• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5814 users

Open Beta Weekend - Page 59

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 68 Next
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 23:36:01
April 21 2012 23:12 GMT
#1161
And the voice actor for Abd-Alhazir is just horrid. Would it have been that hard to find an arabic voice actor / someone who could do an arabic accent?

And they should let you switch skills when they're on cooldown when you're in town

And never attacking with your weapon EVER is just weird. Woulda made more sense to design skills that amplify your weapon, e.g. instead of poison dart, poison amplification of your weapon (that works ranged even for melee weapons, e.g. swing your sword and magically poison comes out)
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
Rybka
Profile Joined March 2010
United States836 Posts
April 21 2012 23:29 GMT
#1162
On April 22 2012 07:04 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
On moving and attacking:

I think with ranged skills, "shift move" will become the new A-move. When poison-darting with my witch doctor, I hold shift while I target my enemy then I move backwards, then repeat, so as to strafe away from the monsters. This way I never accidentally move towards the enemy when I mis-target the ground instead of the enemy I was aiming for.

I guess one downside is that we can't move to a specific location that is being covered by a monster, because you'll attack the monster instead of moving there unless you have the move command binded to a specific key, but probably the only reason you'd want to do that is if you're a melee attacker anyway, and I can't really imagine a scenario where there are SO many monsters you literally can't move anywhere near where you want to... so I don't think it's a problem.

I think they should replace the skill with the regular weapon attack for things that are within melee range, or at the very least for things like nearby barrels.


This happened all of the time in D2/LOD. Once you get up to the higher difficulty levels (namely hell, and now Inferno), you won't be able to move anywhere near where you want to because the screen is covered with monsters. You'll be forced to take whatever paths are open on the fly just to stay alive... it's awesome.
"I like winter, you can put a beer outside of the window and come back later to have it nice and cold. But in Belgium, it'd better be the 3rd floor window." -Rowa
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
April 21 2012 23:47 GMT
#1163
On April 22 2012 04:48 CubEdIn wrote:
Does anyone know any kind of fix for the game randomly (and often...ly) tabbing out and then back in on its own? It just freezes for a couple of second, tabs out so I can see my windows and s**t, and then tabs back in.

I tried changing resolution, display ratio, fullscreen/windowed, checked to have latest drivers, and my video card can definitely support the game, but it just does that every minute and it's annoying as fuck.

I checked on b.net forums and there are others who encountered this on laptops and whatnot, so it's not the video card I guess, but I don't know what to do and it's super annoying.


Help? Anyone.
I am desperate!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
April 21 2012 23:50 GMT
#1164
Well, the open beta has accomplished its task of making me want more.
Zero fighting.
Eisregen
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany967 Posts
April 22 2012 00:17 GMT
#1165
Well...seems to ne nice, despite the fact the screen freezes for severtal seconds everytime I throw around spiders </3...
Photo-Noob@ http://www.flickr.com/photos/eisregen1983/
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
April 22 2012 00:21 GMT
#1166
On April 22 2012 08:29 Rybka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 07:04 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
On moving and attacking:

I think with ranged skills, "shift move" will become the new A-move. When poison-darting with my witch doctor, I hold shift while I target my enemy then I move backwards, then repeat, so as to strafe away from the monsters. This way I never accidentally move towards the enemy when I mis-target the ground instead of the enemy I was aiming for.

I guess one downside is that we can't move to a specific location that is being covered by a monster, because you'll attack the monster instead of moving there unless you have the move command binded to a specific key, but probably the only reason you'd want to do that is if you're a melee attacker anyway, and I can't really imagine a scenario where there are SO many monsters you literally can't move anywhere near where you want to... so I don't think it's a problem.

I think they should replace the skill with the regular weapon attack for things that are within melee range, or at the very least for things like nearby barrels.


This happened all of the time in D2/LOD. Once you get up to the higher difficulty levels (namely hell, and now Inferno), you won't be able to move anywhere near where you want to because the screen is covered with monsters. You'll be forced to take whatever paths are open on the fly just to stay alive... it's awesome.


Yeah... I retract my statement. I got annoyed being unable to move where I wanted while killing King Leoric, which means it will DEFINITELY become a problem later... best just to have skills on other hotkeys I guess

(god it'll be a relief to put move back on right click)
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
April 22 2012 00:50 GMT
#1167
On April 22 2012 08:47 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 04:48 CubEdIn wrote:
Does anyone know any kind of fix for the game randomly (and often...ly) tabbing out and then back in on its own? It just freezes for a couple of second, tabs out so I can see my windows and s**t, and then tabs back in.

