• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:26
CEST 00:26
KST 07:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8274 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 36

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 19:36:56
August 16 2011 19:35 GMT
#701
On August 17 2011 04:08 Severedevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:17 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Holy shit.
I'm 6 minutes into the first episode and I'm already sucked in. I do wish that they'd de-cutsify some of the intro song though.

Daniel Ingram will probably redo the intro theme for the second season. He proposed the notion to the community, and we were generally positive about it.

Ohhh, source? I like sources :-P
(plus if its an interview or something I can add it to the OP)

On August 17 2011 04:09 Pigsquirrel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 03:59 Bibbit wrote:
We got a anti-"are you trolling" banner!

<3 Jibba

I was about to start PMing mods about getting one. I expected better from TL.


Its expected, I mean there have been some pretty successful troll topics on TL in the past, so it wasn't entirely out of the question. Either way, whats done is done

On August 16 2011 18:36 PandaCore wrote:
GMarshal, I almost feel insulted that you didn't add me to the list of fans yet


Added you, for future reference though, its best to PM me to get added to the fanclub ^_^

Also, many thanks Jibba, we appreciate the banner.
Moderator
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
August 16 2011 20:20 GMT
#702
On August 17 2011 04:35 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:08 Severedevil wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:17 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Holy shit.
I'm 6 minutes into the first episode and I'm already sucked in. I do wish that they'd de-cutsify some of the intro song though.

Daniel Ingram will probably redo the intro theme for the second season. He proposed the notion to the community, and we were generally positive about it.

Ohhh, source? I like sources :-P
(plus if its an interview or something I can add it to the OP)

An Equestria Daily article on the subject.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/possible-mlp-theme-re-recording.html
My strategy is to fork people.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 16 2011 20:53 GMT
#703
On August 17 2011 05:20 Severedevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:35 GMarshal wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:08 Severedevil wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:17 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Holy shit.
I'm 6 minutes into the first episode and I'm already sucked in. I do wish that they'd de-cutsify some of the intro song though.

Daniel Ingram will probably redo the intro theme for the second season. He proposed the notion to the community, and we were generally positive about it.

Ohhh, source? I like sources :-P
(plus if its an interview or something I can add it to the OP)

An Equestria Daily article on the subject.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/possible-mlp-theme-re-recording.html

Thank you kindly ^_^

Also I added a section for fan made music/remixes in the OP, PM me anything you think should be added to it.
Moderator
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
August 16 2011 21:20 GMT
#704
So I watched a couple episodes last night. It's very well produced for a kids show, and it made me laugh at points in each of the episodes. The characters are endearing, clear messages come through in each of the episodes, and it does have clever writing. I wouldn't call myself a "Brony" now and I don't think I'll be following this show past what I watched, but I think I gained some understanding of why some guys like it.
Moderator
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 21:42:25
August 16 2011 21:40 GMT
#705
There are a lot of stereotypes we have on childish cartoons;
When I had the cable TV, after zapping on every channels, I often time ended up on Cartoon Network, and watch some kid's TV show like "My gym partner is a monkey" and "Camp Lazlo". This shows are surprising entertaining and I almost watch the episodes with a constant banana grin and I often sincerely laugh. I'm 27 and this shows awaken the little child within me.
But we have to remember that those shows are animated by 25 year old guys and there is like 2 senses of lecture
So yeah I like ponys know. Wassup ?
Soap
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil1546 Posts
August 16 2011 21:50 GMT
#706
On August 17 2011 05:20 Severedevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 04:35 GMarshal wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:08 Severedevil wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:17 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Holy shit.
I'm 6 minutes into the first episode and I'm already sucked in. I do wish that they'd de-cutsify some of the intro song though.

Daniel Ingram will probably redo the intro theme for the second season. He proposed the notion to the community, and we were generally positive about it.

Ohhh, source? I like sources :-P
(plus if its an interview or something I can add it to the OP)

An Equestria Daily article on the subject.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/possible-mlp-theme-re-recording.html


That is ridiculous, like, it's successful so let's change it?

Well, better than cancelling it outright, if you know what I mean. But I'm terribly scared about waking up one day and catching it M rated on Showtime dealing with Fluttershy's problems with antidepressants because some TV exec decided to make it really "adult".
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 16 2011 22:05 GMT
#707
On August 17 2011 06:50 Soap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 05:20 Severedevil wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:35 GMarshal wrote:
On August 17 2011 04:08 Severedevil wrote:
On August 17 2011 02:17 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Holy shit.
I'm 6 minutes into the first episode and I'm already sucked in. I do wish that they'd de-cutsify some of the intro song though.

