• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:43
CEST 16:43
KST 23:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9361 users

[TV] Mr. Robot - Page 6

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
June 06 2016 01:33 GMT
#101
I can totally see they're using alot of elements to make up their world and to progress the story that have been used before. I can also see that it's definitely not the easiest thing to come up with a completely original setting in today's television/cinema landscape (SO many resources poured into it, SO much production).
Breaking Bas is essentially a guy who makes meth and deals with his competition mixed with family issues (and the family issues rising from it) and is, when boiled down to the core, not the most original set up either. However, they made it work brilliantly with all the tools they have. GoT is essentially an epic, in a middle-age setting, Day's Of Our Lives, but it works because reasons.
Mr Robot has an excellent score, great film editing and cinematography and acting accompanied with an intriguing, albeit non completely oringinal, story. It's what makes it so good for me.
I can't really find any issues with this show to be honest, other than it might've been figured out already. But which show hasn't?
Taxes are for Terrans
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
June 28 2016 11:30 GMT
#102
I binged S1 when watching it for the first time and it was definitely quite the ride. Season two starts in a couple of weeks, Jul 13! Looking forward to watching it and having time to digest between episodes.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Dota 2 - Secret Shop
Profile Joined June 2016
United States3 Posts
June 28 2016 15:52 GMT
#103
--- Nuked ---
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
July 11 2016 10:59 GMT
#104
USA network, or more specifically the mr. robot social media team has been on fire the last couple days.

Just today fsociety "hacked" their social media and pre-released the first episode of season two. Havent seen it yet, as it was only available for two hours before it got "taken down". Managed to find a download and cant wait to watch it (seems to only be episode one, so theres still episode two to watch come thursday (here in europe).
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
July 11 2016 18:05 GMT
#105
I missed the pre-release - no worries though.

Two more days!
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
July 11 2016 20:19 GMT
#106
Well fuck, i watched s02e01 just now (as expected - fantastic), only its clear that episode one and two are meant to be watched as a two-parter - which in turn means waiting even two (or three in my case) more days is god damn too long.

Well played USAnetwork, well played.

afk hibernating till thursday
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
July 14 2016 19:23 GMT
#107
I liked the new episode - but it could be a bit better. I kind of get what they are trying to do, but...0
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
July 22 2016 15:09 GMT
#108
Man this last episode was something else, eh...
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
July 30 2016 00:17 GMT
#109
for those who watched episode 4: https://www.whoismrrobot.com/massacre/
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
DCWasabi
Profile Joined December 2010
United States368 Posts
July 30 2016 03:44 GMT
#110
On July 23 2016 00:09 Mattes wrote:
Man this last episode was something else, eh...


My favorite show ever
"Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
August 09 2016 01:25 GMT
#111
On July 30 2016 12:44 DCWasabi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2016 00:09 Mattes wrote:
Man this last episode was something else, eh...


My favorite show ever


I really don't understand why this show isn't more popular. Feel like it's going to be a late bloomer like Orphan Black.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-09 13:14:42
August 09 2016 13:07 GMT
#112
Maybe because after the great pilot it had a few pretty mediocre episodes until it became really good again.
coverpunch
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2093 Posts
August 11 2016 05:09 GMT
#113
Loving the meta of the show poking fun at sitcoms, the network, and all the characters in a really messed up way.
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
August 17 2016 01:40 GMT
#114
Renewed for a third season! Woot!
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
August 17 2016 01:42 GMT
#115
good news
I wish it wouldn't be so slow though... I feel like this season barely started yet
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
August 19 2016 06:50 GMT
#116
On August 17 2016 10:42 Yhamm wrote:
good news
I wish it wouldn't be so slow though... I feel like this season barely started yet


Kinda agree. Took 7 episodes to reveal the prison scenario, that i read from a reddit thread after the first two episodes. Someone guessed right, lol.

At least each episode has been well made, despite it being slowish.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
August 19 2016 22:13 GMT
#117
I did not expect what happened at the end of ep 7 at all
man, I want to watch previous 6 eps now... so annoying
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
August 20 2016 02:51 GMT
#118
On August 19 2016 15:50 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2016 10:42 Yhamm wrote:
good news
I wish it wouldn't be so slow though... I feel like this season barely started yet


Kinda agree. Took 7 episodes to reveal the prison scenario, that i read from a reddit thread after the first two episodes. Someone guessed right, lol.

At least each episode has been well made, despite it being slowish.


That wasn't probably the "biggest" reveal of the episode.

I do believe Leon working for WhiteRose/DarkArmy is the biggest reveal. Also the whole Elliot keeping things from "us".

:D this show is such a mind fuck, it's lovely.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 22 2016 00:09 GMT
#119
on principle I dislike twists that ask more questions then are answered but I really liked this one. The fact that the reveal was in the area were people from the outside talk to the inmates and thats where anyone from the outside has interacted with him. Plus it ties up a lot of werid things from the previous episodes that were foreshadowing.

Whats he in for though? There is no way that its for the murder and its not going to be dumb writing so he has to get out at some point soon.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
August 29 2016 20:17 GMT
#120
I just finished watching the first Season, and I have to say, my feelings are mixed.

