• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:27
CEST 15:27
KST 22:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War475.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7530 users

Amateur TeamLeague - Page 9

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
October 24 2015 02:29 GMT
#161
On October 24 2015 10:52 art_of_turtle wrote:
I think I asked earlier but LTY is Miso on the free agency list, and is a DesPA old player. Mind if we take him back? already talked to him ahead of time.

Oh yeah, sorry
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
October 24 2015 02:35 GMT
#162
I'm starting to message people to encourage them to form teams. If you are a free agent, it would be in your best interest right now to try and PM other free agents and form teams. The more teams we have in the league, the better. I'm hoping to form at least 6, so really, you guys only have to form 2 more teams! I asked for country in the sign ups because I figured it would allow people of the same timezone (relatively) to form teams together to practice at convenient times.

gogo!
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
DannyBOyz
Profile Joined October 2015
11 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-25 03:41:34
October 24 2015 07:59 GMT
#163
I would like to make a new team called Club Starcraft. I already have Tru]Irish, and n.stop)armada ill keep you posted as I gather more members. I will be playing the captain role of this team.

EDIT: I have a new member [SD]RoLLeR
I will continue to edit this post as I recruit players
EDIT 2: We have picked up eSpi.LoCcxitO for Club Starcraft!
Looking for d/c- players!
ArtOfBlack
Profile Joined December 2009
Poland93 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-24 09:29:24
October 24 2015 09:15 GMT
#164
There is 18 free agents so maybe we form 3 teams?
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-24 15:16:35
October 24 2015 15:12 GMT
#165
On October 24 2015 16:59 DannyBOyz wrote:
I would like to make a new team called Club Starcraft. I already have Tru]Irish, and n.stop)armada ill keep you posted as I gather more members. I will be playing the captain role of this team.

EDIT: I have a new member [SD]RoLLeR
I will continue to edit this post as I recruit players

Awesome! EDIT: I'm not sure who armada is. Can you sign him up first? Also, since the organization is leaning towards tier system, it would be in your best interest to pick up a D rank player or two! Thanks.

Team Bureaucracy + Show Spoiler +
probably will change the name!
has recruited ca sGs.Yaqoob.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-24 15:17:13
October 24 2015 15:17 GMT
#166
On October 24 2015 18:15 ArtOfBlack wrote:
There is 18 free agents so maybe we form 3 teams?

That sounds great to me. I know my team might add 1 or two, but each team really only needs 5 players.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
ArtOfBlack
Profile Joined December 2009
Poland93 Posts
October 24 2015 16:06 GMT
#167
This is just simulation;; in free agents we have 3xD, 2xD+, 4xC- 4xC, 2xC+ = 15 players so I think it;s fair to put this 2 C+ guys to groups who had 2 D/D+ players. So we have 3 teams with 5 player with ranks ( D/D+/C-/C/C+ || D/D+/C-/C/C+ || D/C-/C-/C/C )
Team 1:
kr EmptyCup D
nl feckless D+
pl [SAM]Gohan C-
pe eSpi.LoCcxitO C
us Fazers[Pain] C+

Team 2:
nl WraithFan D
us evilEye D+/C-
be CrispyDrone C-
pl Taehee[KaL] C
us Kororo C+

Team 3:
us zs-Adun D
hr (v) CoughingHydra C-
uk hafnium C-
mx JaeDonG.- C
us f10eQQ C


i just pick ranks not id so i don't know maybe feckless (D+) can beat JaeDong (C) couse i don;t know the real skill of any of this players
Fazers
Profile Joined August 2013
737 Posts
October 24 2015 16:27 GMT
#168
well I am inflated as fuck C+, probably like D+ for good measure now. lol
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-24 18:26:06
October 24 2015 18:25 GMT
#169
On October 25 2015 01:27 Fazers wrote:
well I am inflated as fuck C+, probably like D+ for good measure now. lol

I dunno about D+. In my experience, people tend to underestimate just how much better one gets if they can hit and maintain the C ranks and higher (old ranks anyways). Sure, when you come back you won't be competitive against concurrent C+ players (or maybe you would due to the new system), but what tends to happen, is once the former C players start playing again in the tournaments, they start crushing it against people who have only ever reached D+. Maybe it's just the fundamentals, muscle memory, and knowledge base that's sitting there latent, but I think it comes back fast enough to dominate D league players.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
October 24 2015 18:31 GMT
#170
where am i?
Archaeo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States397 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-24 18:36:13
October 24 2015 18:34 GMT
#171
On October 25 2015 03:31 Metal[x] wrote:
where am i?

