• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:09
CEST 03:09
KST 10:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8573 users

Torchlight II - Page 61

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 25 2012 00:46 GMT
#1201
On September 25 2012 07:25 kuroshiro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 07:14 hacpee wrote:
On September 25 2012 03:04 Kenthros wrote:
I have only 3 points that im sad about with this game, needs a upgradeable stash, would be nice to be able to res partners in the game if they die, and combat could be smoothed out little more seems like hitboxes are way to large and my guy moves when i dont want him to or doesnt move out of spells and keeps attacking. Other then that im very happy with this game. add me on steam if youd like to play Kenthros is the name.


I totally agree with you on those two points. Also, there is too much visual clutter, I think its from all the summons and pets.


Wow, I really feel like the hitboxes are way too small! It's really quite frustrating to play with the Outlander and keep either moving in to the enemy to get smashed if I miss a hitbox, or hitting nothing if I shift click because ranges are relatively short (compared to d2 where all ranged had infinite range). Ah well, I guess I just have to get used to `precision' clicking.

well as a ranged engineer, it's hard as shit to be standing in the middle of mobs and actually move out of them, it's odd. hitboxes are larger when you're in the middle, and smaller on the outside it seems.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Sitinte
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States499 Posts
September 25 2012 00:46 GMT
#1202
Just got this game and decided to roll a Engineer geared toward tanking/defense. I'm going to max out Heal Bot and Supercharge and one of the passive Aegis branch skills (the one that adds armor to attack strength), but I'm not sure what else to invest in and how I should allocate my stats, since the system uses diminishing returns.

Any tips?
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
September 25 2012 01:06 GMT
#1203
Looted this: http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-345581605772364634

So many stats. O_O
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
September 25 2012 01:18 GMT
#1204
And ye the dynamic hitbox thingy is screwing us outlanders bigtime.
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36923&sid=2dfe5cddc9cb98274fa573b21c85ac17
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
OopsOopsBaby
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Singapore3425 Posts
September 25 2012 01:42 GMT
#1205
anyone knows the exact +% of monster hp on elite?
s3x2-2 xiao3x2+2 bone3+2+2
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12017 Posts
September 25 2012 01:57 GMT
#1206
I have a slight problem.

I played my Engineer with a friend on Elite, but now, when i start a singleplayergame, it is always on normal for no apparent reason. I never chose normal with that character for anything, i also chose elite when i created her. Do i really have to start an internet game if i want to play alone just to get a different difficulty? Or is there some way to change this? It took me a bit of time to notice, i was just confused why everything was so easy.
CaM27
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium392 Posts
September 25 2012 02:28 GMT
#1207
Engi/Veteran here. Took me 42 levels to feel somehow badass, i acquired this weapon: http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=7992637540755525517 & i got this BOT you can only obtain at 40 level! Ah yaeh this game is awesome!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
September 25 2012 02:32 GMT
#1208
OP not too updated, but oh well.

Is this game worth buying? How long does it take to get to max level? Is there a lot of endgame content / things to do? How is the multiplayer aspect? How is the control system in comparison to Diablo III?

Thanks for your time~
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Luppy1
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore177 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 02:49:17
September 25 2012 02:48 GMT
#1209
I think everyone has a different perspective about the game now. Those who want to know how good the game might want to consider downloading the demo @ http://www.torchlight2game.com/
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
September 25 2012 03:13 GMT
#1210
Im level 11. I am a berserker or whatever it's called. So far the game (2nd to hardest mode) isn't messing around lol.

I like the skill choices so far and am enjoying it.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 25 2012 03:35 GMT
#1211
On September 25 2012 11:32 Shikyo wrote:
OP not too updated, but oh well.

Is this game worth buying? How long does it take to get to max level? Is there a lot of endgame content / things to do? How is the multiplayer aspect? How is the control system in comparison to Diablo III?

Thanks for your time~

Just read some random pages in this thread and you will see everybody is loving this game.
Max is 100, don't know how long it takes since there are severals difficult settings in the game.

