• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:13
CEST 22:13
KST 05:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9285 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 22

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
June 23 2010 04:05 GMT
#421
On June 22 2010 14:12 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 03:30 oscar62 wrote:
that lovage guy is pretty amazing huh

SUP MOGWAI

yo, lovage, what's good son?

you should come back to East Coast some time so that we can play way too fuck late again, that was good times. i haven't been keeping an eye on WC shit at all recently, anything looking national level out there in the not-too-distant future?


lovage on teamliquid o.o holy shit
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
ScytheMan01
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States114 Posts
June 23 2010 18:14 GMT
#422
Main: Falcon/Falco
Active: Going to first tourney this weekend lol
Location: Bloomington, IN
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
June 25 2010 01:33 GMT
#423
Trailer for Calle W's (second best player in Sweden, Armadas main opponent) combo video:



Too awesome to miss!
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 25 2010 18:14 GMT
#424
pretty silly, but that combo on the Marth that ended with a high offstage dair -> knee his up B was dirty, lol.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Antifate
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States415 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-26 15:22:03
June 26 2010 15:19 GMT
#425
Calle W's videos always have the best music. :-P

I like his character variety. Strange that there was no Falco though.
No one is taller than the last man standing.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
June 26 2010 23:55 GMT
#426
On June 27 2010 00:19 Antifate wrote:
Calle W's videos always have the best music. :-P

I like his character variety. Strange that there was no Falco though.


There was Falco o.O Tho I think he's saving most of those for his real combo vid
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
darkmetal505
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States639 Posts
July 23 2010 15:44 GMT
#427
Anyone here going to Apex? Wish I could.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
July 23 2010 16:01 GMT
#428
I'm probably going, but I honestly don't even remember when it is, so, yea, I might end up being busy instead :p.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
September 03 2010 11:03 GMT
#429
rom3 is gonna be the shiiiiett

genesis 2, too
pTen
Profile Joined August 2010
United States14 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-03 12:54:42
September 03 2010 12:54 GMT
#430
Main: Falco
Active: Owned the game since it's release. Played in a 2 tournaments as brawl's release date neared.
Location: New Jersey

pTen>synapse
"Just because the logic is sound, it doesn't mean it's right." Lloyd Irving
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
December 23 2010 09:01 GMT
#431
So just out of the blue, me and my 3 friends decided we're going to go pro in smash. Totally on a whim, and unrealistic but should be something to occupy us during winter break :D

Is there still a melee scene or is everything over to brawl now?
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
hehe
Profile Joined April 2009
United States132 Posts
December 23 2010 09:08 GMT
#432
yea go to smashboards you can play it online with people there I used to play all the time and some people there are really good with every character but if yu are just starting out play Marth
and learn basic stuff like wave dashing etching and l cancel
DarkOptik
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
452 Posts
December 23 2010 16:08 GMT
#433
Depending on where you live, it may or may not be very hard to find a melee scene. The tournament listings forum on smashboards.com is pretty helpful for that. That being said, the melee scene is slowly dying (even physically, as discs are becoming scratched up/unusable and there are no more in production lol).
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
December 23 2010 16:18 GMT
#434
Olol, how have I missed this thread?! Anyone going to BEAST? It'll be the most awesome tourney ever!
Happiest man on earth
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 23 2010 16:29 GMT
#435
if you're in the northeast or Cali you should be set. otherwise it's a bit of a crap shoot, but you'll probably be able to find someone through smashboards.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Poilon
Profile Joined December 2010
France139 Posts
May 16 2011 15:20 GMT
#436
Hi, i know it's an old thread, but i'm still a ssbm player and still love this game. I'm #1 in France and I just want to know if other ssbm player i know are in this forum and play starcraft 2 now.

