• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:56
CEST 00:56
KST 07:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9971 users

Prop 8 upheld - Page 8

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 24 Next All
Idle
Profile Joined May 2009
Korea (South)124 Posts
May 30 2009 01:22 GMT
#141
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:04 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:59 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:57 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:55 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:50 JWD wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:47 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:43 Archerofaiur wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:


Marriage as always been only between a man and a woman throughout all of history.


If I can provide you an example will you admit your definition is wrong?




On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:
Anyways, anti-prop 8 supporters are oppressive. Vandalizing property, threatening peoples lives, assault and battery, runs the gamut. Reminds me of the gestapo. Calling up businesses and threatening them with violence, etc. This is all documented immensely, and if you want me to link for you, I'll gladly do that.


Remember when those black people were being oppressive and doing all those things. Good thing we didnt cave and give them equal rights. Otherwise everyone would want them.


I addressed this, gay couples have the same benefits as married couples.

...except being able to marry.


So you want to force the churches to do something that is a sin in their religion? What happened to freedom of religion?


Nobody wants the churches to do anything. The issue is that the government is the one refusing to grant marriages, and the government shouldn't get to exclude people.


The government grants the same benefits to gay couples as it does to straight couples. Try again.


No, actually it doesn't. You keep stating this but its completely false. Only 8 states grant civil unions or domestic partnerships which similar rights to marriage, and 5 more grant some of the same rights. Since this thread is specifically on prop 8 in california, domestic partnership differs in the following ways:

# Couples seeking domestic partnership must already share a residence, married couples may be married without living together.
# Couples seeking domestic partnership must be 18 or older, minors can be married before the age of 18 with the consent of their parents.
# California permits married couples the option of confidential marriage, there is no equivalent institution for domestic partnerships. In confidential marriages, no witnesses are required and the marriage license is not a matter of public record.
# Married partners of state employees are eligible for the CalPERS long-term care insurance plan, domestic partners are not.
# There is, at least according to one appellate ruling, no equivalent of the Putative Spouse Doctrine for domestic partnerships.



The only benefit there, that isn't the same is CalPERS. Fight for that, not to change the definition of marriage.


How do you expect people to take you seriously when you just quoted a post with 5 benefits same sex couples do not share and tried to say that the only different one is CalPERS. That's even only the government benefit differences and does not include differences in treatment instituted by individual organizations such as preventing or denying access to things like insurance or visitation rights.
I'd turn gay for Baby.... wait, that came out wrong.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 30 2009 01:23 GMT
#142
On May 30 2009 10:19 JWD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:16 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:09 Frits wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:57 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:54 Diomedes wrote:
Wait, Aegraen is calling those who want to lift bans on gay marriage oppressive like the gestapo? WTF? I thought he meant the other way around?


WTF

Ban me if he isn't a troll.


Nope, not at all. I'm calling those who employ coercive, violent, and strongarm tactics as comparable to exactly what the Gestapo did. The majority of anti prop 8, supported these, and employed these tactics once they lost, and even beforehand.



What a retarded analogy, the contexts are so different it's not even funny. People against prop 8 who act in outrage do so because they want equal rights, not because they think they are the master race.

You're one to talk by the way, this is probably the most manipulative argument I have ever seen:

On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:
Anyways, anti-prop 8 supporters are oppressive. Vandalizing property, threatening peoples lives, assault and battery, runs the gamut. Reminds me of the gestapo. Calling up businesses and threatening them with violence, etc. This is all documented immensely, and if you want me to link for you, I'll gladly do that.


Ad hominem, stereotyping, hasty generalization, scare tactics, in the current context I'd call your methods as detestable as the prop 8 supporters who resort to violent acts.

Not to mention you openly support torture, you comparing someone with the gestapo is incredibly ironic.



http://michellemalkin.com/?s=proposition 8 mob

There are at least 20+ incidents, across a variety of spectrum. Read at your behest.

This is great, but it has nothing to do with whether gay marriage should be legalized. Get off it.


Why are you saying gay marriage if you believe marriage can be between gay couples? It's like me saying straight marriage. Its absurd.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 01:26:02
May 30 2009 01:24 GMT
#143
On May 30 2009 10:22 Idle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:04 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:59 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:57 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:55 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:50 JWD wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:47 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:43 Archerofaiur wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:


Marriage as always been only between a man and a woman throughout all of history.


