• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:26
CEST 02:26
KST 09:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8510 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 137

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 665 Next
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
February 17 2012 06:11 GMT
#2721
Anyone here going to the PTQ in Columbus next weekend? I will be there hopefully running Caw-Blade because I feel it's one of the better decks. It was between that and Jund and I dont have access to the cards for Jund so that was a no.

I also have the option of running an Esper spirits Brew I've been toying with using Kira, Drogskol Captain, Spectral Procession, and Lingering souls. I originally had it in a delver shell but you don't need delver and you need access to all those counter spells like Spell Snare and mana leak.(I'm not a fan of remand).
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 17 2012 14:58 GMT
#2722
I was so excited in creating a Zombie deck until I saw Gravecrawler cost a shit ton of $
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 15:26:59
February 17 2012 15:26 GMT
#2723
On February 17 2012 23:58 Xiphos wrote:
I was so excited in creating a Zombie deck until I saw Gravecrawler cost a shit ton of $

Gravecrawler is only 8 dollars. In comparison to many of the other most played bombs in standard, that's pretty cheap.
(think the swords, snapcaster, huntmaster, primeval titan, etc).

Blue/Black zombie is almost a budget deck at this point, with few to no cards over 10 dollars a piece.
I think you can put together a fairly competitive zombie deck for around 50-60 dollars (guesstimate), which is pretty cheap.

For some perspective, my white/blue human deck has a 100 dollar sideboard. (3 swords, 2 snapcasters, geists, sun titans, etc)
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
rwrzr
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1980 Posts
February 17 2012 16:50 GMT
#2724
On February 18 2012 00:26 Durp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 23:58 Xiphos wrote:
I was so excited in creating a Zombie deck until I saw Gravecrawler cost a shit ton of $

Gravecrawler is only 8 dollars. In comparison to many of the other most played bombs in standard, that's pretty cheap.
(think the swords, snapcaster, huntmaster, primeval titan, etc).

Blue/Black zombie is almost a budget deck at this point, with few to no cards over 10 dollars a piece.
I think you can put together a fairly competitive zombie deck for around 50-60 dollars (guesstimate), which is pretty cheap.

For some perspective, my white/blue human deck has a 100 dollar sideboard. (3 swords, 2 snapcasters, geists, sun titans, etc)


relative cost doesn't make something cheap in absolute terms.

Also yeah white/blue human is silly expensive.
FADC
InToTheWannaB
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4770 Posts
February 17 2012 17:07 GMT
#2725
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.
When the spirit is not altogether slain, great loss teaches men and women to desire greatly, both for themselves and for others.
stk01001
Profile Joined September 2007
United States786 Posts
February 17 2012 17:41 GMT
#2726
On February 18 2012 02:07 InToTheWannaB wrote:
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.


umm the fact that the first and second place decks from PT Honolulu each ran 4 of the card might have something to do with the price tag.. lol..
a.k.a reLapSe ---
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 17 2012 17:46 GMT
#2727
On February 18 2012 02:07 InToTheWannaB wrote:
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.



Sell it now, it's on a bubble.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 17 2012 19:41 GMT
#2728
On February 18 2012 02:07 InToTheWannaB wrote:
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.


Sell it and get Gravecrawler because as far I can tell, Zombies have much more versatility.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
February 17 2012 19:57 GMT
#2729
On February 18 2012 04:41 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2012 02:07 InToTheWannaB wrote:
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.


Sell it and get Gravecrawler because as far I can tell, Zombies have much more versatility.


What? Gravecrawler only goes in zombie decks which don't look very good at the moment and huntermaster is pretty much a 4 of in any deck that has access to G and R. That said I don't know whether huntmaster will go up or down in price but it is an absolutely insane card.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 17 2012 20:41 GMT
#2730
On February 18 2012 04:57 DEN1ED wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2012 04:41 Xiphos wrote:
On February 18 2012 02:07 InToTheWannaB wrote:
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.


Sell it and get Gravecrawler because as far I can tell, Zombies have much more versatility.


What? Gravecrawler only goes in zombie decks which don't look very good at the moment and huntermaster is pretty much a 4 of in any deck that has access to G and R. That said I don't know whether huntmaster will go up or down in price but it is an absolutely insane card.


Well, you can actually build some crazy milling deck with Gravecrawler by going B/x since Gravecrawler can provide the static defense you need in the early game. Huntsmaster is a good card but only good for R/G aggro.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
February 17 2012 21:06 GMT
#2731
On February 18 2012 05:41 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2012 04:57 DEN1ED wrote:
On February 18 2012 04:41 Xiphos wrote:
On February 18 2012 02:07 InToTheWannaB wrote:
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.


Sell it and get Gravecrawler because as far I can tell, Zombies have much more versatility.


What? Gravecrawler only goes in zombie decks which don't look very good at the moment and huntermaster is pretty much a 4 of in any deck that has access to G and R. That said I don't know whether huntmaster will go up or down in price but it is an absolutely insane card.

Gravecrawler can provide the static defense you need in the early game. Huntsmaster is a good card but only good for R/G aggro.


He can't block. Huntmaster is good in R/G aggro, ramp, some birthing pod lists, and RUG.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 17 2012 21:17 GMT
#2732
On February 18 2012 06:06 DEN1ED wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2012 05:41 Xiphos wrote:
On February 18 2012 04:57 DEN1ED wrote:
On February 18 2012 04:41 Xiphos wrote:
On February 18 2012 02:07 InToTheWannaB wrote:
hey do you guys think i should sell that huntsmaster werewolf card? its like 33$ right now for god knows what reason. I never play red green werewolfs so im selling it no matter what, but i don't want to if the price may go higher. You guys don't think there anyway it gets higher right? That cards not even that great imo.


