• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5814 users

Open Beta Weekend - Page 58

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 68 Next
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
April 21 2012 22:00 GMT
#1141
On April 22 2012 06:58 ThaZenith wrote:
People are so clueless. The whole point of this was to reveal problems that might not crop up with a smaller sample size. The more problems now, the less on release day, which is what actually matters.


This weekend convinced me that I definitely DON'T want to play at launch. If the servers don't work now I doubt they'll work in a month with more people trying to connect.
Kuno
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7 Posts
April 21 2012 22:01 GMT
#1142
https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok
Bashiok ‏ @Bashiok

We have 43 hours of #D3 open beta left. I do apologize for the downtime but we're making progress and are working
to let you in ASAP.

there is still hope
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
April 21 2012 22:02 GMT
#1143
I'm not mad that I can't play, because I know this is a stress test, but I am worried about release. First I had to jump thru hoops to get the game to load and now this....
m00nchile
Profile Joined July 2010
Slovenia240 Posts
April 21 2012 22:03 GMT
#1144
On April 22 2012 07:00 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 06:58 ThaZenith wrote:
People are so clueless. The whole point of this was to reveal problems that might not crop up with a smaller sample size. The more problems now, the less on release day, which is what actually matters.


This weekend convinced me that I definitely DON'T want to play at launch. If the servers don't work now I doubt they'll work in a month with more people trying to connect.

Well, not everyone trying this beta will be buying the game on the 15th. And remember, the whole world is spamming the US server, release day will have 3, so the load will be more balanced.
The above post was made by a noob. Take it as such.
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
April 21 2012 22:04 GMT
#1145
this is ridiculous.. blizz has released so many games in the past, and its pretty obvious how many people are gonna sign up for an open beta. Probably leaving a pretty shitty first impression for alot of people
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
April 21 2012 22:04 GMT
#1146
On moving and attacking:

I think with ranged skills, "shift move" will become the new A-move. When poison-darting with my witch doctor, I hold shift while I target my enemy then I move backwards, then repeat, so as to strafe away from the monsters. This way I never accidentally move towards the enemy when I mis-target the ground instead of the enemy I was aiming for.

I guess one downside is that we can't move to a specific location that is being covered by a monster, because you'll attack the monster instead of moving there unless you have the move command binded to a specific key, but probably the only reason you'd want to do that is if you're a melee attacker anyway, and I can't really imagine a scenario where there are SO many monsters you literally can't move anywhere near where you want to... so I don't think it's a problem.

I think they should replace the skill with the regular weapon attack for things that are within melee range, or at the very least for things like nearby barrels.
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
Vrax
Profile Joined July 2011
Scotland9 Posts
April 21 2012 22:05 GMT
#1147
Just logged in ^^
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
April 21 2012 22:06 GMT
#1148
On April 22 2012 06:49 radscorpion9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 06:47 matiK23 wrote:
On April 22 2012 06:46 Kitsune14 wrote:
On April 22 2012 06:39 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 22 2012 06:38 dukethegold wrote:
On April 22 2012 06:34 Bosu wrote:
On April 22 2012 05:32 radscorpion9 wrote:
On April 22 2012 05:13 Telcontar wrote:
Server problems every single time I try and play. It's so frustrating. I get it's a test, but what's the point of having an open beta if all you're doing is messing around with servers and not actually having people play?


I don't think they intended it to be quite this bad though. Just don't worry about it, you can play something else or watch Sc2


The point is to fix this shit so when the game is live people can play. It kinda blew my mind all the people who thought this was a way to build hype and just be a demo.


It kinda blew my mind that we are less than a month away from full release and the client is still plagued by issues of this scale.


I also don't remember people saying "stress test" before the servers started going down. Before that it was an "open beta".



We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game's release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!


http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo®_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012#blog

Blizzard did warn that this open beta was a stress test! So I do not feel any guilt of spamming their log in server every 30 seconds. :p


only 30 seconds? that's it? I'm doing it every 2-3 seconds son. Get on my level.


If you use the copy paste function you can cut it down to hundredths of a second (between error messages). I got really good at it.


Ha ha, I thought I'd try the copy paste method and I got in on the first try

TY
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
CCow
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany335 Posts
April 21 2012 22:07 GMT
#1149
Was just able to log-in.
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
April 21 2012 22:08 GMT
#1150
On April 22 2012 07:00 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 06:58 ThaZenith wrote:
People are so clueless. The whole point of this was to reveal problems that might not crop up with a smaller sample size. The more problems now, the less on release day, which is what actually matters.


This weekend convinced me that I definitely DON'T want to play at launch. If the servers don't work now I doubt they'll work in a month with more people trying to connect.


Well I remember that there were server problems during the sc2 beta time too, and at the day of release there were 0 problems.
Retric
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany284 Posts
April 21 2012 22:09 GMT
#1151
i'm in
Murlox
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France1699 Posts
April 21 2012 22:10 GMT
#1152
Aye, works for me
Resistance ain't futile
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
April 21 2012 22:12 GMT
#1153
Hoozahhh!
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
Kallehoe
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden67 Posts
April 21 2012 22:12 GMT
#1154
just got in! yey
derrrrr
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
April 21 2012 22:16 GMT
#1155
Confirmed, got in on first try, will probably squueze in a hour or two before sleep.
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
April 21 2012 22:16 GMT
#1156
Sorry at the guys I raged at, I was DCed RIGHT at Skeleton King. :D
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
April 21 2012 22:42 GMT
#1157
On April 22 2012 07:04 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
On moving and attacking:

I think with ranged skills, "shift move" will become the new A-move. When poison-darting with my witch doctor, I hold shift while I target my enemy then I move backwards, then repeat, so as to strafe away from the monsters. This way I never accidentally move towards the enemy when I mis-target the ground instead of the enemy I was aiming for.

I guess one downside is that we can't move to a specific location that is being covered by a monster, because you'll attack the monster instead of moving there unless you have the move command binded to a specific key, but probably the only reason you'd want to do that is if you're a melee attacker anyway, and I can't really imagine a scenario where there are SO many monsters you literally can't move anywhere near where you want to... so I don't think it's a problem.

I think they should replace the skill with the regular weapon attack for things that are within melee range, or at the very least for things like nearby barrels.



Oh it's actually happened to me. There are 2 places in the beta where you can have so many enemies that you cannot move. One, in the crypts if you activate the time based event you can be swarmed by so many skeletons you cannot move anywhere. Second The four activated pillars right before The Skeleton King chambers can spawn so many skeletons that you cannot move if you do not kill off the pillars fast enough.
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
April 21 2012 22:43 GMT
#1158
I wish there wasn't an annoying pop up saying "CONGRATULATIONS, MASSACRE" every time I kill a few zombies
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
April 21 2012 22:45 GMT
#1159
On April 22 2012 07:43 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
I wish there wasn't an annoying pop up saying "CONGRATULATIONS, MASSACRE" every time I kill a few zombies

An option to turn off all those annoying popups would be nice.

Destroy 7 barrels. (OMFG UR AWESOME HAVE SOME XP DUDE)
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 22:49:56
April 21 2012 22:49 GMT
#1160
Tell me about it, DESTRUCTION! 8!!!! +2xp lol.
I think an option to disable them or at least allow players to put minimum threshold to them being shown (so it doesn't spam them but once in a while with actually massive counts it might pop) would work well.

At least they dissappear reasonably fast and dont linger for ages.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
Artosis 675
White-Ra 102
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever660
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv242
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe170
Other Games
summit1g8428
shahzam607
JimRising 573
C9.Mang0291
ArmadaUGS70
Day[9].tv2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv2
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.