• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:17
CEST 12:17
KST 19:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7386 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 18

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 80 Next
StukA
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States64 Posts
September 28 2010 05:11 GMT
#341
omfg I tried to install the Big World Mod and wow. I have to redo everything after letting it install for 6+ hours. I thought I would be playing already but I guess imma reinstall and use easytutu instead.

Easytutu is fine right? like it install decent mods or do I have to do that myself? cuz the Big World mod had alot and I dont know how that will affect my first playthrough.
Bajadulce
Profile Joined October 2004
United States322 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-28 06:06:05
September 28 2010 05:44 GMT
#342
I've actually never finished TOB for some reason wtf? Don't know why that is. Prob should make it part of my new years resolution! haha. Played quite a bit of BG1 and 2 from day one fun stuff. My only complaint about the game might be that thievery was just way too easy.

My party:
Me, a dual-class thief/fighter female evil of course always.
Keldorn, Viconia, Edwin, Jan. (5 members always seemed plenty. Jan was lucky I liked him cause the other 3 npcs more than carry his weight.)

Also.. I've been working on a Scraft mod/tribute to Baldur's Gate for years haha! Anyone ever happen to run across it in your wanderings? Tough to stay focused and keep working on at times, but it's almost there. Might even make my first ever TL.net blog after 6 frickin years membership! Working on some fun UMS multiplayer maps right now. I'd release it as it is, the melee is solid, but want to add some finishing touches for the UMS map making/special buildings. Unfortunately "finishing" touches could translate to hundreds more hours. I never seem to be satisfied. Anywhoo. pm me if you'd like to try out the game for kicks.

Planar Erratus = butt kicking for goodness!

[image loading]
[image loading]

recognize any of these dudes? haha
Planar Erratus: (www.broodwarai.com/mods/peai) Where the worlds of Baldur’s Gate, Arcanum, Diablo, Icewind Dale, Torment, and Warcraft collide with Starcraft. Don't question, just play! ... Dedicated to all my TL.net friends and old schoolers!
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
September 28 2010 06:43 GMT
#343
does bg1/bg2 work in windows 7?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
StukA
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States64 Posts
September 28 2010 07:07 GMT
#344
*sigh i guess im not meant to play this game. I patched all the games, installed easytutu and I started the game. I didn't even get far in bg1 I am at the part where I am in the cellar training with the guy and whenever we have fights with the training illusions there is epic lag. Anyone know what could be causing it? I tried to look at google first but I don't see any links that could help. My specs for my laptop are:

OS - WIndows 7
Processor - 2.2ghz duo core
GFX - gt 240m
ram - 4gb
HD 112gb free out of 180
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 28 2010 07:08 GMT
#345
On September 28 2010 15:43 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
does bg1/bg2 work in windows 7?


http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=677318&forum=11

That guy says they do.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 28 2010 07:13 GMT
#346
On September 28 2010 16:07 StukA wrote:
*sigh i guess im not meant to play this game. I patched all the games, installed easytutu and I started the game. I didn't even get far in bg1 I am at the part where I am in the cellar training with the guy and whenever we have fights with the training illusions there is epic lag. Anyone know what could be causing it? I tried to look at google first but I don't see any links that could help. My specs for my laptop are:

OS - WIndows 7
Processor - 2.2ghz duo core
GFX - gt 240m
ram - 4gb
HD 112gb free out of 180


There is only one thing that I can think of that can cause lag in the game. Go into the configuration and make sure that 3d acceleration is on. If it's already on, I guess... try turning it off?
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
September 28 2010 07:22 GMT
#347
On September 28 2010 16:08 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2010 15:43 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
does bg1/bg2 work in windows 7?


http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=677318&forum=11

That guy says they do.

Correct.

