• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:02
CEST 06:02
KST 13:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9166 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 38

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
August 18 2011 01:53 GMT
#741
That's my favorite episode, but it is just too different from the rest of the episode for me to recommend it first. The goal is to show what the show is all about, and I don't think it does that well. I don't think that the "fluttershy is a tree segment" (again, my favorite segment) has the same punch when it is literally the first time you see the 4 ponies involved.

Side note about that episode though: Every time I watch that episode, the cheif's warpaint makes me think he is Polish.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 04:23:20
August 18 2011 01:55 GMT
#742
On August 18 2011 10:28 Xiphos wrote:
O_O wow GMarshal and FMahem, you guys are certainly something else.

Hmmm, I think I'll take that as praise :-P

I can't help it, I'm a critic :-D

On August 18 2011 10:43 Gurun wrote:
Hi,
I've been following the discussion about the "best" starter episode and I haven't seen mentioned one which, I think, would really be a great introduction to MLP:FIM for skeptics: over a barrel !(the one with the bisons)

It isn't centered around a pony in particular which is important for a first episode ^^.
And like GMarshal said it is also important to not start with an episode too "girly" for the skeptics ones ^^, which isn't the case here.
But what makes me think of this episode in particular is the intro with the "fluttershy is a tree?" sequence and later the pun "horses drawing horse drawn carriage"! You could find this kind of dialogue in a lot of humoristic shows and it really shows that MLP can appeal to a lot of people and is not a simple over girly show.

+ Show Spoiler +

Over A Barrel is actually one of my least favorite episodes, despite having one of the better bits of dialogue with the "fluttershy isn't a tree". I think the main thing that makes this episode a bad starter is that the ponies don't actually achieve anything, at all. Had they not shown up the exact same showdown would have taken place, the same resolution would have been reached. In the end we have no reason to care, all we see is a town of ponies being dicks to the bisons and the bisons being equally unreasonable. Frankly if we weren't already invested in the Mane Six we wouldn't really give a damn.

The ponies also don't really overcome any internal challenges, or heck any external challenges. Overall the episode just feels like we are taking a tour of appelousia and that's it. I know a lot of people enjoy it, but its one of the least enjoyable episodes IMO

EDIT: hacklebeast disagrees! Time to argue!

EDIT2: Added the fiddler tribute to the OP. Such a well done video ^_^
Moderator
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
August 18 2011 02:14 GMT
#743
It's OK to disagree. For example: I think Rarity is the worst pony .
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 18 2011 02:18 GMT
#744
On August 18 2011 11:14 hacklebeast wrote:
It's OK to disagree. For example: I think Rarity is the worst pony .

You are no fun, how are we going to have a heated argument this way? :-P

What is it you enjoy about Over A Barrel? I'd like to see what about it is you like so next time I watch it I can focus on that and see if I like the episode more. I made my reasons for disliking it clear, so I'd love to see the other side of the coin.

Also how could you say that about Rarity? ;_;
Moderator
RoKetha
Profile Joined July 2010
United States211 Posts
August 18 2011 02:21 GMT
#745
I agree that Over a Barrel is pretty bad overall. (Spoilered for plot details.)

+ Show Spoiler +

Not everything about it is bad, and it's definitely got some really great moments. The part on the train is amazing, and Pinkie's song is hilarious provided the viewer takes the huge number of hints (stunned faces, comments afterwards) that it's supposed to be bad, plus there's the matter of her getup. Just about anything not related to the plot here is good.

But the core conflict of the episode is handled beyond terribly. The initial dispute sounds stupid to begin with; the buffalo want the land just because their forefathers had it, so they can stampede on it (stampeding is not exactly a necessity, and no reason why it is is ever stated in the show). Then the resolution of this land dispute and small war turns out to be, "Herp derp apple pie tastes good so we'll reason now." Then one minute scene and done, happy ending. Which, needless to say, is beyond stupid.