I tried changing resolution, display ratio, fullscreen/windowed, checked to have latest drivers, and my video card can definitely support the game, but it just does that every minute and it's annoying as fuck.

I checked on b.net forums and there are others who encountered this on laptops and whatnot, so it's not the video card I guess, but I don't know what to do and it's super annoying.


Help? Anyone.
I am desperate!


If anyone gets the annoying constant all-tabbing issue, here's a quick fix:

I changed the foreground max fps from options to 30 and it works just fine.
The issue was that with 150 it would overheat my GPU (constant 90ºC), with it on 30 it stays at a cool 70ºC throughout the whole game.

Just in case anyone needs to fix this.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
April 22 2012 01:06 GMT
#1168
On April 22 2012 08:50 Jaksiel wrote:
Well, the open beta has accomplished its task of making me want more.

Same here. I'm really really loving it the more i play. They kept it pretty true in many things to D2, and changed some as well, i haven't fully transitioned from D2 to D3 there is many things where i automatically click and would do in D2 that doesnt work in D3 like the X button is on button left in D2 im still used to that than top right
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
holdthephone
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States523 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 01:24:59
April 22 2012 01:24 GMT
#1169
Question: Is there anyway to switch skills out via hotkeys? It's very dangerous/tedious having to open a window that blocks the whole screen everytime I need to switch.
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
April 22 2012 01:29 GMT
#1170
On April 22 2012 10:24 holdthephone wrote:
Question: Is there anyway to switch skills out via hotkeys? It's very dangerous/tedious having to open a window that blocks the whole screen everytime I need to switch.


You can't. The UI for skill change being too big is a common complaint.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
holdthephone
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States523 Posts
April 22 2012 01:30 GMT
#1171
Huh, that seems like a big thing for Blizzard to overlook.
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
April 22 2012 01:40 GMT
#1172
Yeah this beta has me sold to play the game now. At first it seemed kind of boring (playing as wizard with the first skills), but as the skills develop it gets much more interesting/dynamic, and so does the story. I really liked the cooperative mode too, playing with others is definitely more fun than soloing and does a good job of building a sense of teamwork/friendship. Also the chat rooms are a lot of fun, I had some really interesting conversations there - in comparison Sc2 chat rooms seem to be dead most of the time for some reason.
rOse_PedaL
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Korea (South)450 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 02:41:36
April 22 2012 02:40 GMT
#1173
When i try to download the setup is says that I have not enough space to write it on my comp
but i have 400GB left and I live in North America/Canada and my friend who also lives in canada played the open beta
I am so stumped

EDIT: I get the error code BLZPTS00009
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MKP HWAITING ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 02:59:11
April 22 2012 02:55 GMT
#1174
So, first time playing a Diablo game ever... I find something weird.

Wizard and Witch Doctor can equip melee weapons/bows to increase firepower, but they don't really use it? For example, the Witch Doctor throws a jar of spiders as the left click attack, but the attack increases with weapons? Doesn't make much sense...
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 22 2012 02:57 GMT
#1175
On April 22 2012 10:29 rezoacken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 10:24 holdthephone wrote:
Question: Is there anyway to switch skills out via hotkeys? It's very dangerous/tedious having to open a window that blocks the whole screen everytime I need to switch.


You can't. The UI for skill change being too big is a common complaint.


The idea is that you're not supposed to swap in dangerous situations. At the very beginning of the game when you're levelling every 10 minutes and getting tons of new abilities at once this is a little bit annoying, but I'm sure by the time you've levelled up a bit and that process slows down, you won't really notice. Think about it this way, would you try to allocate points in your tree in D2 while you were mid-combat?
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
April 22 2012 03:08 GMT
#1176
Speaking of UI, I found that the text in the game was too small to quickly/comfortably read, at least for the high resolution I was playing at.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
April 22 2012 03:40 GMT
#1177
yay new error code 24100!
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
EZjijy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1039 Posts
April 22 2012 03:42 GMT
#1178
Nooooo. Server shutdown... (
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 22 2012 03:43 GMT
#1179
Damn Server shutdown =(
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
April 22 2012 03:44 GMT
#1180
Killed the Skeleton King with 3 seconds left on the shutdown, nbd.


As a side note, I think wizards are way overpowered
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
Artosis 675
White-Ra 102
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever660
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv242
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe170
Other Games
summit1g8428
shahzam607
JimRising 573
C9.Mang0291
ArmadaUGS70
Day[9].tv2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv2
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.