If I can provide you an example will you admit your definition is wrong?




On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:
Anyways, anti-prop 8 supporters are oppressive. Vandalizing property, threatening peoples lives, assault and battery, runs the gamut. Reminds me of the gestapo. Calling up businesses and threatening them with violence, etc. This is all documented immensely, and if you want me to link for you, I'll gladly do that.


Remember when those black people were being oppressive and doing all those things. Good thing we didnt cave and give them equal rights. Otherwise everyone would want them.


I addressed this, gay couples have the same benefits as married couples.

...except being able to marry.


So you want to force the churches to do something that is a sin in their religion? What happened to freedom of religion?


Nobody wants the churches to do anything. The issue is that the government is the one refusing to grant marriages, and the government shouldn't get to exclude people.


The government grants the same benefits to gay couples as it does to straight couples. Try again.


No, actually it doesn't. You keep stating this but its completely false. Only 8 states grant civil unions or domestic partnerships which similar rights to marriage, and 5 more grant some of the same rights. Since this thread is specifically on prop 8 in california, domestic partnership differs in the following ways:

# Couples seeking domestic partnership must already share a residence, married couples may be married without living together.
# Couples seeking domestic partnership must be 18 or older, minors can be married before the age of 18 with the consent of their parents.
# California permits married couples the option of confidential marriage, there is no equivalent institution for domestic partnerships. In confidential marriages, no witnesses are required and the marriage license is not a matter of public record.
# Married partners of state employees are eligible for the CalPERS long-term care insurance plan, domestic partners are not.
# There is, at least according to one appellate ruling, no equivalent of the Putative Spouse Doctrine for domestic partnerships.



The only benefit there, that isn't the same is CalPERS. Fight for that, not to change the definition of marriage.


How do you expect people to take you seriously when you just quoted a post with 5 benefits same sex couples do not share and tried to say that the only different one is CalPERS. That's even only the government benefit differences and does not include differences in treatment instituted by individual organizations such as preventing or denying access to things like insurance or visitation rights.


Because a benefit specifies economic derivation.

PS: Power of Attorney covers the latter part of your arguement, which you can get outside of a civil union and marriage.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Idle
Profile Joined May 2009
Korea (South)124 Posts
May 30 2009 01:25 GMT
#144
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:18 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:12 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:03 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen is posting offensive stereotype nonsense, in the bluntest most unconvincing manners, in almost every thread.

So surely you are wrong. Main problem is his intentions. I suspect he is some enbittered far left wing 'liberal' trying to make 'his opponents' look bad.


Try again, I'm a libertarian/conservative.


You call yourself that but your attitude and viewpoints are completely counter to libertarian/conservative ideals.


No, they are not.


The principles of Libertarianism are to maximize individual liberty, minimization of state power over individuals' personal and economic decisions, or for some libertarians (me), the abolition of the state.

So yes, your attitude that the state should be able to have control over who can and cannot get married is in direct conflict with libertarian ideals.
I'd turn gay for Baby.... wait, that came out wrong.
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
May 30 2009 01:25 GMT
#145
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:18 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:12 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:03 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen is posting offensive stereotype nonsense, in the bluntest most unconvincing manners, in almost every thread.

So surely you are wrong. Main problem is his intentions. I suspect he is some enbittered far left wing 'liberal' trying to make 'his opponents' look bad.


Try again, I'm a libertarian/conservative.


You call yourself that but your attitude and viewpoints are completely counter to libertarian/conservative ideals.


No, they are not.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

You should be against prop 8 and let the churches decide whether or not they can ban marriage in their church.
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 01:26:56
May 30 2009 01:26 GMT
#146
On May 30 2009 10:23 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:19 JWD wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:16 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:09 Frits wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:57 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:54 Diomedes wrote:
Wait, Aegraen is calling those who want to lift bans on gay marriage oppressive like the gestapo? WTF? I thought he meant the other way around?


WTF

Ban me if he isn't a troll.


Nope, not at all. I'm calling those who employ coercive, violent, and strongarm tactics as comparable to exactly what the Gestapo did. The majority of anti prop 8, supported these, and employed these tactics once they lost, and even beforehand.



What a retarded analogy, the contexts are so different it's not even funny. People against prop 8 who act in outrage do so because they want equal rights, not because they think they are the master race.

