• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7947 users

StarCraft: Remastered coming in May? - Page 17

Forum Index > BW General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 60 Next
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-16 21:19:09
March 16 2017 21:16 GMT
#321
Blizzcon 2016 was almost half a year ago. Not every announcement has to be made on a Blizzcon. Right now we're almost as far away from a Blizzcon as possible (6 months from the last, 6 months till the next). If the announcement is ready now, why would they move it 6 months for no reason?

Plus they would have a serious Osborne effect on their hands.
Tyrant.
classicyellow83
Profile Joined June 2016
United States2393 Posts
March 16 2017 23:31 GMT
#322
I'm copy pasting what I wrote on Flash Stream Thread

Here Flash says there is gonna be tournament with large prize pool soon. That is all he can say for now. (He's hinting that it's a collaboration between Blizzard and Afreeca). Flash said that he already agreed to do it. Flash isn't allowed to talk about the details.
Flash: "It's going to be a small tournament but, with large prize pool. I think you guys will really enjoy it. it's happening soon. You are gonna hear about it very soon. I already agreed to participate. I'm not sure about others though.

I'm guessing it's gonna be some sort of a invitational tournament with Blizzard in the forefront? Maybe? I hope? Something to do with Remastering??
I hope it's a show case for BW Remaster. That would be so sweet.


I really really really hope that this tournament has something to do with BW Remaster.
Reach!!! Come back to BW!!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 17 2017 02:34 GMT
#323
This remastered talk is interesting. Would be silly for Blizzard not to consider it when so many old games have done HD versions. However, if the remastered version changes anything from the gameplay, it's essentially only good for SP play and even then, I personally like BW's graphics so we'll see.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 17 2017 04:41 GMT
#324
On March 17 2017 06:16 Jae Zedong wrote:
Blizzcon 2016 was almost half a year ago. Not every announcement has to be made on a Blizzcon. Right now we're almost as far away from a Blizzcon as possible (6 months from the last, 6 months till the next). If the announcement is ready now, why would they move it 6 months for no reason?

Plus they would have a serious Osborne effect on their hands.


Wow I can't believe it's already been that long. I feel like it was last month xD.
When I think of something else, something will go here
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 17 2017 04:55 GMT
#325
On March 17 2017 05:09 Clbull wrote:
I really think this one's fake. I mean 'secretly revealed to industry insiders', really?

Blizzcon 2016 was probably the best place where Blizzard could have unveiled Brood War Remastered and it would have redeemed Blizzard from what was a really crappy Blizzcon lacking in major announcements and reveals. D3 only got the Necromancer DLC pack and a really disappointing 20th anniversary event, HotS got a few extra heroes revealed, WoW's biggest surprise was that Argus would be in Patch 7.3, and SC2 got nothing of note.

idk, I can imagine this being a low-key product compared to everything else. I can imagine Blizzard still wants the West to focus and pay attention to SC2 over a BW, and idk maybe its more of like, an HD BW Client, as opposed to like a full blown remake.

Idk, I don't like the timing of the announcement and the alleged release date, maybe im moving goalposts in my argument, but apparently Flash seems to corroborate, something is going on.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-17 07:24:56
March 17 2017 07:20 GMT
#326
I just wanna see how worker drills, mine defusing with a shuttle, scarab shots, air unit micro, hiding units under buildings, stop lurkers and all that good small detailed stuff that makes BW what it is works in the new graphical improvement.. I really hope it stays the same. Imagine if those things got more refined-like, sort of whats in sc2. Even an ounce of change to that would completely change the balance of certain situations. Blizzard plz dont make me re-learn a game that ive spent 10 years already playing, im too old and busy for that now.
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Butteryllama
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States22 Posts
March 17 2017 07:40 GMT
#327
Can someone explain what this input lag you guys are talking about is? I tried to do a basic search online but I don't think I found it.
As someone mentioned previously, you are NOT talking about how a command doesn't go through if you have the mouse button down are you?
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-17 07:55:42
March 17 2017 07:55 GMT
#328
On March 17 2017 05:09 Clbull wrote:
I really think this one's fake. I mean 'secretly revealed to industry insiders', really?

