• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:36
CEST 19:36
KST 02:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8982 users

StarCraft: Remastered coming in May? - Page 16

Forum Index > BW General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 60 Next
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
March 16 2017 02:27 GMT
#301
On March 16 2017 10:43 SirGlinG wrote:
Incredible! Credible? Incredible?

I see what you did there
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Legionnaire
Profile Joined January 2003
Australia4515 Posts
March 16 2017 03:05 GMT
#302
Interesting.

BW with bnet client that actually works without the graphical glitches and a match making service is all that required. Prettiness is just icing on top!
My hope is one day stupid people will feel the same pain when they talk, as the pain the rest of us feel when we hear them. Twitter: @Legionnaire_au
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-16 03:54:43
March 16 2017 03:24 GMT
#303
On March 16 2017 09:55 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2017 09:18 duke91 wrote:
On March 16 2017 08:58 Qwyn wrote:
If they could just get rid of keyboard input lag and maybe give you some more function hotkeys I would be so happy. If they don't fix the ghost input then I couldn't bear to play it even with fancy graphics .

Glad to see the rumors from 6-8 months ago were more than just rumors.

It's hard for people who have grown up with SC in their lives to believe (unthinkable for me) but there are a lot of people who just can't get into BW because of how dated the graphics are. This should go a long way towards helping that. Though I do feel for the OpenBW folks...


I totally forgot about the keyboard input lag.

That is probably the only non-controversial change to gameplay that should be implemented. Even less controversial than some HD sprites

Absolutely agree.

@Qwyn: In care you didn't know, you could use Shitty Plug-in mca64launcher and enable key buffer which mitigates the problem dramatically.


I disagree. The input lag (I'm assuming you mean keyboard input not registering when you hold down a mouse key) adds to the mechanical requirement of the game and makes it so you can't just click all over the place. Your clicks actually have to well timed, which makes doing stuff like harassing with 2 control groups of mutalisks harder.

edit: got it the other way around.
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
March 16 2017 07:44 GMT
#304
On March 16 2017 12:24 B-royal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2017 09:55 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2017 09:18 duke91 wrote:
On March 16 2017 08:58 Qwyn wrote:
If they could just get rid of keyboard input lag and maybe give you some more function hotkeys I would be so happy. If they don't fix the ghost input then I couldn't bear to play it even with fancy graphics .

Glad to see the rumors from 6-8 months ago were more than just rumors.

It's hard for people who have grown up with SC in their lives to believe (unthinkable for me) but there are a lot of people who just can't get into BW because of how dated the graphics are. This should go a long way towards helping that. Though I do feel for the OpenBW folks...


I totally forgot about the keyboard input lag.

That is probably the only non-controversial change to gameplay that should be implemented. Even less controversial than some HD sprites

Absolutely agree.

@Qwyn: In care you didn't know, you could use Shitty Plug-in mca64launcher and enable key buffer which mitigates the problem dramatically.


I disagree. The input lag (I'm assuming you mean keyboard input not registering when you hold down a mouse key) adds to the mechanical requirement of the game and makes it so you can't just click all over the place. Your clicks actually have to well timed, which makes doing stuff like harassing with 2 control groups of mutalisks harder.

edit: got it the other way around.

I used to be on your side, up until today actually. Maybe it's because I'm rusty and trying to play faster than I can handle, but the game somehow ate 2 crucial upgrades in one game, and then in the next game I was macroing out of random gates within a grid. Pretty obvious that the macro presses just didn't register as I was clicking through the gates. I went into ShittyPlug-in and turned that shit on. I refuse to drop more games because of that lol.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7176 Posts
March 16 2017 09:48 GMT
#305
On March 16 2017 16:44 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2017 12:24 B-royal wrote:
On March 16 2017 09:55 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2017 09:18 duke91 wrote:
On March 16 2017 08:58 Qwyn wrote:
If they could just get rid of keyboard input lag and maybe give you some more function hotkeys I would be so happy. If they don't fix the ghost input then I couldn't bear to play it even with fancy graphics .

Glad to see the rumors from 6-8 months ago were more than just rumors.

