• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:04
CEST 15:04
KST 22:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8665 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 64

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 96 Next
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 20 2011 05:36 GMT
#1261
Heres the thing.

Steel is a bad attacking type. It has a max power of 150 and that's only if the thing its attacking has eight times its speed which is extremely rare.

Once it ingrains it's setup fodder. It still has subpar attacking power even if you abuse gyro ball. Focus blast is going to hurt like a bitch after a cm. Forget it against any sort of team running a heatran
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 20 2011 05:44 GMT
#1262
8 times its speed is not extremely rare -_- 0 IV and -Spe nature gives you 40. 320 is pretty standard for a timid/252, as well as scarfed things

The rest of your argument is kind of dumb anyway, you're not using Ferrothorn for attacking, you're using it for entry hazard+physical wall. And saying forget it against Heatran is like saying forget it against things that brutally counter it completely. Well I wonder why that would be.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
March 20 2011 05:47 GMT
#1263
On March 20 2011 14:36 Jayme wrote:
Heres the thing.

Steel is a bad attacking type. It has a max power of 150 and that's only if the thing its attacking has eight times its speed which is extremely rare.

Once it ingrains it's setup fodder. It still has subpar attacking power even if you abuse gyro ball. Focus blast is going to hurt like a bitch after a cm. Forget it against any sort of team running a heatran


pokemon counters pokemon with move
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 20 2011 05:56 GMT
#1264
I'd never use Ingrain. It's basically screwing yourself.

I still think that:

Spikes/Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

with Leftovers would probably be its best set.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 20 2011 06:19 GMT
#1265
You can also run Explosion although it got nerfed.
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
March 20 2011 06:25 GMT
#1266
i've got to say, this is the first generation (aside from the very first generation of pokemon) I've REALLY liked the design/type/abilities for aside from like 5 pokemon. I also love how they made the other 500 whatever pokemon uncatchable till later

FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST VERSION EVER
dats racist
Baltor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States171 Posts
March 20 2011 06:29 GMT
#1267
On March 20 2011 10:17 NuKedUFirst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2011 10:16 DreamScaR wrote:
On March 20 2011 10:14 Coagulation wrote:
well i have about 400 pokemon i need to transfer from plat so i hope theres room.

You can have a full pokedex worth so, unless you're doing more than 651? you should be fine.


Kind of a bummer if you do mass breeding for IV / EV training..
Have 3 pokemon I had to breed, 5 boxes of level one drillburs, larvitars and solosis'

I guess I'll have to do some...releasing...



Haha, I was wondering why, when we were trading, the trade screen showed like 4 boxes full of green things 0.o

I always love to show my friends, who think that an EV is a type of Pokemon, the two boxes full of Yamasks I caught to find one with a decent nature to breed over to Solosis. They think I'm nuts.
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
March 20 2011 06:40 GMT
#1268
I picked the Turtle pokemon instead of the Bird for the fossils because the damn thing came up so fast, lol.
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
Pvvned
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States409 Posts
March 20 2011 07:32 GMT
#1269
On March 20 2011 15:40 Beardedclam wrote:
I picked the Turtle pokemon instead of the Bird for the fossils because the damn thing came up so fast, lol.

once it learns Shell Smash, you'll be set
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/Happy2.gif
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 20 2011 07:34 GMT
#1270
On March 20 2011 14:44 Kyuukyuu wrote:
8 times its speed is not extremely rare -_- 0 IV and -Spe nature gives you 40. 320 is pretty standard for a timid/252, as well as scarfed things

The rest of your argument is kind of dumb anyway, you're not using Ferrothorn for attacking, you're using it for entry hazard+physical wall. And saying forget it against Heatran is like saying forget it against things that brutally counter it completely. Well I wonder why that would be.

Ok wow its alot slower than I thought.

I still have an issue with its total walling potential. Using ingrain will screw you, leftovers + leech only works if someone is dumb enough to keep their seeded pokemon in. This leaves a pokemon meant to wall without the ability to really heal damage. I'd rather use skarmory for walling+entry because of access to roost.

I mentioned heatran because he's a fairly common lead. Yea it was dumb to mention a brutal counter I suppose but fire and fightingare soo damn common.

I do see ferrotorn being awesome in ubers though. It seems tailor made for it.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
waffleduck
Profile Joined August 2010
125 Posts
March 20 2011 07:39 GMT
#1271
On March 20 2011 15:40 Beardedclam wrote:
I picked the Turtle pokemon instead of the Bird for the fossils because the damn thing came up so fast, lol.

How do I get the pokemon from the fossil?
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 14:24:53
March 20 2011 14:23 GMT
#1272
On March 20 2011 16:39 waffleduck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2011 15:40 Beardedclam wrote:
I picked the Turtle pokemon instead of the Bird for the fossils because the damn thing came up so fast, lol.

How do I get the pokemon from the fossil?