You're one to talk by the way, this is probably the most manipulative argument I have ever seen:

On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:
Anyways, anti-prop 8 supporters are oppressive. Vandalizing property, threatening peoples lives, assault and battery, runs the gamut. Reminds me of the gestapo. Calling up businesses and threatening them with violence, etc. This is all documented immensely, and if you want me to link for you, I'll gladly do that.


Ad hominem, stereotyping, hasty generalization, scare tactics, in the current context I'd call your methods as detestable as the prop 8 supporters who resort to violent acts.

Not to mention you openly support torture, you comparing someone with the gestapo is incredibly ironic.



http://michellemalkin.com/?s=proposition 8 mob

There are at least 20+ incidents, across a variety of spectrum. Read at your behest.

This is great, but it has nothing to do with whether gay marriage should be legalized. Get off it.


Why are you saying gay marriage if you believe marriage can be between gay couples? It's like me saying straight marriage. Its absurd.


Im sorry is that really the best arguement you could come up with after everyone just disproved everything you said?
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 01:27:45
May 30 2009 01:27 GMT
#147
On May 30 2009 10:23 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:19 JWD wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:16 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:09 Frits wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:57 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:54 Diomedes wrote:
Wait, Aegraen is calling those who want to lift bans on gay marriage oppressive like the gestapo? WTF? I thought he meant the other way around?


WTF

Ban me if he isn't a troll.


Nope, not at all. I'm calling those who employ coercive, violent, and strongarm tactics as comparable to exactly what the Gestapo did. The majority of anti prop 8, supported these, and employed these tactics once they lost, and even beforehand.



What a retarded analogy, the contexts are so different it's not even funny. People against prop 8 who act in outrage do so because they want equal rights, not because they think they are the master race.

You're one to talk by the way, this is probably the most manipulative argument I have ever seen:

On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:
Anyways, anti-prop 8 supporters are oppressive. Vandalizing property, threatening peoples lives, assault and battery, runs the gamut. Reminds me of the gestapo. Calling up businesses and threatening them with violence, etc. This is all documented immensely, and if you want me to link for you, I'll gladly do that.


Ad hominem, stereotyping, hasty generalization, scare tactics, in the current context I'd call your methods as detestable as the prop 8 supporters who resort to violent acts.

Not to mention you openly support torture, you comparing someone with the gestapo is incredibly ironic.



http://michellemalkin.com/?s=proposition 8 mob

There are at least 20+ incidents, across a variety of spectrum. Read at your behest.

This is great, but it has nothing to do with whether gay marriage should be legalized. Get off it.


Why are you saying gay marriage if you believe marriage can be between gay couples? It's like me saying straight marriage. Its absurd.

If you want to make the point that we either should change the way we speak about it or admit that we already have made up our minds and should take your stance, then sure you can make it. But don't randomly harass someone for using the term which has already been coined/accepted. It's irrelevant to the current state of your discussion.

I'm honestly disgusted by what I've read from you in this thread. I very rarely am this agitated, but I also tend to stay away from controversial issue threads so I might just not be desensitized enough.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
May 30 2009 01:27 GMT
#148
On May 30 2009 10:16 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:09 Frits wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:57 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:54 Diomedes wrote:
Wait, Aegraen is calling those who want to lift bans on gay marriage oppressive like the gestapo? WTF? I thought he meant the other way around?


WTF

Ban me if he isn't a troll.


Nope, not at all. I'm calling those who employ coercive, violent, and strongarm tactics as comparable to exactly what the Gestapo did. The majority of anti prop 8, supported these, and employed these tactics once they lost, and even beforehand.



What a retarded analogy, the contexts are so different it's not even funny. People against prop 8 who act in outrage do so because they want equal rights, not because they think they are the master race.

You're one to talk by the way, this is probably the most manipulative argument I have ever seen:

On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:
Anyways, anti-prop 8 supporters are oppressive. Vandalizing property, threatening peoples lives, assault and battery, runs the gamut. Reminds me of the gestapo. Calling up businesses and threatening them with violence, etc. This is all documented immensely, and if you want me to link for you, I'll gladly do that.


Ad hominem, stereotyping, hasty generalization, scare tactics, in the current context I'd call your methods as detestable as the prop 8 opposers who resort to violent acts.

Not to mention you openly support torture, you comparing someone with the gestapo is incredibly ironic.



http://michellemalkin.com/?s=proposition 8 mob

There are at least 20+ incidents, across a variety of spectrum. Read at your behest.


