• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:04
CEST 07:04
KST 14:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6003 users

[Hero] Invoker - Page 6

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 25 Next All
phrenetiC
Profile Joined April 2011
Switzerland224 Posts
January 30 2013 21:23 GMT
#101
You might want to add invokergame.com to your guide.
It's a pretty neat site to train/memorize his spells with some additional features.
"[...] you just keep on trying till you run out of cake!" - GLaDOS
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
January 30 2013 21:32 GMT
#102
On January 31 2013 06:23 phrenetiC wrote:
You might want to add invokergame.com to your guide.
It's a pretty neat site to train/memorize his spells with some additional features.

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me. I wrote this guide before that existed and people will still using the Dropbox version.
Moderator
MSGHero
Profile Joined December 2012
United States147 Posts
January 31 2013 03:48 GMT
#103
"Save it for level 7 where you can put your 2 points into Invoke and an extra point of Exort."
Blew my mind.

I've been getting a midas after phase cuz I saw koreya do it, and it's nice; my only concern against it is if I'll need to gtfo of something early on, like pudge or ns.
+ Show Spoiler +
I sometimes find myself staring at my keyboard after tornado-meteor-deaf blast wondering what else I can do..."uhhlacrity...oh I have cold snap still...ah! ice wa--aww the fight's over."
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
February 07 2013 09:10 GMT
#104
I dont know if it was discussed already, but I dont really understand why you dont recommend eul scepter on QE invoker, I think it helps a lot with invoker mana issues, and allows to set up sunstrikes/meteors on your own, which is really useful I feel.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
February 09 2013 22:52 GMT
#105
On February 07 2013 18:10 Jetaap wrote:
I dont know if it was discussed already, but I dont really understand why you dont recommend eul scepter on QE invoker, I think it helps a lot with invoker mana issues, and allows to set up sunstrikes/meteors on your own, which is really useful I feel.

It's a valid option if you go for the Sunstrike + Meteor + Blast combo, but isn't that good if you are going for standard QE. I guess I can slip it into the Optional items but Force into Sheep/Aghs are much stronger.
Moderator
nebffa
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Australia776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 00:52:24
February 13 2013 00:44 GMT
#106
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I'm a long time DotA player (since 5.60b), was very good back then, took a break for a few years after 2008. Came back to DotA 2 and found a lot had changed - AKA everyone got a whole lot better and wow I suck these days... goddamnit. Pudge and Shadow Fiend getting picked ALL THE TIME as well and they often pwn the shit out of the game so I thought, ok I know I don't think I'm good enough for mid these days, but it's time to learn a mid hero that can wrestle control for mid from these pubstars. I thought of which heroes I should learn but your guide made me pick Invoker. Thanks for the simple, no-nonsense guide to his skill and item builds. It took some practice to get the hang of but imo your guide is very good and if anyone asks me how to play Invoker I will be referring them to this guide as it's where I learnt pretty much everything from.

One thing you may want to add to the guide is when some situations where QW is stronger than QE, and vice-versa, depending on the hero you vs in mid. For example, after a lot of games I have found that if I vs a Shadow Fiend mid QE is a much stronger choice whereas vs a Storm Spirit I don't need the extra damage as much and QW may be more appropriate. Then again this is my opinion and you may disagree but if it makes sense perhaps it may help for people to know as I often see people defaulting to QE Invoker when they could still do fine with QW.

Thanks
hooahah
Profile Joined October 2011
3752 Posts
March 03 2013 20:25 GMT
#107
FB, how do you feel about delaying the third point in Invoke? mostly to get earlier 4 points in quas/exort
Cyx.
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada806 Posts
March 03 2013 21:51 GMT
#108
Hey Firebolt, how do you feel about an Invoker build that gets early midas and uses the fast level 12 to gank shitloads with cold snap/forge spirits like normal, except instead of following up with sheep/aghs and spamming spells in the lategame you focus on farming a quick crystalys and maelstrom (to build later mjolnir/daedalus) and use exort and alacrity combined with cold snap to be the scariest rightclick DPS on the map until ~40 minutes?

His DPS output is INSANE with forge spirits armor reduction/alacrity/exort/crit, and if you follow it up with mjol/daed/heart/skadi/sheep etc. you can still have more than enough mana to use all your spells in teamfights while also providing a pretty brutal rightclick presence from minute 15 until the end of the game. It seems less trolly than a WE Invoker build (ie. you still have the mana pool to cast most of your spells, even if you do have to manage it a lot better, since you're not casting as many of them in the midgame and lategame you have a massive mana pool from stats) while still managing to provide more secondary DPS in the midgame and lategame than most other mids are comparable with (with the exception of SF and such heroes). I feel like if you're going to be outcarried in the lategame this is one of the best things a mid Invoker can do to provide tons of lategame presence without sacrificing too much midgame and I wanted to know how you felt about it.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 03 2013 23:20 GMT
#109
On February 13 2013 09:44 nebffa wrote:
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I'm a long time DotA player (since 5.60b), was very good back then, took a break for a few years after 2008. Came back to DotA 2 and found a lot had changed - AKA everyone got a whole lot better and wow I suck these days... goddamnit. Pudge and Shadow Fiend getting picked ALL THE TIME as well and they often pwn the shit out of the game so I thought, ok I know I don't think I'm good enough for mid these days, but it's time to learn a mid hero that can wrestle control for mid from these pubstars. I thought of which heroes I should learn but your guide made me pick Invoker. Thanks for the simple, no-nonsense guide to his skill and item builds. It took some practice to get the hang of but imo your guide is very good and if anyone asks me how to play Invoker I will be referring them to this guide as it's where I learnt pretty much everything from.