On top of that, the extremely obvious and intentional parallels to the Native Americans in the episode were borderline offensive, when you consider that what happened there was usually what could be called full-scale genocide. Bringing the message of "sharing and caring" to that historical context, along with the stupid simple reasons for the dispute shown here, is just childish, and it really goes against the idea of not talking down to anyone that the rest of the show holds. I'd say that this episode, if seen first, would lead someone to believe that the show is meant to be dumbed down for children more than any other episode.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 18 2011 02:31 GMT
#746
On August 18 2011 11:21 RoKetha wrote:
I agree that Over a Barrel is pretty bad overall. (Spoilered for plot details.)

+ Show Spoiler +

Not everything about it is bad, and it's definitely got some really great moments. The part on the train is amazing, and Pinkie's song is hilarious provided the viewer takes the huge number of hints (stunned faces, comments afterwards) that it's supposed to be bad, plus there's the matter of her getup. Just about anything not related to the plot here is good.

But the core conflict of the episode is handled beyond terribly. The initial dispute sounds stupid to begin with; the buffalo want the land just because their forefathers had it, so they can stampede on it (stampeding is not exactly a necessity, and no reason why it is is ever stated in the show). Then the resolution of this land dispute and small war turns out to be, "Herp derp apple pie tastes good so we'll reason now." Then one minute scene and done, happy ending. Which, needless to say, is beyond stupid.

On top of that, the extremely obvious and intentional parallels to the Native Americans in the episode were borderline offensive, when you consider that what happened there was usually what could be called full-scale genocide. Bringing the message of "sharing and caring" to that historical context, along with the stupid simple reasons for the dispute shown here, is just childish, and it really goes against the idea of not talking down to anyone that the rest of the show holds. I'd say that this episode, if seen first, would lead someone to believe that the show is meant to be dumbed down for children more than any other episode.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it "bad" I simply didn't enjoy it nearly as much as say "Party of One"

I mostly agree with you though. Still I liked it better than "Boast Busters" since trixie just irritates me to no end.
Moderator
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 04:33:57
August 18 2011 02:33 GMT
#747
+ Show Spoiler +
Unfortunately I don't have the sophisticated argument your looking for. It had the most lines in it that made me smile, and I value that a lot in the television I watch. I don't find enjoyment in thinking "the characters accomplished something to day, good!" The "dickish" qualities of the settlers/bison weren't an attraction themselves, but served as a nice backdrop to highlight the cheerful qualities of the mane cast which can sometimes be muddled by equally (some times even more) happy people in ponyville. It didn't have the, for lack of a better term, "awwwww" factor that is counter-intuitively an appealing quality to so many in our demographic, but it came shortly after back-to-back CMC stories, which kind of over saturated me.


Wow, that's a lot more than I thought i could write on that. It really just boils down to it had the most lines that made me smile, and I don't find that much enjoyment out of the accomplishment of other episodes. I will qualify that though and say I like character growth, but you seem to be talking about tangible accomplishments.

edit: roketha made me feel bad about my pick. I may need to reconsider.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Gurun
Profile Joined August 2011
France2 Posts
August 18 2011 02:35 GMT
#748
+ Show Spoiler +
Without Pinki Pie's song, the chief bison probably wouldn't have charged, so they still played a role in this conflict ^^ even if this is true that they aren't really involved .

(Ps: I don't understand the chief, I love her song :D)

And RoKetha on the contary I really loved the fact that the reason of the conflict was really stupid because it is often the case in real life. ^^ This episode learn to take distance from the sitution when you are in a conflict in order to be able to solve it without any disputes later (even if it isn't always simple ^^") .

Im French so I don't feel involved in the native american episode and I don't know how it is seen by the americans so I can't argue about it.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 02:39:52
August 18 2011 02:36 GMT
#749
On August 18 2011 11:33 hacklebeast wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have the sophisticated argument your looking for. It had the most lines in it that made me smile, and I value that a lot in the television I watch. I don't find enjoyment in thinking "the characters accomplished something to day, good!" The "dickish" qualities of the settlers/bison weren't an attraction themselves, but served as a nice backdrop to highlight the cheerful qualities of the mane cast which can sometimes be muddled by equally (some times even more) happy people in ponyville. It didn't have the, for lack of a better term, "awwwww" factor that is counter-intuitively an appealing quality to so many in our demographic, but it came shortly after back-to-back CMC stories, which kind of over saturated me.