How do 20+ incidents represent millions of people? How does this discredit anything I said? I am against prop 8, I am not assaulting anyone.

Also updated my post with my thoughts on the main subject to not get too offtopic here.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 30 2009 01:27 GMT
#149
On May 30 2009 10:25 Idle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:18 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:12 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:03 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen is posting offensive stereotype nonsense, in the bluntest most unconvincing manners, in almost every thread.

So surely you are wrong. Main problem is his intentions. I suspect he is some enbittered far left wing 'liberal' trying to make 'his opponents' look bad.


Try again, I'm a libertarian/conservative.


You call yourself that but your attitude and viewpoints are completely counter to libertarian/conservative ideals.


No, they are not.


The principles of Libertarianism are to maximize individual liberty, minimization of state power over individuals' personal and economic decisions, or for some libertarians (me), the abolition of the state.

So yes, your attitude that the state should be able to have control over who can and cannot get married is in direct conflict with libertarian ideals.


Marriage is not a right; I believe in Federalism. Therefore I am not against any tenants of libertarianism. Personally, if I had the choice I would abolish all state derived benefits associated with marriage and civil unions.

The abolition of the state, is called anarchy. You're an anarchist, not a libertarian.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Idle
Profile Joined May 2009
Korea (South)124 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 01:29:59
May 30 2009 01:29 GMT
#150
On May 30 2009 10:27 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:25 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:18 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:12 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:03 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen is posting offensive stereotype nonsense, in the bluntest most unconvincing manners, in almost every thread.

So surely you are wrong. Main problem is his intentions. I suspect he is some enbittered far left wing 'liberal' trying to make 'his opponents' look bad.


Try again, I'm a libertarian/conservative.


You call yourself that but your attitude and viewpoints are completely counter to libertarian/conservative ideals.


No, they are not.


The principles of Libertarianism are to maximize individual liberty, minimization of state power over individuals' personal and economic decisions, or for some libertarians (me), the abolition of the state.

So yes, your attitude that the state should be able to have control over who can and cannot get married is in direct conflict with libertarian ideals.




Marriage is not a right; I believe in Federalism. Therefore I am not against any tenants of libertarianism. Personally, if I had the choice I would abolish all state derived benefits associated with marriage and civil unions.

The abolition of the state, is called anarchy. You're an anarchist, not a libertarian.


You're right, I am. Guess what, anarchy is nothing more than an extreme form of libertarianism.
I'd turn gay for Baby.... wait, that came out wrong.
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
May 30 2009 01:30 GMT
#151
On May 30 2009 09:37 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
I don't care about gay marriage in terms of "marriage," the church can keep that. The part I have a problem with is how gays aren't allowed the same domestic partnership and financial/social benefits as male/female couples. I think the church can refuse to "marry" two gay people, but they shouldn't be allowed to even have influence on whether or not these people share the benefits.

Basically, I think they should be allowed to "marry" without the title of "marriage."

My thoughts as well.
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44329 Posts
May 30 2009 01:30 GMT
#152
On May 30 2009 10:23 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:19 JWD wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:16 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:09 Frits wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:57 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:54 Diomedes wrote:
Wait, Aegraen is calling those who want to lift bans on gay marriage oppressive like the gestapo? WTF? I thought he meant the other way around?


WTF

Ban me if he isn't a troll.


Nope, not at all. I'm calling those who employ coercive, violent, and strongarm tactics as comparable to exactly what the Gestapo did. The majority of anti prop 8, supported these, and employed these tactics once they lost, and even beforehand.



What a retarded analogy, the contexts are so different it's not even funny. People against prop 8 who act in outrage do so because they want equal rights, not because they think they are the master race.

You're one to talk by the way, this is probably the most manipulative argument I have ever seen:

On May 30 2009 09:39 Aegraen wrote:
Anyways, anti-prop 8 supporters are oppressive. Vandalizing property, threatening peoples lives, assault and battery, runs the gamut. Reminds me of the gestapo. Calling up businesses and threatening them with violence, etc. This is all documented immensely, and if you want me to link for you, I'll gladly do that.


Ad hominem, stereotyping, hasty generalization, scare tactics, in the current context I'd call your methods as detestable as the prop 8 supporters who resort to violent acts.

