• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7583 users

Diablo III General Discussion - Page 231

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 229 230 231 232 233 1109 Next
Holcan
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2593 Posts
August 12 2011 06:56 GMT
#4601
On August 12 2011 09:41 Assault_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 09:30 magicmUnky wrote:
Sooo.... I'm kinda keen to go back and play diablo 1 or 2... are they worth it? Anything a newb should know in particular for Diablo 1?

I played it when I was a kid and haven't looked at it since... any tips?


just play diablo 2/LOD and read diablo 1 story.. d1 has a nice atmosphere but is really slow-paced. It might give you a bad impression.

pfft, no way, the acts in diablo one were way better. Act 3 was quite possibly my favourite diablo act of all time. And the butcher? Don't you remember your friends telling you about their epic fight with the butcher? classic.
Reference The Inadvertant Joey, Strong talented orchastrasted intelligent character.
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 07:01:27
August 12 2011 07:00 GMT
#4602
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

It is under general assumption that will be impossible, and that if it does somehow become possible it will compromise the safety of the system. My problem is that they went full-on with the RMAH and all its advantages, how they brought the third party to the first. The fact is, they left out a crucial factor of Diablo that will without doubt lead to 3rd parties working on a crack, like you mentioned. Totally turned off, thats all it is. I feel like I am being robbed of all foreplay, regardless of the fact that I just doubled the speed and bandwith of my shitty quebec internet for 11 dollars more.

Edit: To clarify, I feel like blizzard fucked me in the most beautiful way I can think of.
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Corr
Profile Joined January 2009
Denmark796 Posts
August 12 2011 08:29 GMT
#4603
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 08:39:47
August 12 2011 08:37 GMT
#4604
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
August 12 2011 09:06 GMT
#4605
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D
okinoki
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany103 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 09:11:01
August 12 2011 09:08 GMT
#4606
On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/



My work is 500m from that place and since I dont visit the Gamescom show this year, I gonna check out their booth at Rudolfplatz. :-)

Giev Diablo 3!

Edit: fixed typo
Stephano • July • Jaedong • TLO
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
August 12 2011 09:18 GMT
#4607
On August 12 2011 18:06 Serpico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D

One can only hope. There must be something going on though. I mean, they didn't go to E3 (right?) and originally they weren't going to go to Gamescon either.

"Increase exposure for their beta" seems like such a weird thing to say about Diablo3. I mean, it's Blizzard and it's Diablo 3. The thing will hype itself.
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
vlf
Profile Joined April 2010
Portugal170 Posts
August 12 2011 09:20 GMT
#4608
People are reading too much into the usual Blizz hype machine.

There's no way they'll be announcing D3's release at Gamescon with Blizzcon just around the corner.
çpç
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 09:21:00
August 12 2011 09:20 GMT
#4609
On August 12 2011 18:18 NeoLearner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:06 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D

One can only hope. There must be something going on though. I mean, they didn't go to E3 (right?) and originally they weren't going to go to Gamescon either.

"Increase exposure for their beta" seems like such a weird thing to say about Diablo3. I mean, it's Blizzard and it's Diablo 3. The thing will hype itself.

Would make people forget about any controversy about RMAH
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 09:51:04
August 12 2011 09:35 GMT
#4610
On August 12 2011 18:20 vlf wrote:
People are reading too much into the usual Blizz hype machine.

There's no way they'll be announcing D3's release at Gamescon with Blizzcon just around the corner.

D3's release is still a long ways off, Beta would be nice already. Remember though, they gave the "Q3 2011" date for Beta quite a lot already. They're going to need to meet it or risk a hit on their stock. And Blizzcon is not in Q3 2011 anymore (It's close though...).

EDIT:
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/events/gamescom2011-activities.html

Hmmm. Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary though. They do have some big names for the introduction and Jay himself is there for the D3 part but I guess those guys are always there when they do something like this?

On August 12 2011 18:20 Serpico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:18 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 18:06 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D

One can only hope. There must be something going on though. I mean, they didn't go to E3 (right?) and originally they weren't going to go to Gamescon either.

"Increase exposure for their beta" seems like such a weird thing to say about Diablo3. I mean, it's Blizzard and it's Diablo 3. The thing will hype itself.

Would make people forget about any controversy about RMAH

Doesn't controversy equal hype. Or at least coverage?
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
Me1234
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany219 Posts
August 12 2011 09:48 GMT
#4611
On August 12 2011 18:18 NeoLearner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:06 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D

One can only hope. There must be something going on though. I mean, they didn't go to E3 (right?) and originally they weren't going to go to Gamescon either.

