• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:59
CEST 21:59
KST 04:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6991 users

Hardcore and why you should play it - Dec2012 - Page 7

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
BravoScripT.DK
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark230 Posts
January 04 2013 19:39 GMT
#121
Hello my name is Bravoscript#1956 Europe.
I am an experienced player in Diablo 3 Hardcore.
I now want to play diablo 3 in the correct method, that is hardcore self found items only.
I have had 3 previcesly level 60 hardcore characters, but with the use of AH.

What i am asking for is people, who wanna play the self found item method on the Europe server.
We will make farm parties, taking down thoose bosses, and slowly progress against diablo and a higher MP.
I am currently a lvl 58 Wizard (female .

If you are unfamilar with the self found method, you can check this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=378911

People who are interested are very welcome to add me as friend in battlenet.
Bravoscript#1956 Europe.

Zerg all the wayz
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-04 21:03:52
January 04 2013 19:52 GMT
#122
Final act beaten at last without any help from the AH, ch'yeah!

Demon Hunter
35k HP
24k Damage
4800 Armor
450 Resists
Total time played: 24.5 hours

Video to come up shortly.
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
fzeroonline
Profile Joined December 2012
89 Posts
January 04 2013 23:12 GMT
#123
On January 05 2013 04:39 BravoScripT.DK wrote:
Hello my name is Bravoscript#1956 Europe.
I am an experienced player in Diablo 3 Hardcore.
I now want to play diablo 3 in the correct method, that is hardcore self found items only.
I have had 3 previcesly level 60 hardcore characters, but with the use of AH.

What i am asking for is people, who wanna play the self found item method on the Europe server.
We will make farm parties, taking down thoose bosses, and slowly progress against diablo and a higher MP.
I am currently a lvl 58 Wizard (female .

If you are unfamilar with the self found method, you can check this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=378911

People who are interested are very welcome to add me as friend in battlenet.
Bravoscript#1956 Europe.



Just started playing self-found on HC on my monk. I'm taking things really slow since I'm playing on mp10 (still in act 1 normal) and clearing almost all the maps so I can find loot. Since you're already level 58, do you have any tips for playing this way in HC? Did you find crafting gear useful at all? And since gold is almost useless in a self found game, did you salvage all the blues/rares you found or just sell it?
BravoScripT.DK
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark230 Posts
January 05 2013 14:19 GMT
#124
crafting gear helps, i only played on MP0, makes it 1000 times easier
You dont gain anything from MP10, since it takes 100 times longer, and in the end, the mobs will not give you any experience, since you are to high lvl.
Zerg all the wayz
Manch1ld
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada27 Posts
January 05 2013 21:59 GMT
#125
On December 15 2012 11:57 Frogis wrote:
If anything this post inspired me to play Diablo III for the first time in 3 months. Thanks man.


same here. I just finished reinstalling the client due to this post. Thanks Pokebunny
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 06 2013 02:18 GMT
#126
<3 all!
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Sindriss
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark263 Posts
January 06 2013 19:03 GMT
#127
After losing my first wd 60 (2) to spirit vessel bug, I have now levelled a monk to 60, and hope to have him find phat epics!
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
January 07 2013 09:39 GMT
#128
So I was wondering what routes in a3 do you guys use for fast paragon.

A lot of routes used in softcore are just too dangerous for hardcore. To be more precise, any route that starts at the end of the core or at the beginning of one of the towers (going back into areat crater) can get you insta gibbed if you get a bad lag spike and that kind of good jazz... I lost a Paragon 19 DH with 95k dps like that, trust me, you don't want to have that happen to you.

After lurking a bit all around, I found this one:



Called the Big 6 (or something else, but w/e), it feels a lot safer because you start at the fort and go backwards; you then go tower of the damned, go round, go keeps 2, rakkis, slaughter and finally arreat crater 2.
I take out keeps 2 if someone in my group is scared and I take out slaughter if someone doesnt have movement speed boost (IMO the fields are only interesting if you have 24%, but i still do them with 12%)...

So what do you guys do?

Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
January 07 2013 10:59 GMT
#129
On January 07 2013 18:39 Douillos wrote:

I take out keeps 2 if someone in my group is scared and I take out slaughter if someone doesnt have movement speed boost


that would be me !
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 11:18:49
January 07 2013 11:18 GMT
#130
On January 07 2013 19:59 DerSchober wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 18:39 Douillos wrote:

I take out keeps 2 if someone in my group is scared and I take out slaughter if someone doesnt have movement speed boost


that would be me !



ahhahah yeah but dont worry your not the only one :p

And I dont do them in solo either
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 07 2013 11:32 GMT
#131
I used to run Keep 3 -> TD1 -> Rakkis -> Fields -> K2 -> Crater 1 -> Crater 2 -> Core -> Stonefort on my archon wiz before I just started doing straight alkaizers.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 13:44:10
January 07 2013 13:43 GMT
#132
On January 07 2013 20:32 Pokebunny wrote:
I used to run Keep 3 -> TD1 -> Rakkis -> Fields -> K2 -> Crater 1 -> Crater 2 -> Core -> Stonefort on my archon wiz before I just started doing straight alkaizers.


From what ive read this route (the one in the link) is better than the Alkhaizer route! Not as good for loot (even though i believe the number of packs doesnt really change anything to loot... its like the lottery: you buy 2 tickets, you have double the chance of winning, but hey your still at 1 on 30 000 000, so...), but 10-15% better xp/hour!
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 07 2013 14:15 GMT
#133
On January 05 2013 23:19 BravoScripT.DK wrote:
crafting gear helps, i only played on MP0, makes it 1000 times easier
You dont gain anything from MP10, since it takes 100 times longer, and in the end, the mobs will not give you any experience, since you are to high lvl.


I'm also a pretty experienced hardcore player and I respectfully disagree with this ^^ I always recommend to play through Normal on MP10 when you start a HC character. Normal is so ridiculously easy that you might as well milk as many levels out of it as you can. Plus, the higher level you are, the better the gear that drops for you. You get levels sooooooo fast playing on MP10 and the game is still manageable I feel if you play correctly.

Then when you get to Act3, farm the core / craters for experience until you feel comfortable to move on (since this area is the best to farm experience).
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
January 07 2013 14:39 GMT
#134
On January 07 2013 23:15 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Plus, the higher level you are, the better the gear that drops for you


Wrong, so wrong. It's actually the opposite. You level higher and quicker than you would at MP0, but the gear that drops is based on mob level, so the drops you get are worse and worse as you level up.

Until you hit around level 50 and then the curve evens out.
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
Sindriss
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark263 Posts
January 07 2013 17:19 GMT
#135
Any experienced monks who can let me know some basic stats for farming? I feel I am somewhere between mp0 and mp1 in ability to farm.

Got 45k hp
800 res all
18k dps
1000 life on hit

Maybe I am ready for mp1 but I just feel my dps is quite low and that endangers things.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 07 2013 20:04 GMT
#136
On January 08 2013 02:19 Sindriss wrote:
Any experienced monks who can let me know some basic stats for farming? I feel I am somewhere between mp0 and mp1 in ability to farm.

Got 45k hp
800 res all
18k dps
1000 life on hit

Maybe I am ready for mp1 but I just feel my dps is quite low and that endangers things.

you shouldn't run above a3 mp0 ever for any reason unless you're 100k+ dps

i had 130k dps base archon wiz and i still ran mp0 a3
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
January 07 2013 20:50 GMT
#137
Alright, finally uploaded my looong video of my full act 4 inferno hardcore playthrough. Complete with "supporting" commentary from my friends. Hope you enjoy!

Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 21:08:29
January 07 2013 21:07 GMT
#138
So if any new HC players are looking for some HC gold and want to to trade their SC for my HC gold, I quit HC and I'm offering a 4:1 ratio (4m SC for 1m HC). Have 90m in stock, anyone wanna trade?
this game is a fucking jokie
MoonChildx
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada30 Posts
January 08 2013 05:10 GMT
#139
Anyone willing to power level my new Demon Hunter HC?
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 08 2013 21:47 GMT
#140
On January 08 2013 14:10 MoonChildx wrote:
Anyone willing to power level my new Demon Hunter HC?


Add ChoseN#1176 I might be able to help ya out sometime. I'm off to work right now tho for 6 hours, maybe later tho ^^
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 177
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15968
Calm 2264
Mini 163
Rush 107
EffOrt 93
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
febbydoto14
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5524
pashabiceps716
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King43
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3752
Liquid`Hasu669
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1872
RotterdaM706
Beastyqt694
B2W.Neo560
C9.Mang0270
shahzam187
crisheroes161
QueenE100
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss64
UpATreeSC58
ZombieGrub39
JuggernautJason26
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
Algost 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 31
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade864
Other Games
• imaqtpie967
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 2m
INu's Battles
15h 2m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 2m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.