• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:59
CEST 03:59
KST 10:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7909 users

Torchlight II - Page 60

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 24 2012 21:08 GMT
#1181
On September 25 2012 05:42 volcryn wrote:
So +execute chance is a given too liberally on items. Im up to 100% execute chance on my Zerker, couple that with massive charge rate gain, its pretty much a permanent crit streak.

Favorite skill so far is Chain Snare. I still havent found a skill I like for destroying environment objects yet though


Teach your pet Rumble. It isn't the greatest, but he smashes pretty well.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
September 24 2012 21:39 GMT
#1182
theres something about this game that im enjoying so much more than d3. i cant put my finger on it, i mean, much of tl2 is like d3.

maybe its the stat points. its gotta be the stat points. ;d
starleague forever
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
September 24 2012 21:59 GMT
#1183
On September 25 2012 05:29 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 02:15 paper wrote:
question... if you put a passive spell, e.g. marksmanship (+ranged dmg), on your pet, does it apply to your character as well? probably not right


I taught my pet Blocking and it doesn't increase my block chance.


thanks brah
Hates Fun🤔
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
September 24 2012 22:07 GMT
#1184
On September 25 2012 06:39 a176 wrote:
theres something about this game that im enjoying so much more than d3. i cant put my finger on it, i mean, much of tl2 is like d3.

maybe its the stat points. its gotta be the stat points. ;d


I was thinking the same thing, i really dont know what is. Im thinking its actually that i always find some good loot every hour at least, theres always some good gear just around the corner.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
hacpee
Profile Joined November 2007
United States752 Posts
September 24 2012 22:14 GMT
#1185
On September 25 2012 03:04 Kenthros wrote:
I have only 3 points that im sad about with this game, needs a upgradeable stash, would be nice to be able to res partners in the game if they die, and combat could be smoothed out little more seems like hitboxes are way to large and my guy moves when i dont want him to or doesnt move out of spells and keeps attacking. Other then that im very happy with this game. add me on steam if youd like to play Kenthros is the name.


I totally agree with you on those two points. Also, there is too much visual clutter, I think its from all the summons and pets.
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-24 22:18:42
September 24 2012 22:18 GMT
#1186
i find its best to play the game with 2-3 players max, with 5-6 people spamming shit every second it gets really dumb
savior did nothing wrong
kuroshiro
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom378 Posts
September 24 2012 22:25 GMT
#1187
On September 25 2012 07:14 hacpee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 03:04 Kenthros wrote:
I have only 3 points that im sad about with this game, needs a upgradeable stash, would be nice to be able to res partners in the game if they die, and combat could be smoothed out little more seems like hitboxes are way to large and my guy moves when i dont want him to or doesnt move out of spells and keeps attacking. Other then that im very happy with this game. add me on steam if youd like to play Kenthros is the name.


I totally agree with you on those two points. Also, there is too much visual clutter, I think its from all the summons and pets.


Wow, I really feel like the hitboxes are way too small! It's really quite frustrating to play with the Outlander and keep either moving in to the enemy to get smashed if I miss a hitbox, or hitting nothing if I shift click because ranges are relatively short (compared to d2 where all ranged had infinite range). Ah well, I guess I just have to get used to `precision' clicking.
I am you, and you are me.
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
September 24 2012 22:42 GMT
#1188
Steam won't let me add the game to my cart. I cant even buy the damn game before downloading it! Grrrrrr...
Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
Swish 41
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany154 Posts
September 24 2012 22:53 GMT
#1189
On September 25 2012 07:42 AeonStrife wrote:
Steam won't let me add the game to my cart. I cant even buy the damn game before downloading it! Grrrrrr...


Try buy it as a gift or
http://www.torchlight2game.com/
Dacendoran
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States825 Posts
September 24 2012 23:52 GMT
#1190
On September 25 2012 07:53 Swish 41 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 07:42 AeonStrife wrote:
Steam won't let me add the game to my cart. I cant even buy the damn game before downloading it! Grrrrrr...