End game is New game+ and Modding. But with just 2 play-through you will have a fantastic experience.

Multiplayer is smooth as silk, you can bring your progress from Single play to Multi play and vice versa.

Anyway, just but it, its $20, could easily be $50 game, so you got yourself a steal here.
Terran
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
September 25 2012 03:39 GMT
#1212
On September 25 2012 11:32 Shikyo wrote:
OP not too updated, but oh well.

Is this game worth buying? How long does it take to get to max level? Is there a lot of endgame content / things to do? How is the multiplayer aspect? How is the control system in comparison to Diablo III?

Thanks for your time~


Max level is 100. That will take quite some time.
The endgame is reasonable from what I can tell. If you feel bored you can always play hardcore on hardest diff.
Multiplayer is fine but more than 3 players and the particle effects blow up your screen. You just cant tell what the hell is going on.
The controls are not as good as in Diablo 3. The game has some high ground/low ground issues and your character doesnt always do what you tell it to.

I have mostly played embermage so far and the skill tree doesnt feel as intuitive as in Diablo 3. Basically its just not very fun to play mage in torchligt compared to in Diablo 3 imo but I cant speak for the other classes.

The main thing that Torchlight 2 has going for it is the loot that is much better than what Diablo 3 has to offer.
Comogury
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States412 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 04:31:39
September 25 2012 04:12 GMT
#1213
On September 25 2012 11:32 Shikyo wrote:
OP not too updated, but oh well.

Is this game worth buying? How long does it take to get to max level? Is there a lot of endgame content / things to do? How is the multiplayer aspect? How is the control system in comparison to Diablo III?

Thanks for your time~

There's always something to do, and you can always change the difficulty level via making an online lobby (I think).

The first play through took me about 18 or 19 hours and you barely get to level 49-51 unless you've been farming. After you beat the game, there's an area where you can basically choose any dungeon you want, and most maps will give you and/or the monsters perks such as +damage or +gold/magic find. NG+ is basically the same as jumping difficulties in D3. You finish the game, and all the mobs are higher leveled in the next run.

Right now I'm level 65 with ~23 hours played on my character. I don't know how long until level 100, but I would assume not much longer than getting to level 60 in D3.

The multiplayer is akin to Bnet of D2 and BW. There aren't any chat channels (unfortunately) and it's not particularly advanced. It's just a bunch of player-created lobbies that you can hop in and out of if they're open to the public. There's also PvP.

There's just no auction house or anything like that, which may turn some people away. However, they don't really need one because you basically find all your equipment and it'll all be pretty good. I also play with some friends so I just give them whatever I find. Also, vendors sell set items, and they aren't particularly expensive. You can literally just go back and forth between town and next area just talking to vendors to buy a whole set. Sets aren't completely broken, either, as they lose out to other equipment pretty quickly. You aren't going to wear the 7-piece level 20 set forever.

I mean, the game is relatively cheap at $20. I think you get just as much out of this game as D3 for more than 1/3rd the price.
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
September 25 2012 05:04 GMT
#1214
I discovered I can throw spider mines up and down cliffs. It's awesome haha. If I find a super big mob of guys I can't tank, I lure them to a cliff and mine them to death. Unless its a creature with a leap ability, then they still get me =(
So wait? I'm bad? =(
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 05:27:28
September 25 2012 05:24 GMT
#1215
Finished the game, tried out maps and new game +. Maps are 'eh' anyway.

Pretty fun. It's hard not to draw comparisons with D3, having played them both. Both stories are yawn-worthy, both are fun games. The combat/control in D3 is better, in torchlight it can be hard to hit what you want, mob fading is annoying, and dealing with higher/lower enemies can be frustrating. But boss fights are way better in Torchlight. The itemization is also much better in torchlight, feels good actually being able to have a 'build', and gems/enchants make this even better.

