• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:45
CEST 14:45
KST 21:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6692 users

World of Tanks - Page 41

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 69 Next
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
May 11 2013 15:01 GMT
#801
So I have finished quite a few games and I really like it. I am still a noob in many aspects, but the game is much more fun than I thought it would be. Been going through this thread and have learned a good amount of stuff that has definitely helped my play.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 11 2013 15:44 GMT
#802
On May 11 2013 23:49 Caryc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2013 22:46 m4inbrain wrote:
Germans for example do not have higher DPM than meds, that i know for sure.

well...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgsmBBxAzGgidHd6X2twVkdRUzl4R0YzS1lrZ2RzalE#gid=0
=O


Wow, thats weird. I admit i forgot the E100 Stug, which wasn't released (or just released) when i stopped playing, but the E-50 (and the PantherII when it still had it) had the highest DPM gun ingame, the 10.5.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 11 2013 16:37 GMT
#803
Say I soon decided to pick up a bit of gold, the cheapest package. Out of curiosity what are your gent's opinions on the most useful / efficient thing to spend it on.

Basically I'm just wondering if it's efficient/effective to spend gold on converting elite XP to free XP because at the rate given and the amount of elite XP I have on some of my lower tanks I was dicking around on, it totally seems like it would be...
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 11 2013 16:59 GMT
#804
On May 12 2013 01:37 Duka08 wrote:
Say I soon decided to pick up a bit of gold, the cheapest package. Out of curiosity what are your gent's opinions on the most useful / efficient thing to spend it on.

Basically I'm just wondering if it's efficient/effective to spend gold on converting elite XP to free XP because at the rate given and the amount of elite XP I have on some of my lower tanks I was dicking around on, it totally seems like it would be...


Depends on how much you play, in my opinion. If you power through alot of games a day, just getting premium is a good option. Free XP is, well.. It's nice to skip a tank (like the M3 Lee or T1 Heavy), but you should not use it to advance in a tree "just because".

At least that's how i see it.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 11 2013 18:15 GMT
#805
Oh, looks like they got rid of Dragon Ridge while I was gone. Was already wondering that I didn't play on that one.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-11 18:25:00
May 11 2013 18:24 GMT
#806
On May 12 2013 03:15 Lucumo wrote:
Oh, looks like they got rid of Dragon Ridge while I was gone. Was already wondering that I didn't play on that one.


For random games, at it seems. Too bad, i thought this map was fun.

Edit: Serene Coast was removed as well.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 11 2013 18:44 GMT
#807
Too annoying for arty, also annoying for slower tanks. Only thing fun was playing with my Leopard.

You are right, didn't even miss that one That map was ok-ish though.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 11 2013 18:50 GMT
#808
On May 12 2013 03:44 Lucumo wrote:
Too annoying for arty, also annoying for slower tanks. Only thing fun was playing with my Leopard.

You are right, didn't even miss that one That map was ok-ish though.


I liked Serene, especially on arty starting in the north, just "rushing" on to the island and instagib heavies. <3

Don't know why they removed it though, it was campy, yeah, but they didn't remove the worst map in the game (Malinovka) - so that couldn't be the reason.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 11 2013 19:16 GMT
#809
Arties were the reason the map wasn't that enjoyable at times. But without them, I did play some good games on it.

Low tier Malinovka is fun though
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 11 2013 19:28 GMT
#810
On May 12 2013 04:16 Lucumo wrote:
Arties were the reason the map wasn't that enjoyable at times. But without them, I did play some good games on it.

Low tier Malinovka is fun though


That's just suicide rushing.

I like playing against arty, still hunting for my second Burdas Medal. As soon as you get a couple of matches in arty in higher tier games, you get to know all the shooting paths, so it will get easier to dodge them. I feel that high tier TDs are way more troublesome than arty.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 11 2013 19:35 GMT
#811
I pretty much always take the upper or middle path. It's not that bad there

At higher tiers, arties can't one-shot you anymore, so...yeah. TDs are too weak. Some tank on the same tier killed me in one shot. Btw, TLers need to play together for a bit.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 11 2013 20:05 GMT
#812
On May 12 2013 04:35 Lucumo wrote:
I pretty much always take the upper or middle path. It's not that bad there

At higher tiers, arties can't one-shot you anymore, so...yeah. TDs are too weak. Some tank on the same tier killed me in one shot. Btw, TLers need to play together for a bit.