Try buy it as a gift or
http://www.torchlight2game.com/


I bought it on the runic games website, I think it was a bad idea T.T doesn;t come with steam key
WeedRa
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany815 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 13:52:15
September 24 2012 23:54 GMT
#1191
Yeah, just killed Vyrax and it was very entertaining
IMO at least as good as killing Diablo

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

mod edit: added spoiler tags
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 00:03:51
September 25 2012 00:03 GMT
#1192
On September 25 2012 07:07 rebuffering wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 06:39 a176 wrote:
theres something about this game that im enjoying so much more than d3. i cant put my finger on it, i mean, much of tl2 is like d3.

maybe its the stat points. its gotta be the stat points. ;d


I was thinking the same thing, i really dont know what is. Im thinking its actually that i always find some good loot every hour at least, theres always some good gear just around the corner.

The sheer amount of unique items is amazing, I don't think I found more than 2 unique's on d3 and they were both shit; I have a lot of really great uniques, some not so good but that's what the transmuter is for.

What this game does well is loot, and that's what you expect from these types of games, d3 didn't get it right.
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
September 25 2012 00:07 GMT
#1193
Question!?

Going mace and shield engy speccing bots, mines, force field, aegis so far. I can't die for now lvl22 act 2 but I can't kill anything (well I can, just takes awhile) is it worth getting fire and spark? I've dumped a few points into onslaught to help with charge building and it does have some nice benefits but I'm not so sure if it could be worth using as a damage dealer?
So wait? I'm bad? =(
GreyMasta
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada197 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 00:08:34
September 25 2012 00:08 GMT
#1194
On September 25 2012 08:54 WeedRa wrote:
Yeah, just killed Vyrax and it was very entertaining
IMO at least as good as killing Diablo


wtf. Mind putting some spoiler alert?
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 25 2012 00:11 GMT
#1195
On September 25 2012 09:07 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Question!?

Going mace and shield engy speccing bots, mines, force field, aegis so far. I can't die for now lvl22 act 2 but I can't kill anything (well I can, just takes awhile) is it worth getting fire and spark? I've dumped a few points into onslaught to help with charge building and it does have some nice benefits but I'm not so sure if it could be worth using as a damage dealer?


You aren't going to put a few points into fire and spark and magically become a dps machine. Chances are you just need to find a better weapon or realize that it will take forever to kill things on elite (assuming that is what you're playing).
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 00:34:09
September 25 2012 00:24 GMT
#1196
say hi to Hellsing!!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

is an unique called Warlock cap pretty good for dps.

And a whole dungeon dedicated to minecraft reference rofl:
[image loading]
[image loading]
Is a dungeon called Notch's mine in The sundered battlefield in Act3. <3
I am in act3 and i am taking it slowly. Goddamn the game is not easy now i died alot and screwed up 2 phase portals

This is my stats so far:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Goddamn i hope to find some really high dps range weapons.

On September 25 2012 07:25 kuroshiro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 07:14 hacpee wrote:
On September 25 2012 03:04 Kenthros wrote:
I have only 3 points that im sad about with this game, needs a upgradeable stash, would be nice to be able to res partners in the game if they die, and combat could be smoothed out little more seems like hitboxes are way to large and my guy moves when i dont want him to or doesnt move out of spells and keeps attacking. Other then that im very happy with this game. add me on steam if youd like to play Kenthros is the name.


I totally agree with you on those two points. Also, there is too much visual clutter, I think its from all the summons and pets.


Wow, I really feel like the hitboxes are way too small! It's really quite frustrating to play with the Outlander and keep either moving in to the enemy to get smashed if I miss a hitbox, or hitting nothing if I shift click because ranges are relatively short (compared to d2 where all ranged had infinite range). Ah well, I guess I just have to get used to `precision' clicking.


