• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9151 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 8800

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8798 8799 8800 8801 8802 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
September 22 2017 15:46 GMT
#175981
On September 22 2017 23:31 LegalLord wrote:
In her book, Hillary talked a bit about the way she went to small towns. She went in, generally to unfriendly crowds, barely did anything, and went away with a mindset of "they don't understand how good I am for them." That's a message that I suspect our European folk are particularly sympathetic towards but that won't, and shouldn't, get you elected.

Possibly. She thought a lukewarm presentation of an economic message, identity politics, and demonization of Trump would be enough. You have to convince the American people. You can't just ascend the throne.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
September 22 2017 15:47 GMT
#175982
Lol, I live in an area with 6million people, and it feels so overly crowded. Everytime I'm in NY, I don't know how people manage to get anything done if they live outside of NYC. The subways are a mess, and packed.

Also this link has been making it's way around the internet now.

http://ewao.com/2017/09/15/nasa-accidentally-shows-proof-of-large-scale-weather-manipulation-in-satellite-images/

What type of trash is this...
Life?
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
September 22 2017 15:50 GMT
#175983
On September 23 2017 00:31 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2017 00:24 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:07 Yurie wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:06 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:00 Gorsameth wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:58 LegalLord wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:51 Velr wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:31 LegalLord wrote:
In her book, Hillary talked a bit about the way she went to small towns. She went in, generally to unfriendly crowds, barely did anything, and went away with a mindset of "they don't understand how good I am for them." That's a message that I suspect our European folk are particularly sympathetic towards but that won't, and shouldn't, get you elected.


Why would exactly would europeans be sympathetic towards this?

The Europeans who frequent this thread, specifically.

That's an answer to who, not why.

And second the question. I would love to hear why.

Dunno. The hard-on for big cities and catastrophic demographics among our specific crop of Europeans is a head-scratcher to me. I suspect 70%+ of y'all live in megacities and think everyone should (megacity worship by its inhabitants is a worldwide phenomenon). But I don't know.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity#Largest_cities

The US has much more of them than the EU does, at least large ones. So going to them for votes would seem more reasonable in the US than here. The same divide between rural and big city life happens everywhere. Different problems, more people in cities, easier to tackle their problems in many cases due to higher tax base connected to it and so on.

I would assume a maximum of 2/10 of European posters on this site live in megacities. Personally I live in a city with below 100k population.

That assumes a fairly representative sample of Europeans in our midst, which is very likely not the case.

I suppose I use "megacity" too loosely if you want to define it as >10m. Throw in some European capitals and second/third largest cities.


Why is it very likely not the case? Like, is Oslo a megacity in your view? Birmingham? Cologne?

Dunno, never been to those. It's less a question of how big it is than a mentality. LA, SF, NY, Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev, Paris, London, Berlin, all have that mentality. Mid-size cities such as Denver and Philadelphia are borderline. Cities like Phoenix and Houston are not despite being significantly larger than previously mentioned cities. And I mention it because a lot of folk here have the same mentality I see among those who are obsessed with staying in "the center of culture and innovation" and for example would never dream of moving to Texas or Siberia or some random ass European country. I am aware I'm playing fast and loose with definitions here.

It might be that everything tends to be much closer in Europe than in the US, it might be a more leftward bend, it might be the language barrier (I've noticed that most conservatives come from English-native countries on this board), and it might be any number of things that I have not considered. But it's quite clear that among the Europeans who post on this board, people tend not to understand what people hate so strongly about Hillary. And that manner is very akin to the precise lack of understanding I see from people from NY/LA/SF and the like.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
September 22 2017 15:55 GMT
#175984
On September 23 2017 00:50 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2017 00:31 Liquid`Drone wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:24 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:07 Yurie wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:06 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:00 Gorsameth wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:58 LegalLord wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:51 Velr wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:31 LegalLord wrote:
In her book, Hillary talked a bit about the way she went to small towns. She went in, generally to unfriendly crowds, barely did anything, and went away with a mindset of "they don't understand how good I am for them." That's a message that I suspect our European folk are particularly sympathetic towards but that won't, and shouldn't, get you elected.