Wow, that's a lot more than I thought i could write on that. It really just boils down to it had the most lines that made me smile, and I don't find that much enjoyment out of the accomplishment of other episodes. I will qualify that though and say I like character growth, but you seem to be talking about tangible accomplishments.


Eh its not even accomplishments, I just feel like the ponies went there and sort of hung out, nothing really *happened*

Still I can see the charm of the episode and if it wasn't for the backdrop I would probably like it a lot more.

Oh well, we can just agree to disagree.

This one is kind of controversial, thoughts on "feeling pinky keen"?

EDIT: @hacklebeast you don't need to feel bad because the episode is "insensitive" its a fantasy, its perfectly ok for them to make a really serious thing sillier.
Moderator
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 04:19:47
August 18 2011 03:22 GMT
#750
On August 18 2011 11:36 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 11:33 hacklebeast wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have the sophisticated argument your looking for. It had the most lines in it that made me smile, and I value that a lot in the television I watch. I don't find enjoyment in thinking "the characters accomplished something to day, good!" The "dickish" qualities of the settlers/bison weren't an attraction themselves, but served as a nice backdrop to highlight the cheerful qualities of the mane cast which can sometimes be muddled by equally (some times even more) happy people in ponyville. It didn't have the, for lack of a better term, "awwwww" factor that is counter-intuitively an appealing quality to so many in our demographic, but it came shortly after back-to-back CMC stories, which kind of over saturated me.

Wow, that's a lot more than I thought i could write on that. It really just boils down to it had the most lines that made me smile, and I don't find that much enjoyment out of the accomplishment of other episodes. I will qualify that though and say I like character growth, but you seem to be talking about tangible accomplishments.


Eh its not even accomplishments, I just feel like the ponies went there and sort of hung out, nothing really *happened*

Still I can see the charm of the episode and if it wasn't for the backdrop I would probably like it a lot more.

Oh well, we can just agree to disagree.

This one is kind of controversial, thoughts on "feeling pinky keen"?

EDIT: @hacklebeast you don't need to feel bad because the episode is "insensitive" its a fantasy, its perfectly ok for them to make a really serious thing sillier.

+ Show Spoiler [Spoilersssss] +
I know you're trying to move on to another episode but I just watched Over a Barrel and I'll be damned if I'm going to let you. Will watch Feeling Pinkie Keen after maybe.

Anyway the first time I watched Over a Barrel, I thought it was pretty good but I specifically remember not paying too much attention at the time (was watching nephew). After the rewatch, there's still a lot of things that I really like. I think it had some of the best jokes of the series (the aforementioned "Fluttershy is not a tree" scene, horse-drawn horse-drawn carriages, and the Bugs-Bunny-esque scenes between Dash and the girl buffalo are what come to mind). So I honestly can't say I disliked the episode.

Still, there were a lot of things that I didn't really dig. In a super general (and minor) sense, I don't like how brown and kind of "sepia toned" everything was. Just don't like how it looks. Also yeah, I thought the plot was pretty weak. There's some buffalo and some ponies that both want the same land so they fight over it with pies (though I'm sure a lot of episodes could be super-simplified like that). On that same note, I don't really feel like a war scene (even a super silly war scene) really fits with the show.

Lastly, I'm not entirely convinced the whole theme of the episode is really okay. I dont think anyone's going to deny that it's a reference to the whole white man vs aboriginal issue. The buffalo were there first doing their thing and then the ponies show up with a sense of superiority (scary weapons of colonists vs crazy pony imba magic) and decide they're taking some of the land. I'm not Aboriginal so I can't say if this would be offensive to me if I were. But if it is, I would disagree with it being okay because it's a "fantasy" that "makes a really serious thing sillier." You wouldn't see a cartoon about the holocaust (yes I considered using a different genocide to avoid bringing Goodwin's Law in here but I think its really the more appropriate example, I hope people understand >_>), even if it was cute, animated parallel.

Edit: Proofreading that should have happened pre-post. TT

Edit 2: Spoilerssssssss
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 04:34:15
August 18 2011 03:22 GMT
#751
lol, I just wrote up what I hated about a completely unrelated episode. I'll just cut and paste that one for later.

