• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:11
CEST 04:11
KST 11:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8324 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 68

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 96 Next
cannavaro
Profile Joined November 2010
Italy86 Posts
March 22 2011 18:04 GMT
#1341
On March 23 2011 02:25 anilusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 13:05 Ferrose wrote:
[image loading]


Why are they hating on him?



Because he put an Everstone (item that prevents evolution) on Shelmet, a Pokemon that only evolves when traded vs. a Karrablast.
Technique
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 18:19:13
March 22 2011 18:19 GMT
#1342
I played pokemon blue/red when it first came out, but i never realized people took it so serious?^^

If you think you're good, you suck. If you think you suck, you're getting better.
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
March 22 2011 18:24 GMT
#1343
On March 23 2011 03:19 Technique wrote:
I played pokemon blue/red when it first came out, but i never realized people took it so serious?^^



Oh hell yeah they do! I found out when I played Pearl that playing online without an IV trained pokemon is just suicide! However, that doesn't quite mean I went out of my way to IV train them myself

I'm a lazy player! I'd rather catch them all than IV train!
ScarletKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States691 Posts
March 22 2011 18:48 GMT
#1344
On March 22 2011 23:23 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 16:30 ScarletKnight wrote:
On March 22 2011 10:25 Ferrose wrote:
Yeah, I ended up replacing Starmie's Recover with Ice Beam, to fight Gliscors. My strategy before was just to send out Skarmory to neuter their Toxic >.>

About the priority: I'm totally open to changing my team around to improve it. But the reason I'm asking for help is because I have no idea what to change.

Thank you for your input

Edit @ adeezy: It's called Pokemon Online. Just Google it.


I would recommend replacing Bug Bite with X-Scissor on Scizor. Better physical attack to take advantage of of Scizors massive ATK.


Well with Technician, Bug Bite's power is 90, which is better than X-Scissor's 80.


Oops, missed that part. My bad ^_^
Looks like I picked the wrong week the quit sniffing glue
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 20:01:25
March 22 2011 19:04 GMT
#1345
On March 22 2011 20:35 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 17:49 ReketSomething wrote:
I just finished IV / EV train my agility gross and I realized that it can't learn ice/thunder punch as that was a gen IV only thing.

I guess ill give it explosion or something...

sigh.....


Uh what is your gross using right now?

Meteor Mash
Agility
uh Earthquake at least right?

Then what?


My point exactly. Nothing lol.

edit: i guess my options are now zen headbutt (psychic), rock slide (rock), grass knot (grass), brick break/hammer arm (fighting)

psychic gives 2x against fighting, grass against ground and water, rock against flying+bug and 30% flinch chance. and fighting against normal+dark

any recommendations?
Jaedong :3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 22 2011 20:08 GMT
#1346
I'd say Rock Slide because it would help your Metagross not get walled by Skarmory.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
March 22 2011 22:27 GMT
#1347
[image loading]


ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
March 22 2011 23:42 GMT
#1348
On March 23 2011 05:08 Ferrose wrote:
I'd say Rock Slide because it would help your Metagross not get walled by Skarmory.


Well skarmory is steel...so rock does normal damage and so rosk slide does 75. Meteor mash is 100+50 STAB/2 = 75 so it doesn't actually help much besides the 30% flinch and the slightly increased accuracy...if only metagross had a better rock move.

After thinking it through 75 is way too little power in my opinion...Unless I did some math wrong or something...or if you guys have better reasoning

I also realized grass knot is special...
Jaedong :3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 22 2011 23:45 GMT
#1349
I've seen some mixed Metagross builds though. Maybe Hammer Arm then? Then you'd get 100 BP neutral coverage on Skarmory.

But what about Gliscor? @_@
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 22 2011 23:56 GMT
#1350
... Man, no element punches on 'gross SUCKS lol. I've never thought about this before.
dave333
Profile Joined August 2010
United States915 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 23:57:14
March 22 2011 23:56 GMT
#1351
^You usually need to kill gliscor and bulky waters and skarmory, or weaken them a lot to use Metagross (at least back when I used him).

I personally preferred running explosion agiligross+gyarados since agiligross could do some damage, explode, and then gyarados could go on and sweep with a bulky water out of play. or you could reverse it, gyarados weaken the wall, agiligross starts killing stuff then blows up when its weak.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 23:59:56
March 22 2011 23:59 GMT
#1352
Too bad Explosion sucks now

I usually just have my Pokemon carry Ice Beam to fight Gliscor. And if I think they'll use Toxic/Fling their Toxic Orb (actually, that's all that the Gliscors I face do), I just switch to Skarmory. Then they switch for like Heatran or something.

I've gotten into quite a few stall wars where I ended up getting my opponent down to nothing but Gliscor because I would switch to Skarmory, and get him to switch for something else so that all his Pokemon die from my entry hazards. And I don't even run a stall team >.>
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Deltablazy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada580 Posts
March 23 2011 01:10 GMT
#1353
I know Dream world isn't out yet but does anyone have a japanese torchic/combusken/blaziken with speed boost?
dave333
Profile Joined August 2010
United States915 Posts
March 23 2011 01:30 GMT
#1354
Wait why does explosion suck now?
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 23 2011 01:34 GMT
#1355
On March 23 2011 10:30 dave333 wrote:
Wait why does explosion suck now?