Why would exactly would europeans be sympathetic towards this?

The Europeans who frequent this thread, specifically.

That's an answer to who, not why.

And second the question. I would love to hear why.

Dunno. The hard-on for big cities and catastrophic demographics among our specific crop of Europeans is a head-scratcher to me. I suspect 70%+ of y'all live in megacities and think everyone should (megacity worship by its inhabitants is a worldwide phenomenon). But I don't know.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity#Largest_cities

The US has much more of them than the EU does, at least large ones. So going to them for votes would seem more reasonable in the US than here. The same divide between rural and big city life happens everywhere. Different problems, more people in cities, easier to tackle their problems in many cases due to higher tax base connected to it and so on.

I would assume a maximum of 2/10 of European posters on this site live in megacities. Personally I live in a city with below 100k population.

That assumes a fairly representative sample of Europeans in our midst, which is very likely not the case.

I suppose I use "megacity" too loosely if you want to define it as >10m. Throw in some European capitals and second/third largest cities.


Why is it very likely not the case? Like, is Oslo a megacity in your view? Birmingham? Cologne?

Dunno, never been to those. It's less a question of how big it is than a mentality. LA, SF, NY, Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev, Paris, London, Berlin, all have that mentality. Mid-size cities such as Denver and Philadelphia are borderline. Cities like Phoenix and Houston are not despite being significantly larger than previously mentioned cities. And I mention it because a lot of folk here have the same mentality I see among those who are obsessed with staying in "the center of culture and innovation" and for example would never dream of moving to Texas or Siberia or some random ass European country. I am aware I'm playing fast and loose with definitions here.

It might be that everything tends to be much closer in Europe than in the US, it might be a more leftward bend, it might be the language barrier (I've noticed that most conservatives come from English-native countries on this board), and it might be any number of things that I have not considered. But it's quite clear that among the Europeans who post on this board, people tend not to understand what people hate so strongly about Hillary. And that manner is very akin to the precise lack of understanding I see from people from NY/LA/SF and the like.


It's less that i don't understand why people dislike Hillary, she isn't my favorite politician either. What i don't understand is how people can vote for Trump over basically anyone. I'd vote for a donkey over Trump.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 16:14:46
September 22 2017 15:56 GMT
#175985
On September 23 2017 00:19 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Danglars, fake news originally meant the eastern european literally completely fabricated news stories. It wasn't a description used towards biased media. Trump and his supporters were the ones who used it in a different context from this, and Trump's supporters are the ones who seemingly don't understand this.

I'm not saying you can't come up with an example of a leftist describing fox or breitbart as fake news, but these were a very, very small minority.

That's why I mentioned its start. I also think people who fail to see how the definition was expanded and changed are a small minority. The news media that missed the election, doubled down on the reasons why, and tripled down on its legitimacy insisted "We named it. Future attempts to change it will not succeed because we are the arbiters of the English language. We are its gatekeepers."

You want the misuse to be the minority, but now left and right uses it to describe mostly false and deliberately misleading news stories. And I'm at a loss for people that didn't see it backfire in the surrounding atmosphere of a polled-untrustworthy news media and a basic understanding of how often it's used in its current definition by both parties (obviously disagreeing with which outlets are publishing fake news). I linked the CNN panel because it had both, and maybe you should rewatch it. The anchor clearly thinks her panel believes fake news (actual videos) without knowing the source, and the panel obviously thinks her network has been publishing fake news about who was at the rally and the rest. Language changes, and your belief that x is a minority is currently laughable.