It's hard for people who have grown up with SC in their lives to believe (unthinkable for me) but there are a lot of people who just can't get into BW because of how dated the graphics are. This should go a long way towards helping that. Though I do feel for the OpenBW folks...


I totally forgot about the keyboard input lag.

That is probably the only non-controversial change to gameplay that should be implemented. Even less controversial than some HD sprites

Absolutely agree.

@Qwyn: In care you didn't know, you could use Shitty Plug-in mca64launcher and enable key buffer which mitigates the problem dramatically.


I disagree. The input lag (I'm assuming you mean keyboard input not registering when you hold down a mouse key) adds to the mechanical requirement of the game and makes it so you can't just click all over the place. Your clicks actually have to well timed, which makes doing stuff like harassing with 2 control groups of mutalisks harder.

edit: got it the other way around.

I used to be on your side, up until today actually. Maybe it's because I'm rusty and trying to play faster than I can handle, but the game somehow ate 2 crucial upgrades in one game, and then in the next game I was macroing out of random gates within a grid. Pretty obvious that the macro presses just didn't register as I was clicking through the gates. I went into ShittyPlug-in and turned that shit on. I refuse to drop more games because of that lol.


oh yes for sure,how many time i clicked in one upgrade and it didnt start,how many times i was controlling 1 group of mutas and 3 groups of lings and one didnt come to battle,Why everytime i control two lings inside the protoss base and target fire with mouse one ling attack something else ?so yeah this should be fixed,is not helping the game,is making players angry etc.
Talaris
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland766 Posts
March 16 2017 10:10 GMT
#306
Soooooo... are there actually any credentials for that statement ? Or has that article the value of a trumptweet ?


I'd love to see a remastered edition, especially after seeing what OpenBW already achieved, but if that's supposed to be out in 2 months, I wonder why there is no other info out there yet.
(Also, why not use the 20th year celebration year for that ?)
-= Jaedong // HerO // HasuObs // Best // Rush =-
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
March 16 2017 11:15 GMT
#307
we'll see if that announcement in the OP comes next week.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
saalih416
Profile Joined April 2016
19 Posts
March 16 2017 12:49 GMT
#308
I'm just going to remain patient for the next two months. If it happens, it happens. If not, BW is still amazing.
HaN-
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
France1920 Posts
March 16 2017 13:30 GMT
#309
If what we call 'BW remastered' is actually a new menus interface, automatic matchmaking, better compatibility and battle.net launcher integration, with gameplay untouched. Then it is not pointless but instead exactly what BW needs.

As for the HD graphics it leave me sceptical, it could very well affect the gameplay therefore being a no-no for BW veterans.
Calendaraka Foxhan
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
March 16 2017 15:12 GMT
#310
Don't play with my emotions Kwanghee
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
ionONE
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany605 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-16 17:11:26
March 16 2017 17:11 GMT
#311
I really want to believe, rise one more time!

http://steamcharts.com/app/221380 Age of Empires HD has 13k concurrent players over the weekend
JANGBI never forget
Mr.Pyro
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Denmark959 Posts
March 16 2017 17:39 GMT
#312
This is just pure speculation and rumors. This rumor has been popping up constantly just to be dismissed shortly after with the lack of an announcement. Stop toying with our dreams and stop reporting on these rumors!
P⊧[1]<a>[2]<a>[3]<a>tt | P ≝ 1.a.2.a.3.a.P
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
March 16 2017 17:42 GMT
#313
On March 17 2017 02:39 Mr.Pyro wrote:
This is just pure speculation and rumors. This rumor has been popping up constantly just to be dismissed shortly after with the lack of an announcement. Stop toying with our dreams and stop reporting on these rumors!

It's very much in vogue to do remakes of classics. AoE HD, FF7 HD, HOMM 3 HD and many others. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Tyrant.
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3306 Posts
March 16 2017 17:51 GMT
#314
My prediction: If there are actually no gameplay changes (as they say) and the new client works well on older and new computers, everybody will switch to the Remaster. Otherwise they will stick with BW.
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
March 16 2017 17:55 GMT
#315
On March 14 2017 13:21 youngjiddle wrote:
lets fucking go

fuck you shieldbattery for never sending me an invite I'll be playing on new bnet.

