I know how to turn decks into poor man`s decks so don`t worry about having things like snapcaster in it.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 20:57:29
March 03 2012 20:54 GMT
#2772
On March 04 2012 04:45 Rainofpain wrote:
I went to play mtg thursday at the university (No FNM in marquette ) and I managed to take a game off a tempered steel and would have won another if I had lived one more turn with my Black-Red "Aggro with the best cards you have in your collection because you just got back into to Magic and splash white for a Sorin of Innistad" and it was fun. They all love magic and have binders full of foils and do play 200-300$ decks.
I have about 70-80$ to spend on cards and I was going to play Burning Vengeance. Does anyone have a good decklist for it?
I know how to turn decks into poor man`s decks so don`t worry about having things like snapcaster in it.



BoaB did an article on it a few weeks ago: http://wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/boab/182

It's a good starting position, but I think it's a bit low on flashback spells IMO...

I haven't played much paper since the DKA release since it absolutely killed my solar flare deck and I don't have the manabase to turn it into 5 color (and I only have 2 Elesh Norns which I traded for at $2.50). I tried making a turbofog deck, but you need to be drawing at least 2 cards a turn to make the deck work, so if you don't draw a rites or it gets killed, you just die.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 21:10:09
March 03 2012 21:09 GMT
#2773
Mono green aggro is looking pretty nice right now if you want to make a budget deck from that. Its not very creative though.
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
March 03 2012 21:38 GMT
#2774
I do not like aggro decks and I like drawing cards and casting spells. That`s why I want to play this. To win against aggro you pretty much have to survive until they run out of cards in their hand, and I feel naked with nothing in my hand.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
Antipathy
Profile Joined June 2008
United States222 Posts
March 03 2012 22:23 GMT
#2775
On February 29 2012 14:40 DCLXVI wrote:
I was just asked this:
Say player A is at 2 life and player B is at 2 life. Player A attacks with an unblocked 4/4 creature, player B uses harms way to redirect 2 of that damage to player A, what is the outcome.
I said player B wins but I am not sure.
edit: so it looks like harms way does something in response to the creature dealing damage, so the harms way damage is dealt first?


As I understand it, the game would be a draw.

The order of events:
1. Harm's Way resolves before combat damage.
2. A redirection "shield" of two damage is placed upon the resolution of Harm's Way.
3. Combat damage resolves, dealing two damage to each player at the same time.
4. State-based effects are checked and sees both players are at zero or less life.
5. Game ends in a draw.
"All give some, some give all"
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 04 2012 00:34 GMT
#2776
Depends if Harm's Way damage is triggered after damage is dealt or if it's dealt simultaneously as with the combat damage. I want to say its a draw simply because I don't think HW is triggered.

Good mono-Green decks aren't cheap. Swords, GSZ, Garruks, Thruns, etc.

If you want to be competitive on the cheap, play mono-Red, it's very well positioned right now and really not that expensive to make. It has access to burn spells and that is something most decks have issues with right now in the meta.

Alternatively, if you have some Gravecrawlers and Messengers, go play mono-Black with Smallpox, most decks can't consistently beat a turn 2 Smallpox (I know UB, mono-Green, Wolfrun and Delver can't).

Do NOT play Burning Vengeance, the lands aren't exactly cheap and it's a pretty shitty deck, Snapcasters aren't negotiable and it's just inconsistent as hell.

If you are trying to transform your Flare deck into something just pick UW or UB and go with it depending which dual lands you have more of. Both decks are fine, UW can board into Witchbane Orb if you are really that worried about the UB match up (it is pretty bad for UW otherwise). If you can't do that, play Esper with Sorin (he's gone down and will continue to do so as more people realize that WB tokens isn't a deck like I told you all) as the primary finisher. You're just pretty much trying to create a situation where you can resolve Sorin and just beat them. It's less consistent than Drownyard, but it's not that bad.
Get it by your hands...
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
March 04 2012 01:01 GMT
#2777
Ok, I`ll play esper spirits-control with Sorin. TY for advice guys.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
March 04 2012 04:51 GMT
#2778
I ended up playing "Affinity" even though there are no cards that actually say affinity on them. Deck performed sick, Burned someone for 18 in 1 turn, and then one shot poisoned him the next.

Got to my win and in, (x-1) and the guy won't draw because he got paired up. I keep opal, memnite x3, Overseer x2, Citadel and he has 2 paths opening hand. Game 2 he plays stony silence and Decree of Silence (the white one). gg, 9th and 16 packs.

One of these days I'll make top and just crush these kids.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
March 04 2012 19:03 GMT
#2779
I find this hard to believe but it seems like TCGplayer is out of spirit and vampire tokens. Either that or I`m too retarded to find them.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
March 04 2012 19:10 GMT
#2780
I hope no one sold their Huntmasters cheap. I think that card is going to hit $35 dollars.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 123
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.