• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9463 users

Diablo III General Discussion - Page 230

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 232 1109 Next
jimmyjingle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States472 Posts
August 12 2011 05:40 GMT
#4581
anyway i SERIOUSLY doubt blizzard will go through with the "only online" thing...it defies all reason. understandably it will fight piracy in a new way, it will also alienate a ridiculous percentage of customers who aren't constantly tethered to the internet (diablo is a casual game after all yes?)

look what happened with realid visible names on wow forums, it's certainly possible that the community will push against constant-online mode.

also it hasn't been mentioned, but for this always-online type of system to work as [idealized...], every move, attack or input will have to go through the server to register. this means an incredible amount of delay for a disproportionately simple combat system.
I get brain like a skull
jimmyjingle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States472 Posts
August 12 2011 05:44 GMT
#4582
On August 12 2011 14:37 NotJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 14:31 jimmyjingle wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:58 abominare wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:52 Manit0u wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:48 NotJack wrote:
Every single person who is mad about always-online completely ignores the benefits it gives. Sorry your dial-up can't watch porn while playing D3, enjoy much better performance, load times, additional content, and much better security.


How does playing online-only improve performance is beyond me. I was talking about playing single-player here mostly so I don't give a damn about load times and security. And if additional content means something like Diablo: Hellfire or Diablo II: Lord of Destruction then I'd like to opt-out of it right off the bat.



You remind me of the dark days when I used to work retail. "Why should I have to get XP on my new computer 95 works fine I dont want anything new blah blah blah.

New AAA titles very much have and are continuing to move to an online only format. Players who play online statistically stick with the game longer and that means more potential after sales such as rmt, expansion, dlc purchases. As well as protecting the the software for the developer. If you don't like it too bad go load up your eight-track

sigh so many posts like these in the thread

why are you arguing with his concerns? if that customer gets what he wants, it will in no way affect you. you realize this?


As most of the posts in this conversation shows, it does affect him. If people can play offline, all of the benefits that make always-online a good thing are out the window, and they vastly outnumber the single benefit of mouth breathers being able to play while embarrassing themselves on planes because they can't go three hours without being bad at their barb.

please rephrase. how and why is someone playing offline affecting someone online. also it's completely uncalled for to categorize people like this. especially for the purpose of defending a feature in a video game.
I get brain like a skull
stink123
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States241 Posts
August 12 2011 05:51 GMT
#4583
The problem with the Diablo 2 skill system is that the first time you create a character, he's completely useless because you don't know what skills do what, and if they're good or not. Compounded with the part where skills are most effective when they're maxed out, means that to know if each skill is good, you have to max every skill and try them out.

Or the alternative is to go online, look at someone's guide, see how they've crunched the numbers, and follow it.

This is not playing a game, this is calculating a spreadsheet.

There is no skill or thought to this, there is only trial and error. (Cue Inferno bug, reduces your listed damage by half, cue "Lying Character Screen" where some of the best melee weapons in the game have a puny listed damage)

Blizzard seems to want people to try out the skills in the game, judge whether they like it or not, then put that into their setup. Instead of going online, reading some guides, and following them, or pulling out some spreadsheets, and calculating everything. REVOLUTIONARY!

Who would've thought, Blizzard thinks a game is more fun when you're playing it, rather than calculating spreadsheets to figure out how to play the game?
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
August 12 2011 05:51 GMT
#4584
On August 12 2011 14:40 jimmyjingle wrote:
anyway i SERIOUSLY doubt blizzard will go through with the "only online" thing...it defies all reason. understandably it will fight piracy in a new way, it will also alienate a ridiculous percentage of customers who aren't constantly tethered to the internet (diablo is a casual game after all yes?)

look what happened with realid visible names on wow forums, it's certainly possible that the community will push against constant-online mode.

also it hasn't been mentioned, but for this always-online type of system to work as [idealized...], every move, attack or input will have to go through the server to register. this means an incredible amount of delay for a disproportionately simple combat system.


That is because that was a forum change and if the forum doesn't want a forum change it's kinda pointless to implement it.

When it comes to game changes the feedback really doesn't mean shit because forums barely contain 2% of the playerbase. The entire forum could say " fuck diablo 3" and actually not buy it and they wouldn't notice much.


