• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:43
CEST 20:43
KST 03:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9584 users

D Ranks Teamleague - Page 12

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 38 Next All
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
November 18 2011 23:34 GMT
#221
I think bo1 for sets and bo5 for matches are the best.
Anything other then bo1 for a set would take too long and most teams are like 8 players so in a lot of cases a player will have to play 2-3 times per match if it was bo7.
|| o.o
rplant
Profile Joined May 2003
United States1178 Posts
November 19 2011 00:29 GMT
#222
This sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks to CobaltBlue for setting it up and to gosus for offering to coach! Wish I could play.
Believing in God is like believing in a teapot orbiting Mars (Edit: wow I was a douche in 2003)
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
November 19 2011 01:07 GMT
#223
I just wanna say thanks to CobaltBlu for setting this up and putting in so much effort, keep up the good work lad.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
November 19 2011 01:07 GMT
#224
Rank: D-
Name: The Shimmy
Race: Zerg

I would love to play but if not then contact me if you need a caster. I'm totally new so I'd mostly be doing it as a pure rookie for practice and experience but im competitive.
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
November 19 2011 01:16 GMT
#225
I know its late to ask for this but I feel like forcing the players to learn so many maps is too much. Most of the players involved are going to be putting a lot of effort into improving and expecting them to learn so many maps is going to really hurt them in their practicing. This event is for the players and not for the spectators (like gambit cup) so I think it would be a lot better to only have 3 maps each week.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 19 2011 04:11 GMT
#226
On November 19 2011 10:16 puppykiller wrote:
I know its late to ask for this but I feel like forcing the players to learn so many maps is too much. Most of the players involved are going to be putting a lot of effort into improving and expecting them to learn so many maps is going to really hurt them in their practicing. This event is for the players and not for the spectators (like gambit cup) so I think it would be a lot better to only have 3 maps each week.


Actually I really like this, keeping FS for familiarity then only having 2 maps players would have to learn. For instance I only really know FS and just am not going to have the time to try and learn 5 or 6 other maps. However, I think if this router was chosen the 2 non FS maps should be the current/new PL maps.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 06:18:15
November 19 2011 06:15 GMT
#227
On November 19 2011 10:16 puppykiller wrote:
I know its late to ask for this but I feel like forcing the players to learn so many maps is too much. Most of the players involved are going to be putting a lot of effort into improving and expecting them to learn so many maps is going to really hurt them in their practicing. This event is for the players and not for the spectators (like gambit cup) so I think it would be a lot better to only have 3 maps each week.


Rather the same 3 maps every week.

Circuit Breaker
Fighting Spirit
Eye of the Storm

They are all really similar maps and easy to learn.


On November 19 2011 02:38 chrisolo wrote:
But who says that it needs to be played consecutive? o_O You can play those matches simultaneously. I dont know where the problem is.

And if there is a cast, then the caster can choose 2-3 Bo3 he will cast, so the players will not wait as long as you imagine.

Just make a poll and if Bo1 wins, I am fine with it. The thing is I cannot understand why you would rather have a Bo1 instead of a more skillbased Bo3. Why would you want someone to luck a win against a better player (by cheese, build order win, etc.). I can imagine that there will be much cheese, since there is always a player, who thinks he is worse then his opponent. One way or another I cannot see anything, which shifts the favor into the Bo1 direction.

TL;DR:
Pls make a poll about Bo1 or Bo3.


Bo3 would suck. Part of the reason altitude nation wars got stale for me, way too many games.


On November 19 2011 03:15 chrisolo wrote:
But if the games can be played concurrently then the whole clanwar will be over after about 30 minutes (10 minutes orga + 1 x 20 mins average each game). I really cannot see how about 1 hour for a clanwar can be too long?


Maybe, but not everyone is in the same timezone. For me I can only really play 1 game.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
November 19 2011 07:36 GMT
#228
Who is team 10's coach?
REEBUH!!!
roflcopta
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4 Posts
November 19 2011 09:00 GMT
#229
heyo, i'll be glad to be a reserve for any team that ends up short on players on game day

i play p main and t secondary; considering going random b/c im kinda solid
but i guess you can just put me down as P for now

please add me soon, i'd hate to miss this opportunity, thx

also i may or may not change my ID's considering i won't be on rQ

iccup link: http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/rQ.n00b.html
R-Dizzle
Profile Joined November 2011
2 Posts
November 19 2011 13:35 GMT
#230
Hiho to all :-)

... i hope not to be late..

