• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7671 users

Looking for opinions on my PvT macro! (3500 MMR)

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
BabelFish1
Profile Joined September 2015
186 Posts
May 27 2021 16:57 GMT
#1
drop.sc/replay/19145276

drop.sc/replay/19145886

drop.sc/replay/19145895

3 replays to start. I know there's additional things I can be doing, such as grabbing higher tech faster, etc. I'm pretty casual these days, not looking to be the next GSL finalist lol.

Any advice and feedback is welcome!
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-28 16:23:32
May 28 2021 16:14 GMT
#2
I watched all 3 replays. I don't think you're really looking for help, you only posted replays of you winning. No worries though it's obvious of the mistakes, and I can probably predict the games of what happens that you just straight up die in. I will keep it simple only list 3 things.

1) You need to work on your build order a lot more. This build order isn't very solid honestly. It will work, but you will start to struggle in diamond with it.

2) You play this build order as if it's a macro build order opening, but it's actually more of an all-in chargelot build. If you're going to do a build similar to this don't get your 3rd nexus as quickly. I would just focus on unit burst instead. it will be a more powerful attack. If you don't want to all-in you need to work on transitioning out of just charge lots only off 1 gas. Basically you get to expand a lot if only you do very well with the first attack, but get crushed and can't expand if they defend your chargelot without taking any eco damage.

3) You have no detection to defend banshee or window mines. You didn't get any detection in any of the 3 games you post.

I honestly would work the most on 1 and 2 that I listed. If you fix this it will help you the most I feel. I seen several other things, but these I noticed every game you posted and very early in the games. Hopefully this helps some, but next time I would suggest posting games you lose in it will be more obvious and help yourself out as well.
BabelFish1
Profile Joined September 2015
186 Posts
May 29 2021 00:31 GMT
#3
On May 29 2021 01:14 -StrifeX- wrote:
I watched all 3 replays. I don't think you're really looking for help, you only posted replays of you winning. No worries though it's obvious of the mistakes, and I can probably predict the games of what happens that you just straight up die in. I will keep it simple only list 3 things.

1) You need to work on your build order a lot more. This build order isn't very solid honestly. It will work, but you will start to struggle in diamond with it.

2) You play this build order as if it's a macro build order opening, but it's actually more of an all-in chargelot build. If you're going to do a build similar to this don't get your 3rd nexus as quickly. I would just focus on unit burst instead. it will be a more powerful attack. If you don't want to all-in you need to work on transitioning out of just charge lots only off 1 gas. Basically you get to expand a lot if only you do very well with the first attack, but get crushed and can't expand if they defend your chargelot without taking any eco damage.

3) You have no detection to defend banshee or window mines. You didn't get any detection in any of the 3 games you post.

I honestly would work the most on 1 and 2 that I listed. If you fix this it will help you the most I feel. I seen several other things, but these I noticed every game you posted and very early in the games. Hopefully this helps some, but next time I would suggest posting games you lose in it will be more obvious and help yourself out as well.


Reason I post winning replays is because I don't have many where I lose, lol. Like, when I do, it's basically vs hellbats. Lots of them. And in that case, I know what I need; Disruptors.

I am diamond, no struggling happening. At all. Even vs all-ins and cheese.

It's not even close to an all-in. What kind of all-in functions on 50-100+ probes?

Like, all feedback is welcome but what on Earth are you talking about here?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27451 Posts
May 29 2021 01:36 GMT
#4
I dunno, seems sensible enough advice to me. If a build naturally transitions into a heavy timing or pressure, use the build in that way and play to its strengths, if you want a light pressure into a fast third, or fast tech then tweak this build or use another build.

