• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7364 users

WTF are people hating on? - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 25 26 27 Next All
419fish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States35 Posts
May 24 2012 06:13 GMT
#21
I hope Sean is a millionaire. why is making money a bad thing if he is making lots of money its because he has added value to our lives. wealth is created not taken so Day 9 making lots of money at tournaments does not take away money from the players. if players are undervalued it's because we are greedy and don't want to pay for the great services they provided.
KobyKat
Profile Joined August 2011
United States111 Posts
May 24 2012 06:15 GMT
#22
I just want to throw this idea out there. When you become as famous as Day[9] has become you have people that overexaggerate and do these sorts of things for whatever reason. An example of this is how that one girl said Justin Bieber got her pregnant and it was later found out that he clearly was not the father. Just an idea, but this could be a situation like that.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 24 2012 06:15 GMT
#23
I had the opportunity to meet day9 at the King of Palantir Tournament where he was casting with Spanishiwa, and off the camera, he was a great guy. He grabbed some beers with the rest of the crew and we relaxed and made small talk. He tried to learn everyone's names even though it was clear that there was no way he'd be able to learn it all, and he was generally just a nice fellow... I don't know what his interactions with other people was, but I've never see him be anything but courteous and kind.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Fyrewolf
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1533 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 06:34:51
May 24 2012 06:17 GMT
#24
On May 24 2012 15:04 Plexa wrote:
From cadred interviewing 2gd:
Show nested quote +
Do you truly (truly) dislike Day[9] or are you just upset that he ignored you at DreamHack?

It’s absolute e-sports career suicide to come out and say anything bad about him. He has become the ambassador for SC2, has become a bankable broadcaster and has made himself a tidy sum of money because he was in the right place, in the right time, doing the right thing. Now I’ve only met him once and on that occasion he put his hand in my face and told me he wouldn’t talk to me. I’m not a fan, I don’t drool over what he does, I think if he did it in any other industry other than e-sports he’d be deemed fairly average. I wasn’t trying to get an autograph. It was a hello from one member of the press to the other. This qualifies as the single rudest person I've met in e-sports... I mean, talk to the hand? What the fuck?

Now, when I go to events I’m approached just the same by all sorts of people. People who want to be unbanned, people who want my opinion about their shitty little mix team, fellow writers who want me to have a look at their stuff, gamers who have heard rumours about me, people who want to tell me to my face why I’m wrong and people who are threatening to hit me. Even with that last option I’ll talk civilly and I’d be astounded, genuinely, if you could find many people out there who could say I’ve been rude to them. Even people I have cross words with usually end up on a night out with me as way of an apology. E-sports is a small, small place. There’s no status and no celebrity. We’re just guys.

Many people approached me after that rudeness to make apologies for him. Then I asked around and found out it wasn’t an isolated incident, that at events where he’d worked he’d been behaving like a prima donna, that he’d been extremely rude to people who were paying him to work for them. No-one wants to believe it because of how he comes across in his little Youtube videos but it’s obvious based on what I’ve heard that he’s a phony, as fake as those crocodile tears he likes to sporadically burst into whenever he feels he needs to prove just what a nice caring guy he is.

I doubt he’ll lose any sleep about anyone criticising him because he’s in an unassailable position. Still, I can’t abide people who think they’re some kind of rock star because they are a big deal in e-sports. Frankly, it’s embarrassing.

http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/164576/

And of course reddit jumped on this immediately. I'll monitor this thread and if it turns south, itll be sent to the closed forum.


Really? Based on one meeting and a bunch of hearsay he forms an opinion that he is the "rudest person in esports" and a "prima donna"?

I don't know who this Richard Lewis is but if that's the way he goes about things I'd never listen to his opinion on anything.
"This is not Warcraft in space" "It's much more...... Sophisticated" "I KNOW IT'S NOT 3D!!!"
coolcor
Profile Joined February 2011
520 Posts
May 24 2012 06:18 GMT
#25
On May 24 2012 15:13 419fish wrote:
I hope Sean is a millionaire. why is making money a bad thing if he is making lots of money its because he has added value to our lives. wealth is created not taken so Day 9 making lots of money at tournaments does not take away money from the players. if players are undervalued it's because we are greedy and don't want to pay for the great services they provided.


