• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 65

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 96 Next
Asshat
Profile Joined September 2010
593 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 23:25:54
March 20 2011 22:58 GMT
#1281
On March 21 2011 07:47 Dark-Storm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 07:33 CanucksJC wrote:
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol

I know a lot of people got White because Zekrom is apparently better looks cooler


Fixed it for you.

I got black, as I've always got the "first" version (red/gold/diamond, didn't play gen 3) and I like Reshiram better in both looks and performance. Fire/Dragon = Unresistable combination. The only upside to Zekrom (compared to Reshiram, he's obviously very powerful and a major threat overall) that I see is that physical electric is very uncommon. They're both pretty slow and have somewhat weak movesets.

As for the person going on a trip thinking of buying a 3DS, I don't have it as I got a DS Lite, but I've heard the 3DS has very weak battery life. I'd get a DSi, or a DS Lite if you ever think of playing GBA games, and wait for the 3DS hardware revamp.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 20 2011 23:15 GMT
#1282
On March 21 2011 07:58 Asshat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 07:47 Dark-Storm wrote:
On March 21 2011 07:33 CanucksJC wrote:
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol

I know a lot of people got White because Zekrom is apparently better looks cooler


Fixed it for you.

I got black, as I've always got the "first" version (red/gold/diamond, didn't play gen 3) and I like Reshiram better in both looks and performance. Fire/Dragon = Unresistable combination. The only upside to Zekrom that I see is that physical electric is very uncommon.

As for the person going on a trip thinking of buying a 3DS, I don't have it as I got a DS Lite, but I've heard the 3DS has very weak battery life. I'd get a DSi or a DS Lite if you ever think of playing GBA games, and wait for the 3DS hardware revamp.

DSi doesn't have a GBA slot.
:)
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 20 2011 23:37 GMT
#1283
what about the trading/battling thing. Is that global now that the ds has wifi or do i still need a buddy with the game irl.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 23:38:55
March 20 2011 23:38 GMT
#1284
On March 21 2011 07:58 Asshat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 07:47 Dark-Storm wrote:
On March 21 2011 07:33 CanucksJC wrote:
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol

I know a lot of people got White because Zekrom is apparently better looks cooler


Fixed it for you.

I got black, as I've always got the "first" version (red/gold/diamond, didn't play gen 3) and I like Reshiram better in both looks and performance. Fire/Dragon = Unresistable combination. The only upside to Zekrom (compared to Reshiram, he's obviously very powerful and a major threat overall) that I see is that physical electric is very uncommon. They're both pretty slow and have somewhat weak movesets.

As for the person going on a trip thinking of buying a 3DS, I don't have it as I got a DS Lite, but I've heard the 3DS has very weak battery life. I'd get a DSi, or a DS Lite if you ever think of playing GBA games, and wait for the 3DS hardware revamp.

Zekrom has better typing than Reshiram.

Zekrom is weak to: ground, ice, and dragon

Reshiram is weak to: ground, rock, dragon

the rock weakness is a lot worse then the ice weakness.

Zekrom will be scared of ice beam

While Reshiram will be scared of stone edge and stealth rocks

More pokes cary stone edge than ice beam as well.

Not to mention, Zekrom's electric typing helps him kill kyogre and lugia while zekrom's fire typing is not very useful as a STAB in ubers.

On March 21 2011 08:37 Two_DoWn wrote:
what about the trading/battling thing. Is that global now that the ds has wifi or do i still need a buddy with the game irl.

it is global over wi-fi don't worry, You can also do trades and such through two DS's side by side, but also over the net.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
anilusion
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden247 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 23:40:00
March 20 2011 23:39 GMT
#1285
On March 21 2011 07:58 Asshat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 07:47 Dark-Storm wrote:
On March 21 2011 07:33 CanucksJC wrote:
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol

I know a lot of people got White because Zekrom is apparently better looks cooler


Fixed it for you.

I got black, as I've always got the "first" version (red/gold/diamond, didn't play gen 3) and I like Reshiram better in both looks and performance. Fire/Dragon = Unresistable combination. The only upside to Zekrom (compared to Reshiram, he's obviously very powerful and a major threat overall) that I see is that physical electric is very uncommon. They're both pretty slow and have somewhat weak movesets.

