• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:59
CEST 21:59
KST 04:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6991 users

Hardcore and why you should play it - Dec2012 - Page 6

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Doulmaigus
Profile Joined October 2012
France352 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 23:34:04
December 30 2012 23:33 GMT
#101
You got me hyped. I'm picking up the game again.

I didn't even think of doing hardcore when I first got bored in softcore. Probably because when I bought the game, hardcore was so out of the question that I imediatly cut it out of the game in my mind.
But now I realize that I need to play the game more "cazualy" to enjoy it maybe. Try new classes in normal, fight for something else than gold, maybe even enjoy the lore (something I never actualy did)... And hardcore seems like a good place to do that. Thanks I guess =).
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
December 31 2012 00:20 GMT
#102
Currently the only reason i'm enjoying the game is because i'm leveling two chars in hardcore WD/DH and completely ignoring the existence of the AH.

Who knew finding my own upgrades would be fun :p
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
December 31 2012 01:03 GMT
#103
On December 17 2012 02:21 OFCORPSE wrote:
What class would you recommend someone who random disconnects atleast twice a day?

....


The first ten levels are a cake walk for any class, so you should be fine with whichever you like for your disconnecting situation
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
December 31 2012 08:30 GMT
#104
On December 31 2012 10:03 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2012 02:21 OFCORPSE wrote:
What class would you recommend someone who random disconnects atleast twice a day?

....


The first ten levels are a cake walk for any class, so you should be fine with whichever you like for your disconnecting situation

Tho a witchdoc or a barb should be the best in the disco. They just have the sickest dance moves! :D
Nah but with a lot of life regen stacked you can even survive disco's in inferno act3.
Barb is just imba in terms of defensive stats and witchdoc has pets who can tank while you char patiently waits for the 10 seconds disconnect.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
December 31 2012 13:43 GMT
#105
just pop 60. Holy fuck weapons are expensives t.t Innah's too :'(
Zest fanboy.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
January 01 2013 01:39 GMT
#106
i wanna make a come back still have a lvl 60 barb, but don't wanna solo this, anyone wanna play together?
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
January 01 2013 03:31 GMT
#107
Mmm I never really got into D3 (even though I bought it launch day haha) but the idea of dying and never coming back really piques my interest (like with fire emblem etc, except the stakes are higher here > ).

That said DH was a really fun class for me..how bad is it to start DH ?
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
January 01 2013 04:02 GMT
#108
Ahaha my friend insta quit after I told him about MP levels and we did some mp10.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
January 01 2013 16:51 GMT
#109
Is Hardcore Gold <-> Softcore Gold trading still a thing? Is there a market for it?
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
nRoot
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany928 Posts
January 01 2013 19:27 GMT
#110
On January 01 2013 12:31 CaffeineFree-_- wrote:
Mmm I never really got into D3 (even though I bought it launch day haha) but the idea of dying and never coming back really piques my interest (like with fire emblem etc, except the stakes are higher here > ).

That said DH was a really fun class for me..how bad is it to start DH ?

If you got friends to team up with DH is fine, I dont enjoy playing DH solo in HC though
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
January 02 2013 00:06 GMT
#111
Anyone got HC farming spots to share?

I only know my old school ones from pre-1.0.5 SC. Dinged 60 on my WD a few days ago and did Butcher runs to grab some basic gear. I'm now doing A2 runs (Vault, Black Canyon, Cistern etc) with 50kish life, 500 res all and 20k dps. Should I just stick with this until I've got gear for act 3 gear or are there better runs now? Also, what kind of gear level am I looking at before moving on to Act 3?


profile link for gear and whatnot: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SkyOtter-1211/hero/29964489
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
January 02 2013 07:10 GMT
#112
On December 31 2012 01:22 Pokebunny wrote:
Glad to see lots of people getting into hc... I died on my top 5 server wiz and am bck to sc2 but might play again eventually

how did you die? must be a glorious tale!
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
January 02 2013 09:35 GMT
#113
My first HC level 60 just died, paragon 5. I'm actually not even upset, I'm proud I got there on my 2nd hardcore character! I am a bit disappointed that I died right after making a bunch of fresh level 60 friends to play with but I think I can make it back quick enough. I bumped up to MP1 Inferno and got taken out entering the first area I went to because of an elite right next to the portal. Quick lag spike from my computer after entering a new area and bam, down because of a jailer and arcane beam :D
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
January 02 2013 13:01 GMT
#114
On January 02 2013 01:51 heishe wrote:
Is Hardcore Gold <-> Softcore Gold trading still a thing? Is there a market for it?

look at diablofans.com in the forum. There are some threads. Last time I checked the rate is 5:1 which is pretty awesome to farm hc gold and convert it.