So you would be fine if all millionaires started asking for personal donations to their for profit buisnesses to achieve a vague goal because the costs are to high no matter how profitable that business actually is? Or is it just day9 who can do that because he is funny.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
May 24 2012 06:18 GMT
#26
While I think that Day9's success has wildly exceeded what his shows/commentary/persona are really worth (you could say that he indeed was in the right place at the right time), especially lately, I wouldn't say there is much hate on him. More like hate on the most fanatic of his fanboys maybe?
Absurdly
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada59 Posts
May 24 2012 06:19 GMT
#27
This seems like an enormous over reaction. I'm not sure what the purpose of the OP was really. Is Day9 in some sort of depression about it and needs your help to get over it? Just relax, nothing is going to happen because of a few people being jealous of him.
drooL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2108 Posts
May 24 2012 06:19 GMT
#28
On May 24 2012 15:04 Plexa wrote:
From cadred interviewing 2gd:
Show nested quote +
Do you truly (truly) dislike Day[9] or are you just upset that he ignored you at DreamHack?

It’s absolute e-sports career suicide to come out and say anything bad about him. He has become the ambassador for SC2, has become a bankable broadcaster and has made himself a tidy sum of money because he was in the right place, in the right time, doing the right thing. Now I’ve only met him once and on that occasion he put his hand in my face and told me he wouldn’t talk to me. I’m not a fan, I don’t drool over what he does, I think if he did it in any other industry other than e-sports he’d be deemed fairly average. I wasn’t trying to get an autograph. It was a hello from one member of the press to the other. This qualifies as the single rudest person I've met in e-sports... I mean, talk to the hand? What the fuck?

Now, when I go to events I’m approached just the same by all sorts of people. People who want to be unbanned, people who want my opinion about their shitty little mix team, fellow writers who want me to have a look at their stuff, gamers who have heard rumours about me, people who want to tell me to my face why I’m wrong and people who are threatening to hit me. Even with that last option I’ll talk civilly and I’d be astounded, genuinely, if you could find many people out there who could say I’ve been rude to them. Even people I have cross words with usually end up on a night out with me as way of an apology. E-sports is a small, small place. There’s no status and no celebrity. We’re just guys.

Many people approached me after that rudeness to make apologies for him. Then I asked around and found out it wasn’t an isolated incident, that at events where he’d worked he’d been behaving like a prima donna, that he’d been extremely rude to people who were paying him to work for them. No-one wants to believe it because of how he comes across in his little Youtube videos but it’s obvious based on what I’ve heard that he’s a phony, as fake as those crocodile tears he likes to sporadically burst into whenever he feels he needs to prove just what a nice caring guy he is.

I doubt he’ll lose any sleep about anyone criticising him because he’s in an unassailable position. Still, I can’t abide people who think they’re some kind of rock star because they are a big deal in e-sports. Frankly, it’s embarrassing.

http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/164576/

And of course reddit jumped on this immediately. I'll monitor this thread and if it turns south, itll be sent to the closed forum.


...what? This is not a 2gd interview, you're mixing something up, I'm pretty sure.
@nowSimon
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 06:20:54
May 24 2012 06:20 GMT
#29
On May 24 2012 15:18 coolcor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 15:13 419fish wrote:
I hope Sean is a millionaire. why is making money a bad thing if he is making lots of money its because he has added value to our lives. wealth is created not taken so Day 9 making lots of money at tournaments does not take away money from the players. if players are undervalued it's because we are greedy and don't want to pay for the great services they provided.


So you would be fine if all millionaires started asking for personal donations to their for profit buisnesses to achieve a vague goal because the costs are to high no matter how profitable that business actually is? Or is it just day9 who can do that because he is funny.


If I liked the millionaire personally, what he was doing and his content, sure I'd donate.
I don't understand, does somehow him having XYZ amount of money deter my interest in contributing to his cause?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 06:21:28
May 24 2012 06:21 GMT
#30
On May 24 2012 15:10 Bojex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 14:59 Mr Showtime wrote:
Making your own thread with this type of content is not a productive approach to the issue.

