• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:34
CEST 11:34
KST 18:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12411 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 102

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 1431 Next
destruction
Profile Joined June 2010
5 Posts
June 24 2010 17:07 GMT
#2021
--- Nuked ---
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 24 2010 17:11 GMT
#2022
On June 25 2010 02:05 oberon wrote:
Mogwai: have you ever laned with a Corki? I've never seen Panth + Corki, but I think the double jump, double AoE/DoT combo would be pretty funny, and might lead to some early kills.

Also curious if you ever tried out your jungle experiment.


Corki requires farming and hogs creep - the combo is nothing special (ideally you have a double stun anyways) and it's just bad farm balance.

He tried jungling but IIRC it was too slow and fucked him up.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 24 2010 17:23 GMT
#2023
On June 25 2010 01:53 Southlight wrote:
They killed Soraka, and by relation Kassadin. I am fawked


now you'll just have to play one of your other 19 heroes that are all acceptable, boohoohoo

On June 25 2010 02:05 oberon wrote:
Mogwai: have you ever laned with a Corki? I've never seen Panth + Corki, but I think the double jump, double AoE/DoT combo would be pretty funny, and might lead to some early kills.

Also curious if you ever tried out your jungle experiment.

In other news: anyone tried jungle Olaf? I tried this in a practice game, and smite + W + doran's shield + health pots = lizard (though I now think golem might be better on him). I haven't seen much of Olaf at all since he was introduced, which surprises me -- he seems like a decent tank.

never laned with a corki, but in theory it would burst well, mostly because of gattling shredding their armor to fucking 0 before you HSS them. honestly though, I ONLY solo and jungle with Pantheon now. I laned with a Janna the other night and even though that lane is supposedly IMBA as hell, I don't have the right temperament to play it. my game sense for low level 2v2s is just really stunted from soloing so much.

jungling with panth is... awkward. I still do it just because when it hits mid game, if I'm not playing Pantheon I apparently don't play well enough for the ELO playing exclusively Pantheon has landed me in. for instance, when Elementz was on my team and I was grabbing a glass of water, I came back and he had taken Kat mid before I could call it with Panth + w/e, he's elementz, I know he's good enough to not feed there, so I ended up jungling as it was the only place that made sense for me.

anyway, when you're doing it, you don't have to be as offensively specced as I originally hypothesized. my whole strategy there was to abuse the HSS bug to make HSSing through the jungle a quick and efficient way to farm it. as it turns out, just having a longsword and spearshot goes a long way as you can proc your shield a lot (the key of course being to not kill large wolves/wraiths first, so that throughout the whole fight you use your passive). so like, the way it plays out is that he's a quicker and scarier ganker than any other jungler, but his jungling speed, especially on buff creeps/dragon, isn't anything to write home about. again using the elementz game as an example, i was against WW in the jungle and because I know I can't race him, I spent a lot of money really early on wards to keep him off of golems and dragon and then just did driveby kills on pushing oposing lanes. While I did enter the mid game slightly underleveled, I had managed to screw the WW over enough and keep dragon control. So despite my bad CS, I still consider it one of my better jungle pantheon outings because of how it made the other team play.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 17:32:53
June 24 2010 17:27 GMT
#2024
On June 25 2010 02:23 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2010 01:53 Southlight wrote:
They killed Soraka, and by relation Kassadin. I am fawked


now you'll just have to play one of your other 19 heroes that are all acceptable, boohoohoo


Win rate is nothing compared to abusing Soraka/Kassadin, though. I think I have like a 90% win rate when using that combo one way or other >_< It was my "go-to" combo.

On June 25 2010 02:23 Mogwai wrote:
my game sense for low level 2v2s is just really stunted from soloing so much.


Hahah I had that problem for so long after jungling exclusively. It's surprisingly difficult adjusting to different parts of the laning phase, like I'm no longer comfortable soloing (although I do it a lot nowadays with Ashe, but she's so strong defensively that you have a huge buffer), and when I 2v2 a lot of people hate laning with me because I'm REALLY impulsive and fast switching offense passive defense - when I'm with someone who's not on the same page we start randomly dying.

Edit:
Like Baikin despises laning with me, no matter how well our heroes may mesh. I play REALLY AGGRESSIVE and he plays incredibly patiently and passively. It just doesn't work out well.

