• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:30
CEST 14:30
KST 21:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8461 users

qxc the Quack -- The Doctor is in - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Nexic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States729 Posts
June 16 2010 03:53 GMT
#21
What would you suggest as the best ways to improve for a terran player who is pretty new to RTS (fps background)?
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
June 16 2010 04:02 GMT
#22
How exactly should scouting and proper unit composition be done in TvT? I always seem to have the wrong units.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
phamou
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada193 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 04:29:50
June 16 2010 04:29 GMT
#23
For a beginner, would you recommend practicing Micro or Macro first? which do you think is the most important overall to learn first and in pro level?
Sitizen
Profile Joined April 2010
United States34 Posts
June 16 2010 05:15 GMT
#24
What are your thoughts on the current state of TvT?
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 06:12:33
June 16 2010 06:09 GMT
#25
How should you go about getting the edge in a TvT viking/tank stalemate? Is there a way to safely break out of a viking/tank stalemate without giving the opponent an advantage?
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
chuky500
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
France473 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 07:18:13
June 16 2010 06:46 GMT
#26
Protoss is supposed to be the easiest race and Terran is considered the deepest one but every Terran unit is played at the moment while there are still unplayed units as Protoss. So don't you feel there's potential for Protoss to be way deeper than it is now ? Because I'm feeling there's room to play with different army compositions in the future while I think we've seen in the beta what Terran will be in the next years.

And a bit the same question about Zerg, for the past months Zerg was described as bland but now people start to use more different units. Does the fact that Zerg and Protoss take more time to stabilise may mean Terran will be considered the easy or bland race in the future ?

Do you think in the future professional games like Starcraft 2 will cost as much as any professional software ? Starcraft 2 will be around $180 with its 2 extensions, and there will also be a special expensive version for big tournament admins to run on lan.

Do you think since the Quake pro scene stagnates there's a way for RTS to become as popular in America and Europe as it is in Asia ?

Also do you practise with your build order tester or with the cracked AIs now the beta is down ?

Do you have plans to make melee maps ? What do you think lacks in the current Blizzard maps ?

Do you think that there's no chatroom in Starcraft 2 because there's an agreement with Facebook ? (So basically if you want to chat just go to facebook).
chirievalord
Profile Joined May 2009
Costa Rica92 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 06:51:24
June 16 2010 06:47 GMT
#27
I'm an D+ SCBW zerg. I played all the beta as Z. During the down time all I've been doing is watch day[9] and a couple other SC2 commentators. Because I started playing SC2 while it was still a larva, I think I've grown alot on this game. I was diamond when the beta ended (I started there anyway) and I believe I've improve a lot.

From the replays, dailys and more, I'm starting to have much more fun playing T. Now the question is:

I see alot of potencial playing T's mech. Don't you think it's a little bit over-powered TvZ?

I played Z a lot throughout the beta, it only came a little closer to balance with the last patch but roaches still cost 2 supply and that makes my army useless against a lot of tanks, a couple marauders and some more rines. What could they do to get this alot less impossible to deal with? What do you think about Tasteless's suggestion (see his last interview by Artosis) about removing the smart target fire (or whatever) back to over kill?

I have a couple more questions on this (TvZ mech) so please let me know if you like the subject.

~Chiri
s031720
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden383 Posts
June 16 2010 13:22 GMT
#28
If you where a beginning, but ambitious player, how would you go about to become great at the game; what aspects of the game would you focus on; ultimately aiming for becoming a competetive player in your own right?
Just another noob
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
June 16 2010 14:22 GMT
#29
On June 16 2010 15:47 chirievalord wrote:
I'm an D+ SCBW zerg. I played all the beta as Z. During the down time all I've been doing is watch day[9] and a couple other SC2 commentators. Because I started playing SC2 while it was still a larva, I think I've grown alot on this game. I was diamond when the beta ended (I started there anyway) and I believe I've improve a lot.

From the replays, dailys and more, I'm starting to have much more fun playing T. Now the question is:

I see alot of potencial playing T's mech. Don't you think it's a little bit over-powered TvZ?

I played Z a lot throughout the beta, it only came a little closer to balance with the last patch but roaches still cost 2 supply and that makes my army useless against a lot of tanks, a couple marauders and some more rines. What could they do to get this alot less impossible to deal with? What do you think about Tasteless's suggestion (see his last interview by Artosis) about removing the smart target fire (or whatever) back to over kill?

I have a couple more questions on this (TvZ mech) so please let me know if you like the subject.