As someone who is new to the community what would you say is a a productive approach? I agree with the points the OP has said and in my limited experience would say that the hate in this community is certainly not an isolated incident with Day 9, i.e. JP with the SOTG/MLG episode, Destinty, Orb and many others.


The way I see, there is no sort of community discussion that need take place here. Everyone has an opinion of everyone. Blowing up small issues like this only makes it worse. There's a reason why Plexa left the disclaimer that this thread will close if it goes south, which is quite likely with this type of thing.

I'm not against discussions of issues. That's what the community is for. I'm against giving this small topic its own thread. It's unnecessary attention.
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
May 24 2012 06:21 GMT
#31
You're giving this dumb drama way too much attention.
Everyday Girl's Day~!
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 06:25:19
May 24 2012 06:22 GMT
#32
Had no idea Day9 was getting hate, and people shouldn't draw too many conclusions from meeting people once. If you met him in a tournament where he had to cast a few days straight with jetlag and not much sleep I wouldn't call it shocking if he wasn't his usual self but rather on a bad mood.

Now of course I don't know any better than anyone else here but lets keep the pitchforks sheated for now.

Also checked the cadred link and that indeed doesn't look like 2gd wtf, I'm confused.
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
May 24 2012 06:22 GMT
#33
? people are hating on day9?
this is literally the first time I've ever seen that.
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
May 24 2012 06:24 GMT
#34
On May 24 2012 15:20 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 15:18 coolcor wrote:
On May 24 2012 15:13 419fish wrote:
I hope Sean is a millionaire. why is making money a bad thing if he is making lots of money its because he has added value to our lives. wealth is created not taken so Day 9 making lots of money at tournaments does not take away money from the players. if players are undervalued it's because we are greedy and don't want to pay for the great services they provided.


So you would be fine if all millionaires started asking for personal donations to their for profit buisnesses to achieve a vague goal because the costs are to high no matter how profitable that business actually is? Or is it just day9 who can do that because he is funny.


If I liked the millionaire personally, what he was doing and his content, sure I'd donate.
I don't understand, does somehow him having XYZ amount of money deter my interest in contributing to his cause?


Because he has tons of money and doesn't need yours?

Should probably focus more on your own success, reaching your own goals, instead of giving what little you have to someone who's already extremely successful. Giving him money is making a point, sure, but so is watching his stream or saying nice things about him; money is a greasy way to give a shit, and totally unnecessary in the case of day9.
slicknav
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
May 24 2012 06:24 GMT
#35
It seems that people are aching for drama, since there hasn't really been that much of it lately. Day9 is still one of the most popular casters, his daily gets a decent amount of views, and overall people generally like him. One person claims to have a bad "experience" with him and a shit like this happens.
blah blah blah...
IMNasty
Profile Joined February 2012
663 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 06:26:23
May 24 2012 06:25 GMT
#36
On May 24 2012 15:04 Plexa wrote:
From cadred interviewing 2gd:
Show nested quote +
Do you truly (truly) dislike Day[9] or are you just upset that he ignored you at DreamHack?

It’s absolute e-sports career suicide to come out and say anything bad about him. He has become the ambassador for SC2, has become a bankable broadcaster and has made himself a tidy sum of money because he was in the right place, in the right time, doing the right thing. Now I’ve only met him once and on that occasion he put his hand in my face and told me he wouldn’t talk to me. I’m not a fan, I don’t drool over what he does, I think if he did it in any other industry other than e-sports he’d be deemed fairly average. I wasn’t trying to get an autograph. It was a hello from one member of the press to the other. This qualifies as the single rudest person I've met in e-sports... I mean, talk to the hand? What the fuck?

Now, when I go to events I’m approached just the same by all sorts of people. People who want to be unbanned, people who want my opinion about their shitty little mix team, fellow writers who want me to have a look at their stuff, gamers who have heard rumours about me, people who want to tell me to my face why I’m wrong and people who are threatening to hit me. Even with that last option I’ll talk civilly and I’d be astounded, genuinely, if you could find many people out there who could say I’ve been rude to them. Even people I have cross words with usually end up on a night out with me as way of an apology. E-sports is a small, small place. There’s no status and no celebrity. We’re just guys.

