• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:31
CEST 23:31
KST 06:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8227 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 96 Next
SaetZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States855 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 20:31:06
March 10 2011 20:29 GMT
#721
might be more ways to get around abilities like shadow tag now

only thing i can think of honestly

historically, the price drop on systems after they become slightly less new isnt that strong, or that fast

i think each step down of the ds-tech-tree you save like 20 bucks, even now

it might drop a lil, but not something crazy... and not overnight

all im gonna say
Never Forget. #TheRevolutionist
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
March 10 2011 20:42 GMT
#722
On March 11 2011 04:35 SaetZero wrote:
for the OP

maybe a link to smogon tier list (for the people tryhard enough to care)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=148&a=187 - the current OU ban list... considering how strong some of the pokemon are, keeping tabs on this for this that kinda straddle the line of bullshit might be warranted

notables not on the list:
mew
the new dragon/ice guy
wobbuffet
the bulk of the new, but high end guys (bst wise)
garchomp (lol)

something to keep tabs on



i hope they item clause LC.... having a full team of life orb or evolution stone is fucking ridiculous. im sorry that the choices are now "+a ton of defense" and "+a ton of offense" or like... choice scarf lol

i wasnt a big LC guy, but that seems just boring as sin


looking forward to playing, my team will prob be UU as the guys i wanna use in ou end up being uu anyway. my gen4 team for a while had 1 ou, 4 uu, and 1 nu lol - and it wasnt a scrub team, it got wins lol



They removed Salamence, too. I believe Garchomp and Salamence are the only two non-gimmick, non-legendary that went to uber.

What did they change in gameplay to make these much better than Platinum? I kept hearing about gameplay improvements but no specifics.
SaetZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States855 Posts
March 10 2011 20:47 GMT
#723
salamence wasnt good enough to be kicked out of ou, but thats another topic lol


why does gen 5 feel more fun than 4?


combat goes faster/smoother.... so it helps battles stay fun, not tedious
the pokemon have more animation in general, which is nice
little extras, like the gates between zones, add up a nice polished feeling
bridges are godlike?

i dunno, but like.... it feels better made i would state it myself. i havent done the triple battles or any bs, and have no interest in them, but the feel of the game just feels a lot better than pearl to me
Never Forget. #TheRevolutionist
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 10 2011 21:01 GMT
#724
On March 11 2011 05:42 andrewlt wrote:
What did they change in gameplay to make these much better than Platinum? I kept hearing about gameplay improvements but no specifics.

Nothing really... they are just trying to make OU right now. OU isn't even made, so they are trying tofigure out who stays in OU, and who goes to Ubers or UU.

As such, pokemon like wubufett, mew, garchomp, and salamance will most likely return to Ubers.

Also, pokemon like moltres and murkrow are likely to move to OU

While others, are going to move down.

The game is just too new, with too few battles online to be able to decide what is OP in OU and what is now.

People are just trying things out, and with a lot of additions to the game (more abilities for pokemon, more moves, eviloite, etc...) there are a lot of things to consider when making the OU tier.

We have a good month before OU is actually made and any where near finalized... hell, most of the discussions for who stays in OU and who goes are still in the "place holder" stage, as in not even looked at yet...

give it some time .
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 10 2011 21:13 GMT
#725
I've never played a triple battle, but I kinda like rotation battles.
There's so few in Black, that I forget they had them until today...
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 10 2011 21:16 GMT
#726
On March 11 2011 06:13 TALegion wrote:
I've never played a triple battle, but I kinda like rotation battles.
There's so few in Black, that I forget they had them until today...

I have never played a rotation battle... I don't know where they are in white.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 10 2011 21:16 GMT
#727
On March 11 2011 06:16 Insanious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 06:13 TALegion wrote:
I've never played a triple battle, but I kinda like rotation battles.
There's so few in Black, that I forget they had them until today...

I have never played a rotation battle... I don't know where they are in white.


I think that all the ones in White aren't until the end game -_-
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 10 2011 21:23 GMT
#728
On March 11 2011 06:16 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 06:16 Insanious wrote:
On March 11 2011 06:13 TALegion wrote:
I've never played a triple battle, but I kinda like rotation battles.
There's so few in Black, that I forget they had them until today...

I have never played a rotation battle... I don't know where they are in white.


I think that all the ones in White aren't until the end game -_-

I must really be missing something... i've gotten all the sages, killed the elite four the second time, have gotten every poke I want from white forest, have most of the TMs... and have yet to play a rotation battle... T.T
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 10 2011 21:28 GMT
#729
On March 11 2011 06:23 Insanious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 06:16 Ferrose wrote:
On March 11 2011 06:16 Insanious wrote:
On March 11 2011 06:13 TALegion wrote:
I've never played a triple battle, but I kinda like rotation battles.
There's so few in Black, that I forget they had them until today...

I have never played a rotation battle... I don't know where they are in white.


