• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:18
CEST 04:18
KST 11:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9808 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 80 Next
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 11:35:17
December 01 2010 11:34 GMT
#601
The main problem is the immunes ;d

You can brute force tons of mage protections with +5 melee weapons on the other hand.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 11:46:17
December 01 2010 11:42 GMT
#602
The expansion came with the collectors pack but then I lost interest and stopped after Sarevok. I think I kept my saves and still have the game installed, but for some reason I just don't feel like going on.

Edit: it's usually a good idea to hold on to some plain generic weapons in ToB. That should take care of most of the mage problems. Or you can be a complete tosser by buying some magic protection scrolls and simulacruming a character with the scrolls in quick slots so that you have unlimited magic protection scrolls to use on the enemy mages. I find it to be extremely cheap and wouldn't advise it because it's pretty much an auto-win button.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
December 01 2010 11:44 GMT
#603
On December 01 2010 20:42 Billy_ wrote:
The expansion came with the collectors pack but then I lost interest and stopped after Sarevok. I think I kept my saves and still have the game installed, but for some reason I just don't feel like going on.

If you are old and have already played Planescape i can understand, but BG2 has some really interesting fights.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 11:50:37
December 01 2010 11:49 GMT
#604
On December 01 2010 20:44 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2010 20:42 Billy_ wrote:
The expansion came with the collectors pack but then I lost interest and stopped after Sarevok. I think I kept my saves and still have the game installed, but for some reason I just don't feel like going on.

If you are old and have already played Planescape i can understand, but BG2 has some really interesting fights.


Er, no I've put hundreds of hours into BG II, or more. I played BGI first (I recently bought the BGI expansion as part of the collectors because I lost my discs) and thought it was heaps of bloody fun, but going back to years later I find it rather dull and easy. I blame BGII.
SamGamgee
Profile Joined December 2010
79 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 21:36:00
December 04 2010 21:35 GMT
#605
Ive been trying to play through the game, but i would much prefer having some people to play through the game with.

If anyone wants to play from start to finish let me know (preferably someone with experience because im new to this game). Shoot me a PM.

I have vent etc.
Whalecore
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway1111 Posts
December 05 2010 17:03 GMT
#606
Being a huge fan of the NwN games (especially the first one, including expansions), I'm going to buy BG1+2 for my christmas holiday. Never played any of them so I really look forward to this.

Some questions:
If I buy them at gog.com, will I still be able to apply all the awesome mods and tweaks? Do I get image-files that emulates the original discs, or how does it work on gog?

I enjoyed playing as a battle oriented Cleric in NwN, it was probably the most imba class of those games. BG runs on an older ruleset though, how should I build my character if I want a combat oriented Cleric? I read something about Cleric/Ranger. How do you build this char, do you dual-or multi-class him? Do I get a Priest specialization? What race is prefered etc.? Clerics can cast all spells in full armor in BG?

I'm planning on starting with BG1 and playing the whole thing through.

Looking forward to play this. Hope some of the companions are as memorable as Deekin in NwN. Damn I love that guy :D doom song equals win!
Playgu
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 17:14:27
December 05 2010 17:14 GMT
#607
I'd like to recommend Icewind Dale 1&2 + expansions as well. They're quite a bit less known than BG and Torment, but IMHO had the most enjoyable gameplay. It's less story, less dialogues and less general walking around and more (and better) combat sequences.

Plus the D&D3 rules on IWD2 makes it really awesome.
Aquafresh
Profile Joined May 2007
United States824 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 17:42:01
December 05 2010 17:33 GMT
#608
On December 06 2010 02:03 Whalecore wrote:
Being a huge fan of the NwN games (especially the first one, including expansions), I'm going to buy BG1+2 for my christmas holiday. Never played any of them so I really look forward to this.

Some questions:
If I buy them at gog.com, will I still be able to apply all the awesome mods and tweaks? Do I get image-files that emulates the original discs, or how does it work on gog?