Daniel Ingram will probably redo the intro theme for the second season. He proposed the notion to the community, and we were generally positive about it.

Ohhh, source? I like sources :-P
(plus if its an interview or something I can add it to the OP)

An Equestria Daily article on the subject.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/possible-mlp-theme-re-recording.html


That is ridiculous, like, it's successful so let's change it?

Well, better than cancelling it outright, if you know what I mean. But I'm terribly scared about waking up one day and catching it M rated on Showtime dealing with Fluttershy's problems with antidepressants because some TV exec decided to make it really "adult".

I'd personally enjoy a different theme song, perhaps something a little longer...

Plus so far all they've done is get better, lets have a little faith in them, shall we?
Moderator
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
August 16 2011 22:23 GMT
#708
On August 17 2011 06:20 p4NDemik wrote:
So I watched a couple episodes last night. It's very well produced for a kids show, and it made me laugh at points in each of the episodes. The characters are endearing, clear messages come through in each of the episodes, and it does have clever writing. I wouldn't call myself a "Brony" now and I don't think I'll be following this show past what I watched, but I think I gained some understanding of why some guys like it.


basically this, I couldn't hate the show and watching the season wasn't a waste of time, but i'll only be trolling my friends when I tell them it's completely awesome and they should watch it immediately.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 22:54:53
August 16 2011 22:51 GMT
#709
On August 17 2011 03:44 Pigsquirrel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:07 Thallis wrote:
On August 16 2011 18:36 PandaCore wrote:
GMarshal, I almost feel insulted that you didn't add me to the list of fans yet

Also does anyone like some of the background ponies here as well? I say we almost need a background pony popularity poll :p

The two most noteworthy ones for me are Colgate and Spitire.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Spitfire is best background pony. It is also my SC2 name.

Spitfire is so awesome! She is tied with Octavia for being best background pony.

Although I <3 Scootaloo. Best side-pony.


Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 02:17 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Holy shit.
I'm 6 minutes into the first episode and I'm already sucked in. I do wish that they'd de-cutsify some of the intro song though.

Spike is hilarious. He also reminds me of Snoopy.


and
. Once you catch yourself headbanging to the intro theme of "My Little Pony", you know something special has happened.

How is that first song even slightly related to the MLP theme? It's just techno-positive-and-upbeat!

Edit: at 1:45 on it kinda does. But either way if somebody played that and I didn't know what it was from, I would not guess. I actually kind of like it. Reminds me of Kirby.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 17 2011 04:08 GMT
#710
So, someone is apparently making a MLP:FIM fangame, using an engine based off of Link's Awakening and the Oracle game. They don't have anything but a website thus far, but the idea sounds promising.
Moderator
RoKetha
Profile Joined July 2010
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 05:34:51
August 17 2011 05:33 GMT
#711
EqD posted a bunch of really good songs today, including the title theme for the ponified Zelda game mentioned above. I have to say, the fanbase for this show has a few really outspoken loose screws, and I despise the cheesy label of "brony" it stuck me with, but the things it creates are oftentimes just overwhelming in quantity, magnitude and quality.

Title theme for Legend of Celestia:
+ Show Spoiler +


Flutterwonder:
+ Show Spoiler +


Proud to be a Brony (unfortunately only a DA link is available at this time)

And then there was the whole post where a bunch of the animators for the show did pony cosplays. And one of them did some awesome breakdancing. I mean, I personally don't care for cosplay at all, but it's still really cool on many levels to see a production team for a toy show, a show which had no financial reason to be anything more than a stupid ad, put such spirit into creating something and end up with a product that they genuinely love. And it's a reminder that the people in TV studios were crazy teens and college kids watching cartoons just like most of us only 10-20 years ago.

As is this kind of stuff they send us for fun:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

(From left to right: Jayson Thiessen, executive director; Rebecca Shoichet, Twilight's singing voice; Daniel Ingram, composer)

IMO the show's popularity hugely stems from the fact that the team actually talks to us and even asks us for input on occasion, and lets us use the property freely for non-profit works. That's seen as a bold move for most TV studios and companies in general, but look how it's payed off.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 17 2011 05:44 GMT
#712
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 17 2011 14:33 RoKetha wrote:
EqD posted a bunch of really good songs today, including the title theme for the ponified Zelda game mentioned above. I have to say, the fanbase for this show has a few really outspoken loose screws, and I despise the cheesy label of "brony" it stuck me with, but the things it creates are oftentimes just overwhelming in quantity, magnitude and quality.

