• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7463 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 833

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 831 832 833 834 835 1431 Next
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
September 07 2010 19:16 GMT
#16641
If I get Nasus solo top, and my allies don't completely fail their lanes, I win like 90% of the time. Best champ.
it's my first day
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
September 07 2010 19:19 GMT
#16642
The only saving grace for cdr runes is basically that at the 40% cap for Kayle it makes E last just as long as the cooldown(at lvl 5). I'm not sure of other champions that have a skill sync up like that where the minimal(6%) difference can become meaningful.

With that said, I don't have my cdr runes on any page anymore, mres/lvl too good(considering ap/lvl for caster page, but trying to buy more champs to fulfill my champ ADD).
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Zanzabar Haberdasher
Profile Joined July 2010
United States510 Posts
September 07 2010 19:19 GMT
#16643
I live and die by Armor Pen Reds/Mp5 Blue/Mp5 Quint/Flat HP quints on most heroes.


Is full Armor Pen viable for anyone? I would love it on Panth if he wasn't so damned mana hungry. Kat, maybe?
I have a very unique name.
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
September 07 2010 19:20 GMT
#16644
I use CDR on my heimer page because between the CDR blues and quints + talents + his ult I hit max CDR without ever needing an item which gives it. This helps me free up blue buff for another player earlier in the game (once I no longer need it for mana regen) and many casters of junglers can benefit from being able to spam their skills more often.

The thing about CDR is having a little of it is useless, while getting a bunch is hugely significant.

Movespeed Quints I feel are useful on anyone who would buy boots of mobility or +3 boots (Singed, Shaco, Teemo, some jungle-wicks etc.) and I feel that are a strong (albeit not required) choice on any jungler because it lets you get where you need to be faster which can be very important (not to mention, since you are always moving, it will help you jungle marginally faster).
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
September 07 2010 19:22 GMT
#16645
Kat does magic damage.. armor pen doesn't seem very useful.

I noticed I have been doing a lot better since going in to armor pen quints, move speed quints, attack speed quints and flat ap quints instead of health quints.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
September 07 2010 19:22 GMT
#16646
New Garen skin wtf lol

[image loading]


Others are pretty boss though:

[image loading]


[image loading]
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
Zanzabar Haberdasher
Profile Joined July 2010
United States510 Posts
September 07 2010 19:25 GMT
#16647
Hm.. I wonder how big that Veigar model is going to be. Any in game shots available?
I have a very unique name.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
September 07 2010 19:25 GMT
#16648
so is viegar gandalf now?
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
September 07 2010 19:29 GMT
#16649
Quick question.

Health or armor yellows? Opinions for junglers and tanks (also other suggestions are welcome).

I feel like health is better since it benefits both physical and magic damage and armor is easier to get then health
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
September 07 2010 19:31 GMT
#16650
I'm spending everything on 15 ip teir one marks and combining up - haven't bought a single higher level rune. Actually it's working pretty well so far.

On September 08 2010 04:22 Niton wrote:
[image loading]


haha, that's hilarious
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 07 2010 19:37 GMT
#16651
On September 08 2010 04:19 Zanzabar Haberdasher wrote:
I live and die by Armor Pen Reds/Mp5 Blue/Mp5 Quint/Flat HP quints on most heroes.


Is full Armor Pen viable for anyone? I would love it on Panth if he wasn't so damned mana hungry. Kat, maybe?


You can only get Armor Pen on Marks and Quints iirc, so yea, full Armor Pen on Pantheon. ArPen on Marks and Quints, Mana Regen per level on Seals and Glyphs.

On September 08 2010 04:20 STS17 wrote:
I use CDR on my heimer page because between the CDR blues and quints + talents + his ult I hit max CDR without ever needing an item which gives it. This helps me free up blue buff for another player earlier in the game (once I no longer need it for mana regen) and many casters of junglers can benefit from being able to spam their skills more often.


I... I don't... I don't understand... Not need mana... as Heimer? What is this... I don't even...

On September 08 2010 04:29 STS17 wrote:
Quick question.

Health or armor yellows? Opinions for junglers and tanks (also other suggestions are welcome).

I feel like health is better since it benefits both physical and magic damage and armor is easier to get then health

Armor is better on Junglers. Armor Seals + Cloth Armor + 14 in defensive masteries is like cheating at jungling, it's so fucking easy, lol.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
September 07 2010 19:48 GMT
#16652
Wow, first time i actually like all of the new announced skins O.o
rkarhu
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Finland570 Posts
September 07 2010 19:54 GMT
#16653
The problem I have with Nasus is that when farming, I just use SF which usually means i get the whole wave without leveling my Qs damage (by getting lasthits). How do you solve this? Just forego SF farming and lasthit every wave using Q? I skill nasus QEEWEREWEQRQQQWRWW.
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
September 07 2010 19:56 GMT
#16654
Does poppy's Q crit? I've had instances of me doing exactly double the damage I should have.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Pakje
Profile Joined March 2009
Belgium288 Posts
September 07 2010 19:57 GMT
#16655
What do you guys think about flat armor seals on warwick?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 07 2010 20:00 GMT
#16656
On September 08 2010 04:54 rkarhu wrote:
The problem I have with Nasus is that when farming, I just use SF which usually means i get the whole wave without leveling my Qs damage (by getting lasthits). How do you solve this? Just forego SF farming and lasthit every wave using Q? I skill nasus QEEWEREWEQRQQQWRWW.