I enjoyed playing as a battle oriented Cleric in NwN, it was probably the most imba class of those games. BG runs on an older ruleset though, how should I build my character if I want a combat oriented Cleric? I read something about Cleric/Ranger. How do you build this char, do you dual-or multi-class him? Do I get a Priest specialization? What race is prefered etc.? Clerics can cast all spells in full armor in BG?

I'm planning on starting with BG1 and playing the whole thing through.

Looking forward to play this. Hope some of the companions are as memorable as Deekin in NwN. Damn I love that guy :D doom song equals win!


Clerics are not quite as ridiculous in BG as they are in NWN, but they are still pretty damn strong. They can still cast in full armor, but they lack a lot of the domains and pure damage dealing spells from NWN that made them especially deadly in all situations. Blade Barrier works differently and isn't as ridiculous, implosion doesn't kill things instantly, divine power's effects are split up over 3 different spells, destruction is not in the game, etc. Unless by battle oriented cleric you meant something cheesy like Cleric38/Monk1/Rogue1 or something. They're a lot harder to break out of their defensively oriented role in BG, but it's still possible to play them as offensive juggernauts.

For the best Cleric/Ranger you would dual-class him from Ranger to Cleric at level 9 or 12. I would recommended doing it at level 9 because Rangers level up so slowly as opposed to Kensais which I prefer dualing at 12, but if you are concerned about late game, or you're soloing, 12 would be better. He has to be a human to dual-class, and he has to have at least 17 Wisdom and 17 Strength, which you should probably have 18 of anyway. The strength of a Ranger/Cleric is that he gets all the druid spells as well as cleric spells. This lets him use Ironskins, better summoning, insect plagues, etc. He's also a more effective melee fighter. If you know what spells to abuse you can easily solo the game with him.

For a pure Cleric there is absolutely no reason (except maybe role play reasons) not to take a kit. They have no downsides. I think the evil cleric kit is the best. In BG1 his lightning spell will flat out kill most things early on, and storm shield gives you some handy immunities that are useful throughout the game. The good cleric is also pretty effective, but the neutral one kind of sucks. He gets a sword spell that quickly becomes outdated, and free true sight, which you will get in abundance by the time you need it anyway. Any race can be a pure cleric, and I think any non-gnome (penalty to wisdom) will make a good one.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-05 17:41:32
December 05 2010 17:35 GMT
#609
On December 06 2010 02:03 Whalecore wrote:
If I buy them at gog.com, will I still be able to apply all the awesome mods and tweaks?

I think so but you can probably find more infos on gog.
On December 06 2010 02:03 Whalecore wrote:
Do I get image-files that emulates the original discs, or how does it work on gog?

Idk, read on gog.

On December 06 2010 02:03 Whalecore wrote:
BG runs on an older ruleset though, how should I build my character if I want a combat oriented Cleric? I read something about Cleric/Ranger.

Yup cleric/ranger is a really imba build because they get the druid spells with the ranger class + cleric spells so they get a tons of spells available.

On December 06 2010 02:03 Whalecore wrote:
How do you build this char, do you dual-or multi-class him?

Don't really know if dual classing is really better. Multi class should be fine and easier.
Max dex, max strengh, max constitution, max wisdom


On December 06 2010 02:03 Whalecore wrote:
Do I get a Priest specialization? What race is prefered etc.? Clerics can cast all spells in full armor in BG?

There are some subclasses for rangers and priest but i don't think it is available if you multi. Only for dual i guess.
Race doesn't really matter but if you want to ranger/cleric you will be either human ( dual ), elf or mixed ( multi ). Elf will get you an extra +1 to dex but -1 to constitution. Human and half elf are basicly the same.

fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Gigaudas
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Sweden1213 Posts
December 05 2010 19:08 GMT
#610
Playing Baldur's Gate 1. The enemies hit sooo hard but are so easy to kite. Makes for some really boring battles. I guess I could chose to not kite but it's hard to resist the temptation
I
Scoop
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland482 Posts
December 05 2010 21:55 GMT
#611
On December 06 2010 04:08 Gigaudas wrote:
Playing Baldur's Gate 1. The enemies hit sooo hard but are so easy to kite. Makes for some really boring battles. I guess I could chose to not kite but it's hard to resist the temptation


So you want boring battles? :D
Whalecore
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway1111 Posts
December 06 2010 16:36 GMT
#612
Thanks for the awesome replies.