Take it to the receptionist at the gym in Nacrene City.

@ Jayme: You could always use Wish with Ferrothorn. Maybe the expansion version will give it Synthesis or something.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 20 2011 21:42 GMT
#1273
I'm gonna do the campaign again, but only using a mono-type team.
I was thinking Bug, but does anyone else have an suggestions (I want it to be do-able, at least moderately fun, not just pure-sweepers, but not too easy)?
I'm also considering Fighting and Steel.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 20 2011 21:48 GMT
#1274
On March 20 2011 16:39 waffleduck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2011 15:40 Beardedclam wrote:
I picked the Turtle pokemon instead of the Bird for the fossils because the damn thing came up so fast, lol.

How do I get the pokemon from the fossil?

Go back to the city with the fossil museum (the one with a dragonite skeleton in the middle whose head was stolen at some point). One of the guys in there will take your fossil.
:)
Zozo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil2579 Posts
March 20 2011 21:56 GMT
#1275
On March 20 2011 14:56 Ferrose wrote:
I'd never use Ingrain. It's basically screwing yourself.

I still think that:

Spikes/Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

with Leftovers would probably be its best set.


Trade powerwhip for protect, you will be able to setup on any scarfed pokemon, not to mention giving leechseed and leftovers a free tick every other turn makes it a powerhouse
EGM guides me
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 20 2011 22:02 GMT
#1276
On March 21 2011 06:42 TALegion wrote:
I'm gonna do the campaign again, but only using a mono-type team.
I was thinking Bug, but does anyone else have an suggestions (I want it to be do-able, at least moderately fun, not just pure-sweepers, but not too easy)?
I'm also considering Fighting and Steel.


I've been doing it with Grass.

Don't do it with Grass.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 20 2011 22:28 GMT
#1277
So I have to make a trip to washington DC (fly out at 7, fly back to Boston at 10 that day), which needless to say is going to be a very long day. So I was thinking of picking up one of the games.

Couple things: I dont have a ds, so I would need to get one. Is the 3ds going to be the new thing, or are they just gonna keep making 2d games and throw out occasional 3d ones?

Also: Does the wifi thing let you trade and battle over the internet without a cable? Like would i be able to trade with fellow TLers?

And: Which version to get, ie if point "also" is true, which version is rarer on tl.

Ty~
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
March 20 2011 22:33 GMT
#1278
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 20 2011 22:35 GMT
#1279
On March 21 2011 06:42 TALegion wrote:
I'm gonna do the campaign again, but only using a mono-type team.
I was thinking Bug, but does anyone else have an suggestions (I want it to be do-able, at least moderately fun, not just pure-sweepers, but not too easy)?
I'm also considering Fighting and Steel.

I'm doing it with bug.

Quike Notes:
- No access to surf
- No access to fly

Why I am enjoying it:
- VERY hard... rock and fire type moves HUUUUUURT so you need to find pokes that can take some hits without dying (have to abuse typing)
- You can get a lot of pokes relatively early. After 2nd gym you can get 2 bug pokes, after 3rd gym you can get 3 bug pokes, after 4th you can get 4 bug pokes, and after 5th you can get 5, after 6th you can get 6.

The only type in this game that is faster is Steel or normal.

Not to mention, you have a varied amount of pokes in bug type:
- Scoliopede, leavanny = physical sweepers
- galvultina, accelgor = special sweepers
- Crustle, Escavalier = walls

Then later in game:
- Durrant = wall
- Volcarrona = Special sweeper

Then after E4 you get access to:
- Butterfree - Speical sweeper
- venomoth - special sweeper / toxic staller
- pinsir - physical sweeper
- pineco - physical wall / set up
- heracross - physical sweeper

Just a lot of potential with this type, I like it.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Dark-Storm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada334 Posts
March 20 2011 22:47 GMT
#1280
On March 21 2011 07:33 CanucksJC wrote:
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol

I know a lot of people got White because Zekrom is apparently better
I don't have Pet Peeves. I have Major psychotic Fucking Hatreds
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC81
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
SteadfastSC 81
Rex 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51428
Bisu 2260
Horang2 1288
Hyuk 701
Soma 445
BeSt 445
Mini 430
EffOrt 332
Light 328
Larva 265
[ Show more ]
Rush 165
ZerO 146
Mong 111
Barracks 90
Leta 83
Pusan 66
Snow 64
Sea.KH 57
ToSsGirL 53
Mind 41
Aegong 30
Yoon 29
JYJ 26
Bale 23
Sexy 23
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4568
XaKoH 377
Counter-Strike
Fnx 702
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1133
Lowko458
Other Games
gofns33041
singsing2033
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo426
hiko383
Livibee194
Beastyqt114
Liquid`VortiX81
Mew2King74
ArmadaUGS68
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 109
IntoTheiNu 94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
Other Games
BasetradeTV2
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH201
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 56m
Online Event
21h 56m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.