• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:59
CEST 20:59
KST 03:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9349 users

Patch 1.4 PTR Notes (updated 9/8) - Page 448

Forum Index > Closed
9040 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 446 447 448 449 450 453 Next
Since this whole topic degenerated into the usual balance flamefest where every topic ends up if unmoderated it's time for it to clean up. Locking this down for a while. Any posts made after my post [page 233] not addressing the changes in this patch directly and containting flames or general balance whine will get banned for at least a week. ~Nyovne

There is way too much flaming in this thread right now. Calm down before you post! (Page 271) ~iamke55
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
September 19 2011 00:24 GMT
#8941
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 19 2011 00:27 GMT
#8942
On September 19 2011 09:00 Reithan wrote:
When did that change? Because I am 100%+ certain it used it.

Stop trolling
it never has
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Philip2110
Profile Joined April 2010
Scotland798 Posts
September 19 2011 00:32 GMT
#8943
Ghost academy is 50 gas wow? Not sure why i had it in my mind that it was 150/150 lol
Master Sc2 - Diamond LoL - Eu W
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
September 19 2011 00:32 GMT
#8944
On September 19 2011 09:24 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.


If terran is going bio, he isn't tech switching, the tech switch from anything terran to ghosts is never as scary as a switch to colossus from zealot archon, or broodlord infestor from muta ling bane.

The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.
Lose its good, after will be win.
Huntz
Profile Joined July 2011
164 Posts
September 19 2011 00:34 GMT
#8945
because without ghosts you die


This just isn't true.
Resistentialism
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada688 Posts
September 19 2011 00:35 GMT
#8946
On September 19 2011 09:32 Jesushooves wrote:
The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.


So why isn't the robo 50 gas then
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
September 19 2011 00:39 GMT
#8947
On September 19 2011 09:34 Huntz wrote:
Show nested quote +
because without ghosts you die


This just isn't true.

What counters high templar immortal then?
Lose its good, after will be win.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
September 19 2011 00:42 GMT
#8948
On September 19 2011 09:39 Jesushooves wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:34 Huntz wrote:
because without ghosts you die


This just isn't true.

What counters high templar immortal then?

Well controlled marines, banshees.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
September 19 2011 00:44 GMT
#8949
On September 19 2011 09:42 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:39 Jesushooves wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:34 Huntz wrote:
because without ghosts you die


This just isn't true.

What counters high templar immortal then?

Well controlled marines, banshees.

but....he has high templar...storm and feedback? Not like he makes no stalkers either..
Lose its good, after will be win.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
September 19 2011 00:45 GMT
#8950
On September 19 2011 09:44 Jesushooves wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:42 Daralii wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:39 Jesushooves wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:34 Huntz wrote:
because without ghosts you die


This just isn't true.

What counters high templar immortal then?

Well controlled marines, banshees.

but....he has high templar...storm and feedback? Not like he makes no stalkers either..

Storm can be dodged, and feedback won't kill anything unless it's been sitting idle for a while.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Resistentialism
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada688 Posts
September 19 2011 00:48 GMT
#8951
HT immortal would be speed 1.88 supporting speed 2.25. You could probably just use mass bio and stay mobile. Drain a couple medivacs by stimming and send them in front of a huge drop or something.
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 00:55:14
September 19 2011 00:54 GMT
#8952
On September 19 2011 09:39 Jesushooves wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:34 Huntz wrote:
because without ghosts you die


This just isn't true.

What counters high templar immortal then?


I feel like the more important question is: why do you feel you need the counter to T3 and mass T2 to cost 50 gas to tech to?
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
September 19 2011 00:55 GMT
#8953
On September 19 2011 09:32 Jesushooves wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:24 Plansix wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.


If terran is going bio, he isn't tech switching, the tech switch from anything terran to ghosts is never as scary as a switch to colossus from zealot archon, or broodlord infestor from muta ling bane.