By want of a comparison if someone uses a 4 gate blink build, but techs fast or takes a speedy Nexus they’re not using the build optimally, it’s geared to heavy aggression. Likewise going heavy aggro blink off a 2 gate build doesn’t make sense as that much better dovetails with a fast expo and tech.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
BabelFish1
Profile Joined September 2015
186 Posts
May 29 2021 16:45 GMT
#5
On May 29 2021 10:36 WombaT wrote:
I dunno, seems sensible enough advice to me. If a build naturally transitions into a heavy timing or pressure, use the build in that way and play to its strengths, if you want a light pressure into a fast third, or fast tech then tweak this build or use another build.

By want of a comparison if someone uses a 4 gate blink build, but techs fast or takes a speedy Nexus they’re not using the build optimally, it’s geared to heavy aggression. Likewise going heavy aggro blink off a 2 gate build doesn’t make sense as that much better dovetails with a fast expo and tech.


Why isn't 1 gate FE geared toward macro and aggression with fast charge at the expense of later robo and/or sg tech?
That's why it's not good advice, it's not like someone is saying at 2:45 try to get a forge and +1 armor - or chrono out blink after charge - or any number of other suggestions, instead it's "work on your build order" except the opener is perfectly fine and is entirely why I do so well in PvT. Might as well tell me to stop going 1 gate FE and open 2 gate instead; if I wanted to do 2 gate, I'd do 2 gate.
LHK
Profile Joined May 2015
204 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-29 21:59:12
May 29 2021 21:58 GMT
#6
Oh joys its babelfish posting his zealot spam builds again then getting upset at people who give their critique of it
-Laura
BabelFish1
Profile Joined September 2015
186 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-30 18:33:47
May 30 2021 18:32 GMT
#7
On May 30 2021 06:58 LHK wrote:
Oh joys its babelfish posting his zealot spam builds again then getting upset at people who give their critique of it


"Critique my ketchup, please!"

"Ketchup sucks, real men like mustard"

Give valid advice if you don't want very basic pushback...or don't...frankly, this community has severe issues with this kind of nonsense and I'm beyond caring, I just roll my eyes these days.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27451 Posts
May 30 2021 23:20 GMT
#8
On May 31 2021 03:32 BabelFish1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2021 06:58 LHK wrote:
Oh joys its babelfish posting his zealot spam builds again then getting upset at people who give their critique of it


"Critique my ketchup, please!"

"Ketchup sucks, real men like mustard"

Give valid advice if you don't want very basic pushback...or don't...frankly, this community has severe issues with this kind of nonsense and I'm beyond caring, I just roll my eyes these days.

How does it? You seem to want to flout it the basic conventions of feedback threads such as showing losses for others to help unpick, or taking any actual feedback in anything approaching a receptive manner.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Turbovolver
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia2451 Posts
May 31 2021 04:23 GMT
#9
On May 31 2021 03:32 BabelFish1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2021 06:58 LHK wrote:
Oh joys its babelfish posting his zealot spam builds again then getting upset at people who give their critique of it


"Critique my ketchup, please!"

"Ketchup sucks, real men like mustard"

Give valid advice if you don't want very basic pushback...or don't...frankly, this community has severe issues with this kind of nonsense and I'm beyond caring, I just roll my eyes these days.

Perhaps you could take some kind of lesson from the fact that you have earned yourself a reputation for this precise thing.

I don't really go in the SC2 forum too much and even I chuckled to myself when I read your first reply and then checked the poster name and it all clicked.

What I'm saying is, you're a joke.
The original Bogus fan.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
May 31 2021 06:41 GMT
#10
Oh, hell no. We're not dealing with this crap again...
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31213
Bisu 2708
Shuttle 1741
Hyuk 1014
Mini 825
EffOrt 808
Larva 421
Soma 259
ZerO 254
firebathero 231
[ Show more ]
hero 143
Sexy 55
PianO 46
Hyun 44
Mong 41
sorry 41
Pusan 35
Trap 34
Killer 33
ToSsGirL 29
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1077
Liquid`Hasu647
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe124
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)17
CosmosSc2 16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 42
• mYiSmile120
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 54m
INu's Battles
19h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 54m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.