• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6272 users

[G] Frozen's FE PvP Guide - Page 13

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
KTF_CloaK
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1338 Posts
February 07 2012 21:18 GMT
#241
I have done this build quite a lot on iCCup and achieved a 80% winrate with it, but I feel like I'm not improving my overall skill as to 2 gate reaver into expand into normal stuff I do learn things, so I've stopped using the build. I have a question though, A clanmate of mine, UED_sebas uses the 12nex quite a lot, and I always gateway scout in PvP so what should I do to conter his 12nex? No proxy robo or 4 gate goon, I don't like all-ins.
KT Rolster for the win!! Lee-Young-Ho hwaiting!!
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
February 07 2012 22:43 GMT
#242
On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have done this build quite a lot on iCCup and achieved a 80% winrate with it, but I feel like I'm not improving my overall skill as to 2 gate reaver into expand into normal stuff I do learn things, so I've stopped using the build.


Interesting, I came to the same conclusion ;p

On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have a question though, A clanmate of mine, UED_sebas uses the 12nex quite a lot, and I always gateway scout in PvP so what should I do to conter his 12nex? No proxy robo or 4 gate goon, I don't like all-ins.


4gate doesn't work against it anyway, as I explained in my last post. There are three counters that I use depending on the situation.

1) If you're confident in your zealot micro and the opportunity presents itself, you can manner pylon his main and rally zealots from one gateway to his base and zealot harass. Follow up with a 2nd gateway and fast goons and you can often get there before his cannons are up, in which case he's screwed. Your zealot micro must be at least equal to his and you need a good manner pylon for this to work. In fact, this is the reason that a lot of top players say this build doesn't work at very high levels: zealot micro is just too strong.

2) 2gate goon + proxy robo reaver (skipping shuttle). It's somewhat all-in but it's a pretty reliable counter if it's not scouted.

3) DT drop. This is also semi all-in and will not work against a very experienced 12nex player. It's basically a free win against inexperienced players though. Just load up 4 DTs and drop them directly on top of any cannon he has in his main. If he built his robo in his main instead of his natural, it's insta-gg.

Unfortunately, my counters are basically to just kill him and not play a long game. However, I have had some discussion with KidCanada about the build and he has a good idea for a long term counter. His idea is to double expand AND double tech (reaver/templar) at the same time. This sounds very flimsy but keep in mind that 1) the 12nex has no attacking power for quite a while and 2) reavers are extremely efficient in defence. Basically, if the 12nex player goes for some kind of mass gate all in to counter your double expand (see my game vs Sziky), you can just stop it with DTs. If he invests in a robo and obs, he will not have enough units to kill your reaver/goon defence. I don't really know the specifics so perhaps KC can shed some light on it.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
February 08 2012 03:01 GMT
#243
On February 08 2012 07:43 Sayle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have done this build quite a lot on iCCup and achieved a 80% winrate with it, but I feel like I'm not improving my overall skill as to 2 gate reaver into expand into normal stuff I do learn things, so I've stopped using the build.


Interesting, I came to the same conclusion ;p

Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have a question though, A clanmate of mine, UED_sebas uses the 12nex quite a lot, and I always gateway scout in PvP so what should I do to conter his 12nex? No proxy robo or 4 gate goon, I don't like all-ins.


4gate doesn't work against it anyway, as I explained in my last post. There are three counters that I use depending on the situation.

1) If you're confident in your zealot micro and the opportunity presents itself, you can manner pylon his main and rally zealots from one gateway to his base and zealot harass. Follow up with a 2nd gateway and fast goons and you can often get there before his cannons are up, in which case he's screwed. Your zealot micro must be at least equal to his and you need a good manner pylon for this to work. In fact, this is the reason that a lot of top players say this build doesn't work at very high levels: zealot micro is just too strong.

2) 2gate goon + proxy robo reaver (skipping shuttle). It's somewhat all-in but it's a pretty reliable counter if it's not scouted.