Not to mention you openly support torture, you comparing someone with the gestapo is incredibly ironic.



http://michellemalkin.com/?s=proposition 8 mob

There are at least 20+ incidents, across a variety of spectrum. Read at your behest.

This is great, but it has nothing to do with whether gay marriage should be legalized. Get off it.


Why are you saying gay marriage if you believe marriage can be between gay couples? It's like me saying straight marriage. Its absurd.

Because marriage is already legal in some contexts, he wishes it to be widened to the context of gays. Just saying "whether marriage should be legalized" would create confusion because of this. His meaning was clear, his wording correct, your point, ridiculous. Perhaps the stupidest thing you've said yet which given your history is actually really impressive.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
May 30 2009 01:32 GMT
#153
On May 30 2009 10:30 seppolevne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 09:37 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
I don't care about gay marriage in terms of "marriage," the church can keep that. The part I have a problem with is how gays aren't allowed the same domestic partnership and financial/social benefits as male/female couples. I think the church can refuse to "marry" two gay people, but they shouldn't be allowed to even have influence on whether or not these people share the benefits.

Basically, I think they should be allowed to "marry" without the title of "marriage."

My thoughts as well.


This is like telling a black he can ride the bus but he has to sit at the back.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 01:33:34
May 30 2009 01:32 GMT
#154
On May 30 2009 10:25 DM20 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:18 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:12 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:03 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen is posting offensive stereotype nonsense, in the bluntest most unconvincing manners, in almost every thread.

So surely you are wrong. Main problem is his intentions. I suspect he is some enbittered far left wing 'liberal' trying to make 'his opponents' look bad.


Try again, I'm a libertarian/conservative.


You call yourself that but your attitude and viewpoints are completely counter to libertarian/conservative ideals.


No, they are not.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

You should be against prop 8 and let the churches decide whether or not they can ban marriage in their church.


I am not lock and step with every tenant of libertarianism. For example, I am not an anarchist. Secondly, I also share the views of conservatism, that being strong military, federalism, and abiding by the US Constitution (means absolving 99% of Federal Government institutions, this can be parlayed to libertarianism also), non-interventionism, etc.

I am for prop 8 because using the government to force religions to accept the definition that is proposed, and to socially force others to share your views is not a governmental function.

There is no rights being infringed upon, its purely use of government to try and change social acceptance, period. If you're for this, then how is that being a libertarian?
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 01:35:04
May 30 2009 01:34 GMT
#155
On May 30 2009 10:27 Aegraen wrote:
Therefore I am not against any tenants of libertarianism.


On May 30 2009 10:32 Aegraen wrote:
I am not lock and step with every tenant of libertarianism.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tenants
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tenets
✌
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 30 2009 01:35 GMT
#156
On May 30 2009 10:29 Idle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:27 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:25 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:18 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:12 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:03 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen is posting offensive stereotype nonsense, in the bluntest most unconvincing manners, in almost every thread.

So surely you are wrong. Main problem is his intentions. I suspect he is some enbittered far left wing 'liberal' trying to make 'his opponents' look bad.


Try again, I'm a libertarian/conservative.


You call yourself that but your attitude and viewpoints are completely counter to libertarian/conservative ideals.


No, they are not.


The principles of Libertarianism are to maximize individual liberty, minimization of state power over individuals' personal and economic decisions, or for some libertarians (me), the abolition of the state.

So yes, your attitude that the state should be able to have control over who can and cannot get married is in direct conflict with libertarian ideals.




Marriage is not a right; I believe in Federalism. Therefore I am not against any tenants of libertarianism. Personally, if I had the choice I would abolish all state derived benefits associated with marriage and civil unions.

The abolition of the state, is called anarchy. You're an anarchist, not a libertarian.


You're right, I am. Guess what, anarchy is nothing more than an extreme form of libertarianism.


You're belief that without a state that you have maximum freedom and personal liberty is in reality, the opposite. Without some structure, you have no liberty or freedom, because anyone can come and take from you and kill you. There is no laws, to prevent this.

Anyways off topic.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 01:37:44
May 30 2009 01:37 GMT
#157
On May 30 2009 10:32 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:25 DM20 wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:19 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:18 Idle wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:12 Aegraen wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:03 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen is posting offensive stereotype nonsense, in the bluntest most unconvincing manners, in almost every thread.

So surely you are wrong. Main problem is his intentions. I suspect he is some enbittered far left wing 'liberal' trying to make 'his opponents' look bad.