"Increase exposure for their beta" seems like such a weird thing to say about Diablo3. I mean, it's Blizzard and it's Diablo 3. The thing will hype itself.


what do you mean, they werent going to go to gamescom either?

blizzard has always been at gamescom and afaik there were no news saying they were not planning to go to gamescom
Uhm?
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 09:51:07
August 12 2011 09:49 GMT
#4612
I hated the D2 storyline and progression. I played it alot, but thinking back going through these acts if you couldnt get a rush was a huge chore. This was my thoughts until I played through the Hell Unleashed mod and private server. Flawless progression through the acts and difficulties, great difficulty shift, and overall how D2 should have been. I'm glad that Diablo 3 will have you reach max level when you finish Hell. And if the 4th difficulty is not a rumor, for max level characters, that will be a great addition and great for some max level content. It's kinda necessary to have max level content if during act progression you make max level and I feel that an additional difficulty would fill that role perfectly, this would be something they could balance and make quite a challenge. I hope thats not a rumor.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
August 12 2011 09:51 GMT
#4613
On August 12 2011 18:20 vlf wrote:
People are reading too much into the usual Blizz hype machine.

There's no way they'll be announcing D3's release at Gamescon with Blizzcon just around the corner.

Release? we are talking about launching beta. They wont announce any release, not even at blizzcon. its too early in beta by then.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
August 12 2011 09:51 GMT
#4614
On August 12 2011 18:35 NeoLearner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:20 vlf wrote:
People are reading too much into the usual Blizz hype machine.

There's no way they'll be announcing D3's release at Gamescon with Blizzcon just around the corner.

D3's release is still a long ways off, Beta would be nice already. Remember though, they gave the "Q3 2011" date for Beta quite a lot already. They're going to need to meet it or risk a hit on their stock. And Blizzcon is not in Q3 2011 anymore (It's close though...).

EDIT:
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/events/gamescom2011-activities.html

Hmmm. Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary though. They do have some big names for the introduction and Jay himself is there for the D3 part but I guess those guys are always there when they do something like this?

Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:20 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 18:18 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 18:06 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D

One can only hope. There must be something going on though. I mean, they didn't go to E3 (right?) and originally they weren't going to go to Gamescon either.

"Increase exposure for their beta" seems like such a weird thing to say about Diablo3. I mean, it's Blizzard and it's Diablo 3. The thing will hype itself.

Would make people forget about any controversy about RMAH

Doesn't controversy equal hype. Or at least coverage?

Depends if blizzard thinks it gave off negative vibes I guess.
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
August 12 2011 09:54 GMT
#4615
On August 12 2011 18:48 Me1234 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:18 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 18:06 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D

One can only hope. There must be something going on though. I mean, they didn't go to E3 (right?) and originally they weren't going to go to Gamescon either.

"Increase exposure for their beta" seems like such a weird thing to say about Diablo3. I mean, it's Blizzard and it's Diablo 3. The thing will hype itself.


what do you mean, they werent going to go to gamescom either?

blizzard has always been at gamescom and afaik there were no news saying they were not planning to go to gamescom

They have been skipping E3 for a few years so I for one was never certain Blizzard would show up anywhere expect at Blizzcon itself.

As for gamescon:
http://www.d3sanc.com/blizzard/blizzard-will-be-at-gamescom-2011-diablo-3-will-not/
They were going but it wasn't sure if they were bringing a D3 party or not. Especially the fact if D3 would be playable there or not was a bit of a mystery.
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17847 Posts
August 12 2011 13:38 GMT
#4616
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
The reason Diablo 3 requires permanent online connection is that Blizzard wants to make the game impossible to pirate for a long, long amount of time. Everything is stored serverside, like Guild Wars, or, more distantly, WoW. Seeing that WoW does not have any good unofficial servers, I do not expect Diablo 3 to be fun and playable if you do not pay for it.

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however.


It took 3 days after release for people to provide a cracked copy of SC2 (so you could at least play the campaign if you wanted to). And I don't know about others but for me Diablo is primarily a single-player game with multi-player being just a bonus I use very rarely.

On August 12 2011 15:29 hoby2000 wrote:
This reminds me of Starcraft 2 before it came out. All of these people were complaining about this and that, claiming that SC2 was going to be terrible, and that there's no way it will ever be as strategic as BW. That ALWAYS BEING CONNECTED TO BATTLE.NET WITH NO LAN will NEVER WORK AND PEOPLE WON'T BUY THE GAME.