3) DT drop. This is also semi all-in and will not work against a very experienced 12nex player. It's basically a free win against inexperienced players though. Just load up 4 DTs and drop them directly on top of any cannon he has in his main. If he built his robo in his main instead of his natural, it's insta-gg.

Unfortunately, my counters are basically to just kill him and not play a long game. However, I have had some discussion with KidCanada about the build and he has a good idea for a long term counter. His idea is to double expand AND double tech (reaver/templar) at the same time. This sounds very flimsy but keep in mind that 1) the 12nex has no attacking power for quite a while and 2) reavers are extremely efficient in defence. Basically, if the 12nex player goes for some kind of mass gate all in to counter your double expand (see my game vs Sziky), you can just stop it with DTs. If he invests in a robo and obs, he will not have enough units to kill your reaver/goon defence. I don't really know the specifics so perhaps KC can shed some light on it.


First off, dont push at all, get GOON RANGE before first goon a 2nd gate around 21psi, then you will cut goons after 5th goon to double expo. If he does any 5zlot push stuff you can easily deflect it (you will have 3goon zlot something like this on the ramp) scout for any hidden zlotsprobes before you double expo then go pressure with goons to force cannons (don't have to commit at all). You will get robo before your 6th goon, get citadel as robo is finishing, get robo support bay+observatory, then templar archive, get 2nd gas @ expo when it's up. if the map is FS you can use pylon wall like in PvT cause its really good to defend, I recommend getting 2 reavers before shuttle (BUT go reaver->ob->reaver), he can't hit any timing with ob before your dt comes out anyway that is what you use to slow any 5-6gate push before ob, and when he has ob you should have a shuttle / 2 reaver and 3 base so you just defend from there. My recommendation is going to 6gate before forge and then get 2 of them to catch up if he did quick upgs. Sorry it's not too specific, I only recall the opening because it proved to be really successful and easy to block their aggression. It seems like you won't be able to afford all this, but you are cutting goons for tech/econ and the fact that he doesn't really know what you're doing makes him unable to be too greedy. (after deflecting his 5zlot push you will easily have army adv and he will be really defensive anyway)
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
February 08 2012 09:00 GMT
#244
Thanks draw.

Just for clarification, draw = KC
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
February 08 2012 09:44 GMT
#245
Tried this strat maybe 5-6 times and won all of them except one game where my opponent went center 2gate. But this is D to D+ and it really does give you a clear advantage over lesser players. Thanks dRaW for the counter to this build, will keep in mind.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 16:58:18
February 08 2012 16:57 GMT
#246
On February 08 2012 12:01 dRaW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 07:43 Sayle wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have done this build quite a lot on iCCup and achieved a 80% winrate with it, but I feel like I'm not improving my overall skill as to 2 gate reaver into expand into normal stuff I do learn things, so I've stopped using the build.


Interesting, I came to the same conclusion ;p

On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have a question though, A clanmate of mine, UED_sebas uses the 12nex quite a lot, and I always gateway scout in PvP so what should I do to conter his 12nex? No proxy robo or 4 gate goon, I don't like all-ins.


4gate doesn't work against it anyway, as I explained in my last post. There are three counters that I use depending on the situation.

1) If you're confident in your zealot micro and the opportunity presents itself, you can manner pylon his main and rally zealots from one gateway to his base and zealot harass. Follow up with a 2nd gateway and fast goons and you can often get there before his cannons are up, in which case he's screwed. Your zealot micro must be at least equal to his and you need a good manner pylon for this to work. In fact, this is the reason that a lot of top players say this build doesn't work at very high levels: zealot micro is just too strong.

2) 2gate goon + proxy robo reaver (skipping shuttle). It's somewhat all-in but it's a pretty reliable counter if it's not scouted.

3) DT drop. This is also semi all-in and will not work against a very experienced 12nex player. It's basically a free win against inexperienced players though. Just load up 4 DTs and drop them directly on top of any cannon he has in his main. If he built his robo in his main instead of his natural, it's insta-gg.

