• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:19
CEST 08:19
KST 15:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8619 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 806

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 804 805 806 807 808 1431 Next
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
September 03 2010 18:37 GMT
#16101
Great players/teams can overcome a lack of jungler 5v4 though, but it generally requires some lame heroes like Twisted Fate. I once had a 5v4+jungle against HwangJK even that our 2v1 lane (Janna TF) crushed top tower and warded half the map so the jungler got really f-ed up.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
September 03 2010 18:49 GMT
#16102
On September 04 2010 03:35 Flakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2010 03:20 barbsq wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how often do ppl jungle in the 'high' elo range? Is it like 99 times out of 100 there is a jungler, or more like 7-80? Im just curious, kus i feel like a potentially good strategy is to get 2 mega-strong dual lanes (think taric/garen) and just wreck top and bot to the point where the other team's extra solo doesnt mean shit.

High elo players realize that if you don't have someone jungling, the creeps in the forest are sitting there wasting free xp/gold by not respawning. There are plenty of casters and tank/casters that can rock lanes 1v2 by sitting back and outleveling (if you've ever fought a level 7 kassadin with two level 4 champions you know what I'm talking about, he could have zero creep kills and still crush the lane).


i am very much aware of the benefits of a jungler, also, i am the one who is usally the lvl 7 kass, that you speak of, so i also know how awesome a 1v2 lane can be. At the same time, i have also been victim to taric/garen, taric/sion, and kass/soraka combos (among others) and have actually been outleveled by some of said combos, simply because the zoned the hell out of me, and this is what prompted my question. I think south's answer was mostly what i was looking for, sort of a gimmiky strat that a group would use to get a cool win in a tourney or something, but not anything that would ever become standard.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 03 2010 18:55 GMT
#16103
being a strong mid pusher without a jungler is sometimes pretty cool though cause you can like, get free wraith/wolf camps when you push into their tower. like with sivir, wraith/wolf camp is roughly 0.1 seconds of Q + W when you hit level 3 so you can start getting absurdly farmed by just pushing up to their tower, ducking back and then nomming those camps.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
September 03 2010 19:35 GMT
#16104
almost any champion can jungle. if you dont have a jungler just have some one start creeping after lvl 3-4. i do this all the time with singed
Brees on in
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 03 2010 19:38 GMT
#16105
well, you're singed, you can do whatever you want and the opposing team with just die from your imbaness.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 03 2010 19:44 GMT
#16106
I'm currently running 3/6/21 masteries for Janna, with Archmage's Savvy, Greed, Improved Heal and Flash. Obviously using Heal and Flash as summoner spells.
Flame, or just suggestions for improvement?

I would also like to improve my usage of her ult. I'm generally not satisfied with how it turns out. I figure it is very team coordination dependant, but getting a few hints might really help me out a bunch.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
shalafi
Profile Joined July 2008
394 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-03 19:53:04
September 03 2010 19:51 GMT
#16107
On September 04 2010 04:44 spinesheath wrote:
I'm currently running 3/6/21 masteries for Janna, with Archmage's Savvy, Greed, Improved Heal and Flash. Obviously using Heal and Flash as summoner spells.
Flame, or just suggestions for improvement?

I would also like to improve my usage of her ult. I'm generally not satisfied with how it turns out. I figure it is very team coordination dependant, but getting a few hints might really help me out a bunch.



As Janna I guess you take almost no MPen (or maybe you run MPen marks?) so considering you have 2 damaging skills, getting archaic knowledge is probably a good idea.


Archaic knowledge is no as good as the pre-% penetration nerf, but I think it's still worth it, specially if you're not going to get much flat mpen.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
September 03 2010 19:53 GMT
#16108
On September 04 2010 04:44 spinesheath wrote:
I'm currently running 3/6/21 masteries for Janna, with Archmage's Savvy, Greed, Improved Heal and Flash. Obviously using Heal and Flash as summoner spells.
Flame, or just suggestions for improvement?

I would also like to improve my usage of her ult. I'm generally not satisfied with how it turns out. I figure it is very team coordination dependant, but getting a few hints might really help me out a bunch.

the most usual situations, is that you either use it to knock an enemie away, heal your allies, knock stuff like morg's / fiddle ulti away.
In the woods, there lurks..
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 03 2010 20:05 GMT
#16109
On September 04 2010 04:51 shalafi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2010 04:44 spinesheath wrote:
I'm currently running 3/6/21 masteries for Janna, with Archmage's Savvy, Greed, Improved Heal and Flash. Obviously using Heal and Flash as summoner spells.
Flame, or just suggestions for improvement?

I would also like to improve my usage of her ult. I'm generally not satisfied with how it turns out. I figure it is very team coordination dependant, but getting a few hints might really help me out a bunch.



As Janna I guess you take almost no MPen (or maybe you run MPen marks?) so considering you have 2 damaging skills, getting archaic knowledge is probably a good idea.