The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.


I have a hard time accepting that part of the statement. Ghosts have EMP, which does massive damage to every protoss unit, and drains mana. The lowest amount of damage an EMP can do is 60 shields. If the protoss or zerg had a spell that did 60 damage instantly to anything at range 10, it would be totally broker and never would have made it past beta. It also allows the terran have mobile detection, beyond the scan.

And arguing it should be cheap so the terran does not have to plan ahead is poor at best.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 01:02:13
September 19 2011 00:58 GMT
#8954
On September 19 2011 09:32 Jesushooves wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:24 Plansix wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.


If terran is going bio, he isn't tech switching, the tech switch from anything terran to ghosts is never as scary as a switch to colossus from zealot archon, or broodlord infestor from muta ling bane.

The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.


"ghosts aren't game changing"
what? they are one of the most game changing units in the game...

150/50 can't even be called "tech switch".
lol it's like, I didn't make one stalker (125/50) so I can tech switch to templars....

the fact that many people here didn't even suspected/believed that the ghost academy is only 50 gas just show how this cost is disgustingly low
badog
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
September 19 2011 01:02 GMT
#8955
On September 19 2011 09:58 rpgalon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:32 Jesushooves wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:24 Plansix wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.


If terran is going bio, he isn't tech switching, the tech switch from anything terran to ghosts is never as scary as a switch to colossus from zealot archon, or broodlord infestor from muta ling bane.

The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.


"ghosts aren't game changing"
what? they are one of the most game changing units in the game...

150/50 can't even be called "tech switch".
lol it's like, I didn't make one stalker so I can tech switch to templars....

just the fact that many people here didn't even suspected/believed that the ghost academy is only 50 gas just show how this cost is disgustingly low

I'm surprised more people don't wall their lategame expansions with ghost academies, personally. It's 150/50 for a building with 1250 health.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Reithan
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States360 Posts
September 19 2011 01:03 GMT
#8956
On September 19 2011 10:02 Daralii wrote:
I'm surprised more people don't wall their lategame expansions with ghost academies, personally. It's 150/50 for a building with 1250 health.

Not to mention being able to stockpile nukes when you hit 200/200
http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/Xanthus730 ***** http://www.twitch.tv/reithan
itsjuspeter
Profile Joined November 2010
United States668 Posts
September 19 2011 01:06 GMT
#8957
On September 19 2011 09:58 rpgalon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:32 Jesushooves wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:24 Plansix wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.


If terran is going bio, he isn't tech switching, the tech switch from anything terran to ghosts is never as scary as a switch to colossus from zealot archon, or broodlord infestor from muta ling bane.

The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.


"ghosts aren't game changing"
what? they are one of the most game changing units in the game...

150/50 can't even be called "tech switch".
lol it's like, I didn't make one stalker (125/50) so I can tech switch to templars....

the fact that many people here didn't even suspected/believed that the ghost academy is only 50 gas just show how this cost is disgustingly low


I'm surprised some people didn't even know the GA is only 50 gas... it truly is disgusting.
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 01:11:14
September 19 2011 01:07 GMT
#8958
On September 19 2011 10:06 itsjuspeter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:58 rpgalon wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:32 Jesushooves wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:24 Plansix wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.


If terran is going bio, he isn't tech switching, the tech switch from anything terran to ghosts is never as scary as a switch to colossus from zealot archon, or broodlord infestor from muta ling bane.

The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.


"ghosts aren't game changing"
what? they are one of the most game changing units in the game...

