• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:52
CEST 10:52
KST 17:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7562 users

Torchlight II - Page 58

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
[Crimson]Bason
Profile Joined October 2008
China161 Posts
September 24 2012 13:50 GMT
#1141
On September 24 2012 22:31 musai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2012 21:00 [Crimson]Bason wrote:
so i have a few questions regarding embermage especially. 1. the brand only proc with weapon dmg right? (so lets say you freeze a target using cold spells you will have to hit using a weapon dps to actually do the additional dmg?) 2. what affects skill damage? (well i know the higher the skill lvl the more dmg usually and the higher your lvl, but does +elemental dmg, +% elemental dmg affect the skill dmg that doesnt have %weapon dmg on their description?)


1. no the brand procs when you hit anything that has the specific debuff on it, that's why Prismatic Bolts + maxed Brands are so over powered, you're almost always guaranteed to do bonus damage

2. +ele or +%ele dmg affects skills (or weapon) of that element, ie: if you have +35% fire damage, you're Fire Brand will do 35% more damage (this is why I can't replace my low level rings that have a ton of +elemental damage...)


so 1. does freezing lets say using frost wave...ice brand procs... does my second frost wave when it hits the same target do bonus dmg?

and for 2. the % elemental dmg doesnt show up on the skills tab... lets say i wear a new item with +5% ice dmg but all my ice skill in the skill tab dont do any more dmg... but i do notice an increase dmg in the weapons area... so I m not sure if those increase weapon elemental dmg only or both spells and weapon. I assumed it would increase brand dmg because i thought brand dmg was only done when the frozen, burned, shocked were hit by weapon dmg
pNRG
Profile Joined February 2012
United States333 Posts
September 24 2012 14:17 GMT
#1142
I've been playing this game a lot since it came out. Currently playing a dual-wield Outlander. Quite fun, love the pacing. It just seems so satisfying killing monsters and grabbing loot in this game...

Do the cut scences (intro/between acts) remind anyone else of Samurai Jack? Maybe just the art style? I love it.
"He's like a Kakuna with Flamestrike." - Artosis 25.7.2014 \\ "Sometimes you gotta' be manly to get out of the group stage, Reynad." -Artosis 17.10.2014 \\ “There goes your dream of a frivolous lawsuit with a brewing company.” – Tasteless 26.8.2015
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
September 24 2012 14:36 GMT
#1143
Samurai Jack is cool. The Scotsman is my favorite character lol
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
September 24 2012 15:27 GMT
#1144
Berserker is pretty boring for me, mainly because I have no idea what's good on him, everything seems so subpar. 2-handed - might as well play Engi, dual-wield has too low dps and depends on execute, while his skills want to see crits, shield - might as well play Engi, etc...

Outlander I also can't stand playing as I want to use bows, but they suck. :/

Other classes are a blast, though, love playing them.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
September 24 2012 15:31 GMT
#1145
Sorry but dual wield Berserker is pretty baller. I have a sick dps, add to that the skills and bam, you have a killer ^^ .
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 24 2012 15:51 GMT
#1146
How do you guys farm gold? I am quite broke atm(end of ACT 2 Elite). What I do is I open a LAN game at normal, re-roll a world and just farm in ACT2.
Terran
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-24 16:10:24
September 24 2012 16:09 GMT
#1147
Hey guys in torchlight 1 you could merge gems in order to create more powerful ones, for example you could use two +5 electric damage gems in order to make one +10 gem (numbers may be off but you get the idea). Is there a way to do such a thing in Torchlight 2 ? So far I'm only lvl 15 and I haven't encountered that mechanic yet. Thanks

Also I agree with BlitzerSC, berserker seems to have a pretty sick DPS
o choro é livre
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
September 24 2012 16:10 GMT
#1148
Yes, you'll find something similar in Act2, but it is a little bit different from the system of TL1.
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
September 24 2012 16:10 GMT
#1149
You cannot combine gems to upgrade them in torchlight 2 (for good reason). One of the loading screen tips tells you this.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
September 24 2012 16:15 GMT
#1150
Thank you very much for the quick replies
o choro é livre
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-24 16:29:59
September 24 2012 16:26 GMT
#1151
All classes have sick dps, that's the way the game is designed. I'm saying that the Berserker doesn't compare, at least that's what it feels like to me.

Edit: For clarification - killing mobs is not hard. Even with shitty weapons and random skill points, unless you're playing on Elite.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
September 24 2012 16:32 GMT
#1152
On September 25 2012 00:51 Caphe wrote:
How do you guys farm gold? I am quite broke atm(end of ACT 2 Elite). What I do is I open a LAN game at normal, re-roll a world and just farm in ACT2.