As for the person going on a trip thinking of buying a 3DS, I don't have it as I got a DS Lite, but I've heard the 3DS has very weak battery life. I'd get a DSi, or a DS Lite if you ever think of playing GBA games, and wait for the 3DS hardware revamp.


Just don't except it to be made any time soon.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/there-wont-be-a-3ds-lite-system-is-fully-packed-from-the-start-20110131/
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 20 2011 23:54 GMT
#1286
On March 21 2011 08:39 anilusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 07:58 Asshat wrote:
On March 21 2011 07:47 Dark-Storm wrote:
On March 21 2011 07:33 CanucksJC wrote:
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol

I know a lot of people got White because Zekrom is apparently better looks cooler


Fixed it for you.

I got black, as I've always got the "first" version (red/gold/diamond, didn't play gen 3) and I like Reshiram better in both looks and performance. Fire/Dragon = Unresistable combination. The only upside to Zekrom (compared to Reshiram, he's obviously very powerful and a major threat overall) that I see is that physical electric is very uncommon. They're both pretty slow and have somewhat weak movesets.

As for the person going on a trip thinking of buying a 3DS, I don't have it as I got a DS Lite, but I've heard the 3DS has very weak battery life. I'd get a DSi, or a DS Lite if you ever think of playing GBA games, and wait for the 3DS hardware revamp.


Just don't except it to be made any time soon.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/there-wont-be-a-3ds-lite-system-is-fully-packed-from-the-start-20110131/

That is disappointing... the 3DS's battery life is terrible due to the power it needs to run the 3D tech... like 5 hours = dead.

This compared to a DSi who has 19 hour battery life I do believe.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 20 2011 23:56 GMT
#1287
Can you turn off the 3D? Because otherwise I'd probably just get a DSi >.>
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
March 21 2011 00:03 GMT
#1288
On March 21 2011 08:56 Ferrose wrote:
Can you turn off the 3D? Because otherwise I'd probably just get a DSi >.>


Yeah, it has a 3D slider, from off to full
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 21 2011 00:09 GMT
#1289
On March 21 2011 09:03 Wesso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 08:56 Ferrose wrote:
Can you turn off the 3D? Because otherwise I'd probably just get a DSi >.>


Yeah, it has a 3D slider, from off to full

ya but the battery life just goes from 5 hours to 9 hours.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
March 21 2011 00:10 GMT
#1290
Hey guys, got Black just finished 4th Gym, Rather novice at poke'mon competitively. Add my friend code if possible 4684 8080 4939

I'm really enjoying this one so far. From what i've seen in stores near me, white seems sold out and black has a few copies left so i assume White is more popular.
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 21 2011 00:12 GMT
#1291
On March 21 2011 09:10 Scodia wrote:
Hey guys, got Black just finished 4th Gym, Rather novice at poke'mon competitively. Add my friend code if possible 4684 8080 4939

I'm really enjoying this one so far. From what i've seen in stores near me, white seems sold out and black has a few copies left so i assume White is more popular.

white is more popular due to Zekrom... and has solosis.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
March 21 2011 00:56 GMT
#1292
Hmm, i need to find someone to trade my Boldore back and forth with, doesn't seem to learn moves any different or earlier than Gigalith does.
Sucks not knowing anyone local ^^
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 21 2011 01:00 GMT
#1293
Wow, so apparently someone in Japan has been sending letters through GTS trades:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 01:02:11
March 21 2011 01:01 GMT
#1294
On March 21 2011 10:00 Ferrose wrote:
Wow, so apparently someone in Japan has been sending letters through GTS trades:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




indeed, I feel bad now, Aoi (blue) i think his name is...
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
Asshat
Profile Joined September 2010
593 Posts
March 21 2011 02:57 GMT
#1295
As long as the steel type exists Fire will always be an extremely useful offensive type. You can't really get around that Fire is one of the three moves that can break the strongest defensive typing in the game.