Now we're here, having the same discussion about Diablo 3. Huh......


Before SC2 was released I used to be one of the few people defending it (3D, multiple-building selection blahblah). After Beta was released I started to have my doubts. When retail hit the shelves I didn't bother with the game any more and didn't buy it. There's one case for you.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 14:03:28
August 12 2011 14:00 GMT
#4617
On August 12 2011 18:20 vlf wrote:
There's no way they'll be announcing D3's release at Gamescon with Blizzcon just around the corner.

Blizzcon is in two months, dude. Beta will have started by then for sure.

edit -- Neo, that link is two months old.
here: http://www.diablofans.com/news/870-gamescom-event/
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
xarthaz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1704 Posts
August 12 2011 14:02 GMT
#4618
On August 12 2011 18:35 NeoLearner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:20 vlf wrote:
People are reading too much into the usual Blizz hype machine.

There's no way they'll be announcing D3's release at Gamescon with Blizzcon just around the corner.

D3's release is still a long ways off, Beta would be nice already. Remember though, they gave the "Q3 2011" date for Beta quite a lot already. They're going to need to meet it or risk a hit on their stock. And Blizzcon is not in Q3 2011 anymore (It's close though...).

EDIT:
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/events/gamescom2011-activities.html

Hmmm. Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary though. They do have some big names for the introduction and Jay himself is there for the D3 part but I guess those guys are always there when they do something like this?

Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 18:20 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 18:18 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 18:06 Serpico wrote:
On August 12 2011 17:37 NeoLearner wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:56 Greymhain wrote:
On August 12 2011 15:36 Assault_1 wrote:
for the people who want to play offline, why not just download a cracked version of it as a second copy?

I do not really understand why people want to play a multiplayer game offline, however. Do people really find time to play games while flying? Do people want to play Guild Wars while flying? Seems like an extremely borderline example to me.

Don't understand the flying thing either. The seats in economy seem way to cramped to actually put and play a laptop. And if you are in business you got an internet connection. or the money to have one dialed up through your portable phone.

it would only bother me if I lived in a place that has a bad internet connection or people that play on a laptop with a bad wifi connection. if you drop constantly it's going to be impossible to play.
I'll probably be pissed off like once or twice a year, whenever my internet provider decides to screw up my connection and I'm unable to play. I'll just make sure I have a copy of Torchlight (or Torchlight 2) lying around to play that instead.

On August 12 2011 17:29 Corr wrote:
TL missed this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/jg619/blizzard_hints_at_aug_16th_release_date_for/

I thought that was just their way of saying (hyping) they're going to attend Gamescon after all?

Would increase exposure for their beta if it coincided wouldnt it? :D

One can only hope. There must be something going on though. I mean, they didn't go to E3 (right?) and originally they weren't going to go to Gamescon either.

"Increase exposure for their beta" seems like such a weird thing to say about Diablo3. I mean, it's Blizzard and it's Diablo 3. The thing will hype itself.

Would make people forget about any controversy about RMAH

Doesn't controversy equal hype. Or at least coverage?
losing stock value because of delays doesnt matter. what matters is the sales. they are the ultimate source of company value, those are what must be the highest priority.
Aah thats the stuff..
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 12 2011 16:12 GMT
#4619
Blizzard really needs to provide me with a way to play the game while I'm on the toilet, or I won't be purchasing their game.
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
August 12 2011 16:16 GMT
#4620
A laptop with wireless is the choice for you!
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Prev 1 229 230 231 232 233 1109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1541
WardiTV885
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8090
Bisu 2684
FanTaSy 2619
Jaedong 1579
Shuttle 1400
Horang2 671
EffOrt 519
BeSt 434
Stork 328
actioN 323
[ Show more ]
Larva 322
Mini 254
Mind 111
Barracks 104
Zeus 103
910 95
Sea.KH 70
Snow 67
Mong 57
hero 40
ToSsGirL 38
Sexy 31
Bale 30
Shinee 29
soO 27
Killer 26
sorry 26
JYJ 24
Aegong 22
Yoon 22
Free 19
HiyA 18
Shine 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 8
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc4826
qojqva1983
Dendi1041
febbydoto33
Counter-Strike
fl0m1716
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko473
Other Games
singsing2714
olofmeister1153
hiko1058
B2W.Neo709
Livibee650
crisheroes339
XaKoH 290
XBOCT233
Pyrionflax216
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX170
QueenE59
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2601
• Jankos2070
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 17m
Replay Cast
9h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.