One thing you may want to add to the guide is when some situations where QW is stronger than QE, and vice-versa, depending on the hero you vs in mid. For example, after a lot of games I have found that if I vs a Shadow Fiend mid QE is a much stronger choice whereas vs a Storm Spirit I don't need the extra damage as much and QW may be more appropriate. Then again this is my opinion and you may disagree but if it makes sense perhaps it may help for people to know as I often see people defaulting to QE Invoker when they could still do fine with QW.

Thanks

I'm sure Invoker is quite strong in pubs, but he's actually a relatively weak laner nowadays. The base damage nerf hit him really hard and it's almost impossible to outcs any decent mid if you're not going exort.
:)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 04 2013 10:31 GMT
#110
On March 04 2013 05:25 hooahah wrote:
FB, how do you feel about delaying the third point in Invoke? mostly to get earlier 4 points in quas/exort

Not sure I understand, your third point in invoke comes at level 12, you should already have 4 quas 4 exort 1 wex by then.
Moderator
hooahah
Profile Joined October 2011
3752 Posts
March 04 2013 11:11 GMT
#111
y...yes, exactly. I was testing you about that. well, off to play more invoker
hooahah
Profile Joined October 2011
3752 Posts
June 22 2013 20:07 GMT
#112


Radiant ancients with <6~ midas timing...
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
June 22 2013 21:31 GMT
#113
rofl holy shit people are so smart im gonna try that
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
June 22 2013 21:39 GMT
#114
Can't watch video but is that basically the same thing as medusa except without split shot helping you? Sounds hilarious but really bad, just like any other gimmicky jungling.
Moderator
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
June 22 2013 23:01 GMT
#115
Yeah, typical range hero ancient farming. It's not even optimized. Tells you to get invoke at lvl 2 and wex at 3, when getting wex at 2 will give you that sweet sweet agi to kill stuff faster.

Does have the added use of actually contributing to lanes a tiny bit with sunstrike though. So
734pot
Profile Joined June 2012
Australia294 Posts
June 22 2013 23:58 GMT
#116
You can jungle on dire by cutting a path above the medium camp. You auto attack the medium camp and then stack the small camp and kill it with meteor. Its actually pretty decent in terms of leveling.
deadmau
Profile Joined September 2010
960 Posts
June 23 2013 02:04 GMT
#117
On June 23 2013 08:58 734pot wrote:
You can jungle on dire by cutting a path above the medium camp. You auto attack the medium camp and then stack the small camp and kill it with meteor. Its actually pretty decent in terms of leveling.


Wow, so you're saying invoker can jungle decently? Even if invoker can be doing this ancient farming, should he be? Or is this just an alternative source of farm that you can take advantage of if other spots are not possible?
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
June 23 2013 02:12 GMT
#118
They are all gimmicky and shouldn't be done in any seriousness. Of course in pubs you are free to do fun and silly stuff but you shouldn't expect anything amazing from this.
Moderator
734pot
Profile Joined June 2012
Australia294 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-23 05:17:25
June 23 2013 05:16 GMT
#119
I don't even think jungle invoker (at least the method that I described) is that great in pubs because it forces you to use a suboptimal skill build.

A build I've been trying out for mid invoker is just to get a point in exort at lvl 1 and then just going full QW afterwards. I only really do this if I have a pretty unfavourable mid match up and I really feel like going QW. I usually get less points in Q than I normally would, but I start with a RoP to build into tranquils to offset the lower regen. No idea if this would be viable at higher levels, but I've found having alacrity and deafening blast early on to be pretty useful.
hooahah
Profile Joined October 2011
3752 Posts
June 23 2013 17:39 GMT
#120
so I tried the Ancients thing in bots practice, and I really don't like it. It's a) gimmicky, b) boring and c) easily shut down. If we're gonna play Invoker, it's gonna be in a lane.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2553
GuemChi 740
Leta 174
Snow 96
Terrorterran 68
NaDa 43
Bale 36
Noble 14
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 646
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox408
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7017
WinterStarcraft379
C9.Mang0319
Sick126
ViBE89
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick582
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2136
League of Legends
• Lourlo1201
• Stunt417
Other Games
• Shiphtur480
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
10h 57m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.