Unfortunately, my counters are basically to just kill him and not play a long game. However, I have had some discussion with KidCanada about the build and he has a good idea for a long term counter. His idea is to double expand AND double tech (reaver/templar) at the same time. This sounds very flimsy but keep in mind that 1) the 12nex has no attacking power for quite a while and 2) reavers are extremely efficient in defence. Basically, if the 12nex player goes for some kind of mass gate all in to counter your double expand (see my game vs Sziky), you can just stop it with DTs. If he invests in a robo and obs, he will not have enough units to kill your reaver/goon defence. I don't really know the specifics so perhaps KC can shed some light on it.


First off, dont push at all, get GOON RANGE before first goon a 2nd gate around 21psi, then you will cut goons after 5th goon to double expo. If he does any 5zlot push stuff you can easily deflect it (you will have 3goon zlot something like this on the ramp) scout for any hidden zlotsprobes before you double expo then go pressure with goons to force cannons (don't have to commit at all). You will get robo before your 6th goon, get citadel as robo is finishing, get robo support bay+observatory, then templar archive, get 2nd gas @ expo when it's up. if the map is FS you can use pylon wall like in PvT cause its really good to defend, I recommend getting 2 reavers before shuttle (BUT go reaver->ob->reaver), he can't hit any timing with ob before your dt comes out anyway that is what you use to slow any 5-6gate push before ob, and when he has ob you should have a shuttle / 2 reaver and 3 base so you just defend from there. My recommendation is going to 6gate before forge and then get 2 of them to catch up if he did quick upgs. Sorry it's not too specific, I only recall the opening because it proved to be really successful and easy to block their aggression. It seems like you won't be able to afford all this, but you are cutting goons for tech/econ and the fact that he doesn't really know what you're doing makes him unable to be too greedy. (after deflecting his 5zlot push you will easily have army adv and he will be really defensive anyway)

This sounds really interesting, thanks a lot draw. I think one of my opponents does this in a replay, although not as well. ShoX goes for a DT drop into double expo with defensive reavers I believe, but I just happened to get too far ahead since I didn't waste much money on cannons and other defensive measures.

If the fast expanding player scouts your double expo (somehow), is he pretty much forced to go into a two-base all in banking on more minerals collected?

Also, do you have a replay? I want to see how you would hold off a strong two-base attack
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 17:42:32
February 08 2012 17:38 GMT
#247
On February 09 2012 01:57 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 12:01 dRaW wrote:
On February 08 2012 07:43 Sayle wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have done this build quite a lot on iCCup and achieved a 80% winrate with it, but I feel like I'm not improving my overall skill as to 2 gate reaver into expand into normal stuff I do learn things, so I've stopped using the build.


Interesting, I came to the same conclusion ;p

On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have a question though, A clanmate of mine, UED_sebas uses the 12nex quite a lot, and I always gateway scout in PvP so what should I do to conter his 12nex? No proxy robo or 4 gate goon, I don't like all-ins.


4gate doesn't work against it anyway, as I explained in my last post. There are three counters that I use depending on the situation.

1) If you're confident in your zealot micro and the opportunity presents itself, you can manner pylon his main and rally zealots from one gateway to his base and zealot harass. Follow up with a 2nd gateway and fast goons and you can often get there before his cannons are up, in which case he's screwed. Your zealot micro must be at least equal to his and you need a good manner pylon for this to work. In fact, this is the reason that a lot of top players say this build doesn't work at very high levels: zealot micro is just too strong.

2) 2gate goon + proxy robo reaver (skipping shuttle). It's somewhat all-in but it's a pretty reliable counter if it's not scouted.

3) DT drop. This is also semi all-in and will not work against a very experienced 12nex player. It's basically a free win against inexperienced players though. Just load up 4 DTs and drop them directly on top of any cannon he has in his main. If he built his robo in his main instead of his natural, it's insta-gg.

