• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:23
CEST 06:23
KST 13:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8964 users

2008 US Presidential Election - Page 23

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 130 Next
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 29 2008 03:11 GMT
#441
honestly?

The RNC? If republicans get a significant bump out of it I will be extremely surprised. RNC doesnt have steven spielberg and tom hanks and stevie wonder, it doesnt have the amazing direction and staging and intricracies. It doesnt have the media attention.

RNC will be nowhere near as big as this
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 29 2008 03:14 GMT
#442
Well right now it's in the Republicans court, with the RNC coming up and McCain and his VP will be seen tomorrow and the polls could go either way I think with his pick. If it's a woman I could see trouble, and McCain isn't dumb when it comes to picking Liberman.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 29 2008 03:26 GMT
#443
HOLY SHIT BET HAS CONVENTION COVERAGE. Something tells me this is going to be the best of the best.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
August 29 2008 03:33 GMT
#444
McCain is running a congratulatory commercial.

That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 29 2008 03:39 GMT
#445
All I see are $1.49 Delta Minis from Popeye's. Thank you BET, my new place for politics!
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 29 2008 03:40 GMT
#446
On August 29 2008 12:33 Mindcrime wrote:
McCain is running a congratulatory commercial.



I missed it

on what channel?
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
August 29 2008 03:41 GMT
#447
I saw it on Fox News.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 29 2008 03:47 GMT
#448
On August 29 2008 12:33 Mindcrime wrote:
McCain is running a congratulatory commercial.



It will be gone tomorrow.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
NovaTheFeared
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States7232 Posts
August 29 2008 03:49 GMT
#449
Congratulations Ad

There is no attack in this ad just McCain saying congratulations and notes that the 28th is a historic day (1963).
日本語が分かりますか
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
August 29 2008 03:56 GMT
#450
John McCain's campaign isn't going to leak the name of its vp pick tonight as they originally intended "out of respect for Obama."

how big of them
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
August 29 2008 03:57 GMT
#451
Meh, I was disappointed in Obama's speech.

While I think he needs to attack more, I thought that that speech was the wrong venue. You're accepting the nomination here, be positive. The day should be about Obama, not a contrast with McCain.

Oh well.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 29 2008 03:59 GMT
#452
On August 29 2008 12:57 triangle wrote:
Meh, I was disappointed in Obama's speech.

While I think he needs to attack more, I thought that that speech was the wrong venue. You're accepting the nomination here, be positive. The day should be about Obama, not a contrast with McCain.

Oh well.

This highlights the problem he's been facing the past two weeks. Is it actually possible for him to win running with Hope and Change, or does he need to stray closer to the typical route? I'm not sure, but with regret I think I'm leaning in the direction that Change isn't enough.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-29 04:03:32
August 29 2008 04:01 GMT
#453
On August 29 2008 12:33 Mindcrime wrote:
McCain is running a congratulatory commercial.


I think this is significant. it could mean McCain can take away the title of 'reform' politician. if he keeps up with this kind of message (which he probably won't), it could mean undermining Obama's message of "change" and "reform". essentially, he'll be stealing the moral high ground. Further, it's an appeal to POed hillary supporters who are looking for any excuse to vote against Obama. It makes McCain an 'acceptable' alternative.

This message is a calculated move. If McCain earnestly wanted to express his congratulations, he could've called up Obama privately. Instead, he spent a few million airing this ad. As far as politics goes, these kinds of messages have a powerful emotional effect, in that it reveals the candidates' humanity. For another such move that turned the tides of an election, see Hillary & New Hampshire. You can bet this will be talked about on blogs and opinion pages all over. In that spirit, I expect Obama to air a similar ad on the day of McCain's nomination.

Cynicism aside, this commercial gave me a great feeling of relief. And to be honest, it made it a little more likely I'll vote for McCain.

On August 29 2008 12:57 triangle wrote:
Meh, I was disappointed in Obama's speech.

While I think he needs to attack more, I thought that that speech was the wrong venue. You're accepting the nomination here, be positive. The day should be about Obama, not a contrast with McCain.

Oh well.

Maybe, but there will never be another chance for Obama to reach as many people in as little time. It's a matter of cost efficiency.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-29 05:39:57
August 29 2008 05:39 GMT
#454
the AP under Ron Fournier is sure losing whatever image of impartiality it once had

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CVN_CONVENTION_ANALYSIS

it's sad to see AP abdicating it's role as a source of independent journalism

Edit: i've noticed a consistent slant in AP's reporting of late, but maybe i'm alone in this. what do you guys think?
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
Enrique
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States377 Posts
August 29 2008 05:59 GMT
#455
Shoot, I'm an Obama guy myself, and I'm noticing all kinds of slant in the articles I'm reading. Practically everything about the convention on nytimes.com is, in one way or another, lining up to fellate Barack. I totally get what you're saying, a-game.
~Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges~
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-29 06:10:25
August 29 2008 06:07 GMT
#456
well i was actually suggesting that AP under Ron Fournier has a decidedly pro-mccain slant.

not that there's anything new or significant about biased reporting, but i've always found AP articles up until this election to be pretty neutral.

Edit: i don't want AP to fellate obama either though, if i want to see biased coverage i go to places like kos.dailykos.com. i just wish AP had stuck to being objective and neutral.
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-29 06:14:10
August 29 2008 06:12 GMT
#457
On August 29 2008 14:39 a-game wrote:
the AP under Ron Fournier is sure losing whatever image of impartiality it once had

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CVN_CONVENTION_ANALYSIS

it's sad to see AP abdicating it's role as a source of independent journalism

Edit: i've noticed a consistent slant in AP's reporting of late, but maybe i'm alone in this. what do you guys think?


that link doesnt work for me

And yeah I have seen ridiculous pro-mccain AP stories.

NYTimes is pro-obama, but thats to be expected
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-29 06:23:33
August 29 2008 06:22 GMT
#458
here's the same article with a different url
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080829/D92RNBIG0.html

and i agree, the difference between AP and NYT is that everyone's known for a while that NYT is left-leaning. whereas, for me anyways, the AP had the reputation of a fairly neutral news source.
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 29 2008 06:39 GMT
#459
quite honestly its bullshit

first they have murdoch+fox+all the newspapers/tv stations he controls, and now AP.

I dont even know what to say
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
August 29 2008 06:41 GMT
#460
On August 29 2008 15:22 a-game wrote:
here's the same article with a different url
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080829/D92RNBIG0.html

and i agree, the difference between AP and NYT is that everyone's known for a while that NYT is left-leaning. whereas, for me anyways, the AP had the reputation of a fairly neutral news source.


I didn't feel any bias, except maybe at this part:

For instance, Obama said it's time "to protect Social Security for future generations." But he didn't mention his main proposal, which is to add a new Social Security payroll tax to incomes above $250,000 a year.

He said he would "cut taxes for 95 percent of all working families," but did not say how.
wtf was that signature
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1491
910 89
NotJumperer 74
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox399
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g8037
Coldzera 734
JimRising 637
C9.Mang0332
WinterStarcraft331
PiGStarcraft280
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1013
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• practicex 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota237
League of Legends
• Lourlo979
• Rush789
• Stunt179
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 37m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 37m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 37m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.