• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:58
CEST 00:58
KST 07:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10080 users

Where is diamond league? - Page 8

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
June 04 2010 19:29 GMT
#141
On June 05 2010 04:18 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2010 04:12 Neverhood wrote:
-.- Here I am thinking blizzard is making improvements to the ladder system and actually listening to what we say by making an elite league when they really just screwed up...really disappointing *sigh*

I agree. I was hoping it'd be something like a week of gaming for a good player to be promoted from Platinum to Diamond. In my opinion, make Diamond .1% of the population and put everyone in Diamond in one Division. Every competitive player would love that (even if they don't make it into Diamond -- it'd be a meaningful goal) and every person interested in competitive gaming would love it too. And what's the drawback for everyone else? I don't see one.

would be great to have one diamond division with the top100 or so players on the server, like you said both for you and for people like me who just likes following the top players.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
June 04 2010 19:35 GMT
#142
Make diamond the top 1000 players on the server. This will make it feel speciel, just like it was speciel to get ranked in wc3.
intergalactic
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada428 Posts
June 04 2010 19:39 GMT
#143
I'm pretty sure the "Pro" league they intend to implement will be a single division. So no need to do that with Diamond.

At least, I hope it is the case. I mean, there can't be 100 divisions worth of Pro players...

Also, this Diamond league thing being a bug is very depressing. I was actually beginning to wonder if Blizzard was listening to us.
If you value your soul, do not look into the eye of an horse
AmstAff
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany949 Posts
June 04 2010 19:41 GMT
#144
nice, my hopes got crushed. thx blizzard...
after 2 years i reached it = marine icon
virusak
Profile Joined December 2009
Czech Republic344 Posts
June 04 2010 19:43 GMT
#145
On June 05 2010 04:39 intergalactic wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "Pro" league they intend to implement will be a single division. So no need to do that with Diamond.

They said they will do that?
sYz-Adrenaline
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1850 Posts
June 04 2010 19:43 GMT
#146
yay i dont feel bad for going 4-1 anymore :D
Can you feel the rush?
KiWiKaKi
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada691 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 19:44:53
June 04 2010 19:44 GMT
#147
from a blue , We are aware of the issue that is preventing players from accessing the Diamond league. We are currently looking into this and will provide more information as it becomes available.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25170841321&sid=5000


obviously having to make your way to diamond from platinum was a too smart idea , it had to be a bug
ur pro or ur noob , thats life
Holywow
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada34 Posts
June 04 2010 19:51 GMT
#148
I have two accounts and am in diamond in both and one I only won four of my placement matches. I think if you are matched up with tough enough oppenents during your placement you can get there. Did anyone else find it easier to get in the top league in the new match system? I used to be top gold but never platinum 1v1.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
June 04 2010 19:51 GMT
#149
On June 05 2010 04:39 intergalactic wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "Pro" league they intend to implement will be a single division. So no need to do that with Diamond.

At least, I hope it is the case. I mean, there can't be 100 divisions worth of Pro players...

Also, this Diamond league thing being a bug is very depressing. I was actually beginning to wonder if Blizzard was listening to us.

Pro will be invite-only.

The thing is that Blizzard wants to make participating in ladder meaningful. For everyone who isn't at a really high skill level, their solution is Leagues and Divisions. They've defended and explained that. I think it's fine. But for people at a high skill level, and for the fans/followers of people at a high skill level, this Leagues and Divisions system does not make ladder meaningful. Pro league will be one solution to that. But it won't completely solve it. People in the top 1,000-10,000 or so will want to know what their global ranking is. If there's 1,000,000 people playing, that's the top 0.1%-1%.