Turkey has trouble keeping up with my aggression too, and sometimes when we're off-kilter you get like that one game where he fed Garen 'cause he was uncomfortable trying to play as aggressive as I'm accustomed.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
June 24 2010 17:30 GMT
#2025
WTF
soraka's ult does shiiit now. ZZZZ
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Malderon
Profile Joined September 2009
Netherlands136 Posts
June 24 2010 17:38 GMT
#2026
On June 25 2010 02:30 HeavOnEarth wrote:
WTF
soraka's ult does shiiit now. ZZZZ


Would this, combined with the nerf to Locket, make RoA a better option? Since the fact that Locket no longer heals minions will significantly diminish its pushing power, at least in theory.

But then, healer teams winning so hard was a bit ridiculous, so the number one question is: is Soraka still viable, or reduced to the lower tiers/crap tier?

Since healer teams were so dominant before, the fact that they get nerfed somewhat shouldn't be gamebreaking for healers, at least in theory.
Scorcher2k
Profile Joined November 2009
United States802 Posts
June 24 2010 17:43 GMT
#2027
On June 25 2010 02:27 Southlight wrote:
Hahah I had that problem for so long after jungling exclusively. It's surprisingly difficult adjusting to different parts of the laning phase, like I'm no longer comfortable soloing (although I do it a lot nowadays with Ashe, but she's so strong defensively that you have a huge buffer), and when I 2v2 a lot of people hate laning with me because I'm REALLY impulsive and fast switching offense passive defense - when I'm with someone who's not on the same page we start randomly dying.

Edit:
Like Baikin despises laning with me, no matter how well our heroes may mesh. I play REALLY AGGRESSIVE and he plays incredibly patiently and passively. It just doesn't work out well.

Turkey has trouble keeping up with my aggression too, and sometimes when we're off-kilter you get like that one game where he fed Garen 'cause he was uncomfortable trying to play as aggressive as I'm accustomed.

I do the quick aggression back into passive defense a lot as well and noticed the same thing. A lot of people I run into simply feel as though they are forced to commit to an attack when they show any sign of aggression.

On June 25 2010 02:05 pokeyAA wrote:
we'll see south, we'll see...

btw im tired of all the champions coming out being 6300 IP. Now I get to wait x amount of weeks to try the little monster dude

They have to make money somehow lol. It makes sense that all the new champions are 6300IP so that people will buy RP to get them.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 24 2010 17:50 GMT
#2028
On June 25 2010 02:43 Scorcher2k wrote:
They have to make money somehow lol. It makes sense that all the new champions are 6300IP so that people will buy RP to get them.


I think it's just that they're adding a lot of skillshot heroes these days.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
June 24 2010 17:50 GMT
#2029
I am aggressive no matter what hero I play. It is both my strength and weakness lol. Thats why my Soraka is usually ahead of our tank.

Oh and i do get what Riot is doing with expensive new heroes, its still annoying nonetheless that they purposely dont release the new champions as part of the free champions week.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 24 2010 17:52 GMT
#2030
On June 25 2010 02:50 pokeyAA wrote:
I am aggressive no matter what hero I play. It is both my strength and weakness lol. Thats why my Soraka is usually ahead of our tank.


It's also why our Kass/Soraka combo worked (works?) so well, because we're both playing SO AGGRESSIVE but at least we both know it, and play like it, and no one's really surprised by the other player going out and risking damage to keep pressure on :p
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 24 2010 17:54 GMT
#2031
On June 25 2010 02:38 Malderon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2010 02:30 HeavOnEarth wrote:
WTF
soraka's ult does shiiit now. ZZZZ


Would this, combined with the nerf to Locket, make RoA a better option? Since the fact that Locket no longer heals minions will significantly diminish its pushing power, at least in theory.

But then, healer teams winning so hard was a bit ridiculous, so the number one question is: is Soraka still viable, or reduced to the lower tiers/crap tier?

Since healer teams were so dominant before, the fact that they get nerfed somewhat shouldn't be gamebreaking for healers, at least in theory.

they kicked her wish AP ratio in the balls too though

I dunno, might still make sense to make an AP investment, but color me skeptical of that being the right way to build her now, if she's even still worth playing.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
June 24 2010 17:56 GMT
#2032
it's pretty frustrating when, as Taric, I'm doing more harassing than the ranged hero I'm laning with. I'm like: "I got a heal+armor+stun bro - ZONE THESE SCRUBS"
it's my first day
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
June 24 2010 18:01 GMT
#2033
kog maw is terrible btw, another identity crisis champion.