Title theme for Legend of Celestia:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7_oxUkc8Lk


Flutterwonder:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTkj0eu-fk


Proud to be a Brony (unfortunately only a DA link is available at this time)

And then there was the whole post where a bunch of the animators for the show did pony cosplays. And one of them did some awesome breakdancing. I mean, I personally don't care for cosplay at all, but it's still really cool on many levels to see a production team for a toy show, a show which had no financial reason to be anything more than a stupid ad, put such spirit into creating something and end up with a product that they genuinely love. And it's a reminder that the people in TV studios were crazy teens and college kids watching cartoons just like most of us only 10-20 years ago.

As is this kind of stuff they send us for fun:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

(From left to right: Jayson Thiessen, executive director; Rebecca Shoichet, Twilight's singing voice; Daniel Ingram, composer)

IMO the show's popularity hugely stems from the fact that the team actually talks to us and even asks us for input on occasion, and lets us use the property freely for non-profit works. That's seen as a bold move for most TV studios and companies in general, but look how it's payed off.

Added links to the songs to the OP.

Thank you ^_^

I thought it was awesome that the voice actors went as far as cosplaying, I was honestly impressed.
Moderator
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 05:45:54
August 17 2011 05:45 GMT
#713
Well I watched the first two episodes, lol.. pretty funny I guess.. not sure why people said the first episode or two sucked, was a pretty good intro, although them seemed like something that would come at the END of a season.

Almost teared up a little bit at the end of episode 2.. haha..

XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Box.N.Straw
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada55 Posts
August 17 2011 06:01 GMT
#714
I thought episode 20 had really awesome background music xD. Photofinish seriously has the best bg music ever...I want her theme to play everytime i walk into a room.



^An extended remix to Fluttershy's runway music. Hope this isn't a repost!
Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone.
Soulfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States237 Posts
August 17 2011 08:20 GMT
#715
Flutterwonder is awesome - really reminds me of some of Pogo's work. Thanks RoKetha.

Already heard Fluttershy Model mix, which promptly reserved it a spot in my MLP playlist.
◕ http://kiwiclonearmy.sadlife.net/ ◕
Lynda
Profile Joined May 2010
649 Posts
August 17 2011 10:23 GMT
#716
Just found out about Flutterwonder... it is so perfectly mixed together it manages to make my heart melt more so than it did due to the original song, and it might've just made Fluttershy get very high on my list of the mane cast again (my list keeps completely changing all the time).
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
August 17 2011 10:32 GMT
#717
The animation is so smooth, it's very calming to watch I find. Love it, twilight sparkle is my favorite pony!
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Colour415
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada26 Posts
August 17 2011 10:39 GMT
#718
On August 17 2011 14:45 cca1ss1e wrote:
Well I watched the first two episodes, lol.. pretty funny I guess.. not sure why people said the first episode or two sucked, was a pretty good intro, although them seemed like something that would come at the END of a season.

Almost teared up a little bit at the end of episode 2.. haha..

XD


^this haha. i didnt want to admit it but my eyes definitely watered up a bit at the end there too.
Lynda
Profile Joined May 2010
649 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 11:13:25
August 17 2011 11:12 GMT
#719
there's no shame in admitting that you shed some mantears

recently I had actually shown the Fighting Is Magic PreAlpha vid while joking about it to a rather elitist person I know on another forum; he laughed and said that the music wasn't completely terrible at least. Then I linked him to the Winter Wrap Up song and told him that the music used in the previous vid was an almost completely rewritten version of this one.

to which his reaction was "WHY DOES THIS MAKE ME HAPPY. THIS IS SUCH A CHEESY AND SILLY SONG. BUT THEN WHY DOES IT MAKE ME HAPPY". Then he told me later that he had looked up the episode and watched it on his own and admitted that he had teared up a few times during it. That made my day. Friendship is fucking magic.

so yeah, if you want to risk converting your friends or someone, showing them Fighting Is Magic is perhaps an even safer alternative route to showing an episode first, as you can show it for the novelty / laugh factor without admitting that you like the show, then you can check for the reactions
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
August 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#720
On August 17 2011 19:32 Endymion wrote:
The animation is so smooth, it's very calming to watch I find. Love it, twilight sparkle is my favorite pony!

I direct you to exhibit 1a, why I love Twilight Sparkle:
[image loading]
Twilight Sparkle pony is best pony.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O150
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft238
Nina 103
ViBE76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14236
Dewaltoss 161
ZZZero.O 150
firebathero 100
Hyuk 71
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm117
febbydoto61
League of Legends
Doublelift3861
Counter-Strike
Fnx 911
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6087
Other Games
summit1g7003
FrodaN2071
mouzStarbuck399
JimRising 339
KnowMe233
ToD209
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King42
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1152
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• musti20045 32
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie805
• Shiphtur221
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 34m
INu's Battles
13h 34m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 34m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.