You're too bag bro and you don't play FF8; don't waste anyone's time.
Yo my chingu!!!
Fazers
Profile Joined August 2013
737 Posts
October 24 2015 19:59 GMT
#172
On October 25 2015 03:25 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2015 01:27 Fazers wrote:
well I am inflated as fuck C+, probably like D+ for good measure now. lol

I dunno about D+. In my experience, people tend to underestimate just how much better one gets if they can hit and maintain the C ranks and higher (old ranks anyways). Sure, when you come back you won't be competitive against concurrent C+ players (or maybe you would due to the new system), but what tends to happen, is once the former C players start playing again in the tournaments, they start crushing it against people who have only ever reached D+. Maybe it's just the fundamentals, muscle memory, and knowledge base that's sitting there latent, but I think it comes back fast enough to dominate D league players.


Here's the thing, I'm probably not gonna use ICCUP unless I am playing for this. My focus with games is on Melee now.
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
October 24 2015 20:02 GMT
#173
On October 25 2015 03:31 Metal[x] wrote:
where am i?


Unless I missed it, you said "sign me up" and didn't give me any info. I wrote the sign up procedure in the OP.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
October 24 2015 20:04 GMT
#174
On October 25 2015 03:25 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2015 01:27 Fazers wrote:
well I am inflated as fuck C+, probably like D+ for good measure now. lol

I dunno about D+. In my experience, people tend to underestimate just how much better one gets if they can hit and maintain the C ranks and higher (old ranks anyways). Sure, when you come back you won't be competitive against concurrent C+ players (or maybe you would due to the new system), but what tends to happen, is once the former C players start playing again in the tournaments, they start crushing it against people who have only ever reached D+. Maybe it's just the fundamentals, muscle memory, and knowledge base that's sitting there latent, but I think it comes back fast enough to dominate D league players.

I agree with Falling. You're considered C+ for the sake of the format. That's why I'm telling teams to recruit D rankers because only so many from each rank can play every week. We're looking at 3 tiers right now.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
October 24 2015 20:32 GMT
#175
Name: sas.LuMiX
Race(define if Race Picker): Terran
Max iCCup Rank: B- year or so ago
Country: US
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
October 24 2015 23:16 GMT
#176
6 players per team isn't enough because stuff always happens and you will lose players as the season goes on. I'd say 8 is like a minimum for a viable team.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
October 24 2015 23:22 GMT
#177
On October 25 2015 05:32 Metal[x] wrote:
Name: sas.LuMiX
Race(define if Race Picker): Terran
Max iCCup Rank: B- year or so ago
Country: US

You're hired. Shimy, can you add Lumix to my team?
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
October 24 2015 23:37 GMT
#178
On October 25 2015 05:32 Metal[x] wrote:
Name: sas.LuMiX
Race(define if Race Picker): Terran
Max iCCup Rank: B- year or so ago
Country: US

I had been gone a while, so I couldn't remember what your rank was. I thought you were in the B's though. Like I've told other people, since you're B- or above, you can't really play in the league and be challenged. There are other B ranks who have expressed interest in the league, and your name is on a list with theirs, but at the present time, I cannot allow you to register.

Thank you for showing interest in the league.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
October 25 2015 00:35 GMT
#179
On October 25 2015 08:16 Birdie wrote:
6 players per team isn't enough because stuff always happens and you will lose players as the season goes on. I'd say 8 is like a minimum for a viable team.

Yeah a roster of 6 is REALLY cutting it close as people get busy or whatever. Season 6, sb had 8 or so, but by the end I was having Minsc play twice because people became unavailable.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
October 25 2015 04:49 GMT
#180
Also, the more I play on ICCup and get owned the more I think my rank is more closer to C lol
김택용 Fighting!
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 264
TKL 214
CranKy Ducklings116
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 898
Lowko521
TKL 214
ProTech104
Rex 100
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62568
Free 2348
Jaedong 1566
BeSt 572
Horang2 322
firebathero 231
Zeus 198
Last 112
Hyun 110
Pusan 81
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 69
910 37
soO 36
Aegong 21
Noble 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6004
Dendi839
XaKoH 449
canceldota76
Other Games
gofns32391
singsing2336
B2W.Neo499
byalli380
Pyrionflax292
ToD202
Mlord174
DeMusliM118
Liquid`VortiX78
QueenE67
Beastyqt38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1752
League of Legends
• Jankos2990
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 33m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.