Don't get over lvl 2 Soulfire until the very end. It will leave caster minions with a sliver of health.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
September 07 2010 20:02 GMT
#16657
Nasus is definitely an odd hero. I prefer to play him as a tank, partially because he is then 'always' useful, as you can take almost anyone on 1v1 anyways when you pop your ulti. As well as being very useful in team fights as you are too dangerous not to focus early in the fight, but take a lot to take down.
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
September 07 2010 20:12 GMT
#16658
On September 08 2010 04:31 UniversalSnip wrote:
I'm spending everything on 15 ip teir one marks and combining up - haven't bought a single higher level rune. Actually it's working pretty well so far.

Show nested quote +
On September 08 2010 04:22 Niton wrote:
[image loading]


haha, that's hilarious

this + anivia => the lord of the ring? :D
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 07 2010 20:12 GMT
#16659
So I've started thinking pretty hard about what to do post-kill on solo lanes before first bluepill. Last night I was up again Dubu's Kass mid with Panth. I scored a hard fought kill fairly early (level 4ish, first blood) and I just did my standard freefarming post-kill. Dubu teleports back to the lane and since I'm exhausted on HP Pots and up agaist a Kass with boots, d-ring, and 2 hp pots as just boots on Panth, I stick around, but just play really passively. Long story short, I end up getting tower dove as he dings 6 and unleashes full combo + ignite on me. Between the passive play on my part (freefarming for him) and the kill gold, he completely caught up to me and I basically turned an advantage for myself into a wash by sticking around on the lane and accomplishing nothing...

So it's got me thinking... why do I stay on the lane that long post kill? Shouldn't I just push the current creep wave to get as much exp and gold as I can in a 10-20 second period, back, and buy appropriate items to stay ahead? As much as level advantage helps, unless I'm still sitting on some HP pots and really zoning the hell out of them, aren't I better off using my gold advantage quickly to stay ahead of my opposition and not letting them get any leverage whatsoever to turn the lane around? Especially mid this seems like the right thing to do because you can call your jungler over to get some free solo exp (in this instance, at a period where the jungle is relatively dry too...).

I dunno, just felt like throwing this out there as it's been on my mind since that game... don't be stubborn about backing after early kills. Maintaining item advantage by backing is safer and typically better than getting those extra 30 seconds of freefarm. I could've been up boots + long sword + null mantle + 3 hp pots vs. d-ring + boots + 2 hp pots, but my subbornness undid my strong early play.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
September 07 2010 20:17 GMT
#16660
On September 08 2010 05:12 Mogwai wrote:
So I've started thinking pretty hard about what to do post-kill on solo lanes before first bluepill. Last night I was up again Dubu's Kass mid with Panth. I scored a hard fought kill fairly early (level 4ish, first blood) and I just did my standard freefarming post-kill. Dubu teleports back to the lane and since I'm exhausted on HP Pots and up agaist a Kass with boots, d-ring, and 2 hp pots as just boots on Panth, I stick around, but just play really passively. Long story short, I end up getting tower dove as he dings 6 and unleashes full combo + ignite on me. Between the passive play on my part (freefarming for him) and the kill gold, he completely caught up to me and I basically turned an advantage for myself into a wash by sticking around on the lane and accomplishing nothing...

So it's got me thinking... why do I stay on the lane that long post kill? Shouldn't I just push the current creep wave to get as much exp and gold as I can in a 10-20 second period, back, and buy appropriate items to stay ahead? As much as level advantage helps, unless I'm still sitting on some HP pots and really zoning the hell out of them, aren't I better off using my gold advantage quickly to stay ahead of my opposition and not letting them get any leverage whatsoever to turn the lane around? Especially mid this seems like the right thing to do because you can call your jungler over to get some free solo exp (in this instance, at a period where the jungle is relatively dry too...).

I dunno, just felt like throwing this out there as it's been on my mind since that game... don't be stubborn about backing after early kills. Maintaining item advantage by backing is safer and typically better than getting those extra 30 seconds of freefarm. I could've been up boots + long sword + null mantle + 3 hp pots vs. d-ring + boots + 2 hp pots, but my subbornness undid my strong early play.
i usually push the current wave into tower as fast as possible so he doesn't get exp when he comes back and bluepill immediately after. the wave is usually reset by then so its back to stage 1 except you have more items. this happens against me too most of the time as well.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Prev 1 831 832 833 834 835 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 276
Nina 133
ViBE62
SpeCial 36
Nathanias 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12315
Artosis 450
NaDa 32
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever268
febbydoto31
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox503
Mew2King86
Other Games
summit1g6188
Grubby2898
Liquid`RaSZi1786
shahzam618
WinterStarcraft428
C9.Mang0285
JimRising 237
Trikslyr22
JuggernautJason2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie794
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 18m
INu's Battles
12h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 18m
OSC
23h 33m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.