• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War175.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11124 users

World of Tanks - Page 20

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 69 Next
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-23 02:50:17
January 23 2011 02:48 GMT
#381
On the US as well, was depressed to see no TL channel and only 2k on playing

EDIT: Also Open Beta is slated for the 27th so maybe that will make it pick up and other TL'ers can join.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
January 28 2011 20:25 GMT
#382
WOT is now in open beta.

Gogo TLers, this game is awesome. ^^
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
January 28 2011 20:28 GMT
#383
open beta woooot

downloading this now
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
February 04 2011 01:53 GMT
#384
Just downloaded this and played about 5 random games. I didn't see any links to guides or anything like in the TL LoL community threads, so I hope you guys don't mind a dumb question.

I begin with 3 basic light tanks. I use some experience to research/unlock the ability to purchase certain parts for those tanks. If I buy any of said parts, can I later use them on other tanks? If so, how do I determine whether or not such parts are compatible with future tanks?
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
February 04 2011 02:23 GMT
#385
You can buy parts that unlocks later research. You can check this by right-clicking on the upgrade to check each part, and see if that upgrade applies to later tanks. Suspensions are always specific to the tank that you play in, so you will have to upgrade that every time you get a new tank.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
February 04 2011 18:16 GMT
#386
Usually the radios are very compatible in between tanks. Very early in the tech tree you get the best radio of the tree so don't be surprised because it's expensive (and don't feel forced to buy one either).
The guns are also compatible with a lot of different tanks, though it only better and better overall.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
February 06 2011 23:23 GMT
#387
Anyone play together? I just got my T-34 so i got a ways to go but seems to be a lot of fun. I assume it'll be more fun with an organized setting
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 03:37:56
February 07 2011 03:13 GMT
#388
Ahhh oh god I don't know if I should play this again.. the grind will be massive!

Wait, did they not wipe? Does this mean they won't wipe at all? Or will they wipe after OB? Most games don't wipe after OB.

I just got my T-34 so i got a ways to go but seems to be a lot of fun.


Greetings brother, You are driving the most influential tank of WW2. Enjoy it
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
February 07 2011 04:34 GMT
#389
Yeah, there should be a hard wipe for the release.
Not wiping after all the free xp thingies they did would be stupid.
According to their schedule, it should happen like late February or early March. I'll probably get a couple of tanks on a US account on top of my main EU account then, so I can play with american TLers.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
February 07 2011 06:18 GMT
#390
On February 07 2011 13:34 tyr wrote:
Yeah, there should be a hard wipe for the release.
Not wiping after all the free xp thingies they did would be stupid.
According to their schedule, it should happen like late February or early March. I'll probably get a couple of tanks on a US account on top of my main EU account then, so I can play with american TLers.



Yeah it's just odd, not many games I've played wipe after open beta. They normally wipe after closed. Oh well.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 09 2011 20:36 GMT
#391
New wallpaper:

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
MarshalMeLee
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada42 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 21:02:40
February 09 2011 21:01 GMT
#392
I played/play this game a bit and it seems decent but far from perfect.

The matchmaking is a headache sometimes, as if you're the lowest tank, you can either bounce shells off your many opponents, or try to scout (both unexciting). Certain tanks like the Hetzer were just plain atrocious (I can deal with slow, but the gun arcs on that thing...). Artillery, "invisible tanks", and the over-effectiveness of camping are all negatives.

Platoons (parties) also seem unnecessarily difficult to get (through subscription) and are limited to only 4 party members.

That said, it is free, the graphics are fine, and the fact that you can play with so many in an online environment relatively lag free (that I noticed) is a major plus. Having certain parts of the tank hit is a good addition as well as the weak spots on certain tanks.

Just my own feelings on the game. I'm not sure if I'll regrind when the reset comes, but its worth a shot.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MarshalMeLee
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
February 09 2011 21:10 GMT
#393
Yeah, all those are commonly known and discussed problems. Pretty much everyone agrees on those and the devs said that they're working on it.

