• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

Torchlight II - Page 63

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Novalisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Israel1818 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 16:46:30
September 25 2012 16:46 GMT
#1241
On September 26 2012 01:42 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 01:40 Novalisk wrote:
Is there any point to going 2-handed instead of dual wielding or 1h+shield?

Seems like flat damage bonuses are so common in this game, which work best with fast weapons for DPS.

Reduction from armor is also flat, with work best with slow weapons. Plus 2h is good at hitting multiple targets.


Reduced armor per hit is also best with attack speed, and there are lots of things which help ignore armor like berserker skills and claws. As for AoE, most of it comes from skills anyway.
/commercial
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
September 25 2012 16:48 GMT
#1242
No I agree berserkers would definitely benefit more from high as. But your question was if there was any benefit of 2h over dual wielding.
boomer hands
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 25 2012 16:50 GMT
#1243
If a skill is based on weapon damage then your weapon damage is a lot higher with a two handed weapon, even if they have the same dps since one handed weapons are faster than two handers.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 16:59:17
September 25 2012 16:52 GMT
#1244
On September 25 2012 21:37 BlitzerSC wrote:
So, my stash is completly full on gem. What should I do with them ? I already used all the sockets on my items and the transmuter seems really random. Should I sell them ?
Transmute them, but be sure to transmute similar level gems. It will always give you a rare or better gem of the lowest level gem you put in there. I don't remember if you can get unique gems that way, but you can definitely get the best rares.
On September 26 2012 01:50 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
If a skill is based on weapon damage then your weapon damage is a lot higher with a two handed weapon, even if they have the same dps since one handed weapons are faster than two handers.
Skills are based on weapon DPS, not weapon damage. I haven't tested it out yet, but after thinking about the 2h builds for a while my brain ended up spotting weapon DPS and not damage, which makes me think that 2hander builds are probably terrible.
On September 26 2012 01:40 Novalisk wrote:
Is there any point to going 2-handed instead of dual wielding or 1h+shield?

Seems like flat damage bonuses are so common in this game, which work best with fast weapons for DPS.
I haven't tested this out yet either, but when you socket a flat damage gem, the DPS increase on your weapon doesn't factor in the attack speed. Basically, a +35 damage gem adds 35 dps to your weapon. The character sheet seems to agree. I think it would also be much easier to balance this way, so this is likely by design and not a bug, but the gem description should be updated to reflect this.
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
September 25 2012 16:58 GMT
#1245
On September 26 2012 01:52 Pwere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 21:37 BlitzerSC wrote:
So, my stash is completly full on gem. What should I do with them ? I already used all the sockets on my items and the transmuter seems really random. Should I sell them ?
Transmute them, but be sure to transmute similar level gems. It will always give you a rare or better gem of the lowest level gem you put in there. I don't remember if you can get unique gems that way, but you can definitely get the best rares.
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 01:50 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
If a skill is based on weapon damage then your weapon damage is a lot higher with a two handed weapon, even if they have the same dps since one handed weapons are faster than two handers.
Skills are based on weapon DPS, not weapon damage. I haven't tested it out yet, but after thinking about the 2h builds for a while my brain ended up spotting weapon DPS and not damage, which makes me think that 2hander builds are probably terrible.

2-handed has more overall dps, ignoring execute which doesn't do anything for spells afaik. Dual-wielding doesn't stack the damage of the two weapons, so unless you have some sick bonus to dual wielding buffs and only bad 2-handed weapons, 2-handed dps > dual-wield dps.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 17:04:08
September 25 2012 17:00 GMT
#1246
Unless you have high execute chance or an off-hand with really good mods, I have a hard time believing that 2-weapon is better than 1 weapon + shield.

That said, 100% execute chance is pretty easy to get.

On September 25 2012 21:37 BlitzerSC wrote:
So, my stash is completly full on gem. What should I do with them ? I already used all the sockets on my items and the transmuter seems really random. Should I sell them ?

Personally I used a bunch of my gems to punch sockets into uniques/sets I'm saving for other characters. It used up the vast majority of my low level gems.
Moderator
Novalisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Israel1818 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 17:20:16
September 25 2012 17:12 GMT
#1247
On September 26 2012 01:52 Pwere wrote:
I haven't tested this out yet either, but when you socket a flat damage gem, the DPS increase on your weapon doesn't factor in the attack speed. Basically, a +35 damage gem adds 35 dps to your weapon. The character sheet seems to agree. I think it would also be much easier to balance this way, so this is likely by design and not a bug, but the gem description should be updated to reflect this.


I tested it, flat damage gems get calculated with attack speed into weapon DPS.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
/commercial
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 25 2012 17:15 GMT
#1248
On September 26 2012 01:52 Pwere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 01:50 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
If a skill is based on weapon damage then your weapon damage is a lot higher with a two handed weapon, even if they have the same dps since one handed weapons are faster than two handers.
Skills are based on weapon DPS, not weapon damage. I haven't tested it out yet, but after thinking about the 2h builds for a while my brain ended up spotting weapon DPS and not damage, which makes me think that 2hander builds are probably terrible.


