• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:58
CEST 01:58
KST 08:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8961 users

Patch 1.4 PTR Notes (updated 9/8) - Page 282

Forum Index > Closed
9040 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 280 281 282 283 284 453 Next
Since this whole topic degenerated into the usual balance flamefest where every topic ends up if unmoderated it's time for it to clean up. Locking this down for a while. Any posts made after my post [page 233] not addressing the changes in this patch directly and containting flames or general balance whine will get banned for at least a week. ~Nyovne

There is way too much flaming in this thread right now. Calm down before you post! (Page 271) ~iamke55
arto
Profile Joined April 2010
United States59 Posts
September 09 2011 06:57 GMT
#5621
On September 09 2011 15:39 gruff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 15:34 TheSilverfox wrote:
As I Protoss I cannot deny that I like the NP change but to be fair I would rather see that the change only was on Massive air units.

That way Carriers, Battlecruisers, Mothership and Brood Lords could not be NP. The spell would still be good against Thors and Colossus but not on the giant air units.

+ It would also make sense regarding the game/lore. I have always thought it is kind of stupid that a small Infestor can NP a giant Mothership.


I'd be fine with that. Who uses those units anyway?


They are not used because players know that they will immediately have NP cast on them.
kithuni
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5 Posts
September 09 2011 06:59 GMT
#5622
Saw this on reddit made me laugh... "Patch 1.4 Fixed slight bug which allowed zerg to win games."
blacklist_member
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia318 Posts
September 09 2011 07:00 GMT
#5623
I'm cool with the NP change, specially for Protoss, the core strength of their army stays in the few massive units they have... getting NPed is just too OP
MC and MKP fighting ^^
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 07:04:09
September 09 2011 07:03 GMT
#5624
On September 09 2011 16:00 blacklist_member wrote:
I'm cool with the NP change, specially for Protoss, the core strength of their army stays in the few massive units they have... getting NPed is just too OP


yeah but I bet that still won't even fix the issue. The real abuse is from fungal and infested terrans and NP was only really used in ZvT against mass thor and mech.

I think this is really going to hurt ZvT more than help PvZ, infestors are still going to be a problem in PvZ but will be even weaker in ZvT.
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 07:11:55
September 09 2011 07:05 GMT
#5625
I'm toss, and the NP thing is pretty lol-worthy. In how many situations are non-massive units worth NPing? Practically zero. Void rays, maybe templar if you have like 17 times the apm of your opponent. That's pretty much it.

EDIT: Right, tanks. ZvT is not my forte. But even so.

I hated having my colossi NP'd as much as the next toss, but this makes the spell totally useless. NP certainly wasn't the biggest problem with the infestor, and even if it was, outright removing the spell - because they may as well have just been honest and done that instead - is not the way to balance it.

However, the side-effect of this I do agree with is that the mothership can't be NP'd. I feel like they should just set that specifically.
TheRidd
Profile Joined January 2011
713 Posts
September 09 2011 07:11 GMT
#5626
On September 09 2011 16:05 Belisarius wrote:
I'm toss, and the NP thing is pretty lol-worthy. In how many situations are non-massive units worth NPing? Practically zero. Void rays, maybe templar if you have like 17 times the apm of your opponent. That's pretty much it.

I hated having my colossi NP'd as much as the next toss, but this makes the spell totally useless. NP certainly wasn't the biggest problem with the infestor, and even if it was, outright removing the spell - because they may as well have just been honest and done that instead - is not the way to balance it.

However, the side-effect of this I do agree with is that the mothership can't be NP'd. I feel like they should just set that specifically.

Are siege tanks massive ?
makk
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom132 Posts
September 09 2011 07:13 GMT
#5627
Ok so does NP actually have a use now? I would say snipe vs massive units is a bigger issue than NP...
Loodah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
335 Posts
September 09 2011 07:13 GMT
#5628
Infestors are still going to be broken in PvZ -

But for those of you saying this won't fix any issues, you're wrong. NP allowed zerg to literally max on infestors and lings and beat a fully upgraded protoss army quite easily even at 200/200. A zerg with 10--15 infestors simply could not lose any engagement. Once broods and cracklings or ultras got involved, it was actually laughable.

Still fungal growth will be incredibly powerful in the matchup, but at least now zergs can't win with ONLY infestors. Not sure why zergs are complaining - they got a blink nerf and a blue flame hellion nerf. WTF else is there to complain about as zerg? Maybe ghosts could use a nerf - in both PvT and ZvT - other than that Blizzard is doing an excellent job.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
September 09 2011 07:13 GMT
#5629
Rest assured, this change will never get past PTR. Because we can all sleep soundly with the knowledge that Blizzard has never made a poor balance or design decision. I mean it's not like they just proposed that Neural no longer works on Massive units without any other changes.
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Tppz!
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1449 Posts
September 09 2011 07:13 GMT
#5630
On September 09 2011 16:11 TheRidd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 16:05 Belisarius wrote:
I'm toss, and the NP thing is pretty lol-worthy. In how many situations are non-massive units worth NPing? Practically zero. Void rays, maybe templar if you have like 17 times the apm of your opponent. That's pretty much it.