Sell it and get Gravecrawler because as far I can tell, Zombies have much more versatility.


What? Gravecrawler only goes in zombie decks which don't look very good at the moment and huntermaster is pretty much a 4 of in any deck that has access to G and R. That said I don't know whether huntmaster will go up or down in price but it is an absolutely insane card.

Gravecrawler can provide the static defense you need in the early game. Huntsmaster is a good card but only good for R/G aggro.


He can't block. Huntmaster is good in R/G aggro, ramp, some birthing pod lists, and RUG.


Meh, pod is getting rotated soon.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
February 17 2012 22:56 GMT
#2733
Sell huntmasters now. They will drop. May not drop overnight but it will be gradual. Gravecrawlers might go to $10 but thats as high as I'm willing to call it.

None of the mythics will stay at current value unless they print something crazy in the next set. Vorapedes might become another baneslayer after rotation though since vapor snags go away.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 17 2012 23:01 GMT
#2734
On February 18 2012 07:56 dignity wrote:
Sell huntmasters now. They will drop. May not drop overnight but it will be gradual. Gravecrawlers might go to $10 but thats as high as I'm willing to call it.

None of the mythics will stay at current value unless they print something crazy in the next set. Vorapedes might become another baneslayer after rotation though since vapor snags go away.



I'm assuming Unsummon will be reprinted in M13 and since Delver makes tempo amazing, they'll probably accept the downgrade.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 04:39:13
February 18 2012 04:38 GMT
#2735
I'm thinking they might start using griptide instead. People underestimate the power of that thing. The ability to almost timewalk someone is pretty good.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 18 2012 06:22 GMT
#2736
On February 18 2012 13:38 dignity wrote:
I'm thinking they might start using griptide instead. People underestimate the power of that thing. The ability to almost timewalk someone is pretty good.


How are you able to use it more than once? Unless you play that card that makes all of your cards having Flashback.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 18 2012 14:07 GMT
#2737
On February 18 2012 15:22 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2012 13:38 dignity wrote:
I'm thinking they might start using griptide instead. People underestimate the power of that thing. The ability to almost timewalk someone is pretty good.


How are you able to use it more than once? Unless you play that card that makes all of your cards having Flashback.

Snapcaster, but that makes it cost 6.

4 is way too high for a trick in a tempo deck.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 19 2012 02:32 GMT
#2738
I went 3-0 (6-0) at my FNM with UB zombies. Wasn't satisfying at all when you play verse bad people. They don't know how to deal with anything properly. If I am not using any of liliana's abilities and she is at 1, and a fresh Messenger is staring you in the face, you don't O-ring the Lili...

The more I think about it, the more I realize the good zombie cards don't really need any help. Gravecrawler would still be good even if he only could be casted if another gravecrawler is on the field. Messenger has been a fantastic drop for me everytime he hits the field. He might be worth considering in a control deck. BBB isn't as bad as it sounds when you are holding up counters. Captain has been meh, he is really good when you already have really good zombies in play, but he does nothing to protect himself, and sometimes he's just a 3 mana typhoid rats. I'm going to cutdown on him for now, but I'm still loving blue, so I'll keep a few because of how good he is with the others. Diregraf ghoul has been slightly more impressive, but he's only good at bringing gravecrawler back when captain isn't around. Half the time I find him trading with a doomed traveler after an Honor hits the field, or watching mirran crusader prance around the battlefield doing whatever he wants. At least messenger and gravecrawler can get some value when crusader hits the field.

I've been trying vapor snag and mana leak, an it's really amazing what a little tempo does when zombies are your threats. I don't think I want to lose access to them anytime soon. It makes me want to try being more controlling with just gravecrawler and messenger. Oh, and mortarpod. He's an absolute house with those two. Liliana has been average, but when she needs to be dealt with which means more time for the crew. However, since I've been running blue, I don't often get to be discarding as often as I'd like. Mana leak often gets discarded later, but vapor snag I seem to always be holding to prevent me from going balls deep with discard. That said, Vapor snagging EOT and then forcing a discard after seeing a bomb come down is bill and ted EXCELLENT!

I'm gonna go try a UB control with messenger. He gets vapor snagged for value! unlike silly sphinx
Together but separate, like oatmeal
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 20 2012 03:11 GMT
#2739
Aggro-Loam wins GP Lincoln over Melira pod.

IIRC, top 8 was: 2x Affinity, 2x Jund, 1x Melira Pod, 1x UW Tron, 1x Faeries and 1x Aggro-loam

There was also a sweet-as-hell BW deck that's much better than the one I was brewing that had some truly broken combos in it, like Necrotic Sliver + Emeria, the Sky Ruin.
No.Doubt
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada202 Posts
February 21 2012 03:30 GMT
#2740
On February 19 2012 11:32 bumatlarge wrote:

I'm gonna go try a UB control with messenger. He gets vapor snagged for value! unlike silly sphinx

He seems really bad in control, triple black is still quite a commitment when you want to cast cards like dissipate at 3 also, even with the scars and M12 lands. Also control decks don't want to play many threats or they wont be able to stop decks that play bigger threats, i.e. primeval titan. If you want to try him outside of a mono black aggro deck, maybe try some sort of black based mid ranged deck instead of control.
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE149
Nina 140
ProTech136
SpeCial 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13852
Artosis 619
PianO 36
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
canceldota126
League of Legends
Doublelift3766
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1695
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe116
Other Games
summit1g6769
shahzam618
Day[9].tv568
C9.Mang0391
Maynarde99
Trikslyr54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv568
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 34m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.