On January 02 2013 09:06 HorsemasterK wrote:
Anyone got HC farming spots to share?

I only know my old school ones from pre-1.0.5 SC. Dinged 60 on my WD a few days ago and did Butcher runs to grab some basic gear. I'm now doing A2 runs (Vault, Black Canyon, Cistern etc) with 50kish life, 500 res all and 20k dps. Should I just stick with this until I've got gear for act 3 gear or are there better runs now? Also, what kind of gear level am I looking at before moving on to Act 3?


profile link for gear and whatnot: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SkyOtter-1211/hero/29964489

You want to go for mp0 Act3 farming.
You can leave out bastions keep lv2 and core of arreat (nasty blues and me personally, I hate banelings) and always farm the warden, key can drop on mp0 and you want lots of keys

I'll repost from earlier page:
Act1 was comfortable with around 20k dps and about 600 AR, and some decent armor value (around 4k) with a shield in offhand.
Act3 was farmable with around 25-30k dps and 600~700 AR, 4.5k armor and a shield.
Currently farming Act3 with dmg-offhand at 41k dps, 700 ar and 4.5k armor.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
January 02 2013 14:14 GMT
#115
Lost my Paragon 14 sorc a few days ago... Last pack of a full act 3 clean with 2 barbs and a monk... 5 in the mornin'... TP on cooldown fuckin ice and arcane sentry combo... There goes 50 hours and 80M of gold....

Back to DH for me
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
January 02 2013 18:30 GMT
#116
On January 02 2013 22:01 bluQ wrote:
You want to go for mp0 Act3 farming.
You can leave out bastions keep lv2 and core of arreat (nasty blues and me personally, I hate banelings) and always farm the warden, key can drop on mp0 and you want lots of keys

I'll repost from earlier page:
Act1 was comfortable with around 20k dps and about 600 AR, and some decent armor value (around 4k) with a shield in offhand.
Act3 was farmable with around 25-30k dps and 600~700 AR, 4.5k armor and a shield.
Currently farming Act3 with dmg-offhand at 41k dps, 700 ar and 4.5k armor.



Thanks a ton! Those are some good benchmarks to work towards. I'll keep doing my Act 2 runs for the time being, just added A2 Keywarden as someone from TL reminded me of that last night. Still getting used to this new stuff.

Keeps 2... lol... I'm staying away from there as long as possible ^^
Monkeyballs25
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-02 19:05:50
January 02 2013 19:03 GMT
#117
Its funny, the stuff I love the most isn't the hardcore aspect itself, but more the clean start ala D2 ladder system.
It was fun having an empty stash and no gold and actually having to rely on found items.

But the death thing won't work for me I think. I average one/two disconnects a day so my chances of even making it past Normal are slim. Its a pity there's no middleground option between Death Is Cheap and Death is Permanent.

Edit : My first WD made it about as far as the jails, and then I got a disconnect at pretty much the worst possible time.
Spikeke
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada106 Posts
January 02 2013 19:37 GMT
#118
When D3 first came out and I played it, I was disappointed in that piece of crap. But then I read unkkz's original HC thread and I got inspired. I created a HC character and haven't look back at softcore since. In HC, I actually have fun trying to progress and just trying to get to the end. Softcore is boring as hell, as all it is: Is get to end game ASAP then grind for the auction house.... Gear your toon up as much as possible and make her a trophy. I realize many people get attached to their trophy characters, but D3 to me is all about the progression of HC. Not the "end-game" or feeding the AH machine.
Sub Zero
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland117 Posts
January 04 2013 13:54 GMT
#119
My first dead hc char. Monk lvl 59, vortexed into a bunch of these fat constructs in the realm of shadow. Guess i have to start from the beggining.

Is there any good soul that can power level my char a little bit? I'm playing on Europe
Jaedong <3 Boxer <3 MMA <3
Lega-
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada141 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-04 15:48:55
January 04 2013 15:46 GMT
#120
My farming group is looking for a well geared tanky barb to farm Inferno mp0 act 3 and mp2-3 key runs.

My profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lega-1694/hero/29464568

Add me if you are interested, Lega#1694

Will be running tonight until 3-4am!

edit: must have skype!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 177
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15968
Calm 2264
Mini 163
Rush 107
EffOrt 93
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
febbydoto14
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5524
pashabiceps716
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King43
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3752
Liquid`Hasu669
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1872
RotterdaM706
Beastyqt694
B2W.Neo560
C9.Mang0270
shahzam187
crisheroes161
QueenE100
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss64
UpATreeSC58
ZombieGrub39
JuggernautJason26
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
Algost 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 31
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade864
Other Games
• imaqtpie967
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 1m
INu's Battles
15h 1m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 1m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.