Installing atm.
Playgu
Jahzaa
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany30 Posts
December 06 2010 16:59 GMT
#613
Minsk, Jahira, Jan and this Paladin are really great members for a good party
Legalize StimPack
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
December 06 2010 17:10 GMT
#614
But the evil characters are more fun,
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
December 07 2010 02:39 GMT
#615
Jaheira is by far the most interesting and deep romance.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-07 02:55:44
December 07 2010 02:54 GMT
#616
Well I just hit a dead end in Durlag tower maze lvl 4 ( or w/e its called ) just after the chess battle. Dear god i had to replay the chess battle like 20 times ( and im playing on easy im such a noob lool ) it was so hard for me with 1000000++ spells casting everywhere at the same time T.T and my party its mostly fighters/ rangers and druid + cleric multi fighters. Well somehow I managed to pass that but now I dont know what to do ...

Btw whats up with romance or dialog with your party members they never talk with me. When I press dialog with them its always " your party member got nothing to say to you "
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Aquafresh
Profile Joined May 2007
United States824 Posts
December 07 2010 03:21 GMT
#617
On December 07 2010 11:54 SkelA wrote:
Well I just hit a dead end in Durlag tower maze lvl 4 ( or w/e its called ) just after the chess battle. Dear god i had to replay the chess battle like 20 times ( and im playing on easy im such a noob lool ) it was so hard for me with 1000000++ spells casting everywhere at the same time T.T and my party its mostly fighters/ rangers and druid + cleric multi fighters. Well somehow I managed to pass that but now I dont know what to do ...

Btw whats up with romance or dialog with your party members they never talk with me. When I press dialog with them its always " your party member got nothing to say to you "


Unless you have some sort of NPC mod for BG1 installed you won't get romance dialogs until BG2. They work on a timer. When a certain amount of real time (not game time) goes by the character will just abruptly initiate dialog with you provided you're not in combat, and aren't in a dungeon like area. There are about 50 dialogs per romance-able character, except Jaheira who has like 80, and a million little game breaking bugs to go along with them. Hers is the most rewarding if you actually manage to complete it however.
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
December 07 2010 03:36 GMT
#618
So I'm thinking of starting BGI again for Durlags tower. It sounds like the design is a lot more fun than the majority of the original BG.
Black Kestrel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 00:04:26
December 07 2010 23:40 GMT
#619
I am trying a solo play-through with a Kensai/Mage, and I am having a whale of a time trying to kill the Warden in the planar dungeon.

Right now, I am level 10 Kensai (dualing at 13). I made it through the rest of the place fine (the first battle at the entrance took me a half dozen reloads, but not too bad. Got lucky with horrors.) I try running in and out of the Warden's spell range to get him to waste spells, and that works, but he never seems to run out!

He casts confusions and chaos, so I run away. Probably fail the save, wait out the duration (boots of speed ftw, no chase). Same thing for Symbol, Stun. Gotta keep the fingers crossed that none of his cronies follow me when he casts Power Word: Stun, as there's no time to run very far with that one. Short cast time, no travel time.

If I run up to him and whack him, his contingencies and sequencers kick in giving him all kinds of protective magicks. I run away, do something else for a half hour while all the summons and protections dispel themselves, and get ready to go in for the kill...

...only to get laid low by a hero-status Power Word: Kill or Symbol: Death (not sure which it is). VERY frustrating.

Since then, I have started saving after I make him waste each spell he has. It is taking a LOOOOOOOOONG time, and I am beginning to doubt whether he ever runs out of spells to cast. And despite it all, I can still die and have to start back over again if I fail the save on any of his K.O. spells.

