• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:52
CEST 02:52
KST 09:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8961 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 52

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 96 Next
ScarletKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States691 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 06:06:30
March 15 2011 05:55 GMT
#1021
On March 15 2011 14:19 Phrost wrote:
So I just beat the elite 4 with my janky ass team:

Tyranitar
Ferrothorn
Darmanitan
Krookodile
Hydreigon
Metagross

Man fighting attacks absolutely wreck my team.


I had the same problem. Until I got my Metagross I literally couldn't win vs. the fighting E4 guy (Marshal?) with the team I had.

On March 15 2011 14:37 jester- wrote:
Welp I just wandered into Umbrial City or w/e and accepted a pokebattle with some chick in a house. Apparently all her pokemon are lvl 73-77... Bad news when my 2 highest are 62 and are weak to everything she uses.

Also, leveling Zekrom is a total PITA; felt like Emboar did a ton more damage.


That's Cynthia; the Champion from DPPt, and she's totally awesome. My favorite champion of the entire series. She's still as impossible to beat then when I first faced her in the E4 in Diamond.


Also, does anyone else dig the music from this game more than any other Pokemon game ever? It's really good. Like, supremely good.





Looks like I picked the wrong week the quit sniffing glue
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 15 2011 06:19 GMT
#1022
You can get old pokemon like t tar and metagross before the E4?
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Stratos.FEAR
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada706 Posts
March 15 2011 06:45 GMT
#1023
im sorry but nothing compares to the battle music of gen 1
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 15 2011 10:47 GMT
#1024
On the topic of catching fully evolved pokemon, I'm glad to hear it's possible now.
I mean, you have to breed them anyway if you want them to be good, but now it's possible to simple just catch them (for the sake of rounding up the Pokedex).

My mind was completely blown when I found a Metagross and Mamoswine in Giant Chasm...
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
March 15 2011 11:50 GMT
#1025
On March 15 2011 15:19 adeezy wrote:
You can get old pokemon like t tar and metagross before the E4?



You can rarely catch both of them in shaking grass but more often than not you can find Pupitar and Metang in the same area far easier.
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 15 2011 11:53 GMT
#1026
On March 15 2011 15:19 adeezy wrote:
You can get old pokemon like t tar and metagross before the E4?

for the second run at the E4, not the first
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Bobble
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1493 Posts
March 15 2011 12:01 GMT
#1027
God, I love Golurk, he looks so awesome, plus, he really stole my heart when he could resist or be immune to every single move except one of the 3 Musketeer pokemon. Made them so easy to catch.

Then I was walking back through the grass and got a shiny Emolga. Good day for me.
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
March 15 2011 12:03 GMT
#1028
On March 15 2011 20:53 Insanious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2011 15:19 adeezy wrote:
You can get old pokemon like t tar and metagross before the E4?

for the second run at the E4, not the first


Oh, yeah. The first round of E4 is a joke. The "champion" is harder than them (trying not to spoil =p)
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 16:51:11
March 15 2011 16:50 GMT
#1029
I read on Smogon that Galvantula's Compoundeyes Thunder only has 91% accuracy, not 100%. Oh well. Still better than Rock Slide or the infamous Stone Edge >.>
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 15 2011 17:00 GMT
#1030
Yep It misses at all the worst times for me.
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
March 15 2011 17:04 GMT
#1031
Anyone got any good spots to EV train SpAtk and Spd?
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 18:13:20
March 15 2011 18:09 GMT
#1032
After a week of doing nothing I've finally started my Pokemon black game again. Unfortunately the second DS ive been using has broken and I need to trade my Gurdurr to someone to evolve it. Anyone willing to help me out? Pm me!

My final team on White ended up being mostly pre gen Pokemon.

Zapdos
Gardevoir
Dragonite
Volcarona
Metagross
Swampert
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
March 15 2011 18:40 GMT
#1033
On March 16 2011 02:04 Fawkes wrote:
Anyone got any good spots to EV train SpAtk and Spd?


Munna for HP
Patrat for Atk
Roggenrola for Def
Petilil for SpA
Frillish for SpD
Purrloin for Spe

All give 1 EV
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 15 2011 18:53 GMT
#1034
On March 16 2011 03:40 Skullflower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 02:04 Fawkes wrote:
Anyone got any good spots to EV train SpAtk and Spd?


Munna for HP
Patrat for Atk
Roggenrola for Def
Petilil for SpA
Frillish for SpD
Purrloin for Spe

All give 1 EV


Go to the battle subway, get the EV items.

It's a pain to EV train otherwise. Also try to transfer over a pokemon with Pokerus and life gets really easy.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 15 2011 23:28 GMT
#1035
How do you even get a Pokemon with Pokerus? Or know that it has one? I've never seen any, and if I did, I didn't know it.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
March 15 2011 23:35 GMT
#1036
On March 16 2011 08:28 Ferrose wrote:
How do you even get a Pokemon with Pokerus? Or know that it has one? I've never seen any, and if I did, I didn't know it.


You can get it from battling / catching wild pokemon. It spreads to others, etc.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#1037
Pokerus and macho brace makes it 6x speed so that's another way to make it easy
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
March 16 2011 00:02 GMT
#1038
On March 16 2011 08:51 adeezy wrote:
Pokerus and macho brace makes it 6x speed so that's another way to make it easy

isn't it x2 from pkrs and x2 from power item / macho brace? I always thought if a pokemon usually give 1 ev, it'd give 1x2x2 = 4 EV? Or am I completely off?
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 16 2011 00:21 GMT
#1039
For pokerus, ask for one from someone who has one. Hackers can spread it around pretty easily through a community, as you only need one to contaminate everything, then you can just leave it in your box so the contamination doesnt run out. I'll see if I can get my hands on a fresh infected and give it to everyone here.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
March 16 2011 00:25 GMT
#1040
On March 15 2011 14:24 Deltablazy wrote:
I've been lurking this thread for quite a while and I must say, I'm surprised everybody actually levels a whole team for the E4. I always take them down with a single pokemon.


I cant believe people grind. Just win with strategy! Pwning E4 with lvl 47 ftw
Jaedong :3
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14717
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4306
Other Games
summit1g9295
FrodaN2702
JimRising 640
PiGStarcraft474
KnowMe182
ViBE130
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King68
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 8m
INu's Battles
11h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 8m
Replay Cast
22h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.