Archaic knowledge is no as good as the pre-% penetration nerf, but I think it's still worth it, specially if you're not going to get much flat mpen.

I'm actually using my Ashe runepage. Useless APen marks, MP5L seals, CDR glyphs, 2 MSpd and 1 HP quint. I could equip MPen marks, but imo that doesn't do too much, considering that I play Janna as almost pure support. I don't have AP/L marks.

My skill order is R > E > W > Q with 1 early level in Q (around level 2-4). So I only have 1 spell that does noticeable damage, and I am mostly interested in the slow. If I wanted to get Archaic Knowledge I would have to drop the improved heal or the last utility mastery, and imo that's not worth it unless I were to build for damage.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
September 03 2010 20:09 GMT
#16110
You want an AP runepage for janna, but not many people have those.
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
September 03 2010 20:11 GMT
#16111
Why an AP runepage on Janna? To maximise her early nastasticness? Also, flat AP or AP.level?
I suspect with an AP page you want Clarity and 9/0/21?
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 03 2010 20:15 GMT
#16112
heals and shields benefit from AP but not magic pen, that's why you do AP over magic pen on characters like soraka/janna.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 03 2010 20:19 GMT
#16113
What exactly do you consider an AP runepage? Full AP? MP5/L seals allowed? Are AP glyphs better than CDR glyphs assuming you don't run out of mana? Though that most likely implies MP5/L seals...
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 03 2010 20:25 GMT
#16114
I don't play champs for whom this would be ideal, so I wouldn't know exactly, but my guess would be a yes to mp5pl seals, flat AP on the Quints, and scaling AP on the glyphs and marks (they catch up to flats by level 6).
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-03 20:46:03
September 03 2010 20:45 GMT
#16115
Malady berserker's greaves teemo in my last game. He and our sivir were accusing our tanks of being pussies because I wouldn't initiate fights where we were gonna get raped.

Highlight of the game was them saying 'see how you like it, from now on we're not gonna initiate and we're gonna run away from fights.' If they'd been doing that in the first place maybe they wouldn't have fed!
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 03 2010 20:52 GMT
#16116
malady zerker teemo is a pro build -_-'

oh shit, I forgot to mention guys, but I built Malady on Pantheon in a moderately tight ranked game last night. I'm also 100% convinced it was the right decision under the circumstances:

1. Ashe already had starks
2. I had Mercs, Brutalizer, Ghostblade, Cleaver, GA already
3. I had 2500 gold and no active elixirs

I was sorely lacking a form of lifesteal on my solo pushes and needed more AS to beast 1v1s, perfect solution? malday.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
September 03 2010 21:24 GMT
#16117
What would you guys recommend for Singed? (Runes, masteries, items, the whole deal.)

I was looking at Dyrus' rune page and he uses no Mpen and all AP/level...which is weird?
Spyfire242
Profile Joined March 2009
United States715 Posts
September 03 2010 21:34 GMT
#16118
On September 04 2010 05:52 Mogwai wrote:
malady zerker teemo is a pro build -_-'

oh shit, I forgot to mention guys, but I built Malady on Pantheon in a moderately tight ranked game last night. I'm also 100% convinced it was the right decision under the circumstances:

1. Ashe already had starks
2. I had Mercs, Brutalizer, Ghostblade, Cleaver, GA already
3. I had 2500 gold and no active elixirs

I was sorely lacking a form of lifesteal on my solo pushes and needed more AS to beast 1v1s, perfect solution? malday.


What about starks?
Entusman #55 Spyfire242!
shalafi
Profile Joined July 2008
394 Posts
September 03 2010 21:36 GMT
#16119
On September 04 2010 05:52 Mogwai wrote:
malady zerker teemo is a pro build -_-'

oh shit, I forgot to mention guys, but I built Malady on Pantheon in a moderately tight ranked game last night. I'm also 100% convinced it was the right decision under the circumstances:

1. Ashe already had starks
2. I had Mercs, Brutalizer, Ghostblade, Cleaver, GA already
3. I had 2500 gold and no active elixirs

I was sorely lacking a form of lifesteal on my solo pushes and needed more AS to beast 1v1s, perfect solution? malday.


You know, you can get the benefit of an aura twice, once if you have the item and once if an ally does.

So if you bought Starks, you would get twice the aura and so would she.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
September 03 2010 21:42 GMT
#16120
My opinion is that given that situation Malady + Elixers (you DID buy elixers too, right???) was better than Starks.
Cheese is good for you!
Prev 1 804 805 806 807 808 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1100
910 109
Hyun 74
NotJumperer 48
Bale 34
sorry 18
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto234
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g7342
Coldzera 732
WinterStarcraft347
C9.Mang0274
PiGStarcraft209
NeuroSwarm110
ceh989
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick613
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2225
League of Legends
• Rush1143
• Lourlo1001
• Stunt353
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 41m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 41m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 41m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.