As for the online thing, how does it alienate the customers? The customers for this game are 1st world people wich tend to have internet.

I really don't get the problem with demanding internet connection to play. Who seriously doesn't have that in this day and age? Even on a laptop there is a damn wi-fi point at ever corner, i would be suprised if you ever lose connection unless you really try.

Demanding internet connection won't do much harm since everyone has internet. Everyone who doesn't have internet probably doesn't have the money to spend on diablo 3 either.

And what does it fix? Hacks that generate items and obliterate the economy of the game.


Seems like a fair trade.
jimmyjingle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States472 Posts
August 12 2011 05:53 GMT
#4585
On August 12 2011 14:51 stink123 wrote:
The problem with the Diablo 2 skill system is that the first time you create a character, he's completely useless because you don't know what skills do what, and if they're good or not. Compounded with the part where skills are most effective when they're maxed out, means that to know if each skill is good, you have to max every skill and try them out.

Or the alternative is to go online, look at someone's guide, see how they've crunched the numbers, and follow it.

This is not playing a game, this is calculating a spreadsheet.

There is no skill or thought to this, there is only trial and error. (Cue Inferno bug, reduces your listed damage by half, cue "Lying Character Screen" where some of the best melee weapons in the game have a puny listed damage)

Blizzard seems to want people to try out the skills in the game, judge whether they like it or not, then put that into their setup. Instead of going online, reading some guides, and following them, or pulling out some spreadsheets, and calculating everything. REVOLUTIONARY!

Who would've thought, Blizzard thinks a game is more fun when you're playing it, rather than calculating spreadsheets to figure out how to play the game?

i agree with the new skill system from what we've seen, but to be fair, figuring out how to optimize your gear and rotation in WoW was pretty fun (if it wasnt in d2) :3
I get brain like a skull
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
August 12 2011 05:54 GMT
#4586
On August 12 2011 14:44 jimmyjingle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 14:37 NotJack wrote:
On August 12 2011 14:31 jimmyjingle wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:58 abominare wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:52 Manit0u wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:48 NotJack wrote:
Every single person who is mad about always-online completely ignores the benefits it gives. Sorry your dial-up can't watch porn while playing D3, enjoy much better performance, load times, additional content, and much better security.


How does playing online-only improve performance is beyond me. I was talking about playing single-player here mostly so I don't give a damn about load times and security. And if additional content means something like Diablo: Hellfire or Diablo II: Lord of Destruction then I'd like to opt-out of it right off the bat.



You remind me of the dark days when I used to work retail. "Why should I have to get XP on my new computer 95 works fine I dont want anything new blah blah blah.

New AAA titles very much have and are continuing to move to an online only format. Players who play online statistically stick with the game longer and that means more potential after sales such as rmt, expansion, dlc purchases. As well as protecting the the software for the developer. If you don't like it too bad go load up your eight-track

sigh so many posts like these in the thread

why are you arguing with his concerns? if that customer gets what he wants, it will in no way affect you. you realize this?


As most of the posts in this conversation shows, it does affect him. If people can play offline, all of the benefits that make always-online a good thing are out the window, and they vastly outnumber the single benefit of mouth breathers being able to play while embarrassing themselves on planes because they can't go three hours without being bad at their barb.

please rephrase. how and why is someone playing offline affecting someone online. also it's completely uncalled for to categorize people like this. especially for the purpose of defending a feature in a video game.


I too cannot see the problem with having those 'mouth breathers', which you and your multiple accounts have made infamous, play on a lonely realm with no chance of player to player interaction. It can be a standalone mod, separate download style as I assume the offline-but-still-online style of sc2 can be abused easily.

On a side note, I like reading into these forums but all I see from you lately is consistent criticism of the same group of individuals and I am rather fed up. pretty sure I quit this thread on account of you but don't quote me.
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 06:03:56
August 12 2011 05:56 GMT
#4587
On August 12 2011 14:44 jimmyjingle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 14:37 NotJack wrote:
On August 12 2011 14:31 jimmyjingle wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:58 abominare wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:52 Manit0u wrote:
On August 12 2011 13:48 NotJack wrote:
Every single person who is mad about always-online completely ignores the benefits it gives. Sorry your dial-up can't watch porn while playing D3, enjoy much better performance, load times, additional content, and much better security.