After watching the first episode, I definitely had a perspective that this wouldn't be an all psychiatric TV show, I was really hoping for a more realistic hacking TV show (which I thought particularly the first episode did better than any movie I've ever seen), and dealing with the world... Instead of it all being shit in your head, with unbelievable hacking and characters on the side. So in that regard, the show really let me down.

What I'm quite surprised is that there's been no mention of Hannibal in this thread, and that's probably why. Anyone who watched all of Hannibal wouldn't go watch this, as it's essentially an analogues copy. This genre has little to no replay value, and really, once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

I remember a similar feeling with Hannibal, how initially it caught my attention and I was interested, but then it just got kind of silly and dumb, with the writers purposely leaving out crucial information however they felt like, to make these twists and wow moments be unexpected. I dunno, it feels really artificial, and I think for most people, the further they get into a show like this, the more let down they'll be, so tread with caution.

I don't know how this show compares to one like Dexter, but I don't care much to find out, as any show that's criticized by most of its following is usually not worth watching. I'm kind of looking at watching a new show, since from the ongoing ones (GoT, Vikings, Better Call Saul, Walking Dead [bleh], Bob's Burgers, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine)... After Parks & Rec, Hannibal, and Breaking Bad ending, and having watched some other historic TV shows like Rome, I could use a new one to watch.

On TL in terms of popularity, Suits is up there, but to me it just looks like another "Lost" or "Walking Dead" type of thing, and from rl friends I've heard it's very repetitive, so not something that is inciting much interest in me, then we have Fear the Walking Dead, which since it's also made by AMC, and after what Walking Dead is, never again. No need to try and get put in that situation where they try to hook you on subpar TV. Sorry fans, but come on, 90% of people watching Walking Dead now are doing it for the sake of starting it and the sunk time, we all complain after watching it. Those are mostly the two shows I'll never give a chance, and everything else but superhero stuff is fair game for me.

From TL, Sherlock on BBC looks neat, my girlfriend likes Rick and Morty, but the humor looks a little bit... I don't want to say immature, but I enjoy a silly comedy if it's a "feel good" one, for which my examples would be Bob's Burgers, Brooklyn Nine-nine, Parks and Rec, The Office... While my other category is "asshole humor", which like Family Guy or American Dad, or Southpark and I'm not sure exactly where Rick and Morty is on that spectrum. I'm not a big fan of the art style of it either, but that's an acquired taste.

Silicon Valley seems like a nice topic, but it requires perfect execution to be believable, especially since it's a topic I have a bit of an understanding in. Most TV shows are bad at making modern engineering and science look realistic, hence my skepticism there. Then I see Arrow, Banshee, Homeland that I don't know much about... also House of Cards which I've heard great things about from many people, maybe that should be my next show. True Detective, Fargo, Boardwalk Empire, among others also look great. A friend also recommended Lucifer to me, but I watched the trailer, and reminds me a bit too much of Supernatural, which is one of those shows that has a bit too much fantasy for me. Yes, GoT has fantasy too, but there's so much stuff happening there, that it's not what draws me in, it's rather the interactions, strategizing, an depth.

Anyway, choosing a right show for me is important, cause it's difficult for me to drop even shows that I'm not enjoying much, I'm not sure if I'm the only here that does that. But yeah, onto the thread topic, after episode 1 which I thought was very well done, and this is before I even knew anything about the show, what kind of category it was, or watching a trailer, I thought it was good. Then from episode 2-4, my view declined and declined, seeing as there really isn't going to be much hacking, and the scale of the show is a lot lower than I thought it'd be. Then maybe around episode 5, the drug usage stuff slowed down a bit, and I finally thought they were getting into something more normal than I expected, but it was kind of false hopes. Naturally episode 7-first half of 9, my interest went up a bit due to the climax of the season, and the father -> all hallucinations kind of thing, but I was then quickly let down that this show will have minimal to do with hacking, and it was all about holding superficial suspense. Obviously that's just my fault for not reading up before starting it. So while not awful, after reading about people saying this season is slow, and a bit of a waned interest in this thread for season 2, I'm skeptical about starting another season.

Apologies for the long rant
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 988
ComeBackTV 874
SteadfastSC680
TaKeTV 448
IndyStarCraft 144
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 67
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 680
IndyStarCraft 144
ProTech144
Rex 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50495
Bisu 1830
Horang2 1265
EffOrt 1117
Soma 619
Hyuk 591
Mini 540
BeSt 538
Light 426
Larva 418
[ Show more ]
Rush 267
ZerO 215
910 89
Mong 83
Leta 72
firebathero 69
Pusan 54
Snow 54
Sexy 45
Mind 38
ToSsGirL 36
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Bale 21
Shine 18
Rock 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 13
Trap 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7511
qojqva1050
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1520
Khaldor1105
Lowko461
Other Games
singsing1999
olofmeister1496
hiko1196
Beastyqt664
B2W.Neo404
Livibee202
Hui .184
Liquid`VortiX145
XaKoH 125
ArmadaUGS107
KnowMe102
djWHEAT83
Mew2King79
QueenE65
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 19
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3064
Other Games
• Shiphtur179
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 17m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 17m
Online Event
20h 17m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.