• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:22
CEST 16:22
KST 23:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7981 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1171

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1431 Next
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
October 10 2010 15:12 GMT
#23401
On October 10 2010 23:54 Southlight wrote:
AP TF is the better way to play him... -_-


For I was blind but now I can see.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
October 10 2010 15:22 GMT
#23402
i play ap tf the way i play annie Oo-> slowly chip them down then flash+ gold card for teh finisher
flash/ignite double mp5
although i guess flat ap quints would be better =o
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
October 10 2010 15:25 GMT
#23403
Starting to get to the point where my friends aren't good enough at the game to play well.

It's one thing when the 1/7 Miss Fortune is a random person, but when you're on skype with them it's a different beast entirely.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 10 2010 15:26 GMT
#23404
Weren't you at that point last year, when you quit? >_>
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Hynda
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden2226 Posts
October 10 2010 15:27 GMT
#23405
On October 11 2010 00:25 Flicky wrote:
Starting to get to the point where my friends aren't good enough at the game to play well.

It's one thing when the 1/7 Miss Fortune is a random person, but when you're on skype with them it's a different beast entirely.

Haha I know the feeling, having your friends just auto-attacking with 0 deny and 0-6 in dota is rather frustrating aswell :D
ProdT
Profile Joined January 2009
United States170 Posts
October 10 2010 15:29 GMT
#23406
I scoff at anyone using TF, unless they are a well known player.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 10 2010 15:31 GMT
#23407
Many spectacular players are not well-known. So where's your line?
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 10 2010 15:32 GMT
#23408
On October 10 2010 23:42 Phrost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2010 23:31 arb wrote:
On October 10 2010 23:30 Hynda wrote:
I just started out after my WC3 client started to lag insanly and DotA was no longer an option I've played for like 3 days I think and I'm at level 7 I think obviously only running pubs to learn the ropes but holy shit do I have a hard time winning. Does pugs face premades or am I just being unlucky in which side I'm being placed? One could think that "Oh surely you are shiat and therefor you bring your team down" well that could be the case, however I don't get shit stats.

For example I played Olaf and got 17 - 2 -15 and the only reason we won was that I took out 3/5s of their team twice and pushed two lanes alone.

Played the poison/monster/worm thingie (the one with all the acid) had 19 - 5 - 9 and we lost barely taking a single tower.

I just now played the chick with the guns and the trail of hearts after her and got 9 - 4 - 4 when our team had 15 kills total. (yes I was there on every single kill -.-) and most of those was just me operating alone.

So is it just bad luck that I get placed with so much worse players than the other side?

I think you only play as many people that are premade as the # of premade in the game

for example 2 non premade with 3 premade, will face the same comp but i dont know for sure.. it hink thats how it works though


Sorry a little off topic; are you pokebunny's roommate? I 8 pooled him twice yesterday and the terran tears were delicious.



As for LoL, I'm pretty dissapointed that all these new champions dont have any cool defining thing that they can do that nobody else can that makes them unique and good. I really don't think im going to buy lux (even though her w is broken as hell) unless she is 3150 ip or less.
I don't even think swain was well done because he went out the door with lower base damage and lower ap ratios than cho'gath =/

Nope, Did you make him rage?
Details so i can rag on him :D
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
October 10 2010 15:34 GMT
#23409
On October 11 2010 00:25 Flicky wrote:
Starting to get to the point where my friends aren't good enough at the game to play well.

It's one thing when the 1/7 Miss Fortune is a random person, but when you're on skype with them it's a different beast entirely.


I play with a good friend of mine like 4 hours a day.

We've played probably 250~300 games together and she still doesn't know anything about lane control, zoning, last hitting, or who to focus. It used to get frustrating to me but then I realized I was just taking the game too seriously. I've been debating whether telling her things to improve her gameplay, but at the same time if she is enjoying herself I don't want to subtract from that experience.

But like don't get me wrong. She isn't bad by any means. Totally capable of carrying and really smart when playing. It really depends on what you want out of the game I guess. If you really want to improve then sometimes you have to just leave people behind. But I'm pussy whipped.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 10 2010 15:37 GMT
#23410
Chat wont load for me
good job riot
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
October 10 2010 15:39 GMT
#23411
On October 11 2010 00:34 SCC-Faust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 00:25 Flicky wrote:
Starting to get to the point where my friends aren't good enough at the game to play well.

It's one thing when the 1/7 Miss Fortune is a random person, but when you're on skype with them it's a different beast entirely.


I play with a good friend of mine like 4 hours a day.

We've played probably 250~300 games together and she still doesn't know anything about lane control, zoning, last hitting, or who to focus. It used to get frustrating to me but then I realized I was just taking the game too seriously. I've been debating whether telling her things to improve her gameplay, but at the same time if she is enjoying herself I don't want to subtract from that experience.

But like don't get me wrong. She isn't bad by any means. Totally capable of carrying and really smart when playing. It really depends on what you want out of the game I guess. If you really want to improve then sometimes you have to just leave people behind. But I'm pussy whipped.


Oh boy there's your problem.