Here is my combo video :



and a trailer i've made for another one :



Thanks.
Des rats des rats
VashTS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1675 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-16 16:08:54
May 16 2011 16:01 GMT
#437
Edit: For the OP:
Vash
Main: Err.. Peach, Mario, and random I guess. Was able to play anybody skillfully except for Mewtwo.
Active: God if I know. Ever since Smash 64 came out until about a year or 2 ago, maybe. Never played super competitively, but was better then anybody I knew, and better then almost everybody I didn't know. Very very few times did I lose. Wasn't as good as hardcore competitive guys or pros, but meh, never needed to be.
Location: Lindenwold, New Jersey. (half hour from Philly, 45mins from Atlantic City)
/edit

God I remember playing Melee all the time, even after Brawl came out. Grabbed second place at a torney in South Jersey after switching between Peach, Mario, and I think Pikachu, whereas everybody else mained 1 char. Scrubs. =) Lost to my m8 from school who was said to be "the best in the northeast" or something, with some big name torneys under his belt (I knew little more then that, tbh). Never played him before, but he was pretty good. He mained Gannondorf, I apprehensively went with Mario over Peach, which ended up being my downfall. Me and my bud both agreed that my Peach was ridiculous, but I was on a nice, long hot-streak with Mario, so... Damn it, that decision still haunts me. Always trust your first instinct, people. Always.

Played another one at the Brawl release, which was indeed Brawl, not Melee, and managed to kill myself with Peach (who I decided to main) god knows how many times since we were forced to use Wiimotes. Made it to the quarterfinals and lost to the eventual winner, in a very close match. Got him down to his last life with about 70% damage, and lost to his Pit. Talked with him afterwards. Apparently, he had been playing the Japanese port for months, the bastard. I was so jelly.

In that same night, I found out another Gamestop was holding the same torney at Noon the next day, which was the day the game released, which meant a few hours of practice for me! Woke up, bought the game at 8 when Gamestop opened, bought a breakfast sandwich and stuff, practiced at my cousins with my bud and his bro (and my cousin a bit) for like 3 hours, and went in geared up to dominate. Which I pretty much did. Like seriously, they were all scrubs except for me and my bud. I beat 2 people without getting more then 50% damage and a 3rd without losing any lives. However, to my surprise, they ran the tournament very... weird. They allowed items and random stages, which included the 3 initial ones from the map builder, instead of Battlefield Only, and then ended up letting people play Luigi when he got unlocked. -_-; Forget if I got to the Finals or Semi's, but I LOST to a guy who played Fox on "Sample Map C: Large" or whatever it was called, and did nothing but chase down Smash Balls with his I'm-faster-then-Peach speed... But here's the REAL kicker: Both down to our last life, he gets another Smash Ball (..........), and GLITCHES DOWNWARD through the whole map, and lands on my friggen head for a kill. The judge said gg no re. Whatthefuck!?

A while later, somebody pointed out a few vids to me one day on Youtube, and I realized... Damn, this game (Melee) can be abusive as hell. =/

Lost my love for the game that day... But damn, did I love it. Don't play that, and rarely play Brawl at all, anymore.
VashTS; 330; Random -- Ranked #9 Pokemon Video Game Player in the World in 2009
Xevious
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2086 Posts
June 12 2011 02:55 GMT
#438
I used to play somewhat competitively, won a couple local tourneys but nothing big. Main reason I left was because I was just really bored with the game and I was a bit dissapoint ed with the competitive community (probably because I was so attached to the amazing one SC has ^_^).
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
June 12 2011 04:30 GMT
#439
Smash has an excellent competitive community o_O other than not having online capability...
Parsistamon
Profile Joined July 2010
United States390 Posts
June 12 2011 05:29 GMT
#440
This game is the best, and I love it, but I've never been able to really play at a very high level. My friends and I play all the time at college, but I have trouble incorporating advanced techniques into my play (they aren't even aware of them). How do you guys practice? Do you just lose a lot until you can successfully take advantage of the (basic) advanced techniques? I'd love to continue to improve.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O88
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason96
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16413
Mini 369
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 129
ggaemo 110
firebathero 102
ZZZero.O 88
Terrorterran 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift2045
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2794
fl0m1039
Beastyqt867
mouzStarbuck300
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie709
• Shiphtur263
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 47m
INu's Battles
15h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.