Yougov did a generic "when people use fake news, do they mean the story is false or they don't like what's in the story." Majorities/pluralities said it was because someone didn't like the story, vs it is factually wrong. How it's used today is clearly a value judgement, and most people think it's generally used in a partisan manner.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10964 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 16:01:40
September 22 2017 15:59 GMT
#175986
The biggest city in Switzerland barely hits 500k... And yes, the inhabitants see it as awesome but i don't know what this has to do with anything LL brought up.
Distance wise you might also see Switzerland as 3-4 population areas (megacities?) and the Alps for leisure...


Legallord just has no friggin clue about europe.

Btw: Agree with Simberto, I understand the dislike for Hillary but Trump? Really? W T F that opioid crysis must be huuuge in the US to vote him in over anything.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
September 22 2017 16:22 GMT
#175987
On September 23 2017 00:55 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2017 00:50 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:31 Liquid`Drone wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:24 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:07 Yurie wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:06 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:00 Gorsameth wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:58 LegalLord wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:51 Velr wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:31 LegalLord wrote:
In her book, Hillary talked a bit about the way she went to small towns. She went in, generally to unfriendly crowds, barely did anything, and went away with a mindset of "they don't understand how good I am for them." That's a message that I suspect our European folk are particularly sympathetic towards but that won't, and shouldn't, get you elected.


Why would exactly would europeans be sympathetic towards this?

The Europeans who frequent this thread, specifically.

That's an answer to who, not why.

And second the question. I would love to hear why.

Dunno. The hard-on for big cities and catastrophic demographics among our specific crop of Europeans is a head-scratcher to me. I suspect 70%+ of y'all live in megacities and think everyone should (megacity worship by its inhabitants is a worldwide phenomenon). But I don't know.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity#Largest_cities

The US has much more of them than the EU does, at least large ones. So going to them for votes would seem more reasonable in the US than here. The same divide between rural and big city life happens everywhere. Different problems, more people in cities, easier to tackle their problems in many cases due to higher tax base connected to it and so on.

I would assume a maximum of 2/10 of European posters on this site live in megacities. Personally I live in a city with below 100k population.

That assumes a fairly representative sample of Europeans in our midst, which is very likely not the case.

I suppose I use "megacity" too loosely if you want to define it as >10m. Throw in some European capitals and second/third largest cities.


Why is it very likely not the case? Like, is Oslo a megacity in your view? Birmingham? Cologne?

Dunno, never been to those. It's less a question of how big it is than a mentality. LA, SF, NY, Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev, Paris, London, Berlin, all have that mentality. Mid-size cities such as Denver and Philadelphia are borderline. Cities like Phoenix and Houston are not despite being significantly larger than previously mentioned cities. And I mention it because a lot of folk here have the same mentality I see among those who are obsessed with staying in "the center of culture and innovation" and for example would never dream of moving to Texas or Siberia or some random ass European country. I am aware I'm playing fast and loose with definitions here.

It might be that everything tends to be much closer in Europe than in the US, it might be a more leftward bend, it might be the language barrier (I've noticed that most conservatives come from English-native countries on this board), and it might be any number of things that I have not considered. But it's quite clear that among the Europeans who post on this board, people tend not to understand what people hate so strongly about Hillary. And that manner is very akin to the precise lack of understanding I see from people from NY/LA/SF and the like.


It's less that i don't understand why people dislike Hillary, she isn't my favorite politician either. What i don't understand is how people can vote for Trump over basically anyone. I'd vote for a donkey over Trump.

I suppose I could understand that, even if I myself could easily understand why people would vote Trump. I guess an issue is that a lot of the things that make Trump completely and utterly taboo in Europe are not as taboo in the US - for good and bad reasons alike.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10964 Posts
September 22 2017 16:29 GMT
#175988
These things are? Please enlighten us some more about europeans, their feelings and ideally where they life.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 16:33:19
September 22 2017 16:31 GMT
#175989
On September 23 2017 00:59 Velr wrote:
The biggest city in Switzerland barely hits 500k... And yes, the inhabitants see it as awesome but i don't know what this has to do with anything LL brought up.
Distance wise you might also see Switzerland as 3-4 population areas (megacities?) and the Alps for leisure...