What's controversial about that one? + Show Spoiler +
It kind of bothered me that the hydra had 2 legs and that twilight forgot she could teleport,
but overall it was an ok episode.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
August 18 2011 03:23 GMT
#752
Watched the first episode. It was better than I expected, but not good enough that I'll be watching anymore.
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
August 18 2011 03:25 GMT
#753
On August 18 2011 12:22 hacklebeast wrote:
lol, I just wrote up what I hated about a completely unrelated episode. I'll just cut and paste that one for later.

What's controversial about that one? It kind of bothered me that the hydra had 2 legs and that twilight forgot she could teleport, but overall it was an ok episode.

I think a lot of people feel believing in the Pinkie sense despite proof was an allusion to believing in God. I could see that being controversial.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
August 18 2011 03:28 GMT
#754
Oh yea, completely forgot about that part. I didn't care, but then again I'm catholic, so I wouldn't care.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
viralintruder
Profile Joined August 2011
Jamaica140 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 03:45:28
August 18 2011 03:28 GMT
#755
Feeling Pinkie Keen was decent, but I do have to say that I felt it was one of the less continuous episodes of the bunch and I didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have hoped.

The premise of "Pinkie Sense" seemed like it was just thrown in there and as many have pointed out it never played a role after that episode finished. Being focused on something as whimsical as that, as opposed to other episodes with much more substantial (and equally whimsical) plots but with more action and better fluidity of storytelling made me a little disappointed.

+ Show Spoiler +
The moral of episode is to have some faith in things even if you may not have a particular reason to, and it's gotten a lot of flak from many people who said the moral was to not peer into understanding things that you aren't knowledgeable about, being close-minded to reasoning that doesn't follow your logic, or even something along the lines of forcing a "God agenda" to explain things you can't otherwise explain. Lauren Faust even apologized for the ambiguity of the episode and said on her DA profile that she didn't think people would misinterpret the moral.

Aside from being *slightly* ambiguous, the episode is rife with looney-toons style antics which are executed quite well (in all honesty this is to be expected, it's a cartoon about ponies). It also leads to a few loose ends:

1) If Fluttershy can FLY, why is the earth-bound hydra a threat? It's not something that can exactly sneak up on you without you noticing that there is a 100-foot 4 headed serpent seeking to devour you.
2) If Twilight can TELEPORT as clearly seen in previous episodes, why does she need to take a leap of faith?
3) Why is Celestia just randomly flying over Ponyville when she lives hundreds/thousands of miles away in Canterlot? I'm sure if Twilight can teleport so can she.
4) Can you explode... and then explode again?



And would it kill you guys to put some spoiler tags in your posts? This is the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic general thread, not a discussion, be considerate (like RoKetha) and remember that not everyone has watched the entire series or even one episode.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 18 2011 03:35 GMT
#756
On August 18 2011 12:25 Bibbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 12:22 hacklebeast wrote:
lol, I just wrote up what I hated about a completely unrelated episode. I'll just cut and paste that one for later.

What's controversial about that one? It kind of bothered me that the hydra had 2 legs and that twilight forgot she could teleport, but overall it was an ok episode.

I think a lot of people feel believing in the Pinkie sense despite proof was an allusion to believing in God. I could see that being controversial.

Actually the major issue I saw was the scientific method vs faith controversy. I liked the episode (except for the fact that the twitches are never mentioned again) but a lot of people *hated* it for that reason.

On August 18 2011 12:22 Bibbit wrote:
Lastly, I'm not entirely convinced the whole theme of the episode is really okay. I dont think anyone's going to deny that it's a reference to the whole white man vs aboriginal issue. The buffalo were there first doing their thing and then the ponies show up with a sense of superiority (scary weapons of colonists vs crazy pony imba magic) and decide they're taking some of the land. I'm not Aboriginal so I can't say if this would be offensive to me if I were. But if it is, I would disagree with it being okay because it's a "fantasy" that "makes a really serious thing sillier." You wouldn't see a cartoon about the holocaust (yes I considered using a different genocide to avoid bringing Goodwin's Law in here but I think its really the more appropriate example, I hope people understand >_>), even if it was cute, animated parallel.