Unfortunately, my counters are basically to just kill him and not play a long game. However, I have had some discussion with KidCanada about the build and he has a good idea for a long term counter. His idea is to double expand AND double tech (reaver/templar) at the same time. This sounds very flimsy but keep in mind that 1) the 12nex has no attacking power for quite a while and 2) reavers are extremely efficient in defence. Basically, if the 12nex player goes for some kind of mass gate all in to counter your double expand (see my game vs Sziky), you can just stop it with DTs. If he invests in a robo and obs, he will not have enough units to kill your reaver/goon defence. I don't really know the specifics so perhaps KC can shed some light on it.


First off, dont push at all, get GOON RANGE before first goon a 2nd gate around 21psi, then you will cut goons after 5th goon to double expo. If he does any 5zlot push stuff you can easily deflect it (you will have 3goon zlot something like this on the ramp) scout for any hidden zlotsprobes before you double expo then go pressure with goons to force cannons (don't have to commit at all). You will get robo before your 6th goon, get citadel as robo is finishing, get robo support bay+observatory, then templar archive, get 2nd gas @ expo when it's up. if the map is FS you can use pylon wall like in PvT cause its really good to defend, I recommend getting 2 reavers before shuttle (BUT go reaver->ob->reaver), he can't hit any timing with ob before your dt comes out anyway that is what you use to slow any 5-6gate push before ob, and when he has ob you should have a shuttle / 2 reaver and 3 base so you just defend from there. My recommendation is going to 6gate before forge and then get 2 of them to catch up if he did quick upgs. Sorry it's not too specific, I only recall the opening because it proved to be really successful and easy to block their aggression. It seems like you won't be able to afford all this, but you are cutting goons for tech/econ and the fact that he doesn't really know what you're doing makes him unable to be too greedy. (after deflecting his 5zlot push you will easily have army adv and he will be really defensive anyway)

This sounds really interesting, thanks a lot draw. I think one of my opponents does this in a replay, although not as well. ShoX goes for a DT drop into double expo with defensive reavers I believe, but I just happened to get too far ahead since I didn't waste much money on cannons and other defensive measures.

If the fast expanding player scouts your double expo (somehow), is he pretty much forced to go into a two-base all in banking on more minerals collected?

Also, do you have a replay? I want to see how you would hold off a strong two-base attack


You make pylon wall *IF YOU NEED*(i.e they did a crazy zlot heavy army) on most maps they cant break through when you have 2 reavers + their army is only slightly larger esp after your dt delay any first push w.o ob, I can't find rep cause I sort of freestyled it a few times vs a B- protoss who did it to me.

edit: @ the dt drop idea, I find that it's risky to do something like this as a counter because your reavers will be late and it's MUCH easier to defend with shuttle reavers than without a shuttle. Lately dt drop seems like a very obvious counter so many people who 12nex are getting quicker robo which will just destroy you if you try something like that.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 17:53:36
February 08 2012 17:52 GMT
#248
I've started thinking about this build a lot again recently and I've come up with a few interesting optimizations that I think will smooth out the last couple of kinks in my version of the build. Not sure if I want to post them here yet though, as I may bust this out in ISL3 qualifiers ;p

I also haven't really tested my ideas yet in real games.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
February 08 2012 18:15 GMT
#249
NeO 12nexus gonna be skip goons and go robo @ expo, get reaver+shield batt and then ob into a 4-6gate goon+2reaver timing, cause you can't stop 3gate proxy robo any other way really (assuming you can't get a proxy on the map)
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
KTF_CloaK
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1338 Posts
March 27 2012 18:36 GMT
#250
On February 08 2012 12:01 dRaW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 07:43 Sayle wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have done this build quite a lot on iCCup and achieved a 80% winrate with it, but I feel like I'm not improving my overall skill as to 2 gate reaver into expand into normal stuff I do learn things, so I've stopped using the build.


Interesting, I came to the same conclusion ;p

On February 08 2012 06:18 KTF_CloaK wrote:
I have a question though, A clanmate of mine, UED_sebas uses the 12nex quite a lot, and I always gateway scout in PvP so what should I do to conter his 12nex? No proxy robo or 4 gate goon, I don't like all-ins.


4gate doesn't work against it anyway, as I explained in my last post. There are three counters that I use depending on the situation.