Blizzcon 2016 was probably the best place where Blizzard could have unveiled Brood War Remastered and it would have redeemed Blizzard from what was a really crappy Blizzcon lacking in major announcements and reveals. D3 only got the Necromancer DLC pack and a really disappointing 20th anniversary event, HotS got a few extra heroes revealed, WoW's biggest surprise was that Argus would be in Patch 7.3, and SC2 got nothing of note.

maybe they just didn't have anything to show yet at that point?
vibeo gane,
Levque
Profile Joined October 2016
88 Posts
March 17 2017 09:39 GMT
#329
On March 17 2017 16:20 ICanFlyLow wrote:
I just wanna see how worker drills, mine defusing with a shuttle, scarab shots, air unit micro, hiding units under buildings, stop lurkers and all that good small detailed stuff that makes BW what it is works in the new graphical improvement.. I really hope it stays the same. Imagine if those things got more refined-like, sort of whats in sc2. Even an ounce of change to that would completely change the balance of certain situations. Blizzard plz dont make me re-learn a game that ive spent 10 years already playing, im too old and busy for that now.


Well in all likelihood this will be a pretty simple "remaster" and will still be using the original BW engine.... So all the little quirks that make this game so great will be intact.

Attempting to remake BW on a new engine and trying to get the gameplay to be 1:1 would be such a colossal undertaking that I can't see Blizzard even attempting it...especially with such a hardcore fanbase ready to rip it apart.
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
March 17 2017 10:05 GMT
#330
I'd rather they didn't change anything, but I hope only the graphics will be remastered and they won't touch a single sound or music in the game - BW is probably the only game that I like playing/watching without any background music.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
March 17 2017 10:28 GMT
#331
On March 17 2017 19:05 Netto. wrote:
I'd rather they didn't change anything, but I hope only the graphics will be remastered and they won't touch a single sound or music in the game - BW is probably the only game that I like playing/watching without any background music.

Yup, incredible how crisp every single sound effect is. Listening to siege/unsiege is auditory porn. Sometimes I think old games actually benefitted from having to be frugal with sound file sizes. It forced the composers to strip the sound down to the bare essentials – which gave us striking and iconic sounds.

As opposed to many modern games that sound like a 10 year old had a bit too much fun in Fruity Loops. When you add every possible filter and overwork it, it just sounds bland.
Tyrant.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-17 20:41:51
March 17 2017 20:13 GMT
#332
On March 17 2017 06:16 Jae Zedong wrote:
Blizzcon 2016 was almost half a year ago. Not every announcement has to be made on a Blizzcon. Right now we're almost as far away from a Blizzcon as possible (6 months from the last, 6 months till the next). If the announcement is ready now, why would they move it 6 months for no reason?

Plus they would have a serious Osborne effect on their hands.


Hearthstone was announced about 4 years ago, it started out as a really low-key side project like this would be.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
March 18 2017 01:50 GMT
#333
i can only guess they will announce bw remastered at this event?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/520191-i-3-starcraft-even-annouced-gsl-finals-tbls
Commentator
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 18 2017 02:03 GMT
#334
I think there is a good possibility though I wonder why they wait till almost a week prior to mention details about this event. Why not much earlier?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 18 2017 02:11 GMT
#335
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/20569786

It's happening. This is just like the movie, the Happening.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Canadianboy
Profile Joined December 2016
32 Posts
March 18 2017 02:44 GMT
#336
ITS HAPPENING BOIS!
polgas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1791 Posts
March 18 2017 02:48 GMT
#337
Hype!
Leee Jaee Doong
NickHotS
Profile Joined May 2014
United States105 Posts
March 18 2017 02:52 GMT
#338
Check it out: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/legacy-games

StarCraft: Anthology is marked as "sold out." It's happening!
Canadianboy
Profile Joined December 2016
32 Posts
March 18 2017 02:55 GMT
#339
On March 18 2017 11:52 NickHotS wrote:
Check it out: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/legacy-games

StarCraft: Anthology is marked as "sold out." It's happening!


ITS FKING HAPPENING!!
Chris_Havoc
Profile Joined August 2016
United States600 Posts
March 18 2017 03:07 GMT
#340
On March 18 2017 11:52 NickHotS wrote:
Check it out: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/legacy-games

StarCraft: Anthology is marked as "sold out." It's happening!


Indeed this is the biggest tell of all. Why would a downloadable game be "sold out"

There is definitely something up here.
Owner of the SC2 Esports Anthology channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2EsportsAnthology
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 465
Bale 38
League of Legends
Doublelift5288
Other Games
summit1g9143
JimRising 515
ViBE245
Livibee204
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur556
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 10m
Patches Events
14h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
OSC
22h 10m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.