Also, mal'zahar is probably getting a nice buff next patch, they are creating a new type of CC called "suppression" which makes it so you cant do ANYTHING, even use summoner spells. so you wont be able to do anything to counter his ult except buy quicksilver sash.
Brees on in
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 24 2010 18:02 GMT
#2034
Amumu ult Suppression-type PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? <3? ?

KogMaw really that bad? I figured he'd fill in a nice ranged damage slot o_O
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Scorcher2k
Profile Joined November 2009
United States802 Posts
June 24 2010 18:10 GMT
#2035
I've been rocking people with shaco this week but Ashe has been my long time main so I definitely have to try out hawk shot tonight. I wonder if the bird sees stealth enemies if I have oracle.
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 18:11:13
June 24 2010 18:10 GMT
#2036
Kog's range is apparently not up to snuff for a DPS. His ult is super-annoying, however -- I expect Rylai's + Zhonya's on him would be incredibly versatile.

Edit: Probably also need archangel, since he burns mana with his ult.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
June 24 2010 18:10 GMT
#2037
On June 25 2010 03:01 Brees wrote:
kog maw is terrible btw, another identity crisis champion.


Also, mal'zahar is probably getting a nice buff next patch, they are creating a new type of CC called "suppression" which makes it so you cant do ANYTHING, even use summoner spells. so you wont be able to do anything to counter his ult except buy quicksilver sash.


They had to create an entirely new cc just to make him viable? ugh.
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
June 24 2010 18:11 GMT
#2038
I'll have to see about veigar. He's my main guy. I like the faster meteor and the all kill == spelpower. It would be better imo if the allkill was also for creeps and lanes. you can kill insane amounts of lanes with veigar lategame. Overall i think he needs either better survivability (better stun) or more dammige to be the nuke cannon he should be designed to be.

I don't understand the ulti change. He was before a mana user slayer. Now the ulti is just a bit lame.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
June 24 2010 18:12 GMT
#2039
On June 25 2010 02:54 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2010 02:38 Malderon wrote:
On June 25 2010 02:30 HeavOnEarth wrote:
WTF
soraka's ult does shiiit now. ZZZZ


Would this, combined with the nerf to Locket, make RoA a better option? Since the fact that Locket no longer heals minions will significantly diminish its pushing power, at least in theory.

But then, healer teams winning so hard was a bit ridiculous, so the number one question is: is Soraka still viable, or reduced to the lower tiers/crap tier?

Since healer teams were so dominant before, the fact that they get nerfed somewhat shouldn't be gamebreaking for healers, at least in theory.

they kicked her wish AP ratio in the balls too though

I dunno, might still make sense to make an AP investment, but color me skeptical of that being the right way to build her now, if she's even still worth playing.


I don't understand. If they wanted to nerf soraka's healing this badly, they should at LEAST boost her infuse and starcall damage by..like..a lot.
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
June 24 2010 18:13 GMT
#2040
Meh I think Soraka will still be pretty strong. I used to play her heavy starcall/infuse with one level in heal and did really well with that. Now that I level heal and infuse first (to zone out ppl with south), early game should still be fine, and the lowered mana cost will help out a bit at least.

Also I never got AP with Soraka anyway, so I don't know if Wish ratio changes will affect me much, if at all.

The locket changes are what concerns me lately honestly, as my Soraka was built around it. The increased CD on the locket plus no healing minions now can be a problem.
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 193
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 764
BeSt 646
Larva 625
Horang2 613
Hyuk 420
soO 410
ZerO 191
Zeus 161
EffOrt 130
Killer 64
[ Show more ]
Rush 59
Shinee 56
Stork 40
Mind 35
Mong 25
PianO 21
Terrorterran 20
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 18
Sacsri 14
Yoon 12
HiyA 11
Light 0
Dota 2
XaKoH 630
XcaliburYe312
Counter-Strike
byalli872
Other Games
olofmeister1637
singsing1321
ceh9720
crisheroes210
Livibee185
Mew2King62
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Jankos1923
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
26m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.