• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:02
CEST 12:02
KST 19:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6824 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 80 Next
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
December 08 2010 00:35 GMT
#621
This game is so hard. It's easy to forget how much harder games were 10 years ago.
Black Kestrel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States19 Posts
December 08 2010 01:06 GMT
#622
Thanks for the info! I actually ended up just walking over to Haer'Dalis and Raelis in their cell and leaving while he was still alive. I made the saving throw against the spell blocking the doorway somehow; probably payment for all those deaths!

Yeah, the HP thing makes sense. I had a feeling that was the case, because if I used my one remaining health potion before engaging, he cast summons instead of PW Kill. Then after the summons hit me a few times, he'd one-shot me.
Aquafresh
Profile Joined May 2007
United States824 Posts
December 08 2010 02:40 GMT
#623
On December 08 2010 10:06 Black Kestrel wrote:
Thanks for the info! I actually ended up just walking over to Haer'Dalis and Raelis in their cell and leaving while he was still alive. I made the saving throw against the spell blocking the doorway somehow; probably payment for all those deaths!

Yeah, the HP thing makes sense. I had a feeling that was the case, because if I used my one remaining health potion before engaging, he cast summons instead of PW Kill. Then after the summons hit me a few times, he'd one-shot me.


To avoid stuff like this when soloing go get that ioun stone in the Umar Hills Temple Ruins, or buy that sword that gives really weak regeneration (can't remember the name, think it's from one of the bonus merchants.) Just run away after a fight, equip it, and go do something else while you regenerate. Or rest, which will burn 8 hours of game time and fully heal you.
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
December 08 2010 05:34 GMT
#624
On December 06 2010 02:03 Whalecore wrote:
Being a huge fan of the NwN games (especially the first one, including expansions), I'm going to buy BG1+2 for my christmas holiday. Never played any of them so I really look forward to this.

Some questions:
If I buy them at gog.com, will I still be able to apply all the awesome mods and tweaks? Do I get image-files that emulates the original discs, or how does it work on gog?

I enjoyed playing as a battle oriented Cleric in NwN, it was probably the most imba class of those games. BG runs on an older ruleset though, how should I build my character if I want a combat oriented Cleric? I read something about Cleric/Ranger. How do you build this char, do you dual-or multi-class him? Do I get a Priest specialization? What race is prefered etc.? Clerics can cast all spells in full armor in BG?

I'm planning on starting with BG1 and playing the whole thing through.

Looking forward to play this. Hope some of the companions are as memorable as Deekin in NwN. Damn I love that guy :D doom song equals win!


I just finished a SOA playthrough as a berserker/cleric, worked quite well. I dual wield crom feyer and flail of the age. The berserker rage is pretty useful to make yourself imune to all the annoying status changing or instakill spells (looking at you kangaxx)
In SOA the animate dead spell is so good once you get past lvl 15. Cast a few of those badboys, haste them and send them first at packs of enemy, the mages/clerics cast all their useless spells on them then you follow and clean up. The effectiveness decreases later as most mages will cast death spell however.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
kaisen
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States601 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 06:15:16
December 08 2010 06:14 GMT
#625
I finished first BG (except the Sword Coast) and the BG2 (except the Throne of Bhaal).

I still remember getting stuck in werewolf island in Tales of the Sword Coast. Every time I finish the main quest and about to leave the island, my entire party turns into werewolf and its game over.

Black Kestrel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States19 Posts
December 08 2010 16:19 GMT
#626
On December 08 2010 11:40 Aquafresh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2010 10:06 Black Kestrel wrote:
Thanks for the info! I actually ended up just walking over to Haer'Dalis and Raelis in their cell and leaving while he was still alive. I made the saving throw against the spell blocking the doorway somehow; probably payment for all those deaths!

Yeah, the HP thing makes sense. I had a feeling that was the case, because if I used my one remaining health potion before engaging, he cast summons instead of PW Kill. Then after the summons hit me a few times, he'd one-shot me.


To avoid stuff like this when soloing go get that ioun stone in the Umar Hills Temple Ruins, or buy that sword that gives really weak regeneration (can't remember the name, think it's from one of the bonus merchants.) Just run away after a fight, equip it, and go do something else while you regenerate. Or rest, which will burn 8 hours of game time and fully heal you.