To be honest, there has already been huge improvements on matchmaking since the beginning of the closed beta in July, so I'm confident they can improve it again, though I personally always took it as a challenge to kill better tanks with my small tank, so it didn't really bother me to be matched with tanks I can barely hurt.

Meh, I guess we'll see. I'm confident they can do something good. ^^
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 08:20:26
March 10 2011 08:20 GMT
#394
If I ever get the chance to choose a server again I am choosing Europe.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
March 16 2011 20:45 GMT
#395
Sign up for Clan Battles has started. And once again TL organization screws us once more -.-

http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=7831

Also American Tank Destroyers

http://blog.worldoftanks.com/steel-wall-american-tank-destroyers/

:7

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-18 00:49:08
March 18 2011 00:46 GMT
#396
Release date is April 12th, 2011.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
March 18 2011 02:34 GMT
#397
On March 10 2011 17:20 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
If I ever get the chance to choose a server again I am choosing Europe.


Why is that ? To play with the euros or because the US server has some kind of problem ?

I have to admit I havent played wot in a couple months and I haven't been following at all the scene. I know it's supposed to be released pretty soon and I'll certainly play then, but that's pretty much all I know (stopped playing as soon as I got my Maus lol. Hilarious tank).

Once it's released you'll be able to create another account on the server of your choice. They said it would be possible a while ago. Right now it's not and if I understand correctly, both databases still exist (ie. your account exists on europe but only at the level it was when the server split happened), and if you download and install the EU beta client you should be able to log on there with your normal logs. I may be wrong but it worked for me when I first picked US server because of a misclick. I just downloaded the EU beta client and it worked.

... I kinda wanna play nao.
Mausssss, where are you ? :3
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
March 18 2011 02:35 GMT
#398
On March 18 2011 11:34 tyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 17:20 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
If I ever get the chance to choose a server again I am choosing Europe.


Why is that ? To play with the euros or because the US server has some kind of problem ?

I have to admit I havent played wot in a couple months and I haven't been following at all the scene. I know it's supposed to be released pretty soon and I'll certainly play then, but that's pretty much all I know (stopped playing as soon as I got my Maus lol. Hilarious tank).

Once it's released you'll be able to create another account on the server of your choice. They said it would be possible a while ago. Right now it's not and if I understand correctly, both databases still exist (ie. your account exists on europe but only at the level it was when the server split happened), and if you download and install the EU beta client you should be able to log on there with your normal logs. I may be wrong but it worked for me when I first picked US server because of a misclick. I just downloaded the EU beta client and it worked.

... I kinda wanna play nao.
Mausssss, where are you ? :3


Europe has more players
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
March 18 2011 02:58 GMT
#399
Europe server sucks from everything I've heard.

No one speaks English and it is a huge clustermuck.
What does it matter how I loose it?
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
March 18 2011 03:13 GMT
#400
On March 18 2011 11:58 Percutio wrote:
Europe server sucks from everything I've heard.

No one speaks English and it is a huge clustermuck.


Talking/reading is not necessary to blow up tanks. :3
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 402
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38139
Calm 7285
Bisu 2487
Rain 1431
Jaedong 1036
Horang2 605
BeSt 572
Rush 412
Soma 385
Larva 335
[ Show more ]
Stork 323
Light 281
Zeus 193
ZerO 190
Snow 172
Mind 137
Free 107
910 103
Barracks 82
Killer 60
Sea.KH 50
Mong 48
Hyun 45
Shinee 35
Trap 32
ToSsGirL 31
Terrorterran 28
Pusan 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Rock 20
Aegong 20
sorry 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8580
XaKoH 435
Counter-Strike
fl0m4108
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes488
Other Games
gofns34418
singsing2313
B2W.Neo774
hiko482
Lowko355
Mlord333
Hui .184
Livibee170
DeMusliM158
mouzStarbuck135
djWHEAT112
RotterdaM91
QueenE66
Trikslyr66
Mew2King65
ToD58
KnowMe40
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4221
• Jankos2392
• TFBlade669
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.