Legallord just has no friggin clue about europe.

Btw: Agree with Simberto, I understand the dislike for Hillary but Trump? Really? W T F that opioid crysis must be huuuge in the US to vote him in over anything.


Opioids are currently the leading cause of death in under 45-year olds. It's huge.

EDIT: The middle part of your post hit the nail on the head.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
September 22 2017 16:45 GMT
#175990
On September 23 2017 01:22 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2017 00:55 Simberto wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:50 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:31 Liquid`Drone wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:24 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:07 Yurie wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:06 LegalLord wrote:
On September 23 2017 00:00 Gorsameth wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:58 LegalLord wrote:
On September 22 2017 23:51 Velr wrote:
[quote]

Why would exactly would europeans be sympathetic towards this?

The Europeans who frequent this thread, specifically.

That's an answer to who, not why.

And second the question. I would love to hear why.

Dunno. The hard-on for big cities and catastrophic demographics among our specific crop of Europeans is a head-scratcher to me. I suspect 70%+ of y'all live in megacities and think everyone should (megacity worship by its inhabitants is a worldwide phenomenon). But I don't know.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity#Largest_cities

The US has much more of them than the EU does, at least large ones. So going to them for votes would seem more reasonable in the US than here. The same divide between rural and big city life happens everywhere. Different problems, more people in cities, easier to tackle their problems in many cases due to higher tax base connected to it and so on.

I would assume a maximum of 2/10 of European posters on this site live in megacities. Personally I live in a city with below 100k population.

That assumes a fairly representative sample of Europeans in our midst, which is very likely not the case.

I suppose I use "megacity" too loosely if you want to define it as >10m. Throw in some European capitals and second/third largest cities.


Why is it very likely not the case? Like, is Oslo a megacity in your view? Birmingham? Cologne?

Dunno, never been to those. It's less a question of how big it is than a mentality. LA, SF, NY, Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev, Paris, London, Berlin, all have that mentality. Mid-size cities such as Denver and Philadelphia are borderline. Cities like Phoenix and Houston are not despite being significantly larger than previously mentioned cities. And I mention it because a lot of folk here have the same mentality I see among those who are obsessed with staying in "the center of culture and innovation" and for example would never dream of moving to Texas or Siberia or some random ass European country. I am aware I'm playing fast and loose with definitions here.

It might be that everything tends to be much closer in Europe than in the US, it might be a more leftward bend, it might be the language barrier (I've noticed that most conservatives come from English-native countries on this board), and it might be any number of things that I have not considered. But it's quite clear that among the Europeans who post on this board, people tend not to understand what people hate so strongly about Hillary. And that manner is very akin to the precise lack of understanding I see from people from NY/LA/SF and the like.


It's less that i don't understand why people dislike Hillary, she isn't my favorite politician either. What i don't understand is how people can vote for Trump over basically anyone. I'd vote for a donkey over Trump.

I suppose I could understand that, even if I myself could easily understand why people would vote Trump. I guess an issue is that a lot of the things that make Trump completely and utterly taboo in Europe are not as taboo in the US - for good and bad reasons alike.

Pretty self evident given the variety of reasons cited when given a 'Trump did X, which should've immediately caused every voter to immediately vote for the other one." It is easily confirmed in polls about his favorabilities--people that voted grudgingly voted because they didn't like him. That and turnout ... if it was huge taboo like apparently, from this thread, Europeans presume applies internationally, more should've shown up to actually oppose.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10964 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 16:53:10
September 22 2017 16:49 GMT
#175991
Imho its more that facebook/google/whatever and fucking twitter(! Wtf, you were the guys that didnt use sms) aren't really seen as places to get news from in europe. Aside from the left/right conspiracy guys because our newschannels/magazins aren't yet that advertisement driven so we still see the diffrence (atm, its changing fast)
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 17:12:05
September 22 2017 17:11 GMT
#175992
to be fair, I don't think anyone actually reads Trumps tweets aside from 3 groups of people:
a) his cult
b) his anti-cult
c) reporters reporting on tweets