Many people approached me after that rudeness to make apologies for him. Then I asked around and found out it wasn’t an isolated incident, that at events where he’d worked he’d been behaving like a prima donna, that he’d been extremely rude to people who were paying him to work for them. No-one wants to believe it because of how he comes across in his little Youtube videos but it’s obvious based on what I’ve heard that he’s a phony, as fake as those crocodile tears he likes to sporadically burst into whenever he feels he needs to prove just what a nice caring guy he is.

I doubt he’ll lose any sleep about anyone criticising him because he’s in an unassailable position. Still, I can’t abide people who think they’re some kind of rock star because they are a big deal in e-sports. Frankly, it’s embarrassing.

http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/164576/

And of course reddit jumped on this immediately. I'll monitor this thread and if it turns south, itll be sent to the closed forum.


that's not 2GD, that's the editor richard lewis. 2GD was something totally different: http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio/b/319039733?t=2h1m15s

and here's idra:



starts at 47:15

so basically 3 different figures from totally unrelated areas of esports on day9
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
May 24 2012 06:25 GMT
#37
Saying Day[9] is at the right place at the right time is just absurd. He's in the BW scene for a very long time, doing Daily on BW even before SC2 was in the beta because of his love of SC. Sure, SC2 becomes popular and he's profit a lot from it but that's partly because him help growing up the scene too. He distinguishes himself well, have skill to communicate so he becomes popular. If that's wrong, I don't know what to say anymore.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Man with a Plan
Profile Joined January 2012
United States401 Posts
May 24 2012 06:25 GMT
#38
On May 24 2012 14:59 Malstriks wrote:
i didn't even know there was any hate towards day9...

I think who have the whole thing wrong
Yo!
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 06:28:47
May 24 2012 06:26 GMT
#39
Hmm, a controversial statement, indeed.

I'm open to everything - after all, orb seems nice as a caster, but his ladder rage can be also apparent. That said, I'm still skeptical regarding the Day9 bashing.

1: If this is true, why haven't random people hated on Day9 before? Or reported their personal incidents of Day9 abuse? People were all too eager to report that Xeris stole some fan's chairs - why has there been literally zero other statement of an encounter with Day9? Now, 2GD's statement says that it's almost culturally taboo to hate on Day9 - but let's be real. This is the internet. People are anonymous, and people are random people in the community with no stake to lose - so why haven't they chimed in?

2: There are frequent reports of the opposite behavior. Blazinghand's post above corroborates this. I also recall posts from NASL where people mentioned Day9 behaving with the utmost friendliness in person at the grand final. It's not like Day9 is bribing these people to make these posts (and if you believe this, then you're pretty far off the crazy conspiracy border over there).

3: RE: Idra's statement on Day9. If anything, that contradicts 2GD's statement (Idra directly says that Sean is a great guy, his concern is simply financial). I mean, in my opinion I think 2GD's just jumping to assumptions and taking things out of context (after all, from his interview it looks like that one encounter is literally the only interaction he's had with Day9, and we don't have anyone here to corroborate or clarify the events that happened there). I mean, from his show and appearances at a couple events, 2GD seems chill, but he doesn't seem the person to be exactly serious and rigorous about his reports, he seems more of a joker (in a good way).
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
PiGStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1004 Posts
May 24 2012 06:28 GMT
#40
The reason this thread isn't helpful is because it's taking something that was said on reddit seriously and personally.
Progamerwww.twitch.tv/x5_pig | pigrandom88@gmail.com | @x5_PiG | www.facebook.com/pigSC2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 25 26 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft404
ByuN 275
RuFF_SC2 159
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2326
GuemChi 1284
MaD[AoV]175
Sharp 154
910 65
Bale 21
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever385
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 592
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1049
Other Games
summit1g8730
JimRising 600
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick818
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• EnkiAlexander 66
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo554
Other Games
• Shiphtur509
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 14m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.