• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8331 users

Torchlight II - Page 64

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
September 25 2012 23:00 GMT
#1261
On September 26 2012 06:58 EchelonTee wrote:
For the engies out there; have you found better use out of forcefield or Aegis? I'm undecided about which to max at this point. I haven't seen anybody who has maxed Aegis, is the proc reliable enough?


I'm maxing both, but I'm only like lvl 26 so far. It looks like aegis will end up at around 15% proc or so? That seems pretty reliable seeing as most fights are swarms of stuff hitting you.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
RonNation
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States385 Posts
September 25 2012 23:19 GMT
#1262
On September 26 2012 07:19 MrBitter wrote:
So I've messed around with each class, and I think the one I'm going to stick with is the Berserker.

I'm so torn on where to put my stat and skill points, though, and I don't really know what kind of weapons I should be aiming for.

I've been pumping strength and dexterity, but at level 11, I have 6 unspent skill points that I keep allocating and then refunding, and then allocating again.

I just want to kill stuff.

Also, what kind of weapons should I be using? I've been running with claw weapons, but I feel like I do so little damage =\


I'd probably go with your highest DPS weapon and not worry about spending all of your skill points right away. Use what skill points you need for your weapons/armor until you get to a point where you want to focus one direction. I found that I could go 2/3 levels without touching skill points until I needed them.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 23:57:18
September 25 2012 23:22 GMT
#1263
Just finished the game. One of the very few games that satisfied me in almost every aspect from recent years. Great people made great games. May be i'll write a review in blog soon. I'll move on to NG+ after i am sure that I have cleared every sidequests.

Also, looks like the minecraft easter egg dungeon spawns randomly, I got the gold sword hehe:
[image loading]
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
xBebop
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)23 Posts
September 26 2012 00:39 GMT
#1264
Has anyone else logged in to see that their last playing session was erased? I've been loving the game a lot, but it sucked when I woke up this morning to see the last few hours of my last night's play had been erased. It isn't a huge deal because I've just been leveling all kinds of characters and doing all kinds of builds, but I lost some fun uniques I was planning on trying out on other characters. Anyone else having their game seem to revert unexpectedly?
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 00:41:38
September 26 2012 00:41 GMT
#1265
are you playing through steam? make sure you allow cloud to update torchlight fully each time you close and open the game again.

also, no one use any item with % chance to charm, it crashes the game
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 26 2012 00:58 GMT
#1266
On September 26 2012 09:41 Silidons wrote:
are you playing through steam? make sure you allow cloud to update torchlight fully each time you close and open the game again.

also, no one use any item with % chance to charm, it crashes the game


Should turn steam cloud off actually unless you're playing on more than one computer. The files are saved locally and they get fucked up because of steam cloud. If you ever get that message to choose steam cloud or local files then your local files are more up to date.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
CaM27
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium392 Posts
September 26 2012 01:13 GMT
#1267
Just finished the game at lvl 54 on veteran difficulty! Last part was a bit troublesome, lots of slashing ^^ (poor mouse)

Anyway this is how my char looked like! Engi with a mix of robot/aegis/& the other one ^^

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
September 26 2012 01:17 GMT
#1268
Quick Q: does focus increase mana regeneration?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
September 26 2012 01:37 GMT
#1269
need mod for respec. level 98 and i really want my 10 skill points that i wasted on poison burst T.T

or better yet, i wish it worked with glaive kills
Comogury
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States412 Posts
September 26 2012 02:09 GMT
#1270
On September 26 2012 10:17 EchelonTee wrote:
Quick Q: does focus increase mana regeneration?

Technically it does since it increases your maximum mana, and all classes have base 4% mana regeneration.
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 02:44:16
September 26 2012 02:38 GMT
#1271
Ok, I'm really confused with how dual wielding works vs running a 2 hander.

If I dual wield, do both weapons deal 100% damage?

Which one determines weapon damage abilities?

Does attack speed have any relevance outside of the swing timer?

If I have two 100 DPS 1 handers, am I doing 200 dps?

Here are the weapons I'm laboring between. Let me know what you guys would do:

http://i.imgur.com/ivCRd.jpg

I FEEL like I do more damage with the 2 hander. But in my mind, I should do more damage while dual wielding any combination of the three 1 handers.

I'm a Berserker, and I still haven't figured out where to allocate my points ;p
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 03:02:26
September 26 2012 03:00 GMT
#1272
On September 26 2012 11:38 MrBitter wrote:
Ok, I'm really confused with how dual wielding works vs running a 2 hander.

If I dual wield, do both weapons deal 100% damage?

Which one determines weapon damage abilities?

Does attack speed have any relevance outside of the swing timer?

If I have two 100 DPS 1 handers, am I doing 200 dps?