I think that all the ones in White aren't until the end game -_-

I must really be missing something... i've gotten all the sages, killed the elite four the second time, have gotten every poke I want from white forest, have most of the TMs... and have yet to play a rotation battle... T.T


I think I read something about them being on the Marvelous Bridge (that one east of Nimbasa City).
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 21:44:11
March 10 2011 21:41 GMT
#730
So I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get a Timid Flash Fire Litwick to no avail Thankfully I'm at work doing this but still! This little guy is so cute that I actually want to have the proper things for it.
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 10 2011 21:42 GMT
#731
On March 11 2011 06:41 DreamScaR wrote:
So I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get a Timid Flash Body Litwick to no avail Thankfully I'm at work doing this but still! This little guy is so cute that I actually want to have the proper things for it.

I hate evolving him. His first form is SO cute, and the evolutions are awesome, but pure uggo...
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 10 2011 21:45 GMT
#732
On March 11 2011 06:42 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 06:41 DreamScaR wrote:
So I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get a Timid Flash Body Litwick to no avail Thankfully I'm at work doing this but still! This little guy is so cute that I actually want to have the proper things for it.

I hate evolving him. His first form is SO cute, and the evolutions are awesome, but pure uggo...

I know! It's like Vanillite or w/e it's called, but I may literally keep my Litwick in it's first form until I reach the elite four or something.
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
March 10 2011 22:02 GMT
#733
On March 11 2011 06:01 Insanious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 05:42 andrewlt wrote:
What did they change in gameplay to make these much better than Platinum? I kept hearing about gameplay improvements but no specifics.

Nothing really... they are just trying to make OU right now. OU isn't even made, so they are trying tofigure out who stays in OU, and who goes to Ubers or UU.

As such, pokemon like wubufett, mew, garchomp, and salamance will most likely return to Ubers.

Also, pokemon like moltres and murkrow are likely to move to OU

While others, are going to move down.

The game is just too new, with too few battles online to be able to decide what is OP in OU and what is now.

People are just trying things out, and with a lot of additions to the game (more abilities for pokemon, more moves, eviloite, etc...) there are a lot of things to consider when making the OU tier.

We have a good month before OU is actually made and any where near finalized... hell, most of the discussions for who stays in OU and who goes are still in the "place holder" stage, as in not even looked at yet...

give it some time .



By them, I meant the game Black/White instead of the pokemon. Though I suppose speeding up the slow battle animations and getting rid of annoyances would make for good improvements.

Funny though that I'm hearing there are quite a few new pokemon with Garchomp like speed and attacking power.
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 10 2011 22:06 GMT
#734
T____T 5th Litwick with Flame Body instead of Flash Fire that's Timid. I'm about ready to give up at this point, or just to smite me a shiny one with Flash Fire will appear. Stupid pokemon!
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 10 2011 22:06 GMT
#735
Yeah, as I saw one guy on Smogon put it:

In a land where 130 base stats were given away like candy on Halloween...
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 10 2011 22:09 GMT
#736
On March 11 2011 07:06 DreamScaR wrote:
T____T 5th Litwick with Flame Body instead of Flash Fire that's Timid. I'm about ready to give up at this point, or just to smite me a shiny one with Flash Fire will appear. Stupid pokemon!

breeeeeeed breeeeeeeed

I hope garchomp goes back to uber... flygon ftw <3
:)
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 10 2011 22:11 GMT
#737
On March 11 2011 07:09 synapse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 07:06 DreamScaR wrote:
T____T 5th Litwick with Flame Body instead of Flash Fire that's Timid. I'm about ready to give up at this point, or just to smite me a shiny one with Flash Fire will appear. Stupid pokemon!

breeeeeeed breeeeeeeed

I hope garchomp goes back to uber... flygon ftw <3

I'll be honest, I've never actually figured out how the whole concept of breeding works to pass things along to a child.
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Snickersnee
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States241 Posts
March 10 2011 23:14 GMT
#738
Snickersnee
Friend Code- 1978 9559 4267
I just finished the plasma story line and I really enjoyed how the ending happened.
Don't want to spoil it but I feel it was easily the best ending in a pokemon game
Had an idea that combines the intimate moment of delivering babies with Crazy Taxi last night. Can emotional arcade style gaming work?
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 10 2011 23:35 GMT
#739
Jayme
Friend Code - 2494 3564 4856

Finally got a Life Orb, now working toward Choice Band.

Shit sucks
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 10 2011 23:51 GMT
#740
On March 11 2011 06:41 DreamScaR wrote:
So I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get a Timid Flash Fire Litwick to no avail Thankfully I'm at work doing this but still! This little guy is so cute that I actually want to have the proper things for it.


What you really need to do if you're serious about nature stuff is to catch a Synch Pokemon of each useful nature....usually Bold, Timid, Modest, Adamant, and Jolly and just use those to catch things you want. It really really really helps, trust me.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 104
Railgan 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15469
Dewaltoss 171
firebathero 115
ZZZero.O 96
Hyuk 90
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto51
League of Legends
Doublelift3586
Counter-Strike
Fnx 785
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5753
crisheroes895
Other Games
summit1g5691
FrodaN2534
fl0m804
mouzStarbuck367
KnowMe301
ToD269
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• Hupsaiya 26
• musti20045 23
• Adnapsc2 18
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen117
Other Games
• imaqtpie842
• Shiphtur215
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 29m
INu's Battles
14h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 29m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.