• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:23
CEST 23:23
KST 06:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8342 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1173

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1431 Next
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
October 10 2010 18:41 GMT
#23441
On October 11 2010 03:38 Repok wrote:
I've never seen a morde even get a double kill... o.0

Woah really? Morde's the only champ I've ever gotten a penta-kill with o.o;
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
socal50
Profile Joined July 2010
United States93 Posts
October 10 2010 19:07 GMT
#23442
On October 11 2010 00:49 Jazriel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 00:40 arb wrote:
I was looking forward to playing Gangplank and carrying again

Also; what exactly is the definition of tryhard? what does one do to become tryhard?



A person who uses the term "tryhard" is the epitome of an immature person. When a person commits to an action that can be seen as reducing or not maximizing their chances to win, and then doesn't win, they complain that the player/team who defeated them is a "tryhard."

It's basically like this: "You only beat me because I'm bad." It really isn't even an issue, more of a psychological way of saying "I know this game is about hero picks and I consciously picked a bad hero, thus lessening my chances of winning. Because we lost, I'm going to fabricate some excuse so that I can rationalize away my defeat. After all, I'm the better player."


It's just like being called arrogant, it's a compliment really.

look at this tryhard here. if you cant sunfire eve and win, youre also a baddie
yazu
Profile Joined September 2010
United States255 Posts
October 10 2010 19:13 GMT
#23443
Hey! I wanted to know your guys' opinions on the improvements for Jax in the leaked patch notes. Do you think he will be viable with those buffs? I miss my Jax. =*(
g.cuisine
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 10 2010 19:14 GMT
#23444
On October 11 2010 04:07 socal50 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 00:49 Jazriel wrote:
On October 11 2010 00:40 arb wrote:
I was looking forward to playing Gangplank and carrying again

Also; what exactly is the definition of tryhard? what does one do to become tryhard?



A person who uses the term "tryhard" is the epitome of an immature person. When a person commits to an action that can be seen as reducing or not maximizing their chances to win, and then doesn't win, they complain that the player/team who defeated them is a "tryhard."

It's basically like this: "You only beat me because I'm bad." It really isn't even an issue, more of a psychological way of saying "I know this game is about hero picks and I consciously picked a bad hero, thus lessening my chances of winning. Because we lost, I'm going to fabricate some excuse so that I can rationalize away my defeat. After all, I'm the better player."


It's just like being called arrogant, it's a compliment really.

look at this tryhard here. if you cant sunfire eve and win, youre also a baddie


tryhard is someone who acts like they're better than you for their superior skills at a free online rts

that's how i see it

it's the "NO FUN ALLOWED" type crowd
RIP Aaliyah
ShoreT
Profile Joined August 2008
United States489 Posts
October 10 2010 19:16 GMT
#23445
Enough of the AP TF chatter. Someone post a build.
Derp
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 10 2010 19:18 GMT
#23446
Interesting to see the different opinions on the word. Welcome to the world, it's like.

Anyways my previous post a/b it was my definition of it, much of the usage of the word is done with 'aww the bastards' as we roll into a normal q game with a joke lineup or with amusement.

@yazu
I dunno, I feel like the changes might just turn Jax into even more of a king of early-game and a joke late-game as he is now. We'll see.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 19:37:34
October 10 2010 19:24 GMT
#23447
On October 11 2010 04:16 ShoreT wrote:
Enough of the AP TF chatter. Someone post a build.

I've been using WQQEQRQW then R>Q>E>W. I feel like there's a better way to do it though.

As far as items, I go DRing->Boots->Sheen->Treads->Lich Bane->Zhonya->Banshee's Veil, following what was used in WCG.

As far as runes, I'm not entirely sure myself what's good. Mpen marks/mp5 seals/APpl glyphs/HP quints, maybe?
Moderator
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
October 10 2010 19:35 GMT
#23448
uuuuuuuuuuuugh, free champ and IP weekend and i have to work and do community service and 2 exams next week

gonna sneak a few games right now though :3
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
October 10 2010 19:37 GMT
#23449
On October 11 2010 04:35 gtrsrs wrote:
uuuuuuuuuuuugh, free champ and IP weekend and i have to work and do community service and 2 exams next week

gonna sneak a few games right now though :3

It's not ip weekend, just 4 free ip boosts.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
October 10 2010 19:39 GMT
#23450
On October 11 2010 04:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 04:07 socal50 wrote:
On October 11 2010 00:49 Jazriel wrote:
On October 11 2010 00:40 arb wrote:
I was looking forward to playing Gangplank and carrying again

Also; what exactly is the definition of tryhard? what does one do to become tryhard?