Also, I think people in Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze would like to know what bracket they're in, like if being the best Silver player in the system means you're better than 50% of people and worse than 50% of people, and if being the worst Silver player means you're better than 25% of people and worse than 75% of people, etc, then people would like to know those numbers. So while they can focus on ranking up in their divisions and be competitive that way, they also have an idea of their global ranking. They can have goals like being an above-average player, which means being in the top 50%, but currently there's no way to know that.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
June 04 2010 19:52 GMT
#150
what kind o division is Zealot Indigo.... and no one famous is in my div T__T

btw, anyone think its worth to play ladder these day? ~_~
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
June 04 2010 19:59 GMT
#151
On June 05 2010 04:51 Holywow wrote:
I have two accounts and am in diamond in both and one I only won four of my placement matches. I think if you are matched up with tough enough oppenents during your placement you can get there. Did anyone else find it easier to get in the top league in the new match system? I used to be top gold but never platinum 1v1.


screen shot or it didn't happen
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Buddhist
Profile Joined April 2010
United States658 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 20:09:22
June 04 2010 20:04 GMT
#152
On June 05 2010 04:18 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2010 04:12 Neverhood wrote:
-.- Here I am thinking blizzard is making improvements to the ladder system and actually listening to what we say by making an elite league when they really just screwed up...really disappointing *sigh*

I agree. I was hoping it'd be something like a week of gaming for a good player to be promoted from Platinum to Diamond. In my opinion, make Diamond .1% of the population and put everyone in Diamond in one Division. Every competitive player would love that (even if they don't make it into Diamond -- it'd be a meaningful goal) and every person interested in competitive gaming would love it too. And what's the drawback for everyone else? I don't see one.

Completely 100% agree. I'd love to fight my way into that kind of diamond, but even if I failed, I'd be happy to know that A) The goal exists, B) Blizzard cares about the competitive community, C) I can see how players at the top match up against others.
On June 05 2010 04:51 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2010 04:39 intergalactic wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "Pro" league they intend to implement will be a single division. So no need to do that with Diamond.

At least, I hope it is the case. I mean, there can't be 100 divisions worth of Pro players...

Also, this Diamond league thing being a bug is very depressing. I was actually beginning to wonder if Blizzard was listening to us.

Pro will be invite-only.

The thing is that Blizzard wants to make participating in ladder meaningful. For everyone who isn't at a really high skill level, their solution is Leagues and Divisions. They've defended and explained that. I think it's fine. But for people at a high skill level, and for the fans/followers of people at a high skill level, this Leagues and Divisions system does not make ladder meaningful. Pro league will be one solution to that. But it won't completely solve it. People in the top 1,000-10,000 or so will want to know what their global ranking is. If there's 1,000,000 people playing, that's the top 0.1%-1%.

Also, I think people in Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze would like to know what bracket they're in, like if being the best Silver player in the system means you're better than 50% of people and worse than 50% of people, and if being the worst Silver player means you're better than 25% of people and worse than 75% of people, etc, then people would like to know those numbers. So while they can focus on ranking up in their divisions and be competitive that way, they also have an idea of their global ranking. They can have goals like being an above-average player, which means being in the top 50%, but currently there's no way to know that.

These are also some very strong arguments. And to add to it, if the player doesn't want to see their global ranking, can't there be some option to hide it from them (default)? That way, there's truly no way for a player's feelings to be hurt unless he intentionally goes into the options to be able to see this global ranking.

Blizzard would have to listen to their player base for that, though.
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
June 04 2010 20:06 GMT
#153
On June 05 2010 04:51 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2010 04:39 intergalactic wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "Pro" league they intend to implement will be a single division. So no need to do that with Diamond.

At least, I hope it is the case. I mean, there can't be 100 divisions worth of Pro players...

Also, this Diamond league thing being a bug is very depressing. I was actually beginning to wonder if Blizzard was listening to us.

Pro will be invite-only.

The thing is that Blizzard wants to make participating in ladder meaningful. For everyone who isn't at a really high skill level, their solution is Leagues and Divisions. They've defended and explained that. I think it's fine. But for people at a high skill level, and for the fans/followers of people at a high skill level, this Leagues and Divisions system does not make ladder meaningful. Pro league will be one solution to that. But it won't completely solve it. People in the top 1,000-10,000 or so will want to know what their global ranking is. If there's 1,000,000 people playing, that's the top 0.1%-1%.