~Chiri


spoiler cuz i dont wanna be a troll in my kevin's sexy tv show!
+ Show Spoiler +
just wanted to point out the Ai-nerf to going back to overkill was discussed by Raelcun myself and others in vent, then Raelcun made a post about it here on team liquid where artosis posted soemthing like 'that's pretty much exactly what i was thinking' i think the interview with mr plott came later, but i think if there's any credit to be given on an idea that sadly wasnt even implemented, credit's due to Mr Raelcun.
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
June 16 2010 15:24 GMT
#30
On June 16 2010 10:57 wrags wrote:
paris hilton
in oder aus?


That's a nish-nish
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 21:43:08
June 16 2010 21:42 GMT
#31
Qxc!!! <3 You're awesome. Anyhow.

My question(s):
* Who is your favorite player and why?
* Is there any player that you admire the most? If so, whom?
* what got you started in starcraft?

I dont think I have more questions at the moment! But you are awesome ^_^ Good luck!
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
Anfere
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada231 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 23:07:29
June 16 2010 23:06 GMT
#32
As i can see you already have some tournaments under your belt, what are your plans for sc2, are you aiming for a pro Top carrier or just taking part to some semi-pro leagues/tournements while developing mods ?

Thx for all the maps you developed so far.
Immortal or no Immortal, that is the question ! Someone give me a hamlet skull !
Kesler
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada175 Posts
June 16 2010 23:27 GMT
#33
is there a meaning behind the qxc name? and how did you end up choosing that as your gaming id?
what do you mean barq's has bite?!
Stoli
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada173 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-17 22:05:24
June 17 2010 03:08 GMT
#34
How well do you think a nydus would have countered your dropship harass? Also, why did you decide to skip tanks completely in TvZ?

Great game. I've never had a comeback like that, although I had a few that awed me.

edit: context is the game you analysed with day[9] on his stream.
Twisting joints like a contortionist
Topic Starter
Profile Joined April 2010
United States5 Posts
June 17 2010 03:10 GMT
#35
QXC, When facing the decission of killing the minearl line, or the unit producing buildings, which should I go for? Does it depend on the race of my opponent or game time?
I start topics.
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
June 17 2010 03:10 GMT
#36
I love watching your aggressive play, and often you split your army for a drop or a two pronged attack. What influences the ratio of units you use for the attacks/drops, balancing between how many to be effective without losing too much if it fails?


Thanks
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
June 17 2010 03:10 GMT
#37
You forgot "former member of OD, best clan in the universe!" Woot I'll be watching your show tommorow qxc!
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
skummi
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark5 Posts
June 17 2010 03:13 GMT
#38
Hi QXC

I've been wondering about why people don't really go air (Im focusing on TvZ here as a terran)
With an army compesition of banshee/viking/raven with an opening 1/1/1 while going helions. I know this is gas heavy and thats why Im throwing in helions must for some harash that can help an early exspan for more gas. I would like to hear your thoughts on this because I havn't really had the chance to try it out since beta is down

Great show on day 9 ^^
Gunroc
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1 Post
June 17 2010 03:14 GMT
#39
qxc, how much of an effect do you think crowd control abilities have on overall game balance? (Phoenix with graviton beams, Infestors with fungal growth and neural parasite, Sentries with force field, etc.). Do you think Terrans are at a disadvantage without any kind of cc ability?
Eeeegor
Profile Joined April 2005
Australia809 Posts
June 17 2010 03:14 GMT
#40
On June 16 2010 10:28 Spiffeh wrote:
Celtics or Lakers?


yes pls
Day9 Made Me Do It
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings168
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3933
Jaedong 3244
Leta 1530
actioN 957
EffOrt 658
Horang2 561
Soma 413
BeSt 391
Killer 330
Mini 273
[ Show more ]
Rush 221
Stork 220
Pusan 152
Light 147
Barracks 124
Zeus 121
Snow 99
ggaemo 96
Larva 91
JYJ 63
Mong 52
ToSsGirL 42
HiyA 41
hero 40
Bale 35
Sharp 28
Shinee 22
zelot 20
sorry 19
Sexy 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6240
Dendi772
XaKoH 396
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_69
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3495
Other Games
gofns37173
singsing1596
olofmeister1344
B2W.Neo616
byalli508
Livibee191
OGKoka 107
ArmadaUGS70
DeMusliM12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV349
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream278
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV249
League of Legends
• Jankos1670
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 31m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.