The main issue with Reshiram -- and any other fire pokemon in ubers -- is that he depends more on the weather than Zekrom would, but there's no doubt he's stronger when the sun is up, and he is very capable of taking out Kyogre by himself. While rain can be somewhat crippling for him, Reshiram also has much higher upside.

Plus, the fact that no one can resist dragon+fire can't be ignored, while Zekrom can potentially be walled by a Ferrothorn, and even a blue flare vs a Palkia in the rain will do more damage than a bolt strike on any ground pokemon.
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
March 21 2011 09:08 GMT
#1296
So I finally beat the main story part of the game.

+ Show Spoiler +
Holy shit Getsis' Hydreigon was ridiculous. My Stoutland beat his Cofagrigus easily, but in order to beat his Hydreigon I had to switch to Siliglyph for the Tailwind set-up, then switch back. Finish off Cofagrigus with another crunch then switch to Reshiram, Dragonbreathx2 for the kill, provided Dragon Pulse leaves me at 28hp the first turn and doesn't kill me. My Virizion took out his Seismitoad no problem with giga drainx3, first two times he full restored. His Bouffalant was tough, and required me to sac my Darmanitan for a superpower so my Reshiram could finish it off with a dragonbreath. Stalled the Bisharp, who spammed stone edge, to res my Darmanitan and killed it wit ha flare blitz after having taken it down to about 70% hp. Superpower on Eelektross for the win.

After everything is said and done, I came to the conclusion that offensive teams are op as shit.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
March 21 2011 09:21 GMT
#1297
On March 21 2011 08:15 synapse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 07:58 Asshat wrote:
On March 21 2011 07:47 Dark-Storm wrote:
On March 21 2011 07:33 CanucksJC wrote:
I was under the impression that most people got White instead of Black... I dunno why lol

I know a lot of people got White because Zekrom is apparently better looks cooler


Fixed it for you.

I got black, as I've always got the "first" version (red/gold/diamond, didn't play gen 3) and I like Reshiram better in both looks and performance. Fire/Dragon = Unresistable combination. The only upside to Zekrom that I see is that physical electric is very uncommon.

As for the person going on a trip thinking of buying a 3DS, I don't have it as I got a DS Lite, but I've heard the 3DS has very weak battery life. I'd get a DSi or a DS Lite if you ever think of playing GBA games, and wait for the 3DS hardware revamp.

DSi doesn't have a GBA slot.



Been playing this a bit on an emulator, and surprisingly fresh as I haven't played since the R/B/Y generation. I'm still a bit bummed that you can't catch older Pokemon until late in the game, but I don't think that will stop me from picking it up. I have to decide if I want to buy a replacement battery for my original DS or pick up a DS Lite, though. If I can get one for ~$80, I probably will, but I'm hoping for a price drop soonish with the 3DS.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
invrnc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States26 Posts
March 21 2011 11:51 GMT
#1298
On March 21 2011 08:37 Two_DoWn wrote:
what about the trading/battling thing. Is that global now that the ds has wifi or do i still need a buddy with the game irl.


You can trade and battle over wifi, so you don't need an irl buddy for that. But depending on how much you care about the Entralink and its ilk, you might still need a buddy irl.

You'd also need a buddy or a second DS to transfer pokemon from gen 4 games.
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
March 21 2011 13:25 GMT
#1299
Anyone able to help me out with possible trade, need to evolve my Boldore, I have a spare tynamo with lonely nature if anyone wants its female.
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
anilusion
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden247 Posts
March 21 2011 14:46 GMT
#1300
On March 21 2011 22:25 Scodia wrote:
Anyone able to help me out with possible trade, need to evolve my Boldore, I have a spare tynamo with lonely nature if anyone wants its female.


I can trade with you, I also need to evolve my Hurrdurr-thingy.
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
Nathanias 132
Nina 108
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12910
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2472
JimRising 368
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu710
Other Games
summit1g7127
fl0m652
shahzam485
ToD177
KnowMe135
FrodaN122
ArmadaUGS118
Mew2King73
JuggernautJason50
NeuroSwarm40
ViBE32
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• HerbMon 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen100
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur210
• Scarra134
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 21m
Stellar Fest
15h 21m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.