But I see why D3 changed the skill system, it's really annoying having skill points stuck forever because you didn't know how the game worked yet. Like skills that only proc on weapon hits, not skill hits? Doesn't ever tell you that. My outlander has over 10 points useless. But then again, why would i need them, most of the skills seem useless. I just spam glaives and everything on the screen explodes. I mean, i literally just run through spamming only that skill, and I've stacked so much mana regen I never really have to stop.

Still can't wait for mods, really made the original so great.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 25 2012 05:25 GMT
#1216
Looking for a new cannon, here are some weapons I have for trade:

http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-390783576244377125
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-2025089261715177755
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-4499910820181979822
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-8900853182010801417
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=48552698999920753


I am lv 62 with 217str/162 vit
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 08:17:00
September 25 2012 08:14 GMT
#1217
I am nearly there to finish the game and now i can finally go do that robot sidequest!!

Also, free 'dlc' as future patches, you gotta love runic games:
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36887

On September 25 2012 14:25 Silidons wrote:
Looking for a new cannon, here are some weapons I have for trade:

http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-390783576244377125
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-2025089261715177755
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-4499910820181979822
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-8900853182010801417
http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=48552698999920753


I am lv 62 with 217str/162 vit


That is one sick bow you have there!! I'll add you on steam when i online later!
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 08:16:47
September 25 2012 08:16 GMT
#1218
double.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
September 25 2012 08:25 GMT
#1219
On September 25 2012 11:32 Shikyo wrote:
OP not too updated, but oh well.

Is this game worth buying? How long does it take to get to max level? Is there a lot of endgame content / things to do? How is the multiplayer aspect? How is the control system in comparison to Diablo III?

Thanks for your time~

Torchlight 2 is a strange breed, basically you can play it SP and have a massive amount of fun(i did not expect that), of course you can play it online, but its not on close servers, kinda like open b.net D2.

Hard difficulties are hard, yet rewarding because the game is very appealing, loot is rewarding, maps have many variations (randomization) and scripted events are just awesome. For example, you open the chest and 20 skeletons jump over the wall. Or you come down the stairs and big ass boss appears and you run like crazy around. Gives the game unique journey aspect.

First i was worried i will never get immersed into more cartoonish style, but i was wrong, its more immersive than Diablo 3. Not because of story, but because of genius events, architecture, stylistic styles, and a Matt Uelman soundtrack.

The game is not really like D2, people say that because they want to give appreciation to the game, but the game does not play like D2 at all.
Stork[gm]
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
September 25 2012 08:49 GMT
#1220
On September 25 2012 12:39 DaCruise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 11:32 Shikyo wrote:
OP not too updated, but oh well.

Is this game worth buying? How long does it take to get to max level? Is there a lot of endgame content / things to do? How is the multiplayer aspect? How is the control system in comparison to Diablo III?

Thanks for your time~


Max level is 100. That will take quite some time.
The endgame is reasonable from what I can tell. If you feel bored you can always play hardcore on hardest diff.
Multiplayer is fine but more than 3 players and the particle effects blow up your screen. You just cant tell what the hell is going on.
The controls are not as good as in Diablo 3. The game has some high ground/low ground issues and your character doesnt always do what you tell it to.

I have mostly played embermage so far and the skill tree doesnt feel as intuitive as in Diablo 3. Basically its just not very fun to play mage in torchligt compared to in Diablo 3 imo but I cant speak for the other classes.

The main thing that Torchlight 2 has going for it is the loot that is much better than what Diablo 3 has to offer.

Thats funny because I find the embermage to be much better than it's Diablo 3 counterpart and more fun to play. I do agree with the high ground/low ground issues but I haven't found any issues with character control at all.
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings84
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1847
GuemChi 1601
Artosis 690
910 58
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm155
League of Legends
Doublelift3550
Counter-Strike
taco 132
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox307
Other Games
summit1g7578
shahzam619
JimRising 535
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde138
CosmosSc2 35
Day[9].tv7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP80
• davetesta24
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv7
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 51m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 51m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 51m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.