Augh, you just reminded me that I have Cloak of the Sewers! I could have shapeshifted into a troll and regenerated my HP back!

I will have to look into the Ioun Stone and sword of regeneration; if those items allow me to passively regain HP without resting, they are priceless.

Resting, in the case of the Warden fight, would have been counter-productive. If I rest, sure, I get my HP back; he also gets all his spells back, however, which puts me in an even worse position since he had already wasted a good portion of them on the thralls (I am still operating under the assumption that he doesn't get an unlimited number of spells).
Sadir
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Vatican City State1176 Posts
December 08 2010 22:31 GMT
#627
On December 09 2010 01:19 Black Kestrel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2010 11:40 Aquafresh wrote:
On December 08 2010 10:06 Black Kestrel wrote:
Thanks for the info! I actually ended up just walking over to Haer'Dalis and Raelis in their cell and leaving while he was still alive. I made the saving throw against the spell blocking the doorway somehow; probably payment for all those deaths!

Yeah, the HP thing makes sense. I had a feeling that was the case, because if I used my one remaining health potion before engaging, he cast summons instead of PW Kill. Then after the summons hit me a few times, he'd one-shot me.


To avoid stuff like this when soloing go get that ioun stone in the Umar Hills Temple Ruins, or buy that sword that gives really weak regeneration (can't remember the name, think it's from one of the bonus merchants.) Just run away after a fight, equip it, and go do something else while you regenerate. Or rest, which will burn 8 hours of game time and fully heal you.


Augh, you just reminded me that I have Cloak of the Sewers! I could have shapeshifted into a troll and regenerated my HP back!

I will have to look into the Ioun Stone and sword of regeneration; if those items allow me to passively regain HP without resting, they are priceless.

Resting, in the case of the Warden fight, would have been counter-productive. If I rest, sure, I get my HP back; he also gets all his spells back, however, which puts me in an even worse position since he had already wasted a good portion of them on the thralls (I am still operating under the assumption that he doesn't get an unlimited number of spells).


you can also pickpocket a ring of regeneration from ribald, but I guess you would need yoshimo or jan or a thief for that

I just started my first ranger/cleric and he is awesome, even though I am seriously considering rolling a bard with celestial fury and some other katana/sword as well
because it's just awesome whielding two swords as an agile fighter

I am a little bit torn apart here

the game is just so good, it fascinates me every time again - even though it's allready 10 years old. There are so many graphical details you discover every time you play it.

but honeslty, the first dungeon is sooooo annoying - I really can't play it anymore =)
Trombpwn
Profile Joined December 2010
United States20 Posts
December 10 2010 20:12 GMT
#628
I bought the 4 in 1 complete box-set because of this thread, and I must say, it's one of the best gaming purchases of my life. I'm playing through BG1 and it is fucking awesome.

Thanks TL!
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 15:09:37
December 21 2010 15:08 GMT
#629
Bump.

Hey guys so how can you beat the diablolike boss in Ulogth Beard? Man that fucker is imba as hell.... but still somehow I manage to beat him with mass summons, spells and shit but just before he dies almost all of my party dies and even if my main survive the fight he dies anyways after 30 secs or so even with full hp -_- . Killed him 3 times and every time I die right after him. Any tips??
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
December 21 2010 15:13 GMT
#630
You have killed all the cultists ?
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
December 21 2010 15:44 GMT
#631
Yes I kill them first because he revives if any of them are alive.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
iba001
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia156 Posts
December 21 2010 16:04 GMT
#632
oh man, i really need to play this game again.

i was looking forward to dragon age as the spiritual successor to bg, but it was soooooo not.

Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 18:34:42
December 21 2010 18:15 GMT
#633
On December 22 2010 00:44 SkelA wrote:
Yes I kill them first because he revives if any of them are alive.

You have completed the whole Durlag tower ?

I don't remember exactly all the details ( didn't play Tosc for a long time ) but i think that the demon has a spell ( death gaze ) that insta kills your characters but you can counter with dispell magic on your character.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 15:04:18
December 26 2010 14:57 GMT
#634
I need some class advice. I've had two false starts in this game, I get to chapter 5-6 before I realize I don't even like what I've rolled.

First of all, how does dual classing work really? What do you keep when you go from one class to another? I change Imoen to a Mage but she loses all thief skills, proficiencies, and maybe some other things, so what's the point?