Also, I think people in Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze would like to know what bracket they're in, like if being the best Silver player in the system means you're better than 50% of people and worse than 50% of people, and if being the worst Silver player means you're better than 25% of people and worse than 75% of people, etc, then people would like to know those numbers. So while they can focus on ranking up in their divisions and be competitive that way, they also have an idea of their global ranking. They can have goals like being an above-average player, which means being in the top 50%, but currently there's no way to know that.


oh btw, i dont think the "pro league" will be ranked so division is something "not necessary" dont you think?
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Forlorn
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)69 Posts
June 04 2010 20:07 GMT
#154
So are they just going to reset the whole ladder if this is a bug? Is there a point to playing games right now?
Hi
Buddhist
Profile Joined April 2010
United States658 Posts
June 04 2010 20:09 GMT
#155
On June 05 2010 05:07 Forlorn wrote:
So are they just going to reset the whole ladder if this is a bug? Is there a point to playing games right now?

Was there ever a point to playing games other than to practice?
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
June 04 2010 20:11 GMT
#156
On June 05 2010 05:06 NB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2010 04:51 Liquid`NonY wrote:
On June 05 2010 04:39 intergalactic wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "Pro" league they intend to implement will be a single division. So no need to do that with Diamond.

At least, I hope it is the case. I mean, there can't be 100 divisions worth of Pro players...

Also, this Diamond league thing being a bug is very depressing. I was actually beginning to wonder if Blizzard was listening to us.

Pro will be invite-only.

The thing is that Blizzard wants to make participating in ladder meaningful. For everyone who isn't at a really high skill level, their solution is Leagues and Divisions. They've defended and explained that. I think it's fine. But for people at a high skill level, and for the fans/followers of people at a high skill level, this Leagues and Divisions system does not make ladder meaningful. Pro league will be one solution to that. But it won't completely solve it. People in the top 1,000-10,000 or so will want to know what their global ranking is. If there's 1,000,000 people playing, that's the top 0.1%-1%.

Also, I think people in Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze would like to know what bracket they're in, like if being the best Silver player in the system means you're better than 50% of people and worse than 50% of people, and if being the worst Silver player means you're better than 25% of people and worse than 75% of people, etc, then people would like to know those numbers. So while they can focus on ranking up in their divisions and be competitive that way, they also have an idea of their global ranking. They can have goals like being an above-average player, which means being in the top 50%, but currently there's no way to know that.


oh btw, i dont think the "pro league" will be ranked so division is something "not necessary" dont you think?

I'm not sure what will happen with Pro league. They haven't said much about it. I have kind of assumed that it'd have less than 100 people so there wouldn't be a need to talk about divisions for it. I really have no idea.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
yoshi_yoshi
Profile Joined January 2010
United States440 Posts
June 04 2010 20:11 GMT
#157
We should all post in the bnet forums about how great this new feature is. Then Blizz may not take back their 'accident'.
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 20:23:45
June 04 2010 20:22 GMT
#158
I went 10-2 and got put into diamond
edit: that was patch 13 srry
billyX333
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 20:25:53
June 04 2010 20:25 GMT
#159
I just saw a guy with 600 points and not upgraded to diamond yet (and a couple of 500 point players as well still in platinum)

Assuming there is an actual mark you have to reach to get promoted, 1000 points seems like the next logical conclusion since 500 doesnt get promoted.

If my random guess is right then I dont think there will be a full diamond league before beta servers go offline
even if the mark is something like ~750 points, I still don't think there will be filled league w/ 100 players

I'm really liking this concept of making diamond league something you have to achieve
Now there wont be a new division made every time ~100 players go 5-0 in easy placement matches
basically flooding the league with 50000 divisions
Kambo_Rambo
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia79 Posts
June 04 2010 20:27 GMT
#160
5-0 diamond. The last 2 matches were against very skilled opponents, must be why.
You require more vespene minerals?
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
Nina 104
Nathanias 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14156
Artosis 516
White-Ra 259
ToSsGirL 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever458
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
Doublelift4222
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox980
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1869
Liquid`Hasu1333
Trikslyr69
Other Games
summit1g7440
Grubby3538
ArmadaUGS961
shahzam590
JimRising 339
C9.Mang0281
ZombieGrub60
Mew2King44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
gamesdonequick113
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• musti20045 37
• davetesta35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1207
• imaqtpie1059
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 2m
OSC
14h 2m
Stellar Fest
14h 2m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.