It no longer halves the defense of the enemy pokemon, so getting a one for one trade that became expected in gen 4 is much less likely.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
March 23 2011 06:21 GMT
#1356
WHERE THE FUCK IS AUTO LV 100 VIA WIFI? I AM FREAKING OUT HERE!

please somebody answer me
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 21:01:37
March 23 2011 20:56 GMT
#1357
On March 23 2011 04:04 ReketSomething wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 20:35 Jayme wrote:
On March 22 2011 17:49 ReketSomething wrote:
I just finished IV / EV train my agility gross and I realized that it can't learn ice/thunder punch as that was a gen IV only thing.

I guess ill give it explosion or something...

sigh.....


Uh what is your gross using right now?

Meteor Mash
Agility
uh Earthquake at least right?

Then what?


My point exactly. Nothing lol.

edit: i guess my options are now zen headbutt (psychic), rock slide (rock), grass knot (grass), brick break/hammer arm (fighting)

psychic gives 2x against fighting, grass against ground and water, rock against flying+bug and 30% flinch chance. and fighting against normal+dark

any recommendations?


Zen headbutt or Brick Break.

Elemental punches always had shit power to begin with, at least in my opinion. I ran a MM/EQ/Brick Break/Exp set. Now Explo sucks so may as well go for four coverage attacks. I'd probably get Brick Break on your set because Psychic isn't an awesome attacking type anyway while fighting is amazing.

Brick Break also has the nice bonus of removing LS and Reflect so...yea get that.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 21:31:22
March 23 2011 21:20 GMT
#1358
On March 24 2011 05:56 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2011 04:04 ReketSomething wrote:
On March 22 2011 20:35 Jayme wrote:
On March 22 2011 17:49 ReketSomething wrote:
I just finished IV / EV train my agility gross and I realized that it can't learn ice/thunder punch as that was a gen IV only thing.

I guess ill give it explosion or something...

sigh.....


Uh what is your gross using right now?

Meteor Mash
Agility
uh Earthquake at least right?

Then what?


My point exactly. Nothing lol.

edit: i guess my options are now zen headbutt (psychic), rock slide (rock), grass knot (grass), brick break/hammer arm (fighting)

psychic gives 2x against fighting, grass against ground and water, rock against flying+bug and 30% flinch chance. and fighting against normal+dark

any recommendations?


Zen headbutt or Brick Break.

Elemental punches always had shit power to begin with, at least in my opinion. I ran a MM/EQ/Brick Break/Exp set. Now Explo sucks so may as well go for four coverage attacks. I'd probably get Brick Break on your set because Psychic isn't an awesome attacking type anyway while fighting is amazing.

Brick Break also has the nice bonus of removing LS and Reflect so...yea get that.


Still pretty likely to get walled by skarmory, though (neutral coverage and only 75 power)
Kinda moving away from using metagross at all Steel and Psychic just never were great attacking types, and with explosion getting gutted... yeah.

Zen headbutt / hammer arm or brick break / EQ / Meteor Mash if you do use metagross i guess?

On March 22 2011 16:30 ScarletKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 10:25 Ferrose wrote:
Yeah, I ended up replacing Starmie's Recover with Ice Beam, to fight Gliscors. My strategy before was just to send out Skarmory to neuter their Toxic >.>

About the priority: I'm totally open to changing my team around to improve it. But the reason I'm asking for help is because I have no idea what to change.

Thank you for your input

Edit @ adeezy: It's called Pokemon Online. Just Google it.


I would recommend replacing Bug Bite with X-Scissor on Scizor. Better physical attack to take advantage of of Scizors massive ATK.

Nope, bug bite is stronger because of Technician. +50% boost = 90 effective power (X-scis is 80)

What about Pursuit on your Scizor? Would give ghosts nightmares and they can't even switch out.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 23 2011 21:34 GMT
#1359
Should I replace Brick Break with Pursuit on my Scizor? Then I'd have no Fighting moves :x

God, building my team is so stressful. I want to be able to counter everything but it's impossible >.<
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 23 2011 22:42 GMT
#1360
On March 23 2011 03:04 cannavaro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2011 02:25 anilusion wrote:
On March 22 2011 13:05 Ferrose wrote:
[image loading]


Why are they hating on him?



Because he put an Everstone (item that prevents evolution) on Shelmet, a Pokemon that only evolves when traded vs. a Karrablast.

I'm not one for pokemon lore (or, any video game lore, for that matter), but this makes me curious.
What's the reasoning behind this?
Karrablast looks like it should evolve into Shelmet's evolved form, and vice versa. Why?
What kind of reasonings/explanation for this is there?
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13254
Rain 2253
Artosis 648
Dewaltoss 27
NaDa 22
Bale 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever501
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4811
Counter-Strike
taco 569
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1473
ArmadaUGS330
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1296
WinterStarcraft541
Other Games
summit1g8928
JimRising 615
C9.Mang0214
PiGStarcraft189
Maynarde159
ViBE127
ZombieGrub5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick885
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• davetesta31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 49m
OSC
10h 49m
Stellar Fest
10h 49m
OSC
21h 49m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.