I actually think that one of the reasons that DH class in d3 is easy to play because of that ridiculous range. Outlander requires some brain cells which i am fine with that - my kiting technique now is actually estimating the range of my shotgun and shift click rofl. Blade pact is great for marking the mobs and i just shuriken on everything nowadays, acid rain is cool for killing mobs so far away from you too.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
September 25 2012 00:25 GMT
#1197
Some random thoughts, not much of an overall point or transitions between thoughts:

Overload does a crap ton of damage in my experience, it's mostly what I'm using to kill groups on my engineer (I also use shield bash and whatever the other pbaoe skill in the shield tree is to build charge for even better overloads ). I don't have any points in fire and spark though it seems like a really good passive. The fire shield bash is great for damage also once you get it but mainly it is useful for big single enemies since other stuff will die to overload anyway.

I got to level 42 and emberquake seemed really OP so I refunded the skill points I spent in it so I would do more than just mash one skill key in fights.

I'm playing veteran because I don't want to deal with elite, I don't want to play TL2 to challenge myself, I have other games for that.

Started up an Embermage too and that seems really fun. I like the embermage charge mechanic a lot, much more than the engineer's charge ... it's great fun to go build up charge and then suddenly the bar fills and you become super awesome and use your blink to move around instead of running and you unload your other great-but-mp-intensive skills like crazy. Also at least where I am (level ~18 or so?) there is no super heal/defensive skills like engineer has (heal bot) so I have to actually try to avoid damage, though prismatic bolts is still killing mostly everything before it gets to me anyway lol.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
Comogury
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States412 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 00:40:30
September 25 2012 00:28 GMT
#1198
On September 25 2012 09:08 GreyMasta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 08:54 WeedRa wrote:
Yeah, just killed Vyrax and it was very entertaining
IMO at least as good as killing Diablo


wtf. Mind putting some spoiler alert?

+ Show Spoiler +
well it's a pretty shallow side quest :p


I think outlanders kill everything a little too quickly in normal mode. Every time I run through an area, I just throw my glaives everywhere and watch everything die in 1-2 hits. However, it is fun doing this as it helps me get da monies. Each dungeon nets about 20-40k (maybe even more) after drops and stuff with +90% gold find and enough mana regen to spam glaives.
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
September 25 2012 00:30 GMT
#1199
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 25 2012 09:24 BurningSera wrote:
say hi to Hellsing!!
[image loading]
is an unique called Warlock cap pretty good for dps.

And a whole dungeon dedicated to minecraft reference rofl:
[image loading]
[image loading]

I am in act3 and i am taking it slowly. Goddamn the game is not easy now i died alot and screwed up 2 phase portals

This is my stats so far:
[image loading]

Goddamn i hope to find some really high dps range weapons.

Whaaaat? Where did you find that dungeon? Looks hilarious with all those creepers.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 00:53:27
September 25 2012 00:34 GMT
#1200
On September 25 2012 09:30 WArped wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 25 2012 09:24 BurningSera wrote:
say hi to Hellsing!!
[image loading]
is an unique called Warlock cap pretty good for dps.

And a whole dungeon dedicated to minecraft reference rofl:
[image loading]
[image loading]

I am in act3 and i am taking it slowly. Goddamn the game is not easy now i died alot and screwed up 2 phase portals

This is my stats so far:
[image loading]

Goddamn i hope to find some really high dps range weapons.

Whaaaat? Where did you find that dungeon? Looks hilarious with all those creepers.


Is a dungeon called Notch's mine in The sundered battlefield in Act3. I cannot stop laughing playing the dungeon now rofl
+ Show Spoiler +
Although it is a rather small dungeon i have to say haha but you get this
[image loading]
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1983
GuemChi 1582
Artosis 647
910 70
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
Counter-Strike
taco 455
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox500
Other Games
summit1g8348
Doublelift2283
JimRising 541
Day[9].tv346
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft294
Maynarde140
CosmosSc2 29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick980
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 1m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.