Oh yeah, all this while trying not to aggro the ferocious pack of Salamanders and Yuan-ti mages behind him.

This fight sucks! I could use some pointers!

EDIT: Okay, after about 15 tests, I am confident I cannot resist the effects of Power Word: Kill. If he casts it, I lose. Frustration is building; luckily I kept a save outside the dungeon, but I would love to not have to re-do that first battle. I got really fortunate with it, and it could be a lot more tries before i get through it again. I have it down in principle, it's just a matter of getting the right dice rolls.

EDIT 2: Done trying to win this. Power Word: Kill is instant death. If someone could please let me know how to get the console to work in BG2 with BGT and Unfinished Business installed, that would be great. I have already edited the .ini files (I think they're the right ones) and I cannot access it.
Aquafresh
Profile Joined May 2007
United States824 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 00:31:15
December 08 2010 00:30 GMT
#620
On December 08 2010 08:40 Black Kestrel wrote:
I am trying a solo play-through with a Kensai/Mage, and I am having a whale of a time trying to kill the Warden in the planar dungeon.

Right now, I am level 10 Kensai (dualing at 13). I made it through the rest of the place fine (the first battle at the entrance took me a half dozen reloads, but not too bad. Got lucky with horrors.) I try running in and out of the Warden's spell range to get him to waste spells, and that works, but he never seems to run out!

He casts confusions and chaos, so I run away. Probably fail the save, wait out the duration (boots of speed ftw, no chase). Same thing for Symbol, Stun. Gotta keep the fingers crossed that none of his cronies follow me when he casts Power Word: Stun, as there's no time to run very far with that one. Short cast time, no travel time.

If I run up to him and whack him, his contingencies and sequencers kick in giving him all kinds of protective magicks. I run away, do something else for a half hour while all the summons and protections dispel themselves, and get ready to go in for the kill...

...only to get laid low by a hero-status Power Word: Kill or Symbol: Death (not sure which it is). VERY frustrating.

Since then, I have started saving after I make him waste each spell he has. It is taking a LOOOOOOOOONG time, and I am beginning to doubt whether he ever runs out of spells to cast. And despite it all, I can still die and have to start back over again if I fail the save on any of his K.O. spells.

Oh yeah, all this while trying not to aggro the ferocious pack of Salamanders and Yuan-ti mages behind him.

This fight sucks! I could use some pointers!

EDIT: Okay, after about 15 tests, I am confident I cannot resist the effects of Power Word: Kill. If he casts it, I lose. Frustration is building; luckily I kept a save outside the dungeon, but I would love to not have to re-do that first battle. I got really fortunate with it, and it could be a lot more tries before i get through it again. I have it down in principle, it's just a matter of getting the right dice rolls.

EDIT 2: Done trying to win this. Power Word: Kill is instant death. If someone could please let me know how to get the console to work in BG2 with BGT and Unfinished Business installed, that would be great. I have already edited the .ini files (I think they're the right ones) and I cannot access it.


Power Word: Kill has no save, if you aren't protected against its effects, you die period. However it only works if you have less than 60 HP when it hits you. Make sure you have more than that and you should be ok. Same with Symbol Death/Stun and Power Word stun, they all have different effects depending on how much HP you have left. I think >90 is good enough to be safe from stun, and >60 is fine vs death. Since you're a kensai/mage you'll have trouble protecting against death magic until you get your mage spells up and running. If you had the ring of air control from the adventure mart you could use it for improved invsibility and be immune to targeted spells that way. Not sure if that will work on the Warden, as he's a demon, and I think they can still target through invisibility in the unmodded game.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
RuFF_SC2 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1313
Rain 709
Artosis 609
Dewaltoss 55
NaDa 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
Doublelift3797
Counter-Strike
taco 506
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox587
Other Games
summit1g8096
WinterStarcraft301
C9.Mang0296
Maynarde137
ViBE119
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV164
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 43m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.