How does playing online-only improve performance is beyond me. I was talking about playing single-player here mostly so I don't give a damn about load times and security. And if additional content means something like Diablo: Hellfire or Diablo II: Lord of Destruction then I'd like to opt-out of it right off the bat.



You remind me of the dark days when I used to work retail. "Why should I have to get XP on my new computer 95 works fine I dont want anything new blah blah blah.

New AAA titles very much have and are continuing to move to an online only format. Players who play online statistically stick with the game longer and that means more potential after sales such as rmt, expansion, dlc purchases. As well as protecting the the software for the developer. If you don't like it too bad go load up your eight-track

sigh so many posts like these in the thread

why are you arguing with his concerns? if that customer gets what he wants, it will in no way affect you. you realize this?


As most of the posts in this conversation shows, it does affect him. If people can play offline, all of the benefits that make always-online a good thing are out the window, and they vastly outnumber the single benefit of mouth breathers being able to play while embarrassing themselves on planes because they can't go three hours without being bad at their barb.

please rephrase. how and why is someone playing offline affecting someone online. also it's completely uncalled for to categorize people like this. especially for the purpose of defending a feature in a video game.

If you an ounce of ambition in your body to learn about this you could go to any diablo news site or any page in this thread to answer your own question, but you're making a lot of bad posts so I'll spoon feed it to you.

Always-online has many benefits that smart people and many devs from other companies have agreed with such as stopping piracy, hacking, botting, duping, increasing performance, shortening load times, making the game download smaller, making it easier to add content, making it easier to patch.

If you have an offline component, all of those features go away. That is bad, makes me go =(

For all the people angry over this, you're in for a bleak future, because devs are overjoyed that Blizzard is making the big step with this so that it can be okay for all games to follow in their footstep, with random games like Drive: San Francisco doing the same thing now.

Here's the creative director of id (aka someone who is better versed in this discussion than you and I):

"Diablo 3 will make everyone else accept the fact you have to be connected. If you have a juggernaut, you can make change."

“Imagine picking up a game and it’s automatically updated. Or there’s something new you didn’t know about and you didn’t have to click away. It’s all automatically there”.

“There will be a few people who resent the face that you have to be online to play a single player game. But it’ll change.”

Until that day comes, stay strong you nerdy few.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
August 12 2011 05:57 GMT
#4588
On August 12 2011 14:40 jimmyjingle wrote:
anyway i SERIOUSLY doubt blizzard will go through with the "only online" thing...it defies all reason. understandably it will fight piracy in a new way, it will also alienate a ridiculous percentage of customers who aren't constantly tethered to the internet (diablo is a casual game after all yes?)

look what happened with realid visible names on wow forums, it's certainly possible that the community will push against constant-online mode.

also it hasn't been mentioned, but for this always-online type of system to work as [idealized...], every move, attack or input will have to go through the server to register. this means an incredible amount of delay for a disproportionately simple combat system.


I SERIOUSLY doubt most of the community will even, or does, care. It will suck for those who have a bad wireless connection or need a lot of bandwidth becaus they're constantly dling shit (*cough* porn *cough*) but for the rest of us it won't matter. I'm going to have a char that I only play in my own private games so I will still get that single player experience.

Incredible amount of delay? Stop exaggerating.

Anyways, Penny Arcade:

[image loading]
abominare
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1216 Posts
August 12 2011 06:00 GMT
#4589
On August 12 2011 14:40 jimmyjingle wrote:
anyway i SERIOUSLY doubt blizzard will go through with the "only online" thing...it defies all reason. understandably it will fight piracy in a new way, it will also alienate a ridiculous percentage of customers who aren't constantly tethered to the internet (diablo is a casual game after all yes?)

look what happened with realid visible names on wow forums, it's certainly possible that the community will push against constant-online mode.

also it hasn't been mentioned, but for this always-online type of system to work as [idealized...], every move, attack or input will have to go through the server to register. this means an incredible amount of delay for a disproportionately simple combat system.


It won't go back on their online only, because A. it makes better business sense and b. they dont want another couple years of development to make it work offline. It wasn't coded to work that way its literally from the ground up to work online.