1) If you're confident in your zealot micro and the opportunity presents itself, you can manner pylon his main and rally zealots from one gateway to his base and zealot harass. Follow up with a 2nd gateway and fast goons and you can often get there before his cannons are up, in which case he's screwed. Your zealot micro must be at least equal to his and you need a good manner pylon for this to work. In fact, this is the reason that a lot of top players say this build doesn't work at very high levels: zealot micro is just too strong.

2) 2gate goon + proxy robo reaver (skipping shuttle). It's somewhat all-in but it's a pretty reliable counter if it's not scouted.

3) DT drop. This is also semi all-in and will not work against a very experienced 12nex player. It's basically a free win against inexperienced players though. Just load up 4 DTs and drop them directly on top of any cannon he has in his main. If he built his robo in his main instead of his natural, it's insta-gg.

Unfortunately, my counters are basically to just kill him and not play a long game. However, I have had some discussion with KidCanada about the build and he has a good idea for a long term counter. His idea is to double expand AND double tech (reaver/templar) at the same time. This sounds very flimsy but keep in mind that 1) the 12nex has no attacking power for quite a while and 2) reavers are extremely efficient in defence. Basically, if the 12nex player goes for some kind of mass gate all in to counter your double expand (see my game vs Sziky), you can just stop it with DTs. If he invests in a robo and obs, he will not have enough units to kill your reaver/goon defence. I don't really know the specifics so perhaps KC can shed some light on it.


First off, dont push at all, get GOON RANGE before first goon a 2nd gate around 21psi, then you will cut goons after 5th goon to double expo. If he does any 5zlot push stuff you can easily deflect it (you will have 3goon zlot something like this on the ramp) scout for any hidden zlotsprobes before you double expo then go pressure with goons to force cannons (don't have to commit at all). You will get robo before your 6th goon, get citadel as robo is finishing, get robo support bay+observatory, then templar archive, get 2nd gas @ expo when it's up. if the map is FS you can use pylon wall like in PvT cause its really good to defend, I recommend getting 2 reavers before shuttle (BUT go reaver->ob->reaver), he can't hit any timing with ob before your dt comes out anyway that is what you use to slow any 5-6gate push before ob, and when he has ob you should have a shuttle / 2 reaver and 3 base so you just defend from there. My recommendation is going to 6gate before forge and then get 2 of them to catch up if he did quick upgs. Sorry it's not too specific, I only recall the opening because it proved to be really successful and easy to block their aggression. It seems like you won't be able to afford all this, but you are cutting goons for tech/econ and the fact that he doesn't really know what you're doing makes him unable to be too greedy. (after deflecting his 5zlot push you will easily have army adv and he will be really defensive anyway)


Wow, this sounds really interesting, gonna have to try this counter. One question about the proxy robo reaver though, how do I defend his DT's? Do I make an observatory and rally observers to his natural? And how do I defend the DT slipping past me into my main, keep goons there?
KT Rolster for the win!! Lee-Young-Ho hwaiting!!
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
March 29 2012 21:26 GMT
#251
you keep the goons arcd outside his cannons and rally the ob there, it comes before dt anyway.

update ; there's a very popular variation of this now on korean server where they do 12nex 12gate 13forge into quicker cyber core, I have beaten this. For some reason it seems weaker but it's actually quite strong, so just thought I would share the korean version of it. Basically, since they will have less units @ first compared to the 2gate build for pressure earlier, you have to make your decisions faster since they will have tech up almost the same as you, generally I found that expanding right away doesnt really put you behind and since they will invest in a forge + few cannons, you can end up in the same situation or better if you kill their probe early (don't make more than 1 zealot, can use your first to harass them if you wish) and as always manner pylons in their mineral line is always good (assuming it's easily accessible for the map, some maps are hard to get pylons off)
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 04 2013 04:55 GMT
#252
Is this the variation that Sneazel and Sayle use? Really nice guide even though its a little old
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
January 04 2013 16:35 GMT
#253
On January 04 2013 13:55 thezanursic wrote:
Is this the variation that Sneazel and Sayle use? Really nice guide even though its a little old