I just do the main quests, map dungeon can make you go broke since the +MF/GF ones can cost a lot and the dungeons can sometimes be pretty cheap.

Make sure you drop town portals once in a while so even if you die you can get back quickly (and not have to take rez penalty)

Also do not enchant anything, it's a waste of money. Stop gambling too lol, I could have saved soooo much gold if I didn't gamble/enchant anything under lv 50.


What do you guys spend your money enchanting? I found a main stat enchanter, but I only had like 30k so I could only get 1 stat on each piece of my gear, but getting an extra 70ish vit was great for preventing one shots.
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
September 24 2012 16:39 GMT
#1153
On September 24 2012 20:21 WeedRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2012 13:08 Depetrify wrote:
I haven't had any online multiplier problems.

Wheres the auction house?


This is not D3, there is no AH (and i dont miss it) ^^
Transmuter > AH :D


Good.

I read Diablo 3 vs Torchlight 2 review and it said real money auction house vs no real money auction house. So o assumed there was a gold auction house.
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-24 16:41:55
September 24 2012 16:41 GMT
#1154
On September 25 2012 01:26 ChrisXIV wrote:
All classes have sick dps, that's the way the game is designed. I'm saying that the Berserker doesn't compare, at least that's what it feels like to me.

Edit: For clarification - killing mobs is not hard. Even with shitty weapons and random skill points, unless you're playing on Elite.

Berserker before level 25 I found was weak, as soon as I got Battle Rage I found my DPS went through the roof. It helps if you maximise the effectiveness of the berserker's Frenzy mechanic as much as possible, such as increasing the duration with Frenzy Mastey and reducing the enemy's armer with Shred Armor to decimate elites and bosses. I would like to bet that the berserker does the most single target dps in the game, of course you need decent weapons too.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 24 2012 16:58 GMT
#1155
On September 25 2012 01:32 musai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 00:51 Caphe wrote:
How do you guys farm gold? I am quite broke atm(end of ACT 2 Elite). What I do is I open a LAN game at normal, re-roll a world and just farm in ACT2.


I just do the main quests, map dungeon can make you go broke since the +MF/GF ones can cost a lot and the dungeons can sometimes be pretty cheap.

Make sure you drop town portals once in a while so even if you die you can get back quickly (and not have to take rez penalty)

Also do not enchant anything, it's a waste of money. Stop gambling too lol, I could have saved soooo much gold if I didn't gamble/enchant anything under lv 50.


What do you guys spend your money enchanting? I found a main stat enchanter, but I only had like 30k so I could only get 1 stat on each piece of my gear, but getting an extra 70ish vit was great for preventing one shots.

Yep. I gambling alot, lol and now totally broke since I spent so much on potions!!

I am stuck at the Luminous Arena on Elite, lv 33 atm, I either need to farm alot to do it solo or join a high lv group. Just keep getting oneshotted since I have no place to kite T_T.
Terran
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-24 17:03:41
September 24 2012 17:03 GMT
#1156
Does anyone else noticed the game after the patch is easier? or its just me ?
Playing on elite ofc
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
September 24 2012 17:06 GMT
#1157
That place isn't so bad, even if you die you can port back to where you left off. Since you have no money anyways you can just keep rezzing in map lol.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
September 24 2012 17:15 GMT
#1158
question... if you put a passive spell, e.g. marksmanship (+ranged dmg), on your pet, does it apply to your character as well? probably not right
Hates Fun🤔
recklessfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States373 Posts
September 24 2012 17:19 GMT
#1159
ok so with my tank engineer im thinking of going elemental style, using shield bash as my charge gen, and using maxxed out overload and fire shield as my elemental attack. Anyone have any first hand experience with either of those skills maxxed out with maxxed out fire and spark?
Kenthros
Profile Joined August 2012
United States95 Posts
September 24 2012 18:04 GMT
#1160
I have only 3 points that im sad about with this game, needs a upgradeable stash, would be nice to be able to res partners in the game if they die, and combat could be smoothed out little more seems like hitboxes are way to large and my guy moves when i dont want him to or doesnt move out of spells and keeps attacking. Other then that im very happy with this game. add me on steam if youd like to play Kenthros is the name.
Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 453
Larva 172
Hyun 50
Killer 44
scan(afreeca) 36
Bale 33
NotJumperer 33
Sharp 27
Hm[arnc] 16
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister806
edward246
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7669
Coldzera 697
ceh9627
Happy272
Sick152
crisheroes149
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Jankos1062
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 8m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.