I'm tired of waiting for this game! If they were ever convinced I would hunt all you give us offline people down and write some very harshly written letters!

Seriously though, all the monster data, maps, items, and ai are written to pull from the server it would be a nightmare to start all over and re debug it. So no, not going to happen for a such a miniscule group that would actually not buy over this.

Like some one posted earlier the benefit to the player result in the fact that because they'll be more likely to play the game longer (and buy future content/services) blizzard will be way more inclined to continue general upkeep in the forms of patches which are notorious for eating into profits as well even the side content that would be added between expansions.
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
August 12 2011 06:02 GMT
#4590
why are people complaining about the online thing, its so trivial.. everyone has internet these days, and d3 isn't meant to be a singleplayer game anyway

I'm not sure if I said this before, but there's two things that worry me:
1) auction houses - could be good or bad.
2) you reach the maximum level (60) as soon as you beat the game - this is bad!
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 06:10:20
August 12 2011 06:05 GMT
#4591
Still acting like a jackass? TL:DR :/ People say D3 is impossible to mod, and I don't know much about modding but I feel it would be easy to take the game and recreate the realm alone. I mean, why the fuck not right?<- That should in no way affect d3 online as whole. Probably wouldn't even take long to do once a method to recreate it was found. So why shouldn't blizzard do it first?

On the other hand, if you were playing d3 SP but still connected to friends I can see a possible problem. People who want SP don't give a shit about friends list. They just want to click on demons with absolutely no connection to the real world and real people, where is the problem? And how could that lead to an insecure system? Whilst Not being a Jackass, I would love to read your response.

On August 12 2011 15:00 abominare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 14:40 jimmyjingle wrote:
anyway i SERIOUSLY doubt blizzard will go through with the "only online" thing...it defies all reason. understandably it will fight piracy in a new way, it will also alienate a ridiculous percentage of customers who aren't constantly tethered to the internet (diablo is a casual game after all yes?)

look what happened with realid visible names on wow forums, it's certainly possible that the community will push against constant-online mode.

also it hasn't been mentioned, but for this always-online type of system to work as [idealized...], every move, attack or input will have to go through the server to register. this means an incredible amount of delay for a disproportionately simple combat system.


It won't go back on their online only, because A. it makes better business sense and b. they dont want another couple years of development to make it work offline. It wasn't coded to work that way its literally from the ground up to work online.

I'm tired of waiting for this game! If they were ever convinced I would hunt all you give us offline people down and write some very harshly written letters!

Seriously though, all the monster data, maps, items, and ai are written to pull from the server it would be a nightmare to start all over and re debug it. So no, not going to happen for a such a miniscule group that would actually not buy over this.

Like some one posted earlier the benefit to the player result in the fact that because they'll be more likely to play the game longer (and buy future content/services) blizzard will be way more inclined to continue general upkeep in the forms of patches which are notorious for eating into profits as well even the side content that would be added between expansions.

Edit: fair enough. Still, more questions arise. Why not make a rough copy of the "monster data, maps, items, and ai" ship them to some guys PC and he reuses them over and over? This theoretical off-line caveman doesn't want updates on the ai, new content, buyable items. He's in a cave.

EDitedit: perhaps the Caveman physically having that data is a potential compromise in the system but surely one may hijack this info from blizzard if they wanted/had the means?
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
August 12 2011 06:08 GMT
#4592
On August 12 2011 15:02 Assault_1 wrote:
why are people complaining about the online thing, its so trivial.. everyone has internet these days, and d3 isn't meant to be a singleplayer game anyway

I'm not sure if I said this before, but there's two things that worry me:
1) auction houses - could be good or bad.
2) you reach the maximum level (60) as soon as you beat the game - this is bad!


Just because you reach max level does not mean there is any less content for you to do. It D2, the leveling was kind of the flaw. There needs to be some sort of end game you can do, and that should only be done at max level. I feel this is neccesary.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 06:11:17
August 12 2011 06:10 GMT
#4593
On August 12 2011 15:05 Puph wrote:
Still acting like a jackass? TL:DR :/ People say D3 is impossible to mod, and I don't know much about modding but I feel it would be easy to take the game and recreate the realm alone. I mean, why the fuck not right?<- That should in no way affect d3 online as whole. Probably wouldn't even take long to do once a method to recreate it was found. So why shouldn't blizzard do it first?