Run in admin mode, however, as some people have problems with saving the game otherwise.
StukA
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States64 Posts
September 28 2010 08:50 GMT
#348
*sigh well I turned on the 3d accelerator thing and its only slightly better; but now theres like black boxes around certain stuff and it really lags during battle. I ran the program as admin and it still does that. How come I can run dragon age almost maxed gfx but this game still lags ;(
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
September 28 2010 08:58 GMT
#349
On September 28 2010 17:50 StukA wrote:
*sigh well I turned on the 3d accelerator thing and its only slightly better; but now theres like black boxes around certain stuff and it really lags during battle. I ran the program as admin and it still does that. How come I can run dragon age almost maxed gfx but this game still lags ;(

I've had the black box problem, it's fairly easily fixed in the config menu. Google solves. Not sure about the lag, though.
StukA
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States64 Posts
September 28 2010 09:32 GMT
#350
ahhh I got it fixed! i just had to set the game to use one processor! its smooth now; no more black boxes no lag during battles. Now I just need to know how I can own the wolves outside the keep lol. I think im only level one after completing everything in the keep. I have imoen with me but we both got owned by one wolf. can we kite it? like the wolf chasing me and imoen just shooting arrows?
eaT_Mi_Lquid
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Germany509 Posts
September 28 2010 10:13 GMT
#351
On September 28 2010 18:32 StukA wrote:
ahhh I got it fixed! i just had to set the game to use one processor! its smooth now; no more black boxes no lag during battles. Now I just need to know how I can own the wolves outside the keep lol. I think im only level one after completing everything in the keep. I have imoen with me but we both got owned by one wolf. can we kite it? like the wolf chasing me and imoen just shooting arrows?


WTF ! You are visiting a Starcraft site and don't even know "micro" ??? hahhaaha Yes of course you should do it ! You can even outmicro bears !! takes a while though ... xD
League of Legends: Puffelipuff
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
September 28 2010 11:37 GMT
#352
lol wolves outside the keep
if you're having that much problems with them just keep running along the road where you're less likely to run into them
along that first road you'll meet xzar and montaron who can join your party , when you have 4 people in your party go back and explore the areas off the roads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
eaT_Mi_Lquid
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Germany509 Posts
September 28 2010 12:42 GMT
#353
On September 28 2010 20:37 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
lol wolves outside the keep
if you're having that much problems with them just keep running along the road where you're less likely to run into them
along that first road you'll meet xzar and montaron who can join your party , when you have 4 people in your party go back and explore the areas off the roads


Xzar is so hilarious ! I love that crazy mage xD !
League of Legends: Puffelipuff
SCdinner
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada516 Posts
September 28 2010 15:22 GMT
#354
On September 28 2010 06:33 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2010 06:22 SCdinner wrote:
On September 28 2010 05:49 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 28 2010 04:35 SCdinner wrote:
A coworker of mine used to work at Bioware on the original game. He said they really wanted to put a Beholder in it but could find a feasable way of having the player be powerful enough to beat it.


They could have just put the cheesy shield of balduran in like they did with bg2.

gg beholders :x


Is that the idem that reflects all magic spells?


No, it only reflects beholder rays.

The cloak of mirroring used to reflect all spell damage, but that effect was removed at some point, either in ToB or in a patch.


That is the idem I was thinking of, the Cloak of Mirroring. As soon as I found it the game lost all its difficulty, I walked into the Beholder den in the underdark and let them all kill themselves on me. I toltally agree that idem was broken expecially considering the main villian is a wizard.
My other car is a battlecruiser.
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
September 28 2010 17:09 GMT
#355
On September 29 2010 00:22 SCdinner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2010 06:33 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 28 2010 06:22 SCdinner wrote:
On September 28 2010 05:49 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 28 2010 04:35 SCdinner wrote:
A coworker of mine used to work at Bioware on the original game. He said they really wanted to put a Beholder in it but could find a feasable way of having the player be powerful enough to beat it.


They could have just put the cheesy shield of balduran in like they did with bg2.

gg beholders :x


Is that the idem that reflects all magic spells?


No, it only reflects beholder rays.

The cloak of mirroring used to reflect all spell damage, but that effect was removed at some point, either in ToB or in a patch.


That is the idem I was thinking of, the Cloak of Mirroring. As soon as I found it the game lost all its difficulty, I walked into the Beholder den in the underdark and let them all kill themselves on me. I toltally agree that idem was broken expecially considering the main villian is a wizard.


Not to mention you got it from a completely random mob in the sahugin city, not as an epic reward or anything like that...
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
September 29 2010 10:09 GMT
#356
On September 29 2010 02:09 leveller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2010 00:22 SCdinner wrote:
On September 28 2010 06:33 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 28 2010 06:22 SCdinner wrote:
On September 28 2010 05:49 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 28 2010 04:35 SCdinner wrote:
A coworker of mine used to work at Bioware on the original game. He said they really wanted to put a Beholder in it but could find a feasable way of having the player be powerful enough to beat it.