So you have people that really hate him and people who really love him that read his tweets as well as reporters who need to sell a story. The 95% of the "normal" population probably doesn't use it for news like you said or just isn't invested enough in politics to begin with. So I'd personally assume it's the same over there.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 17:14:02
September 22 2017 17:12 GMT
#175993
On September 23 2017 01:49 Velr wrote:
Imho its more that facebook/google/whatever and fucking twitter(! Wtf, you were the guys that didnt use sms) aren't really seen as places to get news from in europe. Aside from the left/right conspiracy guys because our newschannels/magazins aren't yet that advertisement driven so we still see the diffrence (atm, its changing fast)


I'm odd regarding politics, even by European measures. I tend to read the party programs ~2weeks before election or take one of the tests that measure you against their stated programs and then check the parties that were closest. I don't even know who the current party leader/speaker for them is in most cases.

I think that the actual program being more important is the biggest different. The leaders and their presentation of them matter for most people but it hasn't really devolved into slogans. Having multiple parties, even if they form blocks, allows for multiple strong personalities to show at once and then their messages start mattering more.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
September 22 2017 17:13 GMT
#175994
I used to read Trump's tweets for the laughs but he eventually got stale.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
September 22 2017 17:14 GMT
#175995
On September 23 2017 01:49 Velr wrote:
Imho its more that facebook/google/whatever and fucking twitter(! Wtf, you were the guys that didnt use sms) aren't really seen as places to get news from in europe. Aside from the left/right conspiracy guys because our newschannels/magazins aren't yet that advertisement driven so we still see the diffrence (atm, its changing fast)

Well you folks regulate your media like rational nations. Entire networks are not created to run 24/7 propaganda for one political party. We let political coverage be turned into pro-wrestling for profit.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
September 22 2017 17:57 GMT
#175996
On September 23 2017 02:14 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2017 01:49 Velr wrote:
Imho its more that facebook/google/whatever and fucking twitter(! Wtf, you were the guys that didnt use sms) aren't really seen as places to get news from in europe. Aside from the left/right conspiracy guys because our newschannels/magazins aren't yet that advertisement driven so we still see the diffrence (atm, its changing fast)

Well you folks regulate your media like rational nations. Entire networks are not created to run 24/7 propaganda for one political party. We let political coverage be turned into pro-wrestling for profit.

I'm not sure it's a regulation thing. I mean, UK has a lot stricter defamation laws which probably has an effect, but I don't think that applies for most of the EU.

But I think it was mentioned at some point that the US watches a shitload more TV than any other country.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-22 17:58:38
September 22 2017 17:58 GMT
#175997
McCain says he'll vote no on the Graham-Cassidy shitbill
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IyMoon
Profile Joined April 2016
United States1249 Posts
September 22 2017 18:00 GMT
#175998
On September 23 2017 02:58 farvacola wrote:
McCain says he'll vote no on the Graham-Cassidy shitbill


That means it is dead, there is no way someone else does not jump ship
Something witty
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 22 2017 18:08 GMT
#175999
graham must be like "john y u betray me"
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6565 Posts
September 22 2017 18:09 GMT
#176000
Rand Paul has been slamming it everywhere and he's obviously not going to reverse himself.

"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Prev 1 8798 8799 8800 8801 8802 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 762
Soulkey 313
Larva 261
Soma 186
Zeus 181
Mini 133
Horang2 92
Mind 71
ZerO 65
Sexy 65
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 26
soO 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Other Games
gofns22950
singsing1721
Coldzera 707
Pyrionflax95
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV228
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos2350
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
39m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.