On the other hand, if you were playing d3 SP but still connected to friends I can see a possible problem. People who want SP don't give a shit about friends list. They just want to click on demons with absolutely no connection to the real world and real people, where is the problem? And how could that lead to an insecure system? Whilst Not being a Jackass, I would love to read your response.


I'm assuming you're talking to me, although I've already answered your question multiple times.

When a game in online-only, consumers don't have access to all the game's files, which is why it helps security so much. Your air-tight argument that people only want SP to have fun and not to fuck with the game ignores that other type of SP player, which is specifically what Blizzard is preventing with online-only.

I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you, but if you had a good argument I wouldn't be acting this way.
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
August 12 2011 06:16 GMT
#4594
On August 12 2011 15:10 NotJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 15:05 Puph wrote:
Still acting like a jackass? TL:DR :/ People say D3 is impossible to mod, and I don't know much about modding but I feel it would be easy to take the game and recreate the realm alone. I mean, why the fuck not right?<- That should in no way affect d3 online as whole. Probably wouldn't even take long to do once a method to recreate it was found. So why shouldn't blizzard do it first?

On the other hand, if you were playing d3 SP but still connected to friends I can see a possible problem. People who want SP don't give a shit about friends list. They just want to click on demons with absolutely no connection to the real world and real people, where is the problem? And how could that lead to an insecure system? Whilst Not being a Jackass, I would love to read your response.


I'm assuming you're talking to me, although I've already answered your question multiple times.

When a game in online-only, consumers don't have access to all the game's files, which is why it helps security so much. Your air-tight argument that people only want SP to have fun and not to fuck with the game ignores that other type of SP player, which is specifically what Blizzard is preventing with online-only.

I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you, but if you had a good argument I wouldn't be acting this way.


Glad you put finally put on the man pants.
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 12 2011 06:17 GMT
#4595
On August 12 2011 15:16 Puph wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 15:10 NotJack wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:05 Puph wrote:
Still acting like a jackass? TL:DR :/ People say D3 is impossible to mod, and I don't know much about modding but I feel it would be easy to take the game and recreate the realm alone. I mean, why the fuck not right?<- That should in no way affect d3 online as whole. Probably wouldn't even take long to do once a method to recreate it was found. So why shouldn't blizzard do it first?

On the other hand, if you were playing d3 SP but still connected to friends I can see a possible problem. People who want SP don't give a shit about friends list. They just want to click on demons with absolutely no connection to the real world and real people, where is the problem? And how could that lead to an insecure system? Whilst Not being a Jackass, I would love to read your response.


I'm assuming you're talking to me, although I've already answered your question multiple times.

When a game in online-only, consumers don't have access to all the game's files, which is why it helps security so much. Your air-tight argument that people only want SP to have fun and not to fuck with the game ignores that other type of SP player, which is specifically what Blizzard is preventing with online-only.

I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you, but if you had a good argument I wouldn't be acting this way.


Glad you put finally put on the man pants.


Now I'm creeped out
jimmyjingle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States472 Posts
August 12 2011 06:19 GMT
#4596
i just want to play my lvl 14 barb on the flight to grandmas ;_;
I get brain like a skull
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
August 12 2011 06:29 GMT
#4597
On August 12 2011 15:19 jimmyjingle wrote:
i just want to play my lvl 14 barb on the flight to grandmas ;_;


You can. Just boot up Diablo 2. Problem solved.


And the amount of ignorance and illogical arguments in this thread is overwhelming. I can't even read most of these posts without facepalming. Thank god NotJack is replying to all of these.... misinformed people.

I really can't believe that some of you even have the ability to get on the internet, or live a life with some of the supposed "arguments" I've seen here. Most of it's just personal preference, and I've said before in this thread... if you think Diablo 3 is going to suck, don't buy it. Simple enough.

This reminds me of Starcraft 2 before it came out. All of these people were complaining about this and that, claiming that SC2 was going to be terrible, and that there's no way it will ever be as strategic as BW. That ALWAYS BEING CONNECTED TO BATTLE.NET WITH NO LAN will NEVER WORK AND PEOPLE WON'T BUY THE GAME.