User was warned for this post

You understand that Blizzard never sent you an invite to play their remastered bw, right?
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
March 16 2017 18:33 GMT
#316
On March 16 2017 16:44 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2017 12:24 B-royal wrote:
On March 16 2017 09:55 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2017 09:18 duke91 wrote:
On March 16 2017 08:58 Qwyn wrote:
If they could just get rid of keyboard input lag and maybe give you some more function hotkeys I would be so happy. If they don't fix the ghost input then I couldn't bear to play it even with fancy graphics .

Glad to see the rumors from 6-8 months ago were more than just rumors.

It's hard for people who have grown up with SC in their lives to believe (unthinkable for me) but there are a lot of people who just can't get into BW because of how dated the graphics are. This should go a long way towards helping that. Though I do feel for the OpenBW folks...


I totally forgot about the keyboard input lag.

That is probably the only non-controversial change to gameplay that should be implemented. Even less controversial than some HD sprites

Absolutely agree.

@Qwyn: In care you didn't know, you could use Shitty Plug-in mca64launcher and enable key buffer which mitigates the problem dramatically.


I disagree. The input lag (I'm assuming you mean keyboard input not registering when you hold down a mouse key) adds to the mechanical requirement of the game and makes it so you can't just click all over the place. Your clicks actually have to well timed, which makes doing stuff like harassing with 2 control groups of mutalisks harder.

edit: got it the other way around.

I used to be on your side, up until today actually. Maybe it's because I'm rusty and trying to play faster than I can handle, but the game somehow ate 2 crucial upgrades in one game, and then in the next game I was macroing out of random gates within a grid. Pretty obvious that the macro presses just didn't register as I was clicking through the gates. I went into ShittyPlug-in and turned that shit on. I refuse to drop more games because of that lol.


I feel the pain, but I really think this could break certain things. I just gave the example of microing 2 control groups of mutalisks, but maybe there's other examples out there too...
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
Hushfieldx
Profile Joined December 2016
Belgium64 Posts
March 16 2017 18:42 GMT
#317
This is weird. It doesn't seem like TL.net to report on rumors. If you google around, you can see a lot of gaming news websites report on this alleged HD remake, but when reading the "articles" you see it's basically them saying they heard somebody else say that maybe an announcement was coming. I admit I would love for this to be real, but it's just pure speculation. Reporting on speculation is not the standard I'm used of from TL.
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
March 16 2017 19:17 GMT
#318
On March 17 2017 03:42 Hushfieldx wrote:
This is weird. It doesn't seem like TL.net to report on rumors. If you google around, you can see a lot of gaming news websites report on this alleged HD remake, but when reading the "articles" you see it's basically them saying they heard somebody else say that maybe an announcement was coming. I admit I would love for this to be real, but it's just pure speculation. Reporting on speculation is not the standard I'm used of from TL.

They didn't "report" it though, it's not in the news section.

This is simply a rumor thread (and labeled as such) created by a guy who happens to be an admin.
Tyrant.
Hushfieldx
Profile Joined December 2016
Belgium64 Posts
March 16 2017 19:22 GMT
#319
On March 17 2017 04:17 Jae Zedong wrote:
They didn't "report" it though, it's not in the news section.

This is simply a rumor thread (and labeled as such) created by a guy who happens to be an admin.

You have a point there. But because an admin posted this and the post then gets stickied on the TL front page, you can see why I (and probably some other TL users as well) would come to that conclusion.
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
March 16 2017 20:09 GMT
#320
I really think this one's fake. I mean 'secretly revealed to industry insiders', really?

Blizzcon 2016 was probably the best place where Blizzard could have unveiled Brood War Remastered and it would have redeemed Blizzard from what was a really crappy Blizzcon lacking in major announcements and reveals. D3 only got the Necromancer DLC pack and a really disappointing 20th anniversary event, HotS got a few extra heroes revealed, WoW's biggest surprise was that Argus would be in Patch 7.3, and SC2 got nothing of note.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 24m
Patches Events
21h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.