Yes, this is where I got the build from, although I gradually made my own modifications as detailed here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=137582&currentpage=11#217
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
January 04 2013 17:41 GMT
#254
Every time I see the title for this guide I keep seeing (T)FrOzean and not Frozen....I miss CuteAngel!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
July 09 2013 17:25 GMT
#255
How exactly should I deal with a 10/12 into 2 gates in my main. Seems stupid, yes, but I don't know how much exactly I should dedicate to killing them/the pylon.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
July 09 2013 18:47 GMT
#256
Try to not get manner pyloned cause this is normally a result. However, these kind of builds hard counter 12nexus because you are using 400minerals for expansion and they are using it for gateways. All you can try to do is add a third gateway and a shield battery in your natural and outmicro him. (trying not to lose probes mind you). In these early game situations your economy is behind, so maybe you want to produce probes from both nexus but send your natural probes to the main so you don't have to multitask your defense. Once secured, you can transfer probes back to the natural.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
July 10 2013 06:04 GMT
#257
On July 10 2013 02:25 thezanursic wrote:
How exactly should I deal with a 10/12 into 2 gates in my main. Seems stupid, yes, but I don't know how much exactly I should dedicate to killing them/the pylon.


i don't think its actually that hard to hold off 2 gate considering that you build the second pylon in the nat and you have 2 gates pumping zealots. just add a shield battery and you are good to go. also, i have found that manner pylon is really effective against that build so you should avoid it at all costs even if it means having to stop a probe at that location just to prevent it because he will be able to get a zealot in before yours even pops out.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
July 10 2013 08:57 GMT
#258
On July 10 2013 15:04 JMave wrote:
he will be able to get a zealot in before yours even pops out.


Nope. In close positions on FS, your first zealot will come roughly when his zealot reaches your ramp.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
July 11 2013 10:33 GMT
#259
On July 10 2013 15:04 JMave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:25 thezanursic wrote:
How exactly should I deal with a 10/12 into 2 gates in my main. Seems stupid, yes, but I don't know how much exactly I should dedicate to killing them/the pylon.


i don't think its actually that hard to hold off 2 gate considering that you build the second pylon in the nat and you have 2 gates pumping zealots. just add a shield battery and you are good to go. also, i have found that manner pylon is really effective against that build so you should avoid it at all costs even if it means having to stop a probe at that location just to prevent it because he will be able to get a zealot in before yours even pops out.

I guess I didn't clarify it well enough.

10/12 is fine. I've dealt with that before, but I have faced 2-3 people who just proxy 2 more gateways (One of them did it in my main for fucks sake -.-) I really didn't know what to do.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
t0ssboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Bulgaria681 Posts
July 11 2013 11:09 GMT
#260
On July 11 2013 19:33 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 15:04 JMave wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:25 thezanursic wrote:
How exactly should I deal with a 10/12 into 2 gates in my main. Seems stupid, yes, but I don't know how much exactly I should dedicate to killing them/the pylon.


i don't think its actually that hard to hold off 2 gate considering that you build the second pylon in the nat and you have 2 gates pumping zealots. just add a shield battery and you are good to go. also, i have found that manner pylon is really effective against that build so you should avoid it at all costs even if it means having to stop a probe at that location just to prevent it because he will be able to get a zealot in before yours even pops out.

I guess I didn't clarify it well enough.

10/12 is fine. I've dealt with that before, but I have faced 2-3 people who just proxy 2 more gateways (One of them did it in my main for fucks sake -.-) I really didn't know what to do.

Pull 6-7 probes and focus the pylon.
Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.There can be no courage if there is no fear.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 179
ProTech120
ViBE113
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15480
Rain 1540
GuemChi 900
Artosis 700
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever459
Counter-Strike
taco 65
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox844
Mew2King90
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 489
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0364
Trikslyr53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• davetesta23
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra575
• Shiphtur389
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 56m
INu's Battles
9h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 56m
OSC
21h 11m
Replay Cast
21h 56m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.