Try again, I'm a libertarian/conservative.


You call yourself that but your attitude and viewpoints are completely counter to libertarian/conservative ideals.


No, they are not.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

You should be against prop 8 and let the churches decide whether or not they can ban marriage in their church.


I am not lock and step with every tenant of libertarianism. For example, I am not an anarchist. Secondly, I also share the views of conservatism, that being strong military, federalism, and abiding by the US Constitution (means absolving 99% of Federal Government institutions, this can be parlayed to libertarianism also), non-interventionism, etc.

I am for prop 8 because using the government to force religions to accept the definition that is proposed, and to socially force others to share your views is not a governmental function.

There is no rights being infringed upon, its purely use of government to try and change social acceptance, period. If you're for this, then how is that being a libertarian?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_(2008)
+ Show Spoiler +
The proponents argued that exclusively heterosexual marriage was "an essential institution of society," that leaving the constitution unchanged would "result in public schools teaching our kids that gay marriage is okay," and that gays would "redefine marriage for everyone else."


Prop 8 was to undo the legalization of gay marriage, so you have it backwards, its the church forcing their views onto everyone else.
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
May 30 2009 01:38 GMT
#158
On May 30 2009 10:32 DM20 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:30 seppolevne wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:37 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
I don't care about gay marriage in terms of "marriage," the church can keep that. The part I have a problem with is how gays aren't allowed the same domestic partnership and financial/social benefits as male/female couples. I think the church can refuse to "marry" two gay people, but they shouldn't be allowed to even have influence on whether or not these people share the benefits.

Basically, I think they should be allowed to "marry" without the title of "marriage."

My thoughts as well.


This is like telling a black he can ride the bus but he has to sit at the back.

Buses are a public service. The church is not. The state should have no (real) say as to what a church does, and the church should have no say in what the state does.
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
DeathSpank
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1029 Posts
May 30 2009 01:39 GMT
#159
On May 30 2009 10:38 seppolevne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:32 DM20 wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:30 seppolevne wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:37 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
I don't care about gay marriage in terms of "marriage," the church can keep that. The part I have a problem with is how gays aren't allowed the same domestic partnership and financial/social benefits as male/female couples. I think the church can refuse to "marry" two gay people, but they shouldn't be allowed to even have influence on whether or not these people share the benefits.

Basically, I think they should be allowed to "marry" without the title of "marriage."

My thoughts as well.


This is like telling a black he can ride the bus but he has to sit at the back.

Buses are a public service. The church is not. The state should have no (real) say as to what a church does, and the church should have no say in what the state does.

somehow I doubt a church is going to marry gay people....I also doubt that the majority of gay couples will want to get married in a church.
yes.
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
May 30 2009 01:40 GMT
#160
On May 30 2009 10:38 seppolevne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2009 10:32 DM20 wrote:
On May 30 2009 10:30 seppolevne wrote:
On May 30 2009 09:37 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
I don't care about gay marriage in terms of "marriage," the church can keep that. The part I have a problem with is how gays aren't allowed the same domestic partnership and financial/social benefits as male/female couples. I think the church can refuse to "marry" two gay people, but they shouldn't be allowed to even have influence on whether or not these people share the benefits.

Basically, I think they should be allowed to "marry" without the title of "marriage."

My thoughts as well.


This is like telling a black he can ride the bus but he has to sit at the back.

Buses are a public service. The church is not. The state should have no (real) say as to what a church does, and the church should have no say in what the state does.


Yes so the way it was, gays could get married if they found a church to marry them, the choice to marry even with heterosexual couples is up to the church, if you can't find a church you do it at a courthouse.

Prop 8 made it illegal for gays to marry even at court houses. Telling a gay person they can get married but not calling it marriage is even more insulting than saying they can't
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE189
Nina 118
Nathanias 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14230
Artosis 516
White-Ra 259
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever458
NeuroSwarm137
League of Legends
Doublelift4222
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1024
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2169
Liquid`Hasu1333
Trikslyr73
Other Games
summit1g7303
Grubby3695
ArmadaUGS983
shahzam567
JimRising 406
C9.Mang0271
ZombieGrub47
Mew2King45
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
Other Games
gamesdonequick52
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• musti20045 37
• davetesta35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1241
• Scarra1007
• Shiphtur256
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 4m
OSC
14h 4m
Stellar Fest
14h 4m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.