They could have just put the cheesy shield of balduran in like they did with bg2.

gg beholders :x


Is that the idem that reflects all magic spells?


No, it only reflects beholder rays.

The cloak of mirroring used to reflect all spell damage, but that effect was removed at some point, either in ToB or in a patch.


That is the idem I was thinking of, the Cloak of Mirroring. As soon as I found it the game lost all its difficulty, I walked into the Beholder den in the underdark and let them all kill themselves on me. I toltally agree that idem was broken expecially considering the main villian is a wizard.


Not to mention you got it from a completely random mob in the sahugin city, not as an epic reward or anything like that...

Oh, that's not the only broken item, though. Crom Freyr setting the force at 25, I mean, seriously.

Not to talk about Carsomyr...

I think they nerfed cloak of mirroring with Throne of Bhaal. I remember it didn't mirror spells anymore, you just couldn't take direct magical damage.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
September 29 2010 10:37 GMT
#357
Well...

When you get the uber-uber Crom Fayer and similar Items the game is basically over anyway, so thats not that big of a Problem.

And btw: The single Parts of Crom Fayer split over your party is often better than having 1 guy with Crom Fayer .
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
September 29 2010 12:04 GMT
#358
On September 28 2010 16:22 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2010 16:08 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 28 2010 15:43 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
does bg1/bg2 work in windows 7?


http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=677318&forum=11

That guy says they do.

Correct.

Run in admin mode, however, as some people have problems with saving the game otherwise.


Or buy from gog (as I just did, sweet).
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
lgd-haze
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden547 Posts
September 29 2010 15:22 GMT
#359
When we're at an Infinity Engine topic I'm taking the opportunity to ask a few questions about Icewind Dale 2

Me and a friend is about to start playing this. Through the Hearts of Fury difficult setting for some serious challenge.

Can anyone give us some good team composition and general thumb rules or something.

We're aiming to clear it up with only 2 chars. But we can stretch out to 4 (2 chars each).

So it would be awesome if someone could shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.
Flying Tushin!!
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
September 29 2010 15:37 GMT
#360
On September 29 2010 19:37 Velr wrote:
Well...

When you get the uber-uber Crom Fayer and similar Items the game is basically over anyway, so thats not that big of a Problem.

Hmm, the vanilla game is relatively easy with or without such items if you're familiar with the game. And extra stength from Crom Faeyr doesn't seem as crazily powerful as some other things, it just makes you hit fucking hard. You still gotta stay alive and get rid of enemy protections somehow. Staff of the Magi for example can give much more god-like power, especially combined with vecna robes. Or carsomyr dispelling. Or just enough traps.

I'm gonna start a new game sometime probably, with some mods to make it different from my 1st playthrough.

Ascension
BG2 Fixpack
Unfinished Business
Banter pack
Flirt pack
Rogue Rebalancing
aTweaks
Sword Coast Strategems II

Is that a good order to install them? Should I still add/remove something and why? Or should I just go ask on a proper BG2 forum to know :D Originally I was just intending install 2 or 3 things but the list just kept growing...
If you have to ask, you don't know.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko204
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1698
actioN 1012
Horang2 553
Jaedong 530
Bisu 477
BeSt 387
Hyuk 349
firebathero 267
Soma 239
Larva 226
[ Show more ]
Hyun 212
Mong 202
Soulkey 185
Stork 184
Rush 131
Shine 120
PianO 106
Pusan 75
Mind 67
910 62
hero 49
Sexy 41
Shinee 37
ZerO 36
Yoon 36
Last 35
HiyA 30
Bale 28
Sharp 28
Free 26
sSak 26
ZergMaN 24
sorry 20
Hm[arnc] 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe185
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1312
shoxiejesuss1246
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King296
Other Games
gofns35502
summit1g7161
singsing1474
ceh9533
KnowMe157
DeMusliM142
Pyrionflax135
Livibee99
Trikslyr29
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick465
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1281
Other Games
• Shiphtur376
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
44m
Patches Events
5h 44m
The PondCast
23h 44m
INu's Battles
1d
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.