A person who uses the term "tryhard" is the epitome of an immature person. When a person commits to an action that can be seen as reducing or not maximizing their chances to win, and then doesn't win, they complain that the player/team who defeated them is a "tryhard."

It's basically like this: "You only beat me because I'm bad." It really isn't even an issue, more of a psychological way of saying "I know this game is about hero picks and I consciously picked a bad hero, thus lessening my chances of winning. Because we lost, I'm going to fabricate some excuse so that I can rationalize away my defeat. After all, I'm the better player."


It's just like being called arrogant, it's a compliment really.

look at this tryhard here. if you cant sunfire eve and win, youre also a baddie


tryhard is someone who acts like they're better than you for their superior skills at a free online rts

that's how i see it

it's the "NO FUN ALLOWED" type crowd

I don't understand. If I act like I'm better than you because I have superior skills at sc2 am I a tryhard? Or does the fact that this game is free and make me a tryhard?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
October 10 2010 19:39 GMT
#23451
well that makes me feel slightly better. maybe i'll sneak 4 games over the course of the day and feel satisfied
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
October 10 2010 19:49 GMT
#23452
PRO SHEN

And I only use tryhard and baddie as a joke, dunno about you, nub.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
October 10 2010 19:51 GMT
#23453
Need more dramallama tl inhouse games.

TL inhouse: where you win by not preventing the other team from losing on their own.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 10 2010 19:59 GMT
#23454
On October 11 2010 03:41 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 03:38 Repok wrote:
I've never seen a morde even get a double kill... o.0

Woah really? Morde's the only champ I've ever gotten a penta-kill with o.o;

ive got a bunch of quadras, and a few of the, quadra with the last kill a second too late for a penta
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
JokerSan
Profile Joined April 2005
United States306 Posts
October 10 2010 20:04 GMT
#23455
Jax is still only viable in 5v5 as a very narrow counter champ against a team of multiple melee dps types. The buffs definitely help, but he still suffers from the fact that casters shit on him. However he wrecks 1v1 melee fighters even better now with the immediate 10 stacks on his ult and buffed damage to his w.

Now on 3v3... I've always thought he was a great pick and for sure he is now.
LoL: Soles | forever 1600
phase
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States399 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 20:09:57
October 10 2010 20:08 GMT
#23456
On October 11 2010 02:49 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2010 02:29 Soloside wrote:Any new drama?


I'm going to be #1 TF.


YOU'RE ON.

I claim I'm going to be the #1 TF, and you will be the #2 TF, *edit* and soloside's gonna be some no-name TF

But yea, I've been playing a hybrid TF since forever, although I played a couple games as AP TF recently and he's fun as balls
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 20:14:21
October 10 2010 20:14 GMT
#23457
I'm #1 Blue Card TF.
Don't even try to beat me.

edit: ahhh shit, a dt.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
October 10 2010 20:35 GMT
#23458
Anyone else noticed that there is "couples" in LoL?
So far I noticed
Eve + tf
trynda + ashe
about related stuff and same category of champs:
the 3 ninjas
the void family (malza, kog, cho, kass)
soraka ww singed

Anymore? Cant think of anymore as it is now
In the woods, there lurks..
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 20:42:39
October 10 2010 20:41 GMT
#23459
Galio and Garen are both from Demacia (and make a fucking amazing lane)
Kayle and Morgana are sisters

It's done on purpose. You'll notice it if you pay any attention at all to the lore.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
October 10 2010 20:43 GMT
#23460
On October 11 2010 05:41 BlackPaladin wrote:
Galio and Garen are both from Demacia (and make a fucking amazing lane)
Kayle and Morgana are sisters

It's done on purpose. You'll notice it if you pay any attention at all to the lore.

Garen and Xin are both from Demacian military (general and lieutenant iirc?)
Prev 1 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub272
Nina 161
NeuroSwarm 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14586
scan(afreeca) 24
Bale 14
NaDa 11
Dota 2
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4107
Liquid`Hasu679
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1998
summit1g1759
shahzam524
WinterStarcraft370
ToD291
C9.Mang0288
JuggernautJason39
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1072
Other Games
• imaqtpie1000
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 37m
INu's Battles
13h 37m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 37m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.