I hated having my colossi NP'd as much as the next toss, but this makes the spell totally useless. NP certainly wasn't the biggest problem with the infestor, and even if it was, outright removing the spell - because they may as well have just been honest and done that instead - is not the way to balance it.

However, the side-effect of this I do agree with is that the mothership can't be NP'd. I feel like they should just set that specifically.

Are siege tanks massive ?


No they arent.
I think Blizz got fed up with this Infestor only Style like they were fed upü with Thorheavy armies.

It wont change TvZ a lot but I think it has some impact to PvZ
BuddhaMonk
Profile Joined August 2010
781 Posts
September 09 2011 07:14 GMT
#5631
The one thing that never made sense was that an infestor you could NP a Mothership given that you can only build one and it's a gigantic cost, and for just a bit of energy of one infestor you could easily take control. I think NP it's fine for other units because you can build as many of them as you want.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
September 09 2011 07:16 GMT
#5632
siege tanks are not massive but i dont think thats as much of a problem because of the siege tank's range which kind of defends for itself. perhaps they really want colossus to be the counter to infestor, and have infestor as an equal to the high templar. as it stands the infestor and HT are pretty comparable, so i think it does make sense to an extent. infestors would then be still a really great way to deal with mass gateway units which are quite common, but problematic when protoss techs to the latest tier technology. many have said and i agree that infestors at their level of tech are too effective against high tier protoss.
Skamtet
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada634 Posts
September 09 2011 07:16 GMT
#5633
It looks like this
*puts on sunglasses*
was a massive change.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
koji150
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1 Post
September 09 2011 07:18 GMT
#5634
On September 09 2011 15:34 TheSilverfox wrote:
As I Protoss I cannot deny that I like the NP change but to be fair I would rather see that the change only was on Massive air units.

That way Carriers, Battlecruisers, Mothership and Brood Lords could not be NP. The spell would still be good against Thors and Colossus but not on the giant air units.

+ It would also make sense regarding the game/lore. I have always thought it is kind of stupid that a small Infestor can NP a giant Mothership.

I think this would be a fair trade but Colossi are counted as air so they would be on the non-NP list. However that would allow Thors and Archons, which would help keep the PvZ balance while not making TvZ overpowered.
akaname
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom599 Posts
September 09 2011 07:19 GMT
#5635
On September 09 2011 14:41 darkness wrote:
I'm happy I won't be afraid of colossi getting stomped because of NP.
However, I'm sure this NP change will be removed because zergs are such whiners. My aim isn't to piss anyone off, but it's proven that whine brings good things to Zerg (infestor buff before for example).

Post hoc ergo propter hoc!
There can be only none
qui
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom36 Posts
September 09 2011 07:21 GMT
#5636
Disregarding the balance issue for the purpose of discussion:

NP was one of the few "cool" things about the Zerg was which before even this change felt incomplete.

They acknowledged that corrupters are lame and boring but this change means Z will have to get a large number of them to deal with the massive units that NP helped against.

Where is the sense in this?

I know personally as a Z player unless I see a decent amount of immortals with sentry backup, I will not research NP.

Which is a shame, because it's fun but still counterable.
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
September 09 2011 07:21 GMT
#5637
On September 09 2011 16:13 Zelniq wrote:
Rest assured, this change will never get past PTR. Because we can all sleep soundly with the knowledge that Blizzard has never made a poor balance or design decision. I mean it's not like they just proposed that Neural no longer works on Massive units without any other changes.



I said the same exact thing about the KA upgrade


Sarcasm is strong with this one
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 07:23:42
September 09 2011 07:21 GMT
#5638
On September 09 2011 16:13 makk wrote:
Ok so does NP actually have a use now? I would say snipe vs massive units is a bigger issue than NP...

yes to be fair they're still going to always be useful vs void rays, situationally vs phoenixes/vikings/tanks/spellcasters. of course most of these units can kind of defend themselves vs infestors: ghosts, high templar, siege tanks, phoenixes, and to a lesser extent other infestors.

even for cheap units, it's a good way to pull off a BM maneuver!
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 07:25:55
September 09 2011 07:22 GMT
#5639
Being able to neural Collosus and motherships was silly anyway. Can still neural high templars and void rays if you want to I suppose.

But no ghost changes? Adjustments to the ghost are needed so much its unbelievable.

EDIT: I also just found out they fixed the high ground broodlord bug.
twitch.tv/medrea
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
September 09 2011 07:25 GMT
#5640
On September 09 2011 16:21 qui wrote:
Disregarding the balance issue for the purpose of discussion:

NP was one of the few "cool" things about the Zerg was which before even this change felt incomplete.

They acknowledged that corrupters are lame and boring but this change means Z will have to get a large number of them to deal with the massive units that NP helped against.

Where is the sense in this?

I know personally as a Z player unless I see a decent amount of immortals with sentry backup, I will not research NP.

Which is a shame, because it's fun but still counterable.

The sense is giving you more incentive to buy HOTS I guess, I dont really know. They call the corruptor boring and not fun, but force you to use it. I agree with those sentiments.
Prev 1 280 281 282 283 284 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 114
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1131
GuemChi 783
Artosis 614
910 37
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox636
Other Games
summit1g7302
Day[9].tv587
shahzam494
C9.Mang0321
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta31
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur702
• Day9tv587
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2m
Patches Events
16h 2m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.