150/50 can't even be called "tech switch".
lol it's like, I didn't make one stalker (125/50) so I can tech switch to templars....

the fact that many people here didn't even suspected/believed that the ghost academy is only 50 gas just show how this cost is disgustingly low


I'm surprised some people didn't even know the GA is only 50 gas... it truly is disgusting.


the only thing I can think of that can try to justify the amazing low cost is because maybe blizzard want mass nukes.

but 50 gas for EMP is bullshit, it needs to be a 200/200 research.
badog
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
September 19 2011 01:18 GMT
#8959
On September 19 2011 10:07 rpgalon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 10:06 itsjuspeter wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:58 rpgalon wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:32 Jesushooves wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:24 Plansix wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:01 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:50 urashimakt wrote:
On September 19 2011 08:40 fant0m wrote:
On September 19 2011 07:57 Plansix wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Feedback is the most effective counter to the Ghost, considering they have health close a marauder and take bonus damage from nothing. High Templar being a slow as a Thor is silly. You have to invest 350 gas to have the option to build a high templar. Ghost require an investment of 50 gas.


100 gas*

50 gas*.

The Ghost Academy costs 150 minerals and 50 gas, which is what he was getting at.

Ghost Academy in the Liquipedia


Ah you're right, I didn't read his post carefully enough. Though if you aren't even counting the cost of a tech lab, I don't know why you would count warp gates (I assume that's where he's getting the last 50 gas from, since twilight council+templar archives is 300 gas from what I'm looking at).

And tbh I didn't realize the ghost academy was only 50 gas. That's kind of absurd....


My bad, I thought it was 350 for some reason, I might have been adding warpgate.

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Ghost Academy. There is no reason for that building to cost a little as it does. Think about it, to tech switch to ghosts costs 150 gas for your first EMP.

And the reason I don't count tech labs is if the terran is going bio, he is going to have them. Every protoss gets warpgate and sentries. The point of the matter is what you need to cut to get the higher tech unit. For templar without storm, its 300 gas. For Ghost with EMP, its 50 gas.

The Ghost is like this weird forgotten corner of the game from the beta. Like back when reactors built nearly instantly and warpgate had a 40 second research time.


If terran is going bio, he isn't tech switching, the tech switch from anything terran to ghosts is never as scary as a switch to colossus from zealot archon, or broodlord infestor from muta ling bane.

The reason the tech for ghosts is so cheap is because they aren't game changing unless protoss goes mass immortal or mass high templar, or both, because without ghosts you die.


"ghosts aren't game changing"
what? they are one of the most game changing units in the game...

150/50 can't even be called "tech switch".
lol it's like, I didn't make one stalker (125/50) so I can tech switch to templars....

the fact that many people here didn't even suspected/believed that the ghost academy is only 50 gas just show how this cost is disgustingly low


I'm surprised some people didn't even know the GA is only 50 gas... it truly is disgusting.


the only thing I can think of that can try to justify the amazing low cost is because maybe blizzard want mass nukes.

but 50 gas for EMP is bullshit, it needs to be a 200/200 research.


And its not like the Ghost does bad DPS either. They do 10 damage + 10 to light at 6 range, with the same rate of fire as the marauder. Basically its is a marauder, but with the damage bonus to light, and never takes extra damage from anything. And they are 2 supply, because we can't have the terran getting supply blocked.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
September 19 2011 01:21 GMT
#8960
On September 19 2011 09:42 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 09:39 Jesushooves wrote:
On September 19 2011 09:34 Huntz wrote:
because without ghosts you die


This just isn't true.

What counters high templar immortal then?

Well controlled marines, banshees.


and/or ghosts work too...
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Prev 1 446 447 448 449 450 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason212
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14298
Mini 239
BeSt 221
Dewaltoss 156
Mind 88
Hyun 39
Bale 24
NaDa 20
ZZZero.O 2
Artosis 0
Dota 2
qojqva2801
420jenkins485
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5591
Khaldor1422
Liquid`Hasu1104
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g3632
FrodaN1993
B2W.Neo814
byalli423
ToD130
QueenE69
Railgan49
Mew2King46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1186
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3863
Other Games
• imaqtpie685
• Shiphtur246
• WagamamaTV241
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1m
BSL Open Qualifier
1m
Replay Cast
4h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 1m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.