Here are the weapons I'm laboring between. Let me know what you guys would do:

http://i.imgur.com/ivCRd.jpg

I FEEL like I do more damage with the 2 hander. But in my mind, I should do more damage while dual wielding any combination of the three 1 handers.

I'm a Berserker, and I still haven't figured out where to allocate my points ;p


You attack individually with each weapon unless you execute. You're better off using a shield until you're higher level and can get gear that gives 100% execute. The dps between the two weapons is averaged and the second weapon basically turns into a stat stick. However, stats are so low early on that it is quite meaningless to actually use one.

Attack speed does not effect cast speed as it is a separate stat in this game.

That two hander is significantly stronger than any of the one handers, but it doesn't synergize as well with your passives as I talked about in my previous post. If you aren't dumping points into the on hit passives though then this is all quite meaningless.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
xBebop
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)23 Posts
September 26 2012 03:02 GMT
#1273
From what I understand 2 100 dps weapons means you do 100 dps. The attacks seem to alternate. If you have a high execute chance then you do more dps because I think execute is both weapons attacking together. But, without executing I'm pretty sure you are swinging one after the other, which would mean you average the two weapons to get your dps. Many attacks do weapon dps as a modifier so I think 2hs will do more damage with abilities.

I think this means that MH weapon determines the modifier for the ability you are using, so MH should always be the most dps if you are dual wielding.

The only thing I can think of that will matter to all dps if you are dual wielding is any affix or spell that increases damage while dual wielding. This will be a flat increase to your %damage regardless of other stats.

I could be completely wrong, but this is how I understand it
recklessfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States373 Posts
September 26 2012 03:45 GMT
#1274
On September 26 2012 10:37 wooozy wrote:
need mod for respec. level 98 and i really want my 10 skill points that i wasted on poison burst T.T

or better yet, i wish it worked with glaive kills


u can respec


Find the savegame folder (Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\save)
and edit the settings.txt.

Find the line with CONSOLE :0 and change that to 1.

Then when in-game,
you can open the console with Insert-key and type 'resetskills' to reset your skills.

warning: when someone else inspects you, they can see that you used console commands.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
September 26 2012 03:58 GMT
#1275
As a note to anyone who hasn't played torchlight 1: the game is available in the newest indie bundle so you can get it on the cheap.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Moochlol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States456 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 04:10:36
September 26 2012 04:00 GMT
#1276
Me and my brother are currently level 40 engineers (Flame Hammer builds) on elite mode over lan. No console commands used! Has been really fun and challenging. I suggest before you start a class, you use console commands on a test char to figure out your build and skills. And also to find out if you like the play style, it's has really helped us find the chars we wanted to play, and then keep them unflagged.
blaaaaaarghhhhh
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 26 2012 04:00 GMT
#1277
On September 26 2012 10:37 wooozy wrote:
need mod for respec. level 98 and i really want my 10 skill points that i wasted on poison burst T.T

or better yet, i wish it worked with glaive kills

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=35925

Make sure you backup your stashes as it OVERWRITES. This is major unless you don't have anything in your stash already.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 04:08:17
September 26 2012 04:07 GMT
#1278
[image loading] (Click it)

I just wanted to show off this sword that's served me well for the past 10 levels. I think if I do replace it, I'll just keep it in storage for memory. Loving the game as I play it on and off, much more than Diablo III did for me. Ignore the execute gem, I was just trying to free up space in storage. I'll replace it soon enough!
snow2.0
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany2073 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 04:25:31
September 26 2012 04:24 GMT
#1279
Anything wrong with Berserkers blood hunger (hungry?) ?

I thought i'd reg up to full in no time with Frenzy and Rampage, but the passive doesn't seem to do much at all, outside of isolated crits in an easy to survey scenario.
Is it really a heal over time instead of a heal, and can't stack?
Sitinte
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States499 Posts
September 26 2012 04:40 GMT
#1280
On September 26 2012 13:00 Moochlol wrote:
Me and my brother are currently level 40 engineers (Flame Hammer builds) on elite mode over lan. No console commands used! Has been really fun and challenging. I suggest before you start a class, you use console commands on a test char to figure out your build and skills. And also to find out if you like the play style, it's has really helped us find the chars we wanted to play, and then keep them unflagged.


How's the survivability of Hammer Engineers? I've been looking into it after deciding that my tankgineer is fun, but a bit slow.
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1461
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 376
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1461
RotterdaM 969
MaxPax 224
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC 183
RuFF_SC2 131
ZombieGrub108
UpATreeSC 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2633
Shuttle 456
Dewaltoss 114
910 66
Mind 59
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1117
Fnx 692
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu831
Other Games
summit1g3666
Grubby3088
Beastyqt741
shahzam496
C9.Mang0171
mouzStarbuck127
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV257
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 180
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade546
Other Games
• imaqtpie657
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.