Now we're here, having the same discussion about Diablo 3. Huh......
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
August 12 2011 06:34 GMT
#4598
On August 12 2011 15:17 NotJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 15:16 Puph wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:10 NotJack wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:05 Puph wrote:
Still acting like a jackass? TL:DR :/ People say D3 is impossible to mod, and I don't know much about modding but I feel it would be easy to take the game and recreate the realm alone. I mean, why the fuck not right?<- That should in no way affect d3 online as whole. Probably wouldn't even take long to do once a method to recreate it was found. So why shouldn't blizzard do it first?

On the other hand, if you were playing d3 SP but still connected to friends I can see a possible problem. People who want SP don't give a shit about friends list. They just want to click on demons with absolutely no connection to the real world and real people, where is the problem? And how could that lead to an insecure system? Whilst Not being a Jackass, I would love to read your response.


I'm assuming you're talking to me, although I've already answered your question multiple times.

When a game in online-only, consumers don't have access to all the game's files, which is why it helps security so much. Your air-tight argument that people only want SP to have fun and not to fuck with the game ignores that other type of SP player, which is specifically what Blizzard is preventing with online-only.

I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you, but if you had a good argument I wouldn't be acting this way.


Glad you put finally put on the man pants.


Now I'm creeped out


hahaha gawld!

On August 12 2011 15:29 hoby2000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 15:19 jimmyjingle wrote:
i just want to play my lvl 14 barb on the flight to grandmas ;_;


You can. Just boot up Diablo 2. Problem solved.


And the amount of ignorance and illogical arguments in this thread is overwhelming. I can't even read most of these posts without facepalming. Thank god NotJack is replying to all of these.... misinformed people.

I really can't believe that some of you even have the ability to get on the internet, or live a life with some of the supposed "arguments" I've seen here. Most of it's just personal preference, and I've said before in this thread... if you think Diablo 3 is going to suck, don't buy it. Simple enough.

This reminds me of Starcraft 2 before it came out. All of these people were complaining about this and that, claiming that SC2 was going to be terrible, and that there's no way it will ever be as strategic as BW. That ALWAYS BEING CONNECTED TO BATTLE.NET WITH NO LAN will NEVER WORK AND PEOPLE WON'T BUY THE GAME.


Now we're here, having the same discussion about Diablo 3. Huh......


honestly man I cant help myself. I don't have my lod disk and most likely not even my d2 play disc...but I somehow have the digital copy of everything. Diablo is off the table for me right now and I feel like IM STUCK IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTIONMNN

man i need some action rts with heavy role playing elements in me.. cry
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
August 12 2011 06:36 GMT
#4599
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?
Greymhain
Profile Joined August 2011
Turkey6 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 06:56:32
August 12 2011 06:56 GMT
#4600
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?


The reason Diablo 3 requires permanent online connection is that Blizzard wants to make the game impossible to pirate for a long, long amount of time. Everything is stored serverside, like Guild Wars, or, more distantly, WoW. Seeing that WoW does not have any good unofficial servers, I do not expect Diablo 3 to be fun and playable if you do not pay for it.

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 232 1109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1074
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings194
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
CosmosSc2 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50859
Shuttle 10789
FanTaSy 1428
Hyuk 928
Horang2 466
BeSt 424
EffOrt 243
Stork 200
Last 197
Soma 135
[ Show more ]
Zeus 133
Pusan 127
Mind 116
hero 86
ggaemo 73
Hyun 72
Killer 66
Sea.KH 62
Snow 51
sorry 50
Hm[arnc] 46
PianO 37
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 27
Aegong 26
Sexy 23
JYJ 18
zelot 18
NaDa 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Rock 3
Icarus 3
Dota 2
qojqva1423
Dendi1227
Gorgc951
XcaliburYe339
Counter-Strike
fl0m2669
x6flipin503
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu482
Khaldor227
Other Games
gofns38047
B2W.Neo959
byalli629
Beastyqt383
Livibee182
Hui .177
Mlord118
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick660
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream60
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2235
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 52m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 52m
Replay Cast
9h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 52m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.