After having some experience with the game, I want to have a thief main hero (I'll change Imoen to mage immediately), but what's the best way to go about it? I'm told Kensai into Thief at 8 can be really good, but then you don't get the awesome bounty hunter traps. But if I just choose a bounty hunter, I'll miss out on some good fighter bonuses. Swashbuckler sounds pretty good but no super traps or backstab.

if Kensai/Thief is the best option what're the most useful weapon proficiencies and what stats do I want? Do Intelligence and wisdom do anything for non-mage classes?

Choices, choices...
it's my first day
DennizR
Profile Joined May 2007
Sweden653 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 15:15:18
December 26 2010 15:14 GMT
#635
On December 26 2010 23:57 myopia wrote:
I need some class advice. I've had two false starts in this game, I get to chapter 5-6 before I realize I don't even like what I've rolled.

First of all, how does dual classing work really? What do you keep when you go from one class to another? I change Imoen to a Mage but she loses all thief skills, proficiencies, and maybe some other things, so what's the point?

After having some experience with the game, I want to have a thief main hero (I'll change Imoen to mage immediately), but what's the best way to go about it? I'm told Kensai into Thief at 8 can be really good, but then you don't get the awesome bounty hunter traps. But if I just choose a bounty hunter, I'll miss out on some good fighter bonuses. Swashbuckler sounds pretty good but no super traps or backstab.

if Kensai/Thief is the best option what're the most useful weapon proficiencies and what stats do I want? Do Intelligence and wisdom do anything for non-mage classes?

Choices, choices...


I guess you are playing the trilogy mod since Imoen is already dualled in bg2?

You receive all your old class benefits when your dualled class reaches your original class..

I.e. Dual kensai at lvl 9(for an extra +1hit/dmg instead of lvl 8) into a thief, means that you have a lvl 1 thief, but when you get to lvl 9, you regain all the kensai abilities.

Swashbuckler is a great class, it all depends on what kind of playstyle you like... If you overpower and trample your enemies then Swashbuckler is great as an extra melee character, but if you prefer setting up traps, hiding into shadows and backstabbing etc, then try assassin/bounty hunter. Or even a normal thief.

For any kensai, katana is a good option, the vanilla katana is very good early in the game, and celestial fury is one of the best weapons you can find. Int does nothing for non-mage and wisdom does nothing for non-cleric spellcasters. (If you have any extra points, put them into int, because of the mind flayer int-drain)
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
December 26 2010 15:19 GMT
#636
When you dual class you lose the abilities of your first class until your second class catches up, so Imoen loses all her thief skills until her mage level catches up, then she gets whatever level of thief stuff back, but your thief level will never rise from that point.

Swashbuckler is a really strong kit but I don't see a point going kensai/swash, Swash is basically if you want to be a frontliner thief, but dualing from Kensai at level 9 or 13 accomplishes the same thing and you don't really need a pure thief in BG2.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
December 26 2010 15:22 GMT
#637
Yeah I'm playing the BGT mod.

So you can go Kensai -> Bounty Hunter? I think that's exactly what I want. Setting super traps and Kai backstabbing.
it's my first day
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
December 26 2010 15:26 GMT
#638
Technically no you can't dual class into any kit, but you can just use shadowkeeper or I am sure there's a real mod that lets you do it
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
December 26 2010 15:45 GMT
#639
I'd never heard of Shadowkeeper before, I'm looking at it now. If I were to do kensai -> bounty hunter, which is my class and which is my kit?
it's my first day
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
December 26 2010 15:56 GMT
#640
In your cases the classes are fighter and thief, the kits are kensai and bounty hunter.
Technically you can only dual class to a class, not a specific kit aka you can go kensai-thief but not kensai-bounty hunter.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3704
Calm 1770
Hyuk 1204
Bisu 842
Soma 344
Rush 288
BeSt 219
Horang2 204
Stork 150
Mong 135
[ Show more ]
Sexy 135
Britney 114
Jaedong 101
ToSsGirL 82
Mind 64
ZerO 50
Killer 45
Shinee 29
Pusan 26
Barracks 24
Yoon 24
Hm[arnc] 18
NaDa 17
sorry 15
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
byalli652
shoxiejesuss509
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1155
ceh9694
dupreeh275
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 58m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.