While this is true, I assumed that it takes the range displayed from your character screen (which is much larger for two handed weapons even if they have the same dps as one handed). I will test it later when I have time.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
September 25 2012 17:34 GMT
#1249
Where can I see the stat of +minion dmg/health?
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
September 25 2012 17:44 GMT
#1250
How do you guys get money? :/

I use like 99% of the money i earn for new potions and stuff.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
September 25 2012 18:02 GMT
#1251
On September 26 2012 02:12 Novalisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 01:52 Pwere wrote:
I haven't tested this out yet either, but when you socket a flat damage gem, the DPS increase on your weapon doesn't factor in the attack speed. Basically, a +35 damage gem adds 35 dps to your weapon. The character sheet seems to agree. I think it would also be much easier to balance this way, so this is likely by design and not a bug, but the gem description should be updated to reflect this.


I tested it, flat damage gems get calculated with attack speed into weapon DPS.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Not sure what that screenshot proves, and it might be different for enchants/sockets/affixes. But I definitely know that my +27 phys damage enchant on my 0.56 AS pistol only increased its listed DPs by 27.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 21:33:10
September 25 2012 18:05 GMT
#1252
On September 26 2012 03:02 Pwere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2012 02:12 Novalisk wrote:
On September 26 2012 01:52 Pwere wrote:
I haven't tested this out yet either, but when you socket a flat damage gem, the DPS increase on your weapon doesn't factor in the attack speed. Basically, a +35 damage gem adds 35 dps to your weapon. The character sheet seems to agree. I think it would also be much easier to balance this way, so this is likely by design and not a bug, but the gem description should be updated to reflect this.


I tested it, flat damage gems get calculated with attack speed into weapon DPS.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Not sure what that screenshot proves, and it might be different for enchants/sockets/affixes. But I definitely know that my +27 phys damage enchant on my 0.56 AS pistol only increased its listed DPs by 27.


Enchants may work differently, but this is very easy to test if you come across a multisocket claw. You can get an absurd weapon very easily since the gems scale off attack speed.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
September 25 2012 18:27 GMT
#1253
On September 26 2012 02:44 Zoler wrote:
How do you guys get money? :/

I use like 99% of the money i earn for new potions and stuff.


To time when you gonna drop gems that give you hp/mana on hit.
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
September 25 2012 21:03 GMT
#1254
Does anyone know if +staff/+wand %damage affects spell damage?

Like: http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-6452063213004546862
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
September 25 2012 21:07 GMT
#1255
When you look at your "Character" tab and it does your "Damage" is that representative of DPS or just straight damage?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 25 2012 21:16 GMT
#1256
On September 26 2012 06:03 musai wrote:
Does anyone know if +staff/+wand %damage affects spell damage?

Like: http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-6452063213004546862

I would assume it applies the same way other +weapon damage affects spells--that it affects spells that do % weapon DPS, and not spells that do flat damage.
Moderator
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
September 25 2012 21:58 GMT
#1257
For the engies out there; have you found better use out of forcefield or Aegis? I'm undecided about which to max at this point. I haven't seen anybody who has maxed Aegis, is the proc reliable enough?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
September 25 2012 22:19 GMT
#1258
So I've messed around with each class, and I think the one I'm going to stick with is the Berserker.

I'm so torn on where to put my stat and skill points, though, and I don't really know what kind of weapons I should be aiming for.

I've been pumping strength and dexterity, but at level 11, I have 6 unspent skill points that I keep allocating and then refunding, and then allocating again.

I just want to kill stuff.

Also, what kind of weapons should I be using? I've been running with claw weapons, but I feel like I do so little damage =\
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 25 2012 22:46 GMT
#1259
On September 26 2012 07:19 MrBitter wrote:
So I've messed around with each class, and I think the one I'm going to stick with is the Berserker.

I'm so torn on where to put my stat and skill points, though, and I don't really know what kind of weapons I should be aiming for.

I've been pumping strength and dexterity, but at level 11, I have 6 unspent skill points that I keep allocating and then refunding, and then allocating again.

I just want to kill stuff.

Also, what kind of weapons should I be using? I've been running with claw weapons, but I feel like I do so little damage =\


I prefer claws personally. The rapid attack rate synergizes so well with some of berserkers passives, namely the armor shred/steal. You can put one point into Eviscerate to deal with the lack of AoE. Just remember that you're attacking twice a second when you think about how little your hits are

I don't think Dexterity is worthwhile as a berserker either, but if you forego it completely then you cannot use claws until you reach the level requirement as they all seem to require STR and DEX. I'm dumping everything into STR personally, although I think I might need some focus eventually as all the legendary weapons seem to do elemental damage.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
September 25 2012 22:49 GMT
#1260
im dumping everything into str and vita, cauz lateron u are every 10 sec fully charged so its pointless to get base crit, just get executioner and frenzy mastery and at lvl ~40 around u are almost always charged
yo
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 177
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 505
910 60
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm47
League of Legends
Doublelift1849
Super Smash Bros
PPMD63
Other Games
summit1g10174
Grubby3183
shahzam605
C9.Mang0251
PiGStarcraft209
Maynarde80
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 40
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21644
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
13m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.