I'm going to dodge commenting on this, if you don't mind, its an interesting topic for discussion, but I don't feel comfortable weighing in on it ^_^
Moderator
forcestealer
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada60 Posts
August 18 2011 03:44 GMT
#757
I liked feeling the pinkie keen because it showed some classic cartoon comedy, which was very entertaining...but why they decided to put a highly controversial topic in there , i don't know...I think it was probably something that was overlooked because of time constraints
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 04:03:08
August 18 2011 04:02 GMT
#758
On August 18 2011 12:28 viralintruder wrote:
Feeling Pinkie Keen was decent, but I do have to say that I felt it was one of the less continuous episodes of the bunch and I didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have hoped.

The premise of "Pinkie Sense" seemed like it was just thrown in there and as many have pointed out it never played a role after that episode finished. Being focused on something as whimsical as that, as opposed to other episodes with much more substantial (and equally whimsical) plots but with more action and better fluidity of storytelling made me a little disappointed.

+ Show Spoiler +
The moral of episode is to have some faith in things even if you may not have a particular reason to, and it's gotten a lot of flak from many people who said the moral was to not peer into understanding things that you aren't knowledgeable about, being close-minded to reasoning that doesn't follow your logic, or even something along the lines of forcing a "God agenda" to explain things you can't otherwise explain. Lauren Faust even apologized for the ambiguity of the episode and said on her DA profile that she didn't think people would misinterpret the moral.

Aside from being *slightly* ambiguous, the episode is rife with looney-toons style antics which are executed quite well (in all honesty this is to be expected, it's a cartoon about ponies). It also leads to a few loose ends:

1) If Fluttershy can FLY, why is the earth-bound hydra a threat? It's not something that can exactly sneak up on you without you noticing that there is a 100-foot 4 headed serpent seeking to devour you.
2) If Twilight can TELEPORT as clearly seen in previous episodes, why does she need to take a leap of faith?
3) Why is Celestia just randomly flying over Ponyville when she lives hundreds/thousands of miles away in Canterlot? I'm sure if Twilight can teleport so can she.
4) Can you explode... and then explode again?



And would it kill you guys to put some spoiler tags in your posts? This is the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic general thread, not a discussion, be considerate (like RoKetha) and remember that not everyone has watched the entire series or even one episode.


Good point about the spoilers.
+ Show Spoiler +
The only teleporting Twilight that's ringing a bell is in Apple Bucking and I don't think she teleported very far. Though there certainly could be other times that I'm not remembering. Also we saw in Dragonshy that Fluttershy has some problems flying when scared. And I think I heard once that she's not a particularly strong flier. One last point on the loose ends is that the hydra was moving under water (sticking out a bit but maybe it could have went deeper).

I guess I should note that I'm not saying these explain the loose ends by any measure, just something to consider.

More to the point of the controversy: I personally don't really see a problem with it but, like Hackle, I'm Catholic (went to catholic school and everything) so that could be part of why. Also I dont think the intended audience of little girls really even got the message. Either way, I doubt an episode of a cartoon is going to have any real influence on a kid's religious beliefs.

Soap
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil1546 Posts
August 18 2011 04:17 GMT
#759
As said many pages ago I think Applebuck Season (4) is the best introductory episode.

+ Show Spoiler +
It opens with Applejack facing hard work and being "manly" with the cows, plus Pinkie Pie doing the comical relief, then transitions into each pony doing its "specialty" starting with Rainbow Dash who is the next "manliest" pony.

If one doesn''t want to scare people away with excess cutesy it's pretty much ideal. Only con is the near absence of Rarity but she's well featured on several other episodes.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 18 2011 04:18 GMT
#760
Gahh, going back and spoilering everything
Moderator
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 620
Larva 140
NaDa 61
Leta 54
TT1 14
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm212
League of Legends
JimRising 809
Other Games
summit1g10415
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1389
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota213
League of Legends
• Rush1122
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 58m
INu's Battles
7h 58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 58m
Replay Cast
18h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.