But yeah I'm too much of a tryhard to even play with my little brother hahaah. He's like let's play LoL and I'm like... ok on our smurfs. Hahaha huge douche but he's not very good.
Retvrn to Forvms
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
October 10 2010 15:39 GMT
#23412
nothing will load for me Pretty pro servers imo
Wat
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 10 2010 15:40 GMT
#23413
I was looking forward to playing Gangplank and carrying again

Also; what exactly is the definition of tryhard? what does one do to become tryhard?
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 15:43:00
October 10 2010 15:40 GMT
#23414
Meh, I don't think there's anything wrong with it if you're trying to win, and hopefully people are understanding of your competitiveness, especially if they're friends. *shrugs*

Edit:
On October 11 2010 00:40 arb wrote:
Also; what exactly is the definition of tryhard? what does one do to become tryhard?


lol, it's a term we fling around mostly as sarcasm/light jabs, but when you go into a normal game and it looks like

Galio / MF / Sona + Kayle / Amumu

versus

Gangplank / Teemo / Ryze + Mundo / Kennen

One team is clearly "trying hard" while the other is totally not.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
October 10 2010 15:46 GMT
#23415
Pick some vaguely reputable tier list.

If: the enemy team has more Tier 1s than you
or: a better team composition than you
or: better team synergy than you
they're tryhards.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 15:50:15
October 10 2010 15:49 GMT
#23416
On October 11 2010 00:40 arb wrote:
I was looking forward to playing Gangplank and carrying again

Also; what exactly is the definition of tryhard? what does one do to become tryhard?



A person who uses the term "tryhard" is the epitome of an immature person. When a person commits to an action that can be seen as reducing or not maximizing their chances to win, and then doesn't win, they complain that the player/team who defeated them is a "tryhard."

It's basically like this: "You only beat me because I'm bad." It really isn't even an issue, more of a psychological way of saying "I know this game is about hero picks and I consciously picked a bad hero, thus lessening my chances of winning. Because we lost, I'm going to fabricate some excuse so that I can rationalize away my defeat. After all, I'm the better player."


It's just like being called arrogant, it's a compliment really.
#1 LoL player
Yiruru
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada690 Posts
October 10 2010 15:52 GMT
#23417
On October 11 2010 00:40 Southlight wrote:
Meh, I don't think there's anything wrong with it if you're trying to win, and hopefully people are understanding of your competitiveness, especially if they're friends. *shrugs*

Edit:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 00:40 arb wrote:
Also; what exactly is the definition of tryhard? what does one do to become tryhard?


lol, it's a term we fling around mostly as sarcasm/light jabs, but when you go into a normal game and it looks like

Galio / MF / Sona + Kayle / Amumu

versus

Gangplank / Teemo / Ryze + Mundo / Kennen

One team is clearly "trying hard" while the other is totally not.


I agree completely, Ryze Bot tries way too hard...
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 10 2010 15:55 GMT
#23418
There needs to be a Mantheon bot to go with Ryze bot
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 10 2010 16:07 GMT
#23419
Unless you're just playing to have fun instead of to win.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
October 10 2010 16:11 GMT
#23420
On October 11 2010 00:39 Chrispy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 00:34 SCC-Faust wrote:
On October 11 2010 00:25 Flicky wrote:
Starting to get to the point where my friends aren't good enough at the game to play well.

It's one thing when the 1/7 Miss Fortune is a random person, but when you're on skype with them it's a different beast entirely.


I play with a good friend of mine like 4 hours a day.

We've played probably 250~300 games together and she still doesn't know anything about lane control, zoning, last hitting, or who to focus. It used to get frustrating to me but then I realized I was just taking the game too seriously. I've been debating whether telling her things to improve her gameplay, but at the same time if she is enjoying herself I don't want to subtract from that experience.

But like don't get me wrong. She isn't bad by any means. Totally capable of carrying and really smart when playing. It really depends on what you want out of the game I guess. If you really want to improve then sometimes you have to just leave people behind. But I'm pussy whipped.


Oh boy there's your problem.

-.-;

I thought I'd have proven that one wrong by now, lol.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Prev 1 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1115
RotterdaM640
SteadfastSC319
TKL 259
Rex135
CosmosSc2 41
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 640
SteadfastSC 319
TKL 259
Rex 135
ProTech51
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44640
Calm 3280
Shuttle 2529
Jaedong 1690
Horang2 762
Soma 545
actioN 541
Mini 449
Rush 435
Soulkey 397
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 351
Stork 349
ZerO 270
Larva 238
BeSt 211
Snow 190
Mong 132
firebathero 120
Zeus 94
hero 94
Mind 75
910 69
Free 66
Hyun 52
Yoon 46
Sharp 42
sorry 40
Shine 39
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 32
JYJ 28
ToSsGirL 26
Aegong 23
Bale 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 21
HiyA 20
Hm[arnc] 14
Killer 14
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5130
Dendi1261
Counter-Strike
fl0m2325
Fnx 600
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
ChuDatz19
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko421
Other Games
singsing2260
hiko815
crisheroes462
B2W.Neo306
Liquid`RaSZi283
DeMusliM219
Khaldor205
Livibee179
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX138
Trikslyr74
dupreeh68
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)16
ceh97
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 663
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH236
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2215
• Jankos1604
• TFBlade577
• Noizen95
Other Games
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 39m
The PondCast
19h 39m
INu's Battles
20h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.