Ranke: D
iCCup: R-Dizzle
Race: Protoss/Zerg

Thanks :-)
demolitionboy
Profile Joined November 2011
France2 Posts
November 19 2011 14:58 GMT
#231
hello i'm demolition but i have a level E - ........ i need help.... please. thanks

Ranke : D-
iCCup: demolitionboy
Race: Protoss
my level it's E-
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 15:01:19
November 19 2011 15:00 GMT
#232
Hi. I'm signing up for my little brother~but he doesnt have a TL account.
He's good (for his age)

Rank : D
iCCup : U.E.D
Race : Zerg

It won't be me smurfing of course, hotkeys/APM are radically different. Hopefully this will be approved. He will be playing from my computer, so IP will be the same.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
S2Glow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Singapore1042 Posts
November 19 2011 15:02 GMT
#233
i will be casting! please watch ^.^ , btw i cast without an english accent so well lol
<3 Katelyn , C Zerg. Dying wish is to watch proleague live and see my girlfriend which gonna be soon! <33
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
November 19 2011 15:05 GMT
#234
On November 20 2011 00:02 S2Glow wrote:
i will be casting! please watch ^.^ , btw i cast without an english accent so well lol


LOL! No wonder you were missing from the Nation War! Will tune in! Hopefully you wont get Kellymilkies kind of hate from the accent XD
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
November 19 2011 15:42 GMT
#235
I just wanna say that Angel[AoV] is the most amazing coach that any team has. He willingly spend 2 hours playing the worst noob ever for practice, going:
1. 1 base marine pressure
2. FE MM/tank
3. FE 7rax
4. Mech
Against my Z. I can proudly say that I am really not looking forward to playing a T tomorrow. Or a P/Z for that matter ^^
Team 3 Hwaiting (i guess we´re called SK3 Telecom now, dont really know)
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 19 2011 15:53 GMT
#236
twitch.tv/l_master for the stream.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Rivkeh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States58 Posts
November 19 2011 16:46 GMT
#237
So in my game against breakneckspeed, he does a nice push which decimates my army but I manage to throw back with only one probe lost. When I move out with obs I have some sloppy control and get rocked by mines I saw him plant and could see with observer, then I launch a completely fail reaver drop. Then my game crashes. So I tell break, he had me dead to rights, gg wp, but he lets me have a rematch anyways. More manner than an artosis pylon.

Second game I crashed out again, and told break to take the win.

I'll be sure to use a more stable computer next week!
Zombie_Velociraptor
Profile Joined May 2011
274 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 16:09:44
November 19 2011 17:01 GMT
#238
,,
DerpDog
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (North)62 Posts
November 19 2011 17:04 GMT
#239
On November 20 2011 00:42 Skeggaba wrote:
I just wanna say that Angel[AoV] is the most amazing coach that any team has. He willingly spend 2 hours playing the worst noob ever for practice, going:
1. 1 base marine pressure
2. FE MM/tank
3. FE 7rax
4. Mech
Against my Z. I can proudly say that I am really not looking forward to playing a T tomorrow. Or a P/Z for that matter ^^
Team 3 Hwaiting (i guess we´re called SK3 Telecom now, dont really know)


Angel[AoV] has already been SO helpful, awesome awesome coach indeed. So happy we got him! Now we just need to fix our ports so we can practice with each other and make the world ragequit. Team 3 / SKT3 / The Unhostables HWAITING!
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
November 19 2011 17:13 GMT
#240
Where do I report win?
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 396
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 123
BRAT_OK 90
MindelVK 27
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2055
Bisu 993
Shuttle 146
Dewaltoss 111
Trap 29
Bale 25
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
XaKoH 559
420jenkins415
Counter-Strike
fl0m4689
pashabiceps825
Fnx 635
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3350
Liquid`Hasu551
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1730
FrodaN885
B2W.Neo337
Livibee175
C9.Mang0154
TKL 92
QueenE81
RotterdaM56
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason13
ToD4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV242
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2638
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur1011
• imaqtpie721
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 17m
Patches Events
21h 17m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.