Ask the T95 which i oneshot last game. :D
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 11 2013 20:42 GMT
#813
Man, from a 53% win rate almost down to 49% ever since I'm playing again. Too funny though, that it's mostly because of my team -.-
Zavior
Profile Joined August 2009
Finland753 Posts
May 11 2013 20:55 GMT
#814
On May 12 2013 05:42 Lucumo wrote:
Man, from a 53% win rate almost down to 49% ever since I'm playing again. Too funny though, that it's mostly because of my team -.-


The only common factor in all those games is... you! Clearly all your fault.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
May 11 2013 20:57 GMT
#815
On May 12 2013 05:42 Lucumo wrote:
Man, from a 53% win rate almost down to 49% ever since I'm playing again. Too funny though, that it's mostly because of my team -.-


It's an axiom of any team game - any losses are entirely because your teammates are idiots.

I know, I'm sometimes one of those idiots.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 11 2013 21:02 GMT
#816
On May 12 2013 05:55 Zavior wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2013 05:42 Lucumo wrote:
Man, from a 53% win rate almost down to 49% ever since I'm playing again. Too funny though, that it's mostly because of my team -.-


The only common factor in all those games is... you! Clearly all your fault.

Pretty sure it's that I always have 14 team mates.

On May 12 2013 05:57 felisconcolori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2013 05:42 Lucumo wrote:
Man, from a 53% win rate almost down to 49% ever since I'm playing again. Too funny though, that it's mostly because of my team -.-


It's an axiom of any team game - any losses are entirely because your teammates are idiots.

I know, I'm sometimes one of those idiots.

Well, that was another reason I quit this game before. Too many retards who just do whatever D:
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
May 11 2013 21:05 GMT
#817
On May 12 2013 06:02 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2013 05:55 Zavior wrote:
On May 12 2013 05:42 Lucumo wrote:
Man, from a 53% win rate almost down to 49% ever since I'm playing again. Too funny though, that it's mostly because of my team -.-


The only common factor in all those games is... you! Clearly all your fault.

Pretty sure it's that I always have 14 team mates.

Show nested quote +
On May 12 2013 05:57 felisconcolori wrote:
On May 12 2013 05:42 Lucumo wrote:
Man, from a 53% win rate almost down to 49% ever since I'm playing again. Too funny though, that it's mostly because of my team -.-


It's an axiom of any team game - any losses are entirely because your teammates are idiots.

I know, I'm sometimes one of those idiots.

Well, that was another reason I quit this game before. Too many retards who just do whatever D:


TBH, I try not to do any kind of suicide rush, and I usually try to be smart with my artillery shots when I'm driving an SPG. But it kills me when I see a lone tank running towards the other base - usually along an open road or across an open field.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-11 21:07:05
May 11 2013 21:06 GMT
#818
Alot of people mistake WoT for CoD, because both have three letters. That clearly doesn't help, and most of the times, these guys are in my team.

edit

But it kills me when I see a lone tank running towards the other base


Depends, if it's an enemy, most of the times i'd kill him. ^^
Ottoxlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
735 Posts
May 11 2013 23:52 GMT
#819
spending gold:
the most efficient is demounting complex equipment if you have any, i would suggest getting a t7-8 tank first(10 gold 100-300k silver)
getting premium account is the second best, 50% more credits and xp
premium tanks: if you have enough money you should get a t8 for moneymaking, others mainly for fun
converting free xp and credits only if you more gold then you can spend on everything else
camo if you have a vehicle you know you wont part with
arty:
i would suggest only grind arty if you can finish it in 4 weeks that vehicle because if your arty will move higher tier in 8.6 it wont bring the experience you already accumulated.
Moonie
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Norway33 Posts
May 12 2013 15:38 GMT
#820
I'm currently playing a bit of World of Tanks on ye olde EU server, and I have a channel up "Team Liquid". Would love to hang out with some of you guys! :D

And I saw Malinovka being mentioned as a crap map, above. I actually really like that, as more often than not (for me anyway), people go where they should, and the games are pretty good. It's so much fun when everything works out.
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings215
SHIN 133
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 600
SHIN 133
Railgan 57
MindelVK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70463
Calm 11058
Rain 2444
Bisu 1660
FanTaSy 848
Stork 559
soO 533
Shuttle 520
Rush 273
Soma 246
[ Show more ]
firebathero 215
Snow 214
Last 194
Light 122
Mind 105
Pusan 73
Sharp 59
Sea.KH 58
hero 47
ToSsGirL 46
Bale 38
Free 36
Trap 34
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Mong 24
zelot 18
Sexy 15
yabsab 15
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8723
Dendi807
Counter-Strike
fl0m1717
byalli972
x6flipin502
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns38746
singsing2216
B2W.Neo654
Pyrionflax257
Trikslyr40
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 87
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis2458
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1